View Full Version : Who gets cut to pay for the Rookies?

chop
04-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Johnnie Morton is probably high on the list but I'm not sure if the savings will be enough to pay for the rookie contracts. Woods or Wesley maybe? Bartee?

Chieficus
04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Doesn't have to be anyone... Don't know what the number is, but there is a "rookie pool" in the cap to apply to the draftees...

Bowser
04-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Woods, Wesley, or Bartee will all cost a pretty penny to axe, since we signed them all to new contracts last year.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Hasn't Bartee/Woods/Wesley all signed recently?

I think we will have to give up alot to get a little. How much money would we save by releasing say..Roaf? Do we have enough depth at tackle to make up for his loss? What if, say..Chris Bober plays almost as good, and releasing Roaf gives us some cap money to play around with? At first it sounds crazy..but..:hmmm:

beer bacon
04-27-2005, 07:49 PM

I think we will have to give up alot to get a little. How much money would we save by releasing say..Roaf? Do we have enough depth at tackle to make up for his loss? What if, say..Chris Bober plays almost as good, and releasing Roaf gives us some cap money to play around with? At first it sounds crazy..but..:hmmm:

We save like two million if we make Morton a June 1st cut.

Also, cutting Roaf is extremely crazy.

Spicy McHaggis
04-27-2005, 07:53 PM

I think we will have to give up alot to get a little. How much money would we save by releasing say..Roaf?

Stop there man. No way we should even think about letting Roaf walk this year.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Stop there man. No way we should even think about letting Roaf walk this year.
Its the Madden-itis I tell ya. Its a big hypothetical, but i'd cut him if someone else stepped up and played near his level. It would save alotta $$$ by cutting a guy who probably won't be playing that much longer.

patteeu

:eek: Yikes. Don't even joke about things like that.

NJ Chief Fan

after readin this i feel dumber....you cant be serious :banghead: :mad:

chop
04-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I thought I heard Carl say the other day that some vets will be cut to help pay for the rookies. Maybe I heard him wrong.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2005, 08:01 PM
I thought I heard Carl say the other day that some vets will be cut to help pay for the rookies. Maybe I heard him wrong.
Morton will definately be gone. Other than that, I have no idea. I imagine Willie Pile will be gone. Perhaps Dexter McCleon...?

philfree
04-27-2005, 08:10 PM
The thing about all the players we re-signed last year I don't think any of them got a signng bonus much more the $2-3mil. I could be wrong but I don't remember us giving out any big bonuses. I think it's very apparent that Carl signed those guys to cap friendly deals that wouldn't hender us this year when we were wanting to sign free agents. Seems it was a concern to some people that those signings would make it hard to get the free agents we needed to get this year. After Gun had an idea of what this D really needed he turned in his list and Carl went shopping.

IMO Morton and Warfield probably represent some big savings. Morton cut and Warfield re-working his contract. He's got to have a pretty big salary number this year as he is deep into his contract.

PhilFree:arrow:

whoman69
04-27-2005, 08:40 PM
The most logical choices would be McCleon and Morton.

Reaper16
04-27-2005, 08:46 PM
If Carl cuts Roaf, I'm cutting him. With a knife. :mad: