PDA

View Full Version : Life Signs of attraction

Pages : [1] 2

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Below is MSNBC's article about how to tell if a woman is attracted to you.

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=3638&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&GT1=6428

Attention, men! 4 signs that she's into you
By Matt Christensen

You’re at a bar. You notice a woman. She notices you. You move closer, drink in hand. She tosses her hair and crosses her legs. Does it mean anything? You bet. Is it a good sign? Could be. More than 70% of communication between humans is non-verbal, meaning you can learn a lot, and save yourself from potential embarrassment, just by watching a potential love interest. Check out these things you can tell about a woman before she even says word one.

Clue #1: She’s all decked out
What you can tell: According to Patti Wood, body language expert and professional speaker, a woman’s appearance can translate into how much attention she needs, and is willing to give. “When a woman takes care of herself, men assume she’ll be able to take care of them,” she says. That’s the upside. “But if her appearance is perfectly flawless, that is the standard she’ll measure you by,” explains Kevin Hogan, Ph.D., and author of Irresistible Attraction: Secrets of Personal Magnetism. Are you up for the challenge? Because she may well be one high-maintenance woman.

Clue #2: She licks her lips
What you can tell: “There is a certain kind of lip-licking that means she’s interested,” says Wood. “Look for a slow movement of just the upper part of the tongue across the lips. A woman has to make an effort to do that, so it’s very come-hither.” John South, from Charleston, WV, has used the lip-licking theory to his advantage. “There was a woman at a bar who looked at me and then licked her lips,” he explains. “So, I went over to her and asked her if she needed some ChapStick. She knew I caught her, and she was a little embarrassed, but she told me she was glad I came over.”

Clue #3: She tosses her hair
What you can tell: “Any kind of preening is a woman’s attempt to get noticed,” Wood explains. One particularly good sign: “If she flips her hair back with her wrist exposed, she’s opening herself up to you.” In fact, any exaggerated hair toss (as opposed to a quick sweep of the bangs to get them out of the way), is a positive thing. Chase Massingill, of Queens, NY, says the hair toss has been a good indicator that a woman is interested in him. “One night at a party, I noticed this beautiful woman looking at me, then she looked away and flipped her hair back,” he explains. “I went to talk to her and later found out from one of her friends that she’d been eyeing me all night.”

Clue #4: Her feet face you
What you can tell: “Where the feet go, the heart follows,” explains Wood. “If a woman is into you, the bottom portion of her body will face you. If her lower body is turned away, chances are it’s not shyness, it’s a lack of interest.” Most women have been taught to be polite, so they may turn to face you with their upper bodies, observes Wood. “But the lower body is what separates attraction from civility. Even when she’s talking to other guys, if her feet are pointed toward you, she’s interested. It’s a very good indicator.”

Now that you know how to decode body language, get out there and use this info to approach the women who are interested in you… and not bother with those who aren’t.

Matt Christensen has written for Maxim and The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

So, just for the women, maybe we chiefsplanet guys can write the other side of the article. What are some signs that women can read about you that signals that you might be attracted to them.

I'll start.

1. We keep adjusting our pants.

2. We take off our pants.

3. We sit behind a table and don't stand up.

4. We try to lick your lips.

Demonpenz
04-27-2005, 12:12 PM
it's always going good if the girl doesn't mace me

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 12:15 PM
ROFL That pepper spray's a bitch, aint it! ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Clue #5: If a woman invites herself into your hotel room and asks you if you have a girlfriend, there's a good chance she's interested. :banghead:

Bob Dole
04-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Bob Dole supposes all the anti-smoking sentiment is the reason they left out the "if she touches your hand when you light her cigarette" indicator.

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 12:17 PM
We talk to your chest and never make eye contact.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 12:21 PM

If she aimed it somewhere other than directly in my eyes, I always read that to mean that I still had a chance.

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Clue #4: Her feet face you

I like it when the bottom of her feet are facing me.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Another sign that a guy is attracted to a woman: He tries to get her drunk.

Bob Dole
04-27-2005, 12:33 PM

It's usually an even better sign when they're facing the ceiling.

Donger
04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm so out of practice, I wouldn't have a clue if some gal was hitting on me.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm so out of practice, I wouldn't have a clue if some gal was hitting on me.

She's not.

Phobia
04-27-2005, 12:39 PM
That's all well and good, but how can you tell if a pidgeon toed gal likes you?

Donger
04-27-2005, 12:41 PM
She's not.

Heh. The wife and I were at a party last weekend, and I was having a friendly chat with a gal. I honestly don't even recall if she was attractive or not. But, the hostess (my wife's friend who was nearby) apparently didn't like where this gal was going. I, of course, was completely oblivious.

She went and got my wife who, to my surprise, quite succinctly informed the gal that I was married and not available.

I felt like a piece of meat.

Brock
When you're driving by slow and they walk out to the street and ask you if you want to party, that usually means they like you.

Donger
That's all well and good, but how can you tell if a pidgeon toed gal likes you?

Hell, even I can interpret a good Donger squeeze as, "Hi. I'm attracted to you."

Otter
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
It's usually an even better sign when they're facing the ceiling.

Is this still a good sign when it's due to rigamortus?

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
number 3 is a lie.....my damn hair is long and gets in my way all the time. I am constantly tossing and flipping it and it doesn't mean I have the hots for the bag boy at the store.:rolleyes:

bkkcoh
04-27-2005, 12:48 PM
number 3 is a lie.....my damn hair is long and gets in my way all the time. I am constantly tossing and flipping it and it doesn't mean I have the hots for the bag boy at the store.:rolleyes:

Atleast that is what you say to us on the board.

:p :hmmm:

Braincase
04-27-2005, 12:49 PM
"When she mentions how attractive her ankles would look on your shoulders, that's a pretty positive sign."

badgirl
04-27-2005, 12:50 PM
try not to make direct eye contact with the bag boy while flipping your hair, cause that would mean you want him, you may glance if you can't help it, but don't hold eye contact, that is a true sign of interest.

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 12:50 PM
And about number 2.......what if she just wanted to lick her lips?:)

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Back when I was single, I used to consider it a sign that she was attracted to me if she offered a discount.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
And about number 2.......what if she just wanted to lick her lips?:)
If you licked your lips while making eye contact the same applies

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 12:56 PM
What if you lick your hair while making eye contact?

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 12:56 PM
try not to make direct eye contact with the bag boy while flipping your hair, cause that would mean you want him, you may glance if you can't help it, but don't hold eye contact, that is a true sign of interest.

I make eye contact with everyone......the eyes are the window to the soul. Making eye contact with someone does not mean you want to screw them.....Do you not make eye contact with guys at all badgirl?

badgirl
04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I make eye contact with everyone......the eyes are the window to the soul. Making eye contact with someone does not mean you want to screw them.....Do you not make eye contact with guys at all badgirl?
of course when I'm talking to them, but I'm not running my hands through my hair and licking my lips when I do it, that would give the wrong impression even if you didn't want them, men thinks with their dicks and if you were looking a guy in the eyes while licking your lips, you may not be thinking anything, but he probably is.

Well I'll edit this, if your attractive he probably is thinking something, if your a dog, he's probably not thinking anything, or wishing you'd stop.

RaiderH8r
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I like it when the bottom of her feet are facing the ceiling...or the bottom of her chin is resting on deez nuts.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 01:00 PM
What if you lick your hair while making eye contact?
ROFL

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey. bad girl and chiefs4me. Instead of arguing what's NOT a sign of attraction, kindly stick to the topic and tell us what is it you women do that IS a sign we men should be looking for!

- 4th
*putting the train back on the tracks*

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 01:02 PM
of course when I'm talking to them, but I'm not running my hands through my hair and licking my lips when I do it, that would give the wrong impression even if you didn't want them, men thinks with their dicks and if you were looking a guy in the eyes while licking your lips, you may not be thinking anything, but he probably is.

