Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:41 AM
right now.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
"i'd much rather be in KC than San fran, so they can keep their 3rd round pick"

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:43 AM
"I like playing in the midwest.......I never really grew up a bears fan, it came out in an interview that I was, and it wasn't like I could argue that on a live interview"...."Never was too high on St Louis or Indy"

Hoover
04-27-2005, 09:43 AM
He said "Eric Hicks is an effin Baby who does nothing on the field and bitches after the game, and he is going to take him out so Carlos Hall gets his job"

A boy can dream right? :D

Can you give us update

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
"never got to play Special teams too much in College, because I had so many reps on defense, but I loved it when I got the chance...coaches were afraid someone would take a cheap shot"

"derek Johnson was the best LB in the draft"

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:46 AM
on being 1 of 80 guys in college.....

"College doesn't mean anything at this point, I'm ready to start over, and being a rookie is going to be like coming in from HS to College" "Its alright, I'm the bottom of the totem pole, I'm the rookie, the dounut getter.......it won't bother me if they want to tape me to the flagpole or whatever"

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:47 AM
"they won't have much fun with me...if they want me to sing my fight song....I'll jump up on the damn table and Sing it"

"some guys come in on too much of a high horse, and I realize that I come from a small school and I'm a no one who hasn't earned any respect from any vets until I earn it"

ROYC75
04-27-2005, 09:47 AM
QUOTE].it won't bother me if they want to tape me to the flagpole or whatever"[/QUOTE] .......

Oh shit, he opened up himself to some lockeroom fun.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
"guys from bigger schools are no better than me because they went to a bigger school. I refuse to believe that anyone at Miami or any D1 program had any better college experience than I did, and I won't look back because in the end, we're all going to the same place"

Hoover
04-27-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm the rookie, the dounut getter.......

Crap, someone needs to keep him away from Sims, and the other DTs

ROYC75
04-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Crap, someone needs to keep him away from Sims, and the other DTs

Good thing Chester is not here anymore ........ " DONUTS "

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:50 AM
said he wasn't recruited in HS because he wasn't the player he became....didn't even shave until he was a sophmore in college and developed(there is still a chance of your Amish Ambition Slayer)

Will he do a back flip?
Someday he hopes to have the oportunity to do it.......it has to be the right turf, it has to be the right time, it has to be a guaranteed win, and at home....Its tougher in Pads. has to be the perfect environment.....he doesn't want to give the other team anything to feed on.

beavis
04-27-2005, 09:51 AM
I already like this guy.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Plans for week.

minicamp on friday.

Coming in tomorrow.......not all the veterans were going to be there. He's kind of glad about that, so it isn't so overwelming. Has to come back to school until his class graduates. then he's moving to KC ASAP. His aunt lives in Oak Grove. He might stay with them to keep his feet on the ground and stay focused....."I'm a rookie, I've got alot to learn, I've got to stay focused.....I gotta go to work".

"hopefully I'll be talking to you all Alot in Kansas City".

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Thats it.

Bwana
04-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Good interview. Boomer is a piece of work, the media already loves him.

Radar Chief
04-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Thats it.

Thanks for that. :thumb:

JimNasium
04-27-2005, 10:00 AM
"hopefully I'll be talking to you all Alot in Kansas City".
We've got to keep him off of this message board.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 10:01 AM

Yeah but Ryan Sims is.

tyton75
04-27-2005, 10:02 AM
We need to clone this guy!

Hoover
04-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks man!

Gravedigger
04-27-2005, 10:04 AM
I love this kid!

Warrior5
04-27-2005, 10:05 AM
We've got to keep him off of this message board.

Why? He sounds like a player that would actually post on the Planet.

KChiefs1
04-27-2005, 10:05 AM
His aunt lives in Oak Grove. He might stay with them to keep his feet on the ground and stay focused
I know a lot of people in Oak Grove...I need to find out who his aunt is so my son can meet this guy.

JimNasium
04-27-2005, 10:08 AM
The dude needs to be studying and concentrating on football, not interacting with a bunch of degenerates on Chiefsplanet.

philfree
04-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Boomer gets'em in his sights and then
Boom! Boom! Out go the lights!

PhilFree:arrow

beavis
04-27-2005, 10:12 AM
It will be tough for him to knock Scanlon off the roster though.

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 10:13 AM

Heh, I thought exactly the same thing. Curt Schilling talks to fans on Red Sox boards (mostly offseason, though, I think). It would be neat to have Boomer drop in every now and then. He's sounds so unpretentious, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 10:14 AM

Pat Travers Band?

