PDA

View Full Version : Our own Bad Guy quoted in USA Today Sports Weekly

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Hope this isn't a repost. :(

This week's main story on the draft, by Chris Colston. Page 15:

Now Houston is on the clock, and DePrimo's buddy, Aaron Bull of Tobyhana, Pa., is a Texans fan. With a name like that, how could he not be? Bull is praying Kansas City passes on Johnson. But the fans sense something. They chant: "DER-rick JOHN-son!" All except one cache of New Yorkers, who chant "DER-rek JE-ter!"

The Chiefs nab Johnson. "Bull(bleep)!"

Says Chiefs fan Frank Pagnottie of Clarks Summit, Pa.: "Now (defensive coordinator) Gunther Cunningham has something to work with."

:thumb:

Later in the issue, they give the Chiefs' draft an A, the highest grade in the division (Denver D, Oakland C, San Diego B+).

Michael Michigan
04-27-2005, 06:26 PM
They spelled his name wrong.

:cuss:

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
They spelled his name wrong.

:cuss:

No way. Chris Colston is a trained journalist.

Michael Michigan
04-27-2005, 06:35 PM

Jeff Gannon would never make a mistake like that.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2005, 06:43 PM

Nick Athan would have never bad a mistake like that. ROFL

The Bad Guy
04-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I wrote down my name pretty much for the guy. What an idiot.

Funny thing is Justin Deprimo and Aaron Bull both went to the draft with me and are my brother's friends.

Justin is a Panthers fan, so it made an interesting angle having the Panthers, Texans and Chiefs all drafting back-to-back-to-back. Well that's until the Saints traded up and the kid sitting next to me was a Saints fan and he almost cried when the Saints took Jamaal Brown.

And I told the guy about the Jeter quote, he didn't even know what they were chanting.

Bastard journalists.

patteeu
04-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Jeff Gannon would never make a mistake like that.

ROFL