Truthfully, he probably is anyway.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey. bad girl and chiefs4me. Instead of arguing what's NOT a sign of attraction, kindly stick to the topic and tell us what is it you women do that IS a sign we men should be looking for!

- 4th
I always just made eye contact, if you hold eye contact long enough and give them the right look, they will know what you want.

:p

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 01:05 PM
When I'm at a bar and shooting pool. If I see a gal looking at me and I'm waiting for my turn to shoot pool. I'll hold the pool cue upright and stroke the cue up and down and smile at the girl. If she returns a smile, all is well I'll be going home with her.

Well, it's better than sticking your foot out....

patteeu
04-27-2005, 01:08 PM

Maybe you are just a subconscous slut. :p

patteeu
04-27-2005, 01:09 PM

Maybe I should strike the word "maybe" from my last post. :eek:

Biohazard
04-27-2005, 01:12 PM
I always just made eye contact, if you hold eye contact long enough and give them the right look, they will know what you want.

But what if they think your making eye contact, when really they have somthing on their face that you cant stop looking at, what do you do then. They may think you want somthing that you rally dont!! :banghead:

patteeu
04-27-2005, 01:17 PM
But what if they think your making eye contact, when really they have somthing on their face that you cant stop looking at, what do you do then. They may think you want somthing that you rally dont!! :banghead:

I think the rule is that if you exhibit more than one of the signs of attraction or if you exhibit one sign for an extended period, then it doesn't matter what your intention was, you have to put out anyway. Don't blame me, I'm not the one who makes the rules.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 01:18 PM
well that would be a different kind of look, your eyes will tell a man what you want and if they have a half a brain they will be able to pick up on it in no time. :p

luv
04-27-2005, 01:19 PM

That's why girls don't go out alone. When we see a guy that catches our attention, we can turn to our friend and make sure we don't have anything on our face or in our teeth.

Another sign I would say is when a woman "breaks free" from the group of girlfriends that she's with. At least that's what I do, I'm under the impression a guy will approach you if you're not surrounded. Don't take my word for it though ladies, cuz when I do that, the guy usually comes up and asks me if my friend is available. lol

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
I think the rule is that if you exhibit more than one of the signs of attraction or if you exhibit one sign for an extended period, then it doesn't matter what your intention was, you have to put out anyway. Don't blame me, I'm not the one who makes the rules.

Well, by golly you should be.

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Bleh, every time I make eye contact with a gal, they think I'm a stalker and look away.

That's when I usually send a note over with the waitress saying, "Hi, wanna go to my place and play with my chainsaw?"

badgirl
04-27-2005, 01:22 PM
That's why girls don't go out alone. When we see a guy that catches our attention, we can turn to our friend and make sure we don't have anything on our face or in our teeth.

Another sign I would say is when a woman "breaks free" from the group of girlfriends that she's with. At least that's what I do, I'm under the impression a guy will approach you if you're not surrounded. Don't take my word for it though ladies, cuz when I do that, the guy usually comes up and asks me if my friend is available. lol
A lot of guys want to come up and talk to you when your with your friends I think, to try to impress the whole table, I guess a guy figures, well if I can't get the one I want, maybe I can get one of her friends.

Who Knows????? :)

badgirl
04-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Bleh, every time I make eye contact with a gal, they think I'm a stalker and look away.

That's when I usually send a note over with the waitress saying, "Hi, wanna go to my place and play with my chainsaw?"
If a guy tries to make eye contact with me and I'm not interested I will not look at them or even in the direction they are in, sometimes that don't work, the next thing you feel is a tap on the shoulder and being asked for a dance, a lot of men I have met in bars feel like if you dance with them, they can take over the rest of the night and sit at your table and act like your with them, :banghead: this always pissed me off and I have had to get really rude to get them to leave me alone.

Donger
04-27-2005, 01:27 PM
A lot of guys want to come up and talk to you when your with your friends I think, to try to impress the whole table, I guess a guy figures, well if I can't get the one I want, maybe I can get one of her friends.

Who Knows????? :)

Well, since all women are at the very least closet lesbians, said fella is looking for a lesbo gangbang.

I thought you females knew this.

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 01:28 PM

I love chainsaws.......:p

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 01:31 PM

- 4th

Can't tell you what to look for.....when I was dating and out and about. If I saw someone I wanted I just told them so.;)

mcan
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Here's what...

The different "tells" are different for each type of girl. And there are several types...

Rating: How hot she is from 1-10
Self Consciousness: How she sees herself from 1-10

Most women fit into a 7/5 kinda mold. They are really about a 7. (average bell curve tops at 7) They see themselves as fives. So, they don't give off as many overt signals. They usually aren't any better then guys when it comes to flirting or being flirted with.

Then there are the 5/7 girls. These girls are often psycho. They really look worse than average, but they can't wait until they can bag some guy at a bar or randomly make out with someone to keep their "7" or "8" mentality. They have a TON of overt signals that actually might include humping your leg.

Then there are the 9/7 girls. These are the types that you want. They are ultra hot, but honestly believe that they are about average. These are the ones that, when they are interested give off the "signs" but they don't know they are doing it. They are subconsciously trying to "UP" their number because they think they are just 7s, and the extra primping is going to fool you or give them that little bit of extra something. They are rarely ever nervous when guys approach them. In fact, they get approached all the time. They will almost always have boyfriends though, and if you give them a compliment, you will get right into "lets be friends" land. What's odd is that if you wanna score points with this girl, you have to make her feel like a 7. EVERYBODY tells them they are a 9-10. But they believe they are a 7. A lot of guys think that making them feel like they are a 7 is being mean to them. But it's not, it's just being on THIER side.

THE 10/9s and 9/10s are very rare. These girls are often in the extremes. Some of them play so many games that you can't keep up. Others just know what they want and go get it without any games at all. Like Madonna, she just calls a guy and says "I want to meet you."

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I love chainsaws.......:p

Hey....it worked.

You're welcome to come over, any time....

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Hey....it worked.

You're welcome to come over, any time....

No way am I coming to that frozen tundra....you will have to come to Texas.:p So how's the dog situation, give me an update?

patteeu
04-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Here's what...

The different "tells" are different for each type of girl. And there are several types...

Most women fit into a 7/5 kinda mold. They are really about a 7. (average bell curve tops at 7) They see themselves as fives. So, they don't give off as many overt signals. They usually aren't any better then guys when it comes to flirting or being flirted with.

Then there are the 5/7 girls. These girls are often psycho. They really look worse than average, but they can't wait until they can bag some guy at a bar or randomly make out with someone to keep their "7" or "8" mentality. They have a TON of overt signals that actually might include humping your leg.

Then there are the 9/7 girls. These are the types that you want. They are ultra hot, but honestly believe that they are about average. These are the ones that, when they are interested give off the "signs" but they don't know they are doing it. They are subconsciously trying to "UP" their number because they think they are just 7s, and the extra primping is going to fool you or give them that little bit of extra something. They are rarely ever nervous when guys approach them. In fact, they get approached all the time. They will almost always have boyfriends though, and if you give them a compliment, you will get right into "lets be friends" land. What's odd is that if you wanna score points with this girl, you have to make her feel like a 7. EVERYBODY tells them they are a 9-10. But they believe they are a 7. A lot of guys think that making them feel like they are a 7 is being mean to them. But it's not, it's just being on THIER side.

THE 10/9s and 9/10s are very rare. These girls are often in the extremes. Some of them play so many games that you can't keep up. Others just know what they want and go get it without any games at all. Like Madonna, she just calls a guy and says "I want to meet you."

It sucks that I came across this post after I already retired from the singles life. You should write a book. This stuff is crafty.

Brock
04-27-2005, 02:00 PM

So you're saying Madonna's a 9 or a 10? No fuggin way.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't think so either.

beavis
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
I'd hit it.

ENDelt260
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
When you're driving by slow and they walk out to the street and ask you if you want to party, that usually means they like you.
Nah, she likes your friend Ben.

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 02:11 PM
No way am I coming to that frozen tundra....you will have to come to Texas.:p So how's the dog situation, give me an update?