Chief Henry
04-27-2005, 10:16 AM
I didn't hear the interview but just reading
what he says is very entertaining. He could become a fan favorite easily. Hope he can
make the team. I love his attitude.

Thanks for posting this interview.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 10:18 AM
If his play is half as appealing to the fan base as his interviews.....We'll soon be forgetting benny thompson.

I'm hoping he makes Dino Hackett look like a poosay, but he's got some things to show on the field.

An interview doesn't read the run, hit like a train or cover in space.

Its nice to have found this year's training camp "RUDY" so early.

ChiefsOne
04-27-2005, 10:20 AM
This guy has a great attitude, I really hope he pans out to be a great player at this level. Doesn't sound to big for him.

Did I mention I love his attitude?

milkman
04-27-2005, 10:22 AM
If his play is half as appealing to the fan base as his interviews.....We'll soon be forgetting benny thompson.

Who? :)

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Chiefs draft pick Boomer Grigsby has four tattoos — one signifying power, one for strength and one for valor. The fourth reads, “Whatever it takes.”

philfree
04-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Pat Travers Band?

I kept thinking Robin Trower but you're right it's Pat Travers.

PhilFree:arrow:

KCTitus
04-27-2005, 10:27 AM

No, that would be 'boom goes the dynamite'...

ENDelt260
04-27-2005, 10:47 AM
said he wasn't recruited in HS because he wasn't the player he became....didn't even shave until he was a sophmore in college and developed(there is still a chance of your Amish Ambition Slayer)

Will he do a back flip?
Someday he hopes to have the oportunity to do it.......it has to be the right turf, it has to be the right time, it has to be a guaranteed win, and at home....Its tougher in Pads. has to be the perfect environment.....he doesn't want to give the other team anything to feed on.
It's good he's taking the turf and whatnot into account. I'd hate to see a Grammatica-style celebration injury.

dave0320
04-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Also said he has reasonable expectations, and anticipates having a big special teams role this year. Siad he hopes to make some big hits. :toast:

the Talking Can
04-27-2005, 11:03 AM
for all his wild man schtick he sounded very grounded and humble, he know's he's at the bottom of the list...I hope he stays healthy and gets to play on special teams..

Phobia
04-27-2005, 11:08 AM
He's gonna kick ass in camp, get cut in the final cutdown with the intention of putting him on the practice squad, and get snatched up by Indy - starting for them by midseason.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 11:11 AM
We need to contact him and make sure he grows a beard and rips off his sleeves before training camp.

ChiefsOne
04-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Phobia He's gonna kick ass in camp, get cut in the final cutdown with the intention of putting him on the practice squad, and get snatched up by Indy - starting for them by midseason.

Damn you Phob, you jinxed us!

kc rush
04-27-2005, 11:17 AM

A company I used to work for several years back did work for Krispy Kreeme. They would say that Victor Riley would come in all the time and polish off a dozen glazed. They said that he would stack the donuts then smash them together and down them that way.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 11:30 AM
A company I used to work for several years back did work for Krispy Kreeme. They would say that Victor Riley would come in all the time and polish off a dozen glazed. They said that he would stack the donuts then smash them together and down them that way.

What a fat turd. That's disgusting.

Manila-Chief
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I think there is an excellent chance we have found the guy to bring "ATTITUDE" to special teams. Just what we need.

I agree it is all talk now but I do like his attitude and I suspect that he will make the roster.... for ST if for no other reason.

jcl-kcfan2
04-27-2005, 11:55 AM

I'm hoping he makes Dino Hackett look like a poosay, but he's got some things to show on the field.

An interview doesn't read the run, hit like a train or cover in space.

Its nice to have found this year's training camp "RUDY" so early.

I don't think he is a "Rudy" or a Brian Shay even..

Did you see his combine scores?

He is one of the top rated LB'ers based on the combine, the guy has the physical skills to do it.

The only thing he doesn't have is a big school on his resume.

Looks like this guy has a real chance to make it ...

munkey
04-27-2005, 11:58 AM
He's gonna kick ass in camp, get cut in the final cutdown with the intention of putting him on the practice squad, and get snatched up by Indy - starting for them by midseason.

My thoughts exactly....

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 11:58 AM

And here I was about to hit the SEND button on that $5,000 Paypal contribution to the Planet. Forget it now, Mister.

whoman69
04-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Need I remind everyone how they went nuts for Kawika Mitchell when he got here. The story about him going thru a windshield sent everyone to the brink. I prefer to let Boomer prove it on the field as Rocket Man has not.

Gaz
04-27-2005, 12:10 PM
I love the guy’s ‘tude. That “WOO” will be contagious and our ST could use some fire. I think he will be a fine addition to Special Teams.

