Author: Subject: I'll be back on air next Monday
bigsexy

Gamer

Posts 466
Registered 6-19-2003

Mood:
posted on 4-25-2005 at 08:50 AM

I'll be back on air next Monday

I've enjoyed my time off, but it's now time to get back to work.

I've signed a confidentiality agreement with the station, so I'm not at liberty to discuss all of the details.

keg in kc
04-27-2005, 06:07 PM
This is what I get for thinking "man, radio at 2pm couldn't get much worse than it was today".

morphius
04-27-2005, 06:09 PM
This is what I get for thinking "man, radio at 2pm couldn't get much worse than it was today".
As usual, its all KEG's fault.

KingPriest2
04-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Correction he will be back on Monday but I doubt it is 610

KCWolfman
04-27-2005, 06:31 PM
I'll be back on air next Monday

I've enjoyed my time off, but it's now time to get back to work.

I've signed a confidentiality agreement with the station, so I'm not at liberty to discuss all of the details.
Translation: They are threatening to sue for breach so I have to kiss major a$$

morphius
04-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Correction he will be back on Monday but I doubt it is 610
He doesn't have a choice, unless 610 releases the rights to him, which I believe they have for a good amount of time, like another 3-4 months or something.

dave0320
04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Is this true? Who won? If true it sucks!

HemiEd
04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Translation: They are threatening to sue for breach so I have to kiss major a$$

I think you are probably right on target with that! ROFL

whoman69
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
And he didn't post it here? What's up Big Sexy?

eazyb81
04-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Cool, I hope he is on 610 again.

Looks like I am in the extreme minority in that I actually like Whitlock. :shrug:

Fire Me Boy!
04-27-2005, 07:58 PM
He doesn't have a choice, unless 610 releases the rights to him, which I believe they have for a good amount of time, like another 3-4 months or something.
I thought they had him contracted through June of 2006, not this year, but another YEAR and 3-4 months... IIRC.

Bowser
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Gates BBQ ain't cheap, man. Of course he's coming back.

DRAH-MAH!!

patteeu
04-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Cool, I hope he is on 610 again.

Looks like I am in the extreme minority in that I actually like Whitlock. :shrug:

I'm in that minority with you. I thought Whitlock and Maas were a big improvement over Keitzman in the afternoon drive slot, but I like Neil Jones and Whitlock even more. I do like Maas too, but I think Jones and Whitlock work better together. I hope this is true.

Mecca
04-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Anything is better than Kevin Keitzman. Is there a real reason why he and Danny Klingscale have such a dire hatred for the Chiefs? Hell for that matter it sems as though most of 810 has this hatred aside from Soren Petro.

The very anti-chief anti-football stuff that spews from 810 is highly annoying to me. We come off one of the best weekends I can ever remember in a Chiefs offseason and whats KK doing? Bitching about Carl as always.

But then again this is the station that treats the Royals as the kings and the Chiefs as nothing. Something about that makes me laugh when the Chiefs are clearly the more important team around these parts.

Bowser
04-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Anything is better than Kevin Keitzman. Is there a real reason why he and Danny Klingscale have such a dire hatred for the Chiefs? Hell for that matter it sems as though most of 810 has this hatred aside from Soren Petro.

The very anti-chief anti-football stuff that spews from 810 is highly annoying to me. We come off one of the best weekends I can ever remember in a Chiefs offseason and whats KK doing? Bitching about Carl as always.

But then again this is the station that treats the Royals as the kings and the Chiefs as nothing. Something about that makes me laugh when the Chiefs are clearly the more important team around these parts.

Kevin and Carl have had a few run ins over the years. To me, Kevin just seems like a little whiny kid when he bitches about the Chiefs, and it gets old. Plus, they have to fluff up the Royals, being the flagship station and all.

redhed
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Gates BBQ ain't cheap, man. Of course he's coming back.

DRAH-MAH!!