Frozen tundra? :shake: No way is this the frozen tundra, it doesn't even get below zero but on rare ocassions around here. As a matter of fact, we have more sunny days than you.... :p

Anyways, my roomie and I got the dog thing all worked out. We talked about it, and he felt terrible. Even gave me some money! He had no idea how much "work" I was putting in with the dogs. He knew he was being lazy, but he failed to see the irresponsibility on his part. He still hasn't changed, but at least he sees where I'm coming from and was apologetic....we had a few beers and all is good.

ENDelt260
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
It sucks that I came across this post after I already retired from the singles life. You should write a book. This stuff is crafty.
You read that? I just thought, "Man, that is long." and moved on to the next one.

mcan
04-27-2005, 02:22 PM

She's not MY type personally, but in her prime, she was one of the most desired women on the planet. The point was that she KNEW it and BELIEVED it. You hear that all the time. "She knows she hot." And often that's true. But even more often, they'll know it, but not truely believe it. The logical way to combat that, is to tell them that they are beautiful (the truth), and men tend to solve thier problems with logic. (even though it might be flawed logic most of the time). So, that's what guys do. They find a girl who they think is hot, and they compliment them. But it backfires nearly every time. That's because while they know that that they are hot, they don't believe it. They will think that:

1. You're lying to them.
2. You're telling the truth, but your stupid.
3. You're a loser who thinks that all girls are hot.

Think about it. All day, they get hit on. They go get the mail, "hey pretty girl." But deep down, they think it's all a sham. So, all day they are surrounded by guys who desire them, but they don't desire. They must all be losers. So, when they get to the bar/club/whatever, and some guy hits on them they associate THAT guy with all those losers. What a lot of guys think is that they have to be mean to the girl (tell her ass looks big in those pants) in order to seperate themselves from the losers and get attention from these girls. They call this "negative hitting" or "negs." The truth is, you just have to treat these girls as they see themselves while still showing interest. You have to make them feel like they are connected with you and you are not a loser.

These girls don't want to be told that they're beautiful until after the relationship starts, and even then, sparingly... Don't try to convince them, they already KNOW that they are just a 7.

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Frozen tundra? :shake: No way is this the frozen tundra, it doesn't even get below zero but on rare ocassions around here. As a matter of fact, we have more sunny days than you.... :p

Anyways, my roomie and I got the dog thing all worked out. We talked about it, and he felt terrible. Even gave me some money! He had no idea how much "work" I was putting in with the dogs. He knew he was being lazy, but he failed to see the irresponsibility on his part. He still hasn't changed, but at least he sees where I'm coming from and was apologetic....we had a few beers and all is good.

glad the doggy problem is worked out. And no way am I ever going back to zero...when it drops below 50 here I am freezing......:)

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 02:23 PM
You read that? I just thought, "Man, that is long." and moved on to the next one.

short attention span = short dating life with the women.

:D

But, it's true...

ENDelt260
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
short attention span = short dating life with the women.

But, it's true...
Is that what my problem with women is--- oooh, look a quarter!

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 02:28 PM
She's (Madonna) not MY type personally, but in her prime, she (Madonna) was one of the most desired women on the planet. The point was that she KNEW it and BELIEVED it. You hear that all the time. "She knows she hot." And often that's true.

Not exactly true. If you look at Madonna's earlier pictures BEFORE she became a household name, you will see an average looking Midwestern girl. What Madonna did have was a super inflated ego. She wanted to be bigger than Marilyn Monroe and in the beginning emulated that Marilyn persona to a Tee...and then she became hot.

cookster50
04-27-2005, 02:30 PM

No, I believe it is because you are so darned ugly.

Skip Towne
04-27-2005, 02:32 PM
I've always thought if a woman is interested in a man she will let him know it. I know this for a fact because it happened to me once about 40 years ago.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 02:47 PM
But then there are those relationships where you know each other for years and the "feelings" start creeping up on you and blindsides you before you know what happened. Those are my favorite.

mcan
04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
But then there are those relationships where you know each other for years and the "feelings" start creeping up on you and blindsides you before you know what happened. Those are my favorite.

If they could all be like this, then that would be awesome. But, unfortunately, most women fear these relationships because they tend to hurt more than the rest when they go sour. Also, it's hard to get most people to switch gears about attraction.

1. Think of a guy/girl that you are attracted to.

2. Now think of a guy/girl that you are indifferent to.

3. Now think ofa guy/girl that you are NOT attracted to.

Think about them again, and recognize in yourself the different feelings you get. Try to imagine what that guy or girl in #1 did to give you those feelings. Can you imagine a world or set of circumstances where the guy or girl in #2 could make you feel the same way? How much more would the guy or girl in #3 have to do? Is it even possible?

Awesome thread BTW... I'm going to start giving out some rep...

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM

I have news for you- those weren't "feelings" They were baseball bats.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
When I'm at a bar and shooting pool. If I see a gal looking at me and I'm waiting for my turn to shoot pool. I'll hold the pool cue upright and stroke the cue up and down and smile at the girl. If she returns a smile, all is well I'll be going home with her.

Well, it's better than sticking your foot out....

Aren't you a little old for bar hopping?

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM

No, I think you might have attention defic OH hey, let's go get drunk.

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Aren't you a little old for bar hopping?

Don't you have little Star Wars figurines to go play with?

mcan
04-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Not exactly true. If you look at Madonna's earlier pictures BEFORE she became a household name, you will see an average looking Midwestern girl. What Madonna did have was a super inflated ego. She wanted to be bigger than Marilyn Monroe and in the beginning emulated that Marilyn persona to a Tee...and then she became hot.

The actual "1-10" scale is a slading scale. For some people, Madonna is a 10. For me, she's more like a 7. Either way, she believes she is a 10. That's why she goes after what she wants. My point was, with this type of girl, you don't hurt yourself by calling her beautiful. It's just like agreeing with her. Just like if she said, "hey this shirt is green," and you said "Yes it is." Only it's about her looks.

With most hot girls, this isn't how it works. (see below).

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Don't you have little Star Wars figurines to go play with?

Don't avoid the question.... :D

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
The actual "1-10" scale is a slading scale. For some people, Madonna is a 10. For me, she's more like a 7. Either way, she believes she is a 10. That's why she goes after what she wants. My point was, with this type of girl, you don't hurt yourself by calling her beautiful. It's just like agreeing with her. Just like if she said, "hey this shirt is green," and you said "Yes it is." Only it's about her looks.

With most hot girls, this isn't how it works. (see below).

Obviously I am screwed.

mcan
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Obviously I am screwed.

If you're getting screwed, then I need to rethink my strategy... :)

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM

And I suppose you aren't avoiding your question?

Well, if you must know Sherlock- I don't "bar-hop" anymore. "Bar-hopping" is for twenty-somethings before they get married. I DO however go to a bar a couple of times a week, if not more- but, I do so 'cause I'm still single and more importantly 'cause I happen to shoot in a pool league two nights a week. I also play in a softball league, and we hit a bar afterwards.

Now, do you care to explain your GI Joe set to us?

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 03:15 PM

He's old, but he's very, very immature. It averages out to barhopping age.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:15 PM
And I suppose you aren't avoiding your question?

Well, if you must know Sherlock- I don't "bar-hop" anymore. "Bar-hopping" is for twenty-somethings before they get married. I DO however go to a bar a couple of times a week, if not more- but, I do so 'cause I'm still single and more importantly 'cause I happen to shoot in a pool league two nights a week. I also play in a softball league, and we hit a bar afterwards.

Now, do you care to explain your GI Joe set to us?

I see...that would explain it then.

I don't play with action figures.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
This can be easily simplified.

Treat the Hoooor like a Q
and the Q like a hooooor

and your batting average will be around .350 with a great slugging percentage if you don't have a lazy eye or hump on your back.

Count Alex's Losses
If you're getting screwed, then I need to rethink my strategy... :)

You know what I mean. I'm like the Kawika Mitchell of the dating game...no instincts.

