PDA

View Full Version : According to Joe Montana

Stinger
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
The Chiefs fans are the best he played in front of, or in any of the stadiums or Superbowls he played in. (Paraphrased quote) from the Dan Patrick show. Praised Marty and the Chiefs fans. Neat 2-4 minute segment.

If you have this coming up on an ESPN affiliate later it is on the last 15 minutes of the second hour.

Frankie
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Maybe he should go into the HF as a Chief.
Ooops!... Too late!

KChiefs1
04-27-2005, 01:01 PM
nice props for KC & Arrowhead by the best QB that ever lived!

Frankie
04-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Arguably.

tyton75
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Thats awesome of him to say that though... especially since we pride ourselves on being the best fans in the league

Carl be damned!

dtebbe
04-27-2005, 02:25 PM

You fool, that title belongs to Jake Plummer.

DT

KCTitus
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Ahh..the glory days. Back when KC was winning playoff games...

That's pretty cool of him to say that.

Sure-Oz
04-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Ahh the glory days when we actually made the playoffs as well and had defense....

Brock
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Ahh..the glory days. Back when KC was winning playoff games...

That's pretty cool of him to say that.

Yes, the glory days. Both of them. :)

vailpass
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM

Did Elway say something nice about the Chiefs?

big nasty kcnut
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Vail no he said that he was kansas city bitch and he knew it.

Radar Chief
04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Did Elway say something nice about the Chiefs?

:spock: Who?

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2005, 03:19 PM
**** you Joe Montana. You should have stayed in 1995, bitch.

Otter
04-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Arguably.

Blashphamy!!! I'm calling imigration.

vailpass
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Vail no he said that he was kansas city bitch and he knew it.
:dom:
Just be glad you don't have to deal with The Duke anymore....

ROFL

beer bacon
04-27-2005, 03:48 PM
This is a board about the Kansas City Chiefs, not the Denver Broncos. Every thread involving a quarterback does need to end up being about Elway.

Chest Rockwell
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
This is a board about the Kansas City Chiefs, not the Denver Broncos. Every thread involving a quarterback does need to end up being about Elway.

Agreed...Nice props from Montana.

Wonder what Ron Mexico thinks of Arrowhead? He must've liked it, he took about half of it home with him in his facemask, on the back of his jersey...

beer bacon
04-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Agreed...Nice props from Montana.

Wonder what Ron Mexico thinks of Arrowhead? He must've liked it, he took about half of it home with him in his facemask, on the back of his jersey...

He probably pisses his pants everytime he thinks about his last game there.

Nzoner
04-27-2005, 03:51 PM

ROFL

Yeah he was real clutch that October evening in 1994 when Montana took his ass to school on Monday Night Football.

Chest Rockwell
04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
He probably pisses his pants everytime he thinks about his last game there.

You know what I just though of?

He spent so much time with Jared Allen on top of him...wonder if he gave HIM the herp too?

vailpass
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM

No but every thread about the greatest QB of all time is, by definition, about Elway.
Luv ya' Beer Bacon ROFL

beer bacon
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah he was real clutch that October evening in 1994 when Montana took his ass to school on Monday Night Football.

Clutch:

1990 Superbowl

San Francisco 49ers 55, Denver Broncos 10 at New Orleans, LA

Nzoner
04-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Clutch:

1990 Superbowl

I was gonna refer to that as well but seeing that Montana was a Chief on that Monday night game......

vailpass
04-27-2005, 03:57 PM

No one took Elway to school. That game was a battle between two QB legends where nobody won time just ran out.

Put Elway on the Niners teams that Montana had and he wins 7 rings.
Put Montana on the teams Elway had and little Joe never sees a Superbowl, he ends his career early due to injury.
Elway kicks Montana's ass in a street fight, Elway is much richer, and Elway never whored himself out to a mediocre team after his best years were behind him for a few more bucks.

beer bacon
04-27-2005, 03:59 PM
No one took Elway to school. That game was a battle between two QB legends where nobody won time just ran out.

Put Montana on the teams Elway had and little Joe never sees a Superbowl, he ends his career early due to injury.
Elway kicks Montana's ass in a street fight, Elway is much richer, and Elway never whored himself out to a mediocre team after his best years were behind him for a few more bucks.

Who wins: eleven Elways or eleven mini-Ditkas?

vailpass
04-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Clutch:

1990 Superbowl

That wasn't Montana that was Rice, the Niner defense, the Niner running game, etc.
The only reason the Broncos were there was because big John put him on his back and carried him. No running game, no receivers, just John.
By the way, why are you coming at me with Niner glory? Where are your KC victories to refute Elway's greatness? :p

vailpass
04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Who wins: eleven Elways or eleven mini-Ditkas?

Uh, is that at Soldier?
Okay, eleven mini-Ditkas.
How about God vs. Ditka in a golf match?

Nzoner
04-27-2005, 04:01 PM

Denver didn't win shit until they added two former Chiefs,Smith & Traylor :D

HemiEd
04-27-2005, 04:01 PM
No but every thread about the greatest QB of all time is, by definition, about Elway.