:clap:
ROFL
/for the drah-mah

T-post Tom
04-27-2005, 10:25 PM

KK spent the last 3 days bashing the Royals, and calling for Pena's head. He said that the Royals hoodwinked the station when they agreed on the broadcast rights of the Royals. He also said that if it were up to him, he wouldn't renew the contract. Hardly the treatment you'd expect for "kings."

morphius
04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
I thought they had him contracted through June of 2006, not this year, but another YEAR and 3-4 months... IIRC.
You could well be right, either way it is still to early for him to go anywhere else.

morphius
04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
KK spent the last 3 days bashing the Royals, and calling for Pena's head. He said that the Royals hoodwinked the station when they agreed on the broadcast rights of the Royals. He also said that if it were up to him, he wouldn't renew the contract. Hardly the treatment you'd expect for "kings."
I do get great satisfaction in how they had to really over pay to get them and they have sucked ever since. After their big party celebrating getting the contract, and then having to fight with their co-owners who they didn't tell them about the deal needing to use their FM sister station to play games.

Ninjaman
04-27-2005, 11:14 PM
kcforums.net

What the hell is that place. You have to register to even read the board.

I am not doing that!

Mecca
04-28-2005, 12:29 AM

Alright you got me with that I'm not a frequent listener of that program these days so I missed all of that. Usually if I flip it on and I hear them talking about the royals or golf or nascar I tend to turn it pretty quickly.
So I was just going on what I'm accustomed to from KK in the past.

grandllama
04-28-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm in that minority with you. I thought Whitlock and Maas were a big improvement over Keitzman in the afternoon drive slot, but I like Neil Jones and Whitlock even more. I do like Maas too, but I think Jones and Whitlock work better together. I hope this is true.

I'm there with ya, I don't always agree with what he says or writes, but I sure to enjoy someone who isn't scared to stir the shit. I always believe that the mark of a good journalist is someone who creates discussion, and boy does he...even if the discussion centers around how much he sucks ROFL

ct
04-28-2005, 08:31 AM
I bet they both won. Whitlock wanted double his salary, they wouldn't give him any raise at all, he quits. They come to an agreement, he gets more money, but the don't double his salary, everybody's happy.

Lzen
04-28-2005, 08:37 AM

Yep, that was alright. I really liked it when Whitlock left and they started bringing in former Chiefs as guest hosts. :thumb:

Lzen
04-28-2005, 08:40 AM
Usually if I flip it on and I hear them talking about the royals or golf or nascar I tend to turn it pretty quickly.

I hear ya. That seems to be the case every time I flip over there these days. And I can't stand any of those other sports (I use that term loosely).

Phobia
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
kcforums.net

What the hell is that place. You have to register to even read the board.

I am not doing that!

It's not a bad site. I'm a member, but I don't spend a lot of time there. When somebody posts a link and a story, I'll go hang out there for a couple days. I'm not a lurker, I'm not a regular - I don't know WTF they'd call me.

beavis
04-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm there with ya, I don't always agree with what he says or writes, but I sure to enjoy someone who isn't scared to stir the shit. I always believe that the mark of a good journalist is someone who creates discussion, and boy does he...even if the discussion centers around how much he sucks ROFL
KK is just as bad or worse than Whitlock about doing that.

I'd much rather listen to someone talking about actual sports instead of stadium issues, how CP is the devil, etc. I think that's why enjoy Petro so much.

dirk digler
04-28-2005, 10:20 AM
It's not a bad site. I'm a member, but I don't spend a lot of time there. When somebody posts a link and a story, I'll go hang out there for a couple days. I'm not a lurker, I'm not a regular - I don't know WTF they'd call me.

I'm a member as well but I think I have only posted maybe 2-3 times in 2 years. They are brutal on newbies which I think stunts their memberships and new threads.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 10:27 AM
I'd much rather listen to someone talking about actual sports instead of stadium issues, how CP is the devil, etc. I think that's why enjoy Petro so much.Ditto.

The thing that makes Petro stand out in the Whitlock/Kietzman conversation is that Petro doesn't come across as self-aggrandizing, whereas Whitlock/Kietzman seem more interested in themselves or their image than the sports they're supposed to cover. They seem to think they're bigger than the teams. That's also why I like Tim Grunhard, although I can't listen to his show because Doug Franz is such a tool.

Anyway, the one time a day I'm sure to have a radio on is 11 am - 2 pm, because I know I'm getting a sports show with national and regional guests every day, a guy who seems to care about and understand his topics and his audience and a guy who doesn't come across like an ego-driven assclown.

htismaqe
04-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Ditto.