CosmicPal
He's old, but he's very, very immature. It averages out to barhopping age.

ROFL

He's got me pegged right.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
This can be easily simplified.

Treat the Hoooor like a Q
and the Q like a hooooor

and your batting average will be around .350 with a great slugging percentage if you don't have a lazy eye or hump on your back.

A Q?

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 03:19 PM
You know what I mean. I'm like the Kawika Mitchell of the dating game...no instincts.

It's not instincts you need, it's BALLS.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 03:19 PM
She's not MY type personally, but in her prime, she was one of the most desired women on the planet. The point was that she KNEW it and BELIEVED it. You hear that all the time. "She knows she hot." And often that's true. But even more often, they'll know it, but not truely believe it. The logical way to combat that, is to tell them that they are beautiful (the truth), and men tend to solve thier problems with logic. (even though it might be flawed logic most of the time). So, that's what guys do. They find a girl who they think is hot, and they compliment them. But it backfires nearly every time. That's because while they know that that they are hot, they don't believe it. They will think that:

1. You're lying to them.

Think about it. All day, they get hit on. They go get the mail, "hey pretty girl." But deep down, they think it's all a sham. So, all day they are surrounded by guys who desire them, but they don't desire. They must all be losers. So, when they get to the bar/club/whatever, and some guy hits on them they associate THAT guy with all those losers. What a lot of guys think is that they have to be mean to the girl (tell her ass looks big in those pants) in order to seperate themselves from the losers and get attention from these girls. They call this "negative hitting" or "negs." The truth is, you just have to treat these girls as they see themselves while still showing interest. You have to make them feel like they are connected with you and you are not a loser.

These girls don't want to be told that they're beautiful until after the relationship starts, and even then, sparingly... Don't try to convince them, they already KNOW that they are just a 7.
All this from the guy that never hit the chick in his LAST avatar...

KCTitus
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't play with action figures.

He keeps them in the original box..they're too valuable. :D

Count Alex's Losses
It's not instincts you need, it's BALLS.

That's what booze is for.

Iowanian
Queen. (not Drag queen...unless you're into Rupal)...

In short........Be nice to the women that other guys aren't, and not so nice to the ones other guys drool after. Never kiss the ass(unless its on the way down on a successful adventure) of a broad that other guys chase around.

Be nice to the gals that other guys aren't.

I'm telling you......It works better than 1984 SexPanther.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:21 PM
There is definitely some truth to the idea that confidence is everything. I wasn't a real popular kid in school, but somehow in high school I scored a really hot girlfriend. No one understood how, most especially me. I married her when I was 18, we have a daughter, etc. And we got divorced when I was 21.

What happened to me in the meantime was that I figured out (basically by a stroke of luck) that I WAS actually capable of scoring hot chicks. I pretty much decided I could have any woman I wanted. I mean I really believed it. And guess what? I found out it was pretty much true. When you are convinced you can have any woman you want, they throw themselves at you.

Now-a-days I know better than to truly believe I can have any woman I want, but I still try to have that kind of confidence and swagger when I approach a woman. It's not about being cocky, but just about knowing that there is nothing about this woman that makes her out of your league. If you believe it, she will too. Sure, sometimes I get rejected. When that happens, I figure there's one of two reasons:

1. I didn't have enough time to work my magic. Given more time, she definitely would have wanted me.

2. I didn't really want her. Since I can have any woman I want, i must not have wanted her, or I'd have her.

Try it, it works. :D

Count Alex's Losses
He keeps them in the original box..they're too valuable. :D

Well played. :holdman:

CosmicPal
That's what booze is for.

No, the booze is to make them look better.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:23 PM

In short........Be nice to the women that other guys aren't, and not so nice to the ones other guys drool after. Never kiss the ass(unless its on the way down on a successful adventure) of a broad that other guys chase around.

I do agree with this one, too. If you are nice to the gals other guys aren't, then one of two things happen:

1. The gals that the other guys want pick you instead. They can't figure out why you are hitting on HER instead of ME, so they take you as a challenge.

2. You go home with the girl that the other guys didn't want. Often times she's the best catch of the bunch anyway (i.e. the one most likely to do anal). :D

Count Alex's Losses

That's very interesting. I'll make a note.

Iowanian
gochiefs..........I have a friend who has probably poked 1000 women, and i'm not joking. Mostly very fine specimins. He didn't have a chic-tionary....he had a fargin 10gig palm pilot..with broads in every corner of 3 states.

The secret to his success, besides being a decent looking cat, is Baows....and lack of fear of failure. The same guy has probably been turned down by 50,000 women.

I've SEEN him stick his head out a window at a stop sign to a group of gals (when in HS) and say "Hey ladies...which one of you wants to EFF me".....and one jumped in.

Persistance is the key.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:24 PM
No, the booze is to make them look better.

I never drink that much.

ENDelt260
04-27-2005, 03:24 PM
I get rejected. When that happens, I figure there's one of two reasons:

1. I didn't have enough time to work my magic. Given more time, she definitely would have wanted me.

2. I didn't really want her. Since I can have any woman I want, i must not have wanted her, or I'd have her.

I just figure the girl's mentally deficient. Clearly she didn't recognize the god among men standing before her.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey gochiefs, an old boss of mine had a saying:

"If you walk down the street asking every girl to f**k you'll get slapped a lot but you'll get laid a lot too."

It's all about having the balls to start it off and act like you're supposed to be there. Games will get you nothing but laid, a relationship based on games won't work. Hookers are for getting laid and cost a lot less time and energy than games. Hookers are also a sure thing.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Clearly she didn't recognize the god among men standing before her.

You do know that you are not the guy in your avatar, right?

ENDelt260
04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Hookers are also a sure thing.

I dunno about that. I wouldn't put it past gochiefs to get robbed by one and not get any puss.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
gochiefs.........I'll caution you on your use of the Prick button....I don't think you should do that without a governor on the carb...

you should start out, by being nice to the gals that other guys ignore, or aren't nice too. Seriously.

Build confidence.

Every man who has ever asked a woman out has been denied. Sometimes Brutally. Walk it off and move on. I guarantee, if you're not a complete prick, and have reasonable expectations, and ask 10 women you've never met, on a date.....one will go.

All bullshit aside, the best thing that could happen to you would be a 35 year old, newly divorced woman.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
I dunno about that. I wouldn't put it past gochiefs to get robbed by one and not get any puss.
ROFL

Wait, that isnt' funny. :hmmm:

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:29 PM
"If you walk down the street asking every girl to f**k you'll get slapped a lot but you'll get laid a lot too."

It's so true.

Not that I recommend that technique exactly, but once you find the balls to go up to any woman and have a chat, you'll find you'll get a lot more positive responses. It's just like anything else. You are more likely to hit a home run in 500 at-bats than in one. You're more likely to get a great photo if you snap five rolls of one subject than one.

You gotta get the balls to just go give it a try. And then you gotta get over the rejection and walk up to the next one. Do it enough times, you're Wilt Chamberlin.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
You're all just jealous, cause I've been chatting with babes online all day.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
gochiefs.........I'll caution you on your use of the Prick button....I don't think you should do that without a governor on the carb...

you should start out, by being nice to the gals that other guys ignore, or aren't nice too. Seriously.

Build confidence.

Every man who has ever asked a woman out has been denied. Sometimes Brutally. Walk it off and move on. I guarantee, if you're not a complete prick, and have reasonable expectations, and ask 10 women you've never met, on a date.....one will go.

I have no doubt...as far as being a prick I am not really capable of that.

Governor on the carb?

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 03:31 PM
I mean I don't think you have a volume control on what the acceptable decible level of Prickdom would be, to still maintain a reasonable chance of success.

luv2nite is looking for a mandongo.....IM the chic and use your Mojo. You'll be on a moped, heading to III's house to shag in no time.

jcroft

Build confidence.

All bullshit aside, the best thing that could happen to you would be a 35 year old, newly divorced woman.