Bullllllllllllllshit!

vailpass
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Bullllllllllllllshit!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hi Ed,
Ya caught me.
I'll go back to the mountains now.
Peace
:p

vailpass
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Denver didn't win shit until they added two former Chiefs,Smith & Traylor :D
:hmmm: Ya know, you're right.
Shit.

HemiEd
04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hi Ed,
Ya caught me.
I'll go back to the mountains now.
Peace
:p

ROFL Back at you! :D

mcan
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM

You're right, Elway went DIRECTLY to whoring after being drafted by the Colts... Montana didn't start whoring until he was in his 30s.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 05:10 PM
That wasn't Montana that was Rice, the Niner defense, the Niner running game, etc.
The only reason the Broncos were there was because big John put him on his back and carried him. No running game, no receivers, just John.
By the way, why are you coming at me with Niner glory? Where are your KC victories to refute Elway's greatness? :p

I'll bet that wasn't the first time Elway had men on his back.

Count Zarth
04-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Montana didn't have Rice, Craig, Taylor or half a dozen other superstars on his FIRST Super Bowl winning team.

The argument that Joe couldn't have won a Super Bowl with Elway's teams is BULLSHIT.

Steve Young took over Montana's team and it took him 3-4 years before he could win a Super Bowl.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 05:12 PM

Put Elway on Montana's team and he would've had the career stats of Bill Munson.

Actually, though, it never would've happened because Elway would've held out and tried to force a trade by corrupting the draft process.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 05:14 PM
The other thing to consider is that Montana was a huge success for every team he played for. Elway was a dismal failure for half of the teams he was affiliated with.

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Oh, and another key point to consider. I hate Elway.

Count Zarth
04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Rain Man, you're coming up on the big 30K, buddy. Any plans?

Rain Man
04-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Ooh. Good point. I should have a little party or something.

Frankie
04-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Blashphamy!!! I'm calling imigration.

ROFL

ROYC75
04-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Plus Montana wasn't involved with other players and front office in salary cap violations.

Elway, TD,Sharpe,and other players ,oh and Denver *

whoman69
04-27-2005, 06:09 PM

You are truly smoking dope. So what years did the Niners not win the SB that Elway would have made a difference in? None, and they probably would have lost those close games to Cincy.

And that mediocre team you speak of went to the AFC championship game.

Frazod
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM

Montana didn't owe his success to thin air and cheating, you bitter little douche. 4321

No post in the history of this BB ever cried out for neg rep so much as this one.

BigRedChief
04-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Montana is the best QB of all time. Period.

NJ Chief Fan
04-27-2005, 10:20 PM
best qbs in last 20 years
1 joe montana
2 dan marino
3 elway the cock suckin coors drinkin fag

digi2fish
04-27-2005, 10:26 PM

now we mentioned this classic game again. :)
any one have the video to share.....?

BTW, WAY TO GO, JOE !!!!

chappy
04-27-2005, 10:29 PM
montana is so much better

Frankie
04-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Montana didn't owe his success to thin air and cheating, you bitter little douche. 4321

No post in the history of this BB ever cried out for neg rep so much as this one.

Well? Did you neg rep him? Did ya? huh? Did ya?:p

RedNFeisty
04-28-2005, 07:35 AM
I love Joe; I followed him to the Chiefs. He is correct; I have never seen a stadium pump the adrenaline like Arrowhead does.

Nzoner
04-28-2005, 07:57 AM
now we mentioned this classic game again. :)
any one have the video to share.....?

BTW, WAY TO GO, JOE !!!!

I had 5 copies made of this game,which now belong to various planeteers,the last whom I can't remember now promised to burn me a copy to DVD over 6 months ago.

BigRedChief
04-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I had 5 copies made of this game,which now belong to various planeteers,the last whom I can't remember now promised to burn me a copy to DVD over 6 months ago.

One of my top tier highlights all time as a Chiefs fan. Montanta outdueling Elway on MNF in Denver. It just doesn't get better than that!:clap:

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Montana wasn't much. He was only a third round draft choice. Hell, we've got punters that good.

ChiefsFanatic
04-28-2005, 08:21 AM

ROFL

I always thought he was as gay as John Wayne. Something about the way his teeth were bucked. I heard an expert on TLC say that teeth get that way from sucking on something, and now I guess we know what it was.

Nzoner
04-28-2005, 08:26 AM
One of my top tier highlights all time as a Chiefs fan. Montanta outdueling Elway on MNF in Denver. It just doesn't get better than that!:clap:

I had the opportunity to go to that game with a group called Chief's Travel(2 busloads of Chief's fans) and damn what a trip that was.

Good times.

Crush
04-28-2005, 08:54 AM
http://www.kskssports.com/ksks_sports/sports_illustrated/1990s/images/si9032.jpeg

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 08:56 AM
http://www.kskssports.com/ksks_sports/sports_illustrated/1990s/images/si9032.jpeg

When I give my heart it will be completely
Or Iíll never give my heart
And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you.