The thing that makes Petro stand out in the Whitlock/Kietzman conversation is that Petro doesn't come across as self-aggrandizing, whereas Whitlock/Kietzman seem more interested in themselves or their image than the sports they're supposed to cover. They seem to think they're bigger than the teams. That's also why I like Tim Grunhard, although I can't listen to his show because Doug Franz is such a tool.

Anyway, the one time a day I'm sure to have a radio on is 11 am - 2 pm, because I know I'm getting a sports show with national and regional guests every day, a guy who seems to care about and understand his topics and his audience and a guy who doesn't come across like an ego-driven assclown.

I'm right there with you.

Like Petro, like Grunny. Can't stand Whitlock or Keitzman.

And DA is really starting to wear on me. He's more interested in boobie humor and weather robots than sports.

Lzen
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm right there with you.

Like Petro, like Grunny. Can't stand Whitlock or Keitzman.

And DA is really starting to wear on me. He's more interested in boobie humor and weather robots than sports.

I can't stand DA, either.

Ari Chi3fs
04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Sweet. WB Whitlock.

beavis
04-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Ditto.

I don't remember him being that way 5 years ago, but anymore listening to KK and his ego make me violently ill. I really wish 610 had a net stream so I could check out Jones. The little bit I've heard of him, I didn't think he was that bad.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't remember him being that way 5 years ago, but anymore listening to KK and his ego make me violently ill. I really wish 610 had a net stream so I could check out Jones. The little bit I've heard of him, I didn't think he was that bad.Neil is a lot better now than he was a month ago but I don't think he can carry a show. He's had some good guest hosts. I've heard at least a half dozen guys I'd rather hear on the air than Whitlock, but I'm sure I'm in the minority there; Jason has somewhat of a following.

memyselfI
04-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Neil is a lot better now than he was a month ago but I don't think he can carry a show. He's had some good guest hosts. I've heard at least a half dozen guys I'd rather hear on the air than Whitlock, but I'm sure I'm in the minority there; Jason has somewhat of a following.

Agreed. I LIKED Whitlock and Jones but Jones alone sucks and Whitlock with Moss or alone also sucks.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 05:49 PM
I was mostly fine with Whitlock until the day he quit (again). He seemed, i don't know, less self-centered on 610 than he had been on his 810 morning show (which I just couldn't listen to). But then he had his tirade and walkout, and it almost seemed like the veil was lifted and the old JW shone through again.

I'm not sure any radio show's going to be all that great this summer, though, with the way the Royals are playing. Hours of "boy the Royals suck" and "fire Tony Pena, Allard Baird" and "David Glass sucks" and "WalMart Royals" calls just get O-L-D, regardless of who the show host is. And there's really only so much Chiefs draft talk that you can do between now and training camp. July seems a long effing way off.

Goodys
04-28-2005, 07:08 PM
I was mostly fine with Whitlock until the day he quit (again). He seemed, i don't know, less self-centered on 610 than he had been on his 810 morning show (which I just couldn't listen to). But then he had his tirade and walkout, and it almost seemed like the veil was lifted and the old JW shone through again.

I'm not sure any radio show's going to be all that great this summer, though, with the way the Royals are playing. Hours of "boy the Royals suck" and "fire Tony Pena, Allard Baird" and "David Glass sucks" and "WalMart Royals" calls just get O-L-D, regardless of who the show host is. And there's really only so much Chiefs draft talk that you can do between now and training camp. July seems a long effing way off.
Do I hear an Amen from the choir?

tomahawk kid
05-02-2005, 02:58 PM
So, is he back today?

I can't get 610 @ work.

patteeu
05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
So, is he back today?

I can't get 610 @ work.

I haven't heard him yet. So far, it's Neil Jones and Rhonda Moss. There has been no indication that Whitlock will be back at all.

cookster50
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Looks like it wasn't really Whitlock that posted that message.

Bob Dole
05-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Maybe someone local could call the station and inquire...

KingPriest2
05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Looks like it wasn't really Whitlock that posted that message.

It is his handle on the website. It was him that posted.

Fire Me Boy!
05-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Maybe someone local could call the station and inquire...
I just called 610, the guy that answered, chuckled and said, "I don't think that'll ever happen."

keg in kc
05-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Kietzman and his show cronies have outdone themselves proving my "they think they're bigger than the teams" point today. It's apparently "pat yourself on the back" day on Between the Lines.

Thank god 610's had Kendrell Bell and Boomer Grigsby and some decent Royals talk to listen to.