I agree with this completely, too. First, learn to punch your own weight. Go for the girls the other guys aren't. They're easy targets. That's not meant to be rude, but it's true. They're not as used to being hit on and they're more likely to be flattered by it. You'll build up your confidence, and get laid in the process. You'll also get rejected in the process, and you'll learn how to deal with it.

You don't have to punch your own weight forever, but if you can't punch your own weight, you definitely can't take on the heavyweight champion of the world.

(Not that I'm into the heavyweights). :)

ENDelt260
badgirl says you're a loser.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:32 PM

Besides, we both know I'm training to be a cagefighter.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
badgirl says you're a loser.

She's just jealous because I type 65 wpm with my tongue.....

As for attraction of chics........I always found laughter to be the best antidote for buttons and victoria's secret elastic.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
It's so true.

Not that I recommend that technique exactly, but once you find the balls to go up to any woman and have a chat, you'll find you'll get a lot more positive responses. It's just like anything else. You are more likely to hit a home run in 500 at-bats than in one. You're more likely to get a great photo if you snap five rolls of one subject than one.

You gotta get the balls to just go give it a try. And then you gotta get over the rejection and walk up to the next one. Do it enough times, you're Wilt Chamberlin.
Agreed. The best "secret" I ever developed was to go up, start a conversation about something that was happening in the same room, then after 3 to 5 minutes say "great to meet you" and walk away. 25% of the time they'd come ask you out later, 25% of the time you could "accidentally" bump into them later and ask them out. Hell, I'd frequently have one of their friends come ask me out after I'd walked away.

The rest of the time I found out by chatting I wasn't interrested or figured I was playing out of my league. If you go in with no pressure on yourself other than to have a conversation it's easier to get the balls up.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Agreed. The best "secret" I ever developed was to go up, start a conversation about something that was happening in the same room, then after 3 to 5 minutes say "great to meet you" and walk away. 25% of the time they'd come ask you out later, 25% of the time you could "accidentally" bump into them later and ask them out. Hell, I'd frequently have one of their friends come ask me out after I'd walked away.

The rest of the time I found out by chatting I wasn't interrested or figured I was playing out of my league. If you go in with no pressure on yourself other than to have a conversation it's easier to get the balls up.

Yeah, that's a good technique, and perfect for bars. See a girl you like at the bar? Go get a drink. Stand next to her. Chat it up about anything that comes to mind. See what you think. Tell her it was nice to meet her and walk away.

Like you said -- they often come back looking for you later. Or you see them later and have a good reason to say hi and chat again (you already met). And if neither happens, you didn't lose anything but a few minutes at the bar -- and you got a drink, so even that was worth it. :)

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I can't wait until kcchiefsman weighs in on this subject. I'll take notes.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
I think the only surefire way to attract women is to be rich.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
I have a couple chat logs with a chick I met on plentyoffish.com...anyone want to "critique" them?

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:57 PM

Or look rich. I am by no means rich, but I do drive a decent looking car (which I lease), have a fairly nice apartment (which looks like a million bucks but doesn't really cost that much), and wear nice-looking clothes (which are Gap, but can easily pass for Prada or D&G, at least to most of Manhattan's college girls). :D

It seems to help.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 03:58 PM
I have a couple chat logs with a chick I met on plentyoffish.com...anyone want to "critique" them?

Sure!

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 03:59 PM
The part of my brain that controls the filter between my brain and my mouth says, "No Way!" However, the part of my brain that makes me look at car wrecks while checking for body parts in the road says, "HELL YES!"
:hmmm:

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
The part of my brain that controls the filter between my brain and my mouth says, "No Way!" However, the part of my brain that makes me look at car wrecks while checking for body parts in the road says, "HELL YES!"

Every part of me says "HELL YES!" But then, it's possible I was born without that filter you are referring to.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
http://www.planet-familyguy.com/characters/pics/quagmire_tn.jpg

Skip Towne
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Also, Gochiefs, getting women hasn't got much to do with instincts. It has a lot more to do with social skills that are learned by trial and error and watching what seems to work for others. I'm assuming you don't have a lot of friends to help you out with the latter. But a couple of years ago Austinchief offered to wingman for you to help you become more comfortable around women. I can't think of anyone more qualified to help you out than Austinchief. But, IIRC, you weren't interested in his help. You should have jumped on that opportunity and maybe you still could although it seems you've moved from that area since then. At any rate, if you know someone that does well with women it sure wouldn't hurt to tag along if possible. Something else you might try is to get a job as a bartender at a popular place near you. That is a built in reason to talk to lots of women. Everybody will talk to the bartender and it's his job to talk to the customers. I never loaded so many women in my life as when I bartended during my college years. Just an idea.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Very well....flame away.

I have some pics of her as well...I don't know why I bothered talking to her, she was clearly out of my league.

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/chat.htm

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Also, Gochiefs, getting women hasn't got much to do with instincts. It has a lot more to do with social skills that are learned by trial and error and watching what seems to work for others. I'm assuming you don't have a lot of friends to help you out with the latter. But a couple of years ago Austinchief offered to wingman for you to help you become more comfortable around women. I can't think of anyone more qualified to help you out than Austinchief. But, IIRC, you weren't interested in his help. You should have jumped on that opportunity and maybe you still could although it seems you've moved from that area since then. At any rate, if you know someone that does well with women it sure wouldn't hurt to tag along if possible. Something else you might try is to get a job as a bartender at a popular place near you. That is a built in reason to talk to lots of women. Everybody will talk to the bartender and it's his job to talk to the customers. I never loaded so many women in my life as when I bartended during my college years. Just an idea.

Or you could try hanging out at abortion clinics. I hear there are lots of loose girls there.

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Very well....flame away.

I have some pics of her as well...I don't know why I bothered talking to her, she was clearly out of my league.

Post the pics, beotch!

Brock
04-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Very well....flame away.

That was.....icky. The best advice you're ever going to get is "Get off the internet and into the real world".

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Post the pics, beotch!

As soon as everyone's read the chat log. :D

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:11 PM

I thought it was a tin-foil wrapped cucumber stuffed down the front of spandex pants....

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:15 PM

I thought it was a tin-foil wrapped cucumber stuffed down the front of spandex pants....

ROFL

jcroft
bfett81: my sister's friends all like rap
bfett81: they are all white too
bfett81: its highly annoying
GirlUsed: annoying
GirlUsed: awww
GirlUsed: how cute are we
bfett81: cute?
GirlUsed: or gay
GirlUsed: whatever
GirlUsed: :p

I'm not really sure what happened here, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't good for you.

jcroft
GirlUsed: do you have any pics by the way
bfett81: not right now, i have to get the digital camera back

Get some. Not having pictures of yourself when chatting online is like not having a baseball bat when you step up to the plate.

Simplex3
Post the pics, beotch!
Why, they aren't of the guy, er, "girl" he was chatting with...

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
You've never seen Spinal Tap have you?

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
As soon as everyone's read the chat log. :D
http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7677/drumfingers9gr.gif

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Still reading, but, I probably wouldn't have gone into this:

bfett81: my family all went up to missouri
bfett81: i decided not to join them
GirlUsed: you stayed home alone?
bfett81: well i dont really like dad's side of the family all that much
GirlUsed: oh
bfett81: their like strangers to me
bfett81: i hardly knew them growing up

It's a bit too "I want you to be my friend and console me," as opposed to, "I want to hump your brains out."

To your credit, you got off it pretty fast with the "bfett81: its not a big deal lol".

Count Alex's Losses
I'm not really sure what happened here, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't good for you.

Why? She didn't like rap.

4th and Long
Why, they aren't of the guy, er, "girl" he was chatting with...
:shrug:

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:18 PM
bfett81: jeez
bfett81: i LOVE redheads
GirlUsed: finally!
GirlUsed: its red now, i havent dyed it in forever
bfett81: redheads > brunettes > blondes

Don't get so excited. Tell them you think they look good, but don't overdo it. Saying, "OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO HOT I LOVE REDHEADS" makes you sound desperate (which you are, but don't let them know that). :D

Count Alex's Losses
Get some. Not having pictures of yourself when chatting online is like not having a baseball bat when you step up to the plate.