That is all I expect at this point. But that is sufficient for now.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure how anyone could not admire Boomer’s approach to the game.

royr17
04-27-2005, 12:11 PM
He said "Eric Hicks is an effin Baby who does nothing on the field and bitches after the game, and he is going to take him out so Carlos Hall gets his job"

A boy can dream right? :D

Can you give us update

Did he really say this or did you make this up ?

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 12:15 PM

I can vouch that hoover said it.

royr17
04-27-2005, 12:17 PM
I can vouch that hoover said it.

Damn Damn Damn, I was hoping that he would've really said that.

redbrian
04-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Need I remind everyone how they went nuts for Kawika Mitchell when he got here. The story about him going thru a windshield sent everyone to the brink. I prefer to let Boomer prove it on the field as Rocket Man has not.

I don't recall Mitchell playing special teams, I may be wrong.

I see this kid as the next Maz, only faster, bigger and badder.

ST and back up for the next 2 to 3 years than look out.

KC Kings
04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
This guy is a white, blue collar, trailer park, beer drinking redneck. That is why he is so likeable. I am not getting my hopes up like I did with a crazy Kawika and his attitude, or the mean Eddie Freeman with the "rage this defense needs", or the R-Kal that didn't even make the starting lineup on a decent d-line, etc....

He will replace Maz on Johnny Dare's weekly Chiefs interview, and that is about all that is solid. If he can fill Beisle's shoes on ST we would be extremely lucky. If he turns out to be a super star LBer, it will be a frickin miracle.

ROYC75
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM

ROFL

Rep.

ROYC75
04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't recall Mitchell playing special teams, I may be wrong.

I see this kid as the next Maz, only faster, bigger and badder.

ST and back up for the next 2 to 3 years than look out.

Mitchell did play ST before Maz got hurt !

Fire Me Boy!
04-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Yesterday, 610 was playing a clip of Boomer talking about being a ST contributor and he said something to the effect of, "All I have to do is run real fast and be real mean... I'm looking forward to running down on kickoffs and knocking somebody's block off."

I loved it... now, I'm gonna go bump my thread proposing Boomer be the Chiefs spokesman.

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Damn Damn Damn, I was hoping that he would've really said that.

Roy, why is it that you are so damn gullible? I find myself shaking my head at you, almost daily.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't think he is a "Rudy" or a Brian Shay even..

Did you see his combine scores?

He is one of the top rated LB'ers based on the combine, the guy has the physical skills to do it.

by "rudy", I merely meant a "fan favorite"....A guy its EASY to root for. the Guy you WANT to make a big hit.

Like all the draft pics, I want every one of them to Play like Singletary at LB, Hasty at Corner, Atwater at Safety..........but there is just something about a guy with "personality and humility" that is easy to like.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 01:51 PM

You know whoman..........Every day........and I mean Every day you post, its like you're the first date that talks about her Cycle and Constipation at dinner.

Anyone who disagrees sucks <0ck of his own free will.

Nzoner
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
"I'm a rookie, I've got alot to learn, I've got to stay focused.....I gotta go to work".

Vermeil has gotta love that.

Thanks for posting the thread Iowanian,as I wasn't able to catch it.

StcChief
04-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Good midwestern small town up bringing. Not a street hood. Small school didn't slow him down, then or now.

Humble but afraid to say what he thinks and work hard.

This big boy is gonna be a fan favorite no doubt.

JimNasium
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
by "rudy", I merely meant a "fan favorite"....A guy its EASY to root for. the Guy you WANT to make a big hit.

I was never really an Omar Easy fan.

go bowe
04-27-2005, 05:55 PM
The dude needs to be studying and concentrating on football, not interacting with a bunch of degenerates on Chiefsplanet.degenerates, huh?

well, it is a step up from being a lawyer... :) :) :)

whoman69
04-27-2005, 06:51 PM
You know whoman..........Every day........and I mean Every day you post, its like you're the first date that talks about her Cycle and Constipation at dinner.

Anyone who disagrees sucks <0ck of his own free will.
Somebody pee in your cheerios today?

shaneo69
04-27-2005, 07:50 PM

The thing I keep telling myself is that G Rob signed off on the Kawika pick, while Gunther gave the go-ahead on the Boomer pick.

philfree
04-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey it the 69 twinks..........You boys cut that out! :)

JazzzLovr
04-27-2005, 09:08 PM

He read it on the Star board.

redhed
04-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey, thanks for posting this, 'wanian.
I didn't even know he was going to be on the air.

/I always heard it was Iaweejuns.
:shrug:

JimNasium
04-27-2005, 09:12 PM
He read it on the Star board.
:)