I have some now...this chat is from months ago.

Donger
Why? She didn't like rap.

May I offer some advice?

Some gals may not take too well to the euphemism, "Draining the lizard."

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:19 PM
bfett81: i think you look better with less makeup

That's kind of risky. I know you were trying to be nice, but you never know how they're going to react to something like that. I'd avoid it. Looks like it worked out okay for you i this case, though.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
bfett81: you have nice eyes
bfett81: *cough* cliche
GirlUsed: lol thanks

At least you know it was a cliche. I'd probably think of something else to say, even if you did really like her eyes.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
:shrug:
How many good looking young chicks are Internet dating AND don't have a schlong?

Best case scenario she probably has some pretty serious emotional issues, after all she is still living at home and making liquor runs FOR HER PARENTS...

Of course we are talking about goatcheese here...

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:22 PM
bfett81: do you have gmail?
GirlUsed: no
GirlUsed: and hey im allison
bfett81: its a google email account with a gigabyte of storage
bfett81: and hey im clay
GirlUsed: :-)
bfett81: you can only get one through invite
bfett81: so if you want one just say so
GirlUsed: i dont even know what a gigabyte is
GirlUsed: im pretty computer stupid
bfett81: one thousand megabytes
bfett81: its searchable too, so you can find old emails
bfett81: basically you never have to delete anything

And you thought the orchestral soundtracks were a nerd alert? Stay off of the gmail talk, man. It's not very much of an aphrodisiac.

Also, get the introductions out of the way a long time before this point.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:23 PM
bfett81: draining the lizard

Oh man. You are hopeless. :)

Say this to your wife after 30 years of marriage, not to a girl you're trying to pick up on!

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
And you thought the orchestral soundtracks were a nerd alert? Stay off of the gmail talk, man. It's not very much of an aphrodisiac.

Also, get the introductions out of the way a long time before this point.

If she's not interested in me because of those things, I didn't need her shallow ass anyway.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
One thing I noticed in the chat was you were acting too eager. Help with this, compliment that, help with something else...

She's already established you don't have a life if you're available all the time to some stranger. Now, some girls are Ok with that but those are the type that want to run your life and they're the worst kind IMO.

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
jcroft, with your in depth analysis at it's current pace, one of the Mods is going to change your user name to Dr. Phil. You were warned. :D

Brock
04-27-2005, 04:26 PM
If she's not interested in me because of those things, I didn't need her shallow ass anyway.

ROFL Yeah, you're just waiting for the RIGHT ONE. ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
Oh man. You are hopeless. :)

Say this to your wife after 30 years of marriage, not to a girl you're trying to pick up on!

Now I have to tiptoe around the american vernacular? I thought I was supposed to have some balls.

jcroft
bfett81: im not much for wine or beer

I'm also not much for wine or beer. But, I wouldn't tell them that if you don't have to. Some (stupid) girls will take this to mean you aren't sophisticated (wine) or manly (beer). Find a few cocktails you like that aren't too girly for when you meet in person. As someone who seems to make a habit of being mistaken for gay, I can assure you that people make judgments based on what you are drinking (it's stupid, but they do it).

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 04:27 PM
gochiefs is definitely no "bloodninja"

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:28 PM

ROFL

Donger
04-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Now I have to tiptoe around the american vernacular? I thought I was supposed to have some balls.

Another hint: she's not a guy, you putz. Most females don't like to be spoken to as if they were one of your guy friends.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:29 PM
ROFL Yeah, you're just waiting for the RIGHT ONE. ROFL

I gotta be me.

4th and Long
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Simplex3
That sounds all swell and good but you have to decide what your core beliefs are and be ready to comprimise the rest.

I'm not the same man I was when my wife and I met. I do things differently. I work more, I'm more focused, etc. I would happily space off for a week or more before we got together. However, I wasn't dead set that I would space off, it wasn't a core value. So I comprimised that out of my life.

Also, your nerd-dom isn't a core value. I NEVER speak to my wife about the details of my work. She couldn't care less. It isn't who I am anyway, no more than gmail is who you are.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 04:30 PM
"I gotta be me"

In that case dude..........you need to just find yourself some Half ton Home Bound (Gilbert Grape's mother) and pretend she's Jabba the Hutt.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Okay here is my advice,

I'm not the best at picking chicks up, kinda of on the shy side, but when I do chicks love me. Be nice, compliant them on everything, be a man that is the most important thing. Tell them the cool stuff about you, not geeky stuff. Also about the money thing, I will admit my family is fairly well off which, we are not wealthy but we live very comfortable, is something I try to avoid at all costs around girls. One I want them to like me cause of who I am and not because what we have.

Also a big thing is the apartment/pad/house this is the big key. If you are a college age guy, the beer posters and playboy pictures are fine for a dorm room but if you live off campus dont put that stuff up. Make your living area look like a man's place and not a kids. Get some art work for the walls and fake plants, mirrors look cool. Trust me, chicks dig my place.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Okay, overall, you're not so bad, Mr. Gochiefs. The most important thing I can say is avoid that nerd talk. Some girls like nerdy guys. But that doesn't mean they want to talk about digital cameras and gmail. It means they think it's cute if you have glasses and are kind of skinny. If a girl really is a geek herself, you'll figure it out and you can talk about gmail to your little heart's content. Until then, just stop it. :)

Also, I'd probably avoid telling drunken stories right away -- although this girl didn't seem to mind it.

The other big thing here is that, while it wasn't really a BAD conversation, you didn't seem that interested in getting to know her. I think you ought to be asking more questions about her. Where's she from? What's her family like? What kind of music does she like (you kind of got into this a little bit)? What does she like to do for fun? Where does she work? Etc. Girls, in general, love to have a guy really talk to her and seem interested in getting to know more about her.

And don't forget to ask if she does anal.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:32 PM
That sounds all swell and good but you have to decide what your core beliefs are and be ready to comprimise the rest.

I'm not the same man I was when my wife and I met. I do things differently. I work more, I'm more focused, etc. I would happily space off for a week or more before we got together. However, I wasn't dead set that I would space off, it wasn't a core value. So I comprimised that out of my life.

Also, your nerd-dom isn't a core value. I NEVER speak to my wife about the details of my work. She couldn't care less. It isn't who I am anyway, no more than gmail is who you are.

Those things aren't part of my "core values" either. That's all the more reason she shouldn't have a problem with them. If she does.... :shake:

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 04:33 PM
as much as you talk about Anal, its no wonder people think you're gay.

between that, and the Abercrombie Turtleneck...you just might be.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:34 PM

I understand the attitude, but my point is this: girls don't want to TALK about it. It's not bad that you're interested in it, but she's probably not. You've got to find things to talk about that she is interested in, or you're bore her.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh another thing, if you have a girl that is really good friend have her help you shop for clothes. Girls pick out stuff they like for you, and you get to reap the rewards.

Brock
04-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Those things aren't part of my "core values" either. That's all the more reason she shouldn't have a problem with them. If she does.... :shake:

Poor thing. If she'd only take the time to get to know the real Boba. ROFL

Simplex3
Be nice, compliant them on everything...

...Get some art work for the walls and fake plants, mirrors look cool. Trust me, chicks dig my place.
1. I always found the more I complimented them the more they wanted to introduce me to their fat, ugly friend.

2. Don't show them that mirror on the ceiling above your bed. Let them find it themselves.

3. Fake plants are a guy's best friend. If you can keep real ones alive that's even more impressive, but I never could.

jcroft

You've got to feel a girl out before you know if you can say stuff like that around her. It's not good first-date or first-chat material. Some girls will find it offensive or simply stupid. Others won't mind. Find out which she is before you start saying stuff like that. Most, I think, will feel that it makes you sound immature.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Okay, overall, you're not so bad, Mr. Gochiefs. The most important thing I can say is avoid that nerd talk. Some girls like nerdy guys. But that doesn't mean they want to talk about digital cameras and gmail. It means they think it's cute if you have glasses and are kind of skinny. If a girl really is a geek herself, you'll figure it out and you can talk about gmail to your little heart's content. Until then, just stop it. :)

Also, I'd probably avoid telling drunken stories right away -- although this girl didn't seem to mind it.

The other big thing here is that, while it wasn't really a BAD conversation, you didn't seem that interested in getting to know her. I think you ought to be asking more questions about her. Where's she from? What's her family like? What kind of music does she like (you kind of got into this a little bit)? What does she like to do for fun? Where does she work? Etc. Girls, in general, love to have a guy really talk to her and seem interested in getting to know more about her.

And don't forget to ask if she does anal.

Thanks for the pointers. I'll add that I haven't spoken to Ms. Girlused since this encounter.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Also a big thing is the apartment/pad/house this is the big key. If you are a college age guy, the beer posters and playboy pictures are fine for a dorm room but if you live off campus dont put that stuff up. Make your living area look like a man's place and not a kids. Get some art work for the walls and fake plants, mirrors look cool. Trust me, chicks dig my place.

I agree with this 100%. As a non-college guy (I'm 28) who regularly picks on on college girls (hey, I live in Manhattan), I can assure you that they love this kind of thing.

However -- get real plants, dude! Damn! :)

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM
as much as you talk about Anal, its no wonder people think you're gay.

between that, and the Abercrombie Turtleneck...you just might be.

I have neither a single piece of Abercrombie gear nor a single turtleneck in my wardrobe. :)

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM
However -- get real plants, dude! Damn! :)

If I had real ones they would be dead.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:40 PM
I agree with this 100%. As a non-college guy (I'm 28) who regularly picks on on college girls (hey, I live in Manhattan), I can assure you that they love this kind of thing.

You invite college girls back to your place? ROFL

jcroft
1. I always found the more I complimented them the more they wanted to introduce me to their fat, ugly friend.

2. Don't show them that mirror on the ceiling above your bed. Let them find it themselves.

3. Fake plants are a guy's best friend. If you can keep real ones alive that's even more impressive, but I never could.

1. You can definitely overdo it. You gotta be complimentary, but you can't sound too eager or desperate. Just be nice. Nice is good.

2. Haha.

3. C'mon, man! Real plants! Fake plants are for fat white hetero slobs that hang out on football sites!

Oh wait...

Simplex3
My wife was an auditor for John Deere when we met. Had she spent our first date talking about accounting there wouldn't have been a second date. Even today as much as I love her I'd stand up and walk out of the room if she started discussing the benefits of accrual vs. cash based accounting.

Choose to talk to her about things that make you who you are. If she asks if you're into computers say "yes" and move on. If she wants to hear more she'll ask.

Chicks aren't your guy friends. If you want a guy to know something about you you'd better damn well tell him because he won't ask. Chicks will ask you whatever they actually want to know.

Donger
Thanks for the pointers. I'll add that I haven't spoken to Ms. Girlused since this encounter. Who knows WTF happened but she was on once and I said hi, after which I have not heard from her since. So far no one else has dropped me a line at plentyoffish.com. :shrug:

Here are her pics. She's quite a looker:

Did the conversation stop after you sent your pictures?

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:42 PM

Sure, why not? Why is that funny?

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Simplex is right. If you treat a girl like one of your guy friends, the best you can hope for is that she'll end up being one of your guy friends (only without a penis). Usually, you won't even get that lucky.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Did the conversation stop after you sent your pictures?

We only had that one conversation. I never heard from her again, apart from the "hi" encounter a week later or so.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Sure, why not? Why is that funny?

You're...married.

"Hey honey! Here are the girls from Alpha Pi Beta! They just stopped in for some tea and gangbang!

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:46 PM
You're...married.

"Hey honey! Here are the girls from Alpha Pi Beta! They just stopped in for some tea and gangbang!

I'm not married, doofus. :)

I was, but I'm divorced.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Wow! What a coincidence. I'm "Girlused."

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 04:47 PM
My point exactly.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm curious:

How many Planeteers have added "GirlUsed" to their AIM Buddy List? :D

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm not married, doofus. :)

I was, but I'm divorced.

That must be nice then...how often do you trawl the local waters for college girls?

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm curious:

She's never on, and I know she didn't block me.

What does everyone think of the pics? I was surprised to find someone so hot online.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:56 PM
That must be nice then...how often do you trawl the local waters for college girls?

Heh. I'm a bit of a party guy, I guess. I usually go out to the bars three or four times per week (Thurs., Fri., Sat. for sure, sometimes Wed.).

jcroft
04-27-2005, 04:57 PM

What does everyone think of the pics? I was surprised to find someone so hot online.

I'd hit it (but I would check it's ID first).

tk13
04-27-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm curious:

ROFL ROFL

I did no such thing! I just wanted to see if she was online and what her profile said. I promise.

Donger
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM

Moderately attractive, although certainly proud of her wild side. If it ever comes to it, wear a condom.

On your d*ck. Before, not after.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM

Why haven't you spoken to me since you got drunk with your parents in the hot tub? I CAN'T LIVE IF LIVIN' IS WITHOUT YOUUUUUUUUU!

jcroft
04-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Why haven't you spoken to me since you got drunk with your parents in the hot tub? I CAN'T LIVE IF LIVIN' IS WITHOUT YOUUUUUUUUU!

Here's a tip: song quotes are usually not your friend.

Unless maybe it's Ice Cube saying, "life ain't nothing but bitches and money."

tk13

Dude, don't listen to all these antiquated closed-minded 18th century morons on here, this is the 2000's... everybody uses the internet, even "hot chicks".

Simplex3
She only f**ks guys who share 50% of her genetic material?

keg in kc
04-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Who needs signs. All chicks want me.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Who needs signs. All chicks want me to leave them alone.
Fixed that for you.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
If it ever comes to it

It won't. I've filed her under "Internet Experience No. 657890292."

keg in kc
04-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Fixed that for you.Why would they want something they already have?

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:05 PM
4th and Long hasn't posted in awhile. I bet he's working on a photoshop.

Simplex3
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM
After some research I found a pic of GirlUsed. It seems the pics she sent goatcheese were from a high school girl's Internet blog.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM
By the way, gochiefs...

I don't have a problem with chatting online and meeting people that way at all (I've done it before), but you really probably ought to try getting out there in real life, too. I think you'll have better luck, and you'll also learn more about social interaction.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
By the way, gochiefs...

I don't have a problem with chatting online and meeting people that way at all (I've done it before), but you really probably ought to try getting out there in real life, too. I think you'll have better luck, and you'll also learn more about social interaction.

I did go to college for 3 years, dude. :)

I wasn't really looking to meet anyone online all that bad. My friend signed me up for this site and this chick found me....not the other way around.

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
By the way, gochiefs...

Here's a good way to meet peeps.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cas/70360499.html

Skip Towne
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM

I thought she looked like a gopher.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:18 PM
I thought she looked like a gopher.

So you'd hit it? Thanks. :)

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:23 PM

Thats how I started, She was a bit younger (31) and I was 19, but this really helped my confidence, I was pretty shy when it comes to women, (I still am)...

I really cant approach someone I like at a Bar unless I'v had a couple of drinks, mostly when I go out (westport, downtown) I love to dance and usually get pretty freaky (around my 6/8 Rum/coke) and for some reason its usually the older chicks that dig me... (Im only 23 so I guess old is relative)...

But I guess what Im trying to say is that older chicks with experiance have always been my #1 choice... they just seem to know so much, (and you learn a lot)... I'm a good learner... (try to be at least...)

By the way.... Greatest thread eva...

jcroft
04-27-2005, 05:23 PM
I did go to college for 3 years, dude. :)

I wasn't really looking to meet anyone online all that bad. My friend signed me up for this site and this chick found me....not the other way around.

You really didn't address what I said at all. I don't care that you were on this site, I think that's fine. I'm saying that you should get out to bars, clubs, or whatever suits you as another means of meeting girls, too. Are you doing that?

mcan
04-27-2005, 05:25 PM
All this from the guy that never hit the chick in his LAST avatar...

Nope, the problem there was that I hit TOO much. I didn't apply anything, I just went full out... She didn't turn me down, because she still wants to be friends, but that's all she wants. So, she took it all as a big joke to make herself feel more comfortable. I decided to try this approach right around the time that I took her down as my avatar. I've only spoken to her once since then, and I've already toned it down quite a bit.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:25 PM
You really didn't address what I said at all. I don't care that you were on this site, I think that's fine. I'm saying that you should get out to bars, clubs, or whatever suits you as another means of meeting girls, too. Are you doing that?

No. Like I said, I didn't even sign up for the site...I'm not really making any effort to pursue the opposite sex in any manner or venue. And I'm fine with that, for now.

Donger
04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Are you doing that?

ROFL

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
No. Like I said, I didn't even sign up for the site...I'm not really making any effort to pursue the opposite sex in any manner or venue. And I'm fine with that, for now.

Man, but you need to get out, even if the opposite sex isnt your goal... take some friends out and have a good time...

badgirl
04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
since this seems to be the happening spot, wanted you guys to know I posted some pics of some pretty hot women over on the other thread.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Man, but you need to get out, even if the opposite sex isnt your goal... take some friends out and have a good time...

I have no friends.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
since this seems to be the happening spot, wanted you guys to know I posted some pics of some pretty hot women over on the other thread.

What do you think of my ex, badgirl?

badgirl
04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
What do you think of my ex, badgirl?
I said Hot women, not imaginary women.

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
I have no friends.

BS... Im sure you have Star War friends, from school, college.... Im sure you can find someone (1 or 2 people to hang out with)...

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:30 PM

Badgirl/granny would hang out with you go chiefs... if stumpy approves...

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:31 PM

She's real, I posted ze pics. She's not REALLY my ex, that was a joke. :rolleyes:

chiefs4me
I just figure the girl's mentally deficient. Clearly she didn't recognize the god among men standing before her.

:rolleyes:

Count Alex's Losses
BS... Im sure you have Star War friends, from school, college.... Im sure you can find someone (1 or 2 people to hang out with)...

Not since I moved.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Badgirl/granny would hang out with you go chiefs... if stumpy approves...
sure would, I love talking to guys, always have.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 05:32 PM
She's real, I posted ze pics. She's not REALLY my ex, that was a joke. :rolleyes:
where? :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:34 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40870

carlos3652
Not since I moved.

Where did you move to?

Count Alex's Losses
Where did you move to?

From Dallas to Houston.

Bwana

He is right GC, you are not going to get youself any stray talking to us on a football site. On the other hand I must admit, there was some quality advise giving out to you on the house, you should take it.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
He is right GC, you are not going to get youself any stray talking to us on a football site. .

I'm not really interested in getting any right now. I just thought it would be interesting to see what people thought of my little chat.

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:36 PM
From Dallas to Houston.

Roadtrip bro...

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:40 PM

Where did you post your pics BG?

jcroft
04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm not really interested in getting any right now. I just thought it would be interesting to see what people thought of my little chat.

Usually the time you find the best girls is when you aren't looking...

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 05:44 PM

That goes against the eye-contact rule.

badgirl
04-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Where did you post your pics BG?
over on the sick or funny thread I started in the Lounge.

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:45 PM

The wierd thing back in High School and in College was that if you were commited (GF), tons of girls would be interested, (grass is greener on the other side type scenario) but once you were single again... it was harder than ever to pick up a date...

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:46 PM
over on the sick or funny thread I started in the Lounge.

Was that the bungee pick of the fat man... are there other pics?

badgirl

yea the best kind the ones that grab you by the hair and drag you to their "cave" and ties you up.....oh wait, I'm getting carried away and I have 3 more hours of work

badgirl
yea I posted them later either on the last page or the one before it.

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 05:47 PM
They are NOT pictures of her. Wake up and smell the coffee.

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:49 PM

Like any girl would actually post their pic on a football thread... duh...

Although it doesnt hurt to ask... lol

I do like your sigs though 4th...

Rain Man
The wierd thing back in High School and in College was that if you were commited (GF), tons of girls would be interested, (grass is greener on the other side type scenario) but once you were single again... it was harder than ever to pick up a date...

My theory is that the body puts out different pheromones when attached versus when single. Women are put off by the "I can't get a girl" pheromone, and they're drawn by the "I'm a virile woman holder" pheromone.

carlos3652
Back when you had your sweet chicks... i miss that one

badgirl
04-27-2005, 05:50 PM
well no Duh, they are of different women. :p

carlos3652
04-27-2005, 05:51 PM
My theory is that the body puts out different pheromones when attached versus when single. Women are put off by the "I can't get a girl" pheromone, and they're drawn by the "I'm a virile woman holder" pheromone.

Your wisdom is far beyond my years... Time to f;n mow my lawn, neighbors been complaining for days... bastards - owning a house sucks when the home owners association lives next to you...

jcroft
04-27-2005, 05:57 PM

ROFL

andoman
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
GirlUsed: sorry im gay when ive been drinking

Now we know the rest of the story.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
GirlUsed: sorry im gay when ive been drinking

Now we the rest of the story.

ROFL

ENDelt260
04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
What's he supposed to do? F*ck 'em in the back of the bar?

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2005, 07:17 PM

No, but I was under the impression he was married.

angel
04-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Here's what...

"She knows she hot." And often that's true. But even more often, they'll know it, but not truely believe it. The logical way to combat that, is to tell them that they are beautiful (the truth), and men tend to solve thier problems with logic. (even though it might be flawed logic most of the time). So, that's what guys do. They find a girl who they think is hot, and they compliment them. But it backfires nearly every time. That's because while they know that that they are hot, they don't believe it. They will think that:

1. You're lying to them.

I just had to put all of this together into one post. Most of the time, I tune out when Matt goes on one of his many theories, but this one is pretty good. This comes from many a conversation that I have had with him over the years. Matt believes that I fall into the 7/5 category. This is because I hate it when guys come up to me and the first things out of their mouths are about my looks. And so the birth of Matt's theory (above).

My other roommate asked me how he's supposed to start a conversation with a woman he's attracted to without mentioning her looks. For me, I would like a guy to have a conversation with me without once mentioning anything about my looks-- this way, I believe he's actually interested in me, not my appearance. I find that way more enticing than someone who says he thinks I'm hot.

Needless to say, I suck at attracting men because of my 7/5 personality/looks.
This is a fun thread though.

Iowanian
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
I have neither a single piece of Abercrombie gear nor a single turtleneck in my wardrobe. :)

He denies the Abercrombie. He denies the turtleneck.

He fails to deny taking the Man-banana in the stove pipe.

Interesting.

jcroft
04-27-2005, 07:34 PM
He denies the Abercrombie. He denies the turtleneck.

He fails to deny taking the Man-banana in the stove pipe.

Interesting.

ROFL

You were implying that the Abercrombie and turtleneck proved I was gay. By that rationale, I figured that not having any Abercrombie or turtlenecks would prove I wasn't. Bad logic?

jcroft
04-27-2005, 07:35 PM

That's always a decent option, you know. What else are public restrooms good for?

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Killer......just because a man wears Abercrombie does not mean he's gay? What freaking century do you live in?

jcroft
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Killer......just because a man wears Abercrombie does not mean he's gay? What freaking century do you live in?

But I DON'T wear Abercrombie!!!

(Admittedly, this is only because there isn't one anywhere near Manahttan. But still.)

badgirl
04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
:LOL:

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 07:40 PM
But I DON'T wear Abercrombie!!!

(Admittedly, this is only because there isn't one anywhere near Manahttan. But still.)

to bad...they have some really nice cool looking shirts.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Whats wrong with Abercrombie? Not a thing. I'm not gay and I wear Abercrombie. Hell, I even have a pink shirt. And girls love it.