PDA

View Full Version : DE Carlos Hall V. QB Adrian McPherson: Who would you rather have?

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 07:57 AM
If we had not traded our 5.150 selection to the Titans for DE Carlos Hall, we could have used that selection on former Florida State QB Adrian McPherson who was taken at 5.152 by the Saints.

Poll coming.

The Bad Guy
04-28-2005, 07:59 AM
There are no guarantees that the Chiefs would have taken him.

I would rather have Hall. This defense needs more speed off the edge.

alpha_omega
04-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Defense!

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 08:01 AM
I'll take the guy who helps us now.

JimNasium
04-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Adrian McPherson = Aaron Brooks.

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 08:04 AM
There are no guarantees that the Chiefs would have taken him.

I would rather have Hall. This defense needs more speed off the edge.

True there are no guarantees that the Chiefs would have taken him. But, since it's the offseason and all, speculation and rumors are about all the football talk we have right now.

McPherson's draft profile (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/mcpherson_adrian)

Hall's career stats (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302039)

Brock
04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
I would have liked McPherson, but I don't think the Chiefs ever considered taking him.

Phobia
04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
I don't know. I really don't recall having seen Hall play. Beyond his stats, I don't know a lot about him. But he's ours now and hopefully he'll take snaps from Hicks.

I was pimping MacPherson and I'd have loved to get him as a development project. But there were plenty of opportunities for the Chiefs to take him. They obviously didn't see the same potential I did.

Manila-Chief
04-28-2005, 08:11 AM
I voted Hall simply because it was reported that Gun wanted him. Gun is a better judge of talent than I am!!!

But, I too was hoping we would get the QB. He soulds just like a guy who has learned his lessons and my become a good QB.

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 08:15 AM
D-linemen that were available at 5.150, but were gone by our 6.187 pick (DE/OT Will Svitek):

DT Anttaj Hawthorne, Wisconsin

DT Anthony Bryant, Alabama

DT Mike Montgomery, Texas A&M

DE Bill Swancutt, Oregon State

DE Eric Moore, Florida State

All were taken in the 6th.

Would you rather have any of these guys over Hall? Again, I know that there is no guarantee that we would have taken them (we passed on CJ Mosely to take Svitek :().

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
I don't know. I really don't recall having seen Hall play. Beyond his stats, I don't know a lot about him. But he's ours now and hopefully he'll take snaps from Hicks.

I was pimping MacPherson and I'd have loved to get him as a development project. But there were plenty of opportunities for the Chiefs to take him. They obviously didn't see the same potential I did.

McPherson is definitely not a "Profile" guy. I'm sure that hurt him on the KC draft board. If he straightens up his off the field stuff and gets more polished as a player, he could be decent as a pro. His arena league stats are Warner-esque.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2005, 08:32 AM
I don't really understand the hype surrounding Adrian McPherson.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
D-linemen that were available at 5.150, but were gone by our 6.187 pick (DE/OT Will Svitek):

DT Anttaj Hawthorne, Wisconsin

DT Anthony Bryant, Alabama

DT Mike Montgomery, Texas A&M

DE Bill Swancutt, Oregon State

DE Eric Moore, Florida State

All were taken in the 6th.

Would you rather have any of these guys over Hall? Again, I know that there is no guarantee that we would have taken them (we passed on CJ Mosely to take Svitek :().
I don't really feel comfortable with the Chiefs picking another defensive tackle under Vermeils watch...ever.

ct
04-28-2005, 08:36 AM
McPherson is a chump! If you want to talk about potential QBs we could have drafted, would love to have taken a chance on Timmy Chang.

yoswif
04-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Gun considered getting Hall a high off season priority. Slam dunk.

Crush
04-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Adrian McPherson = Aaron Brooks.

What he said.

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 08:46 AM
McPherson is a chump! If you want to talk about potential QBs we could have drafted, would love to have taken a chance on Timmy Chang.

Chang wasn't even drafted. I think that Jason White (also undrafted) has a better shot at becoming a NFL QB than Chang does.

King_Chief_Fan
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
If we had not traded our 5.150 selection to the Titans for DE Carlos Hall, we could have used that selection on former Florida State QB Adrian McPherson who was taken at 5.152 by the Saints.

Poll coming.

I doubt the Chiefs could do anything to make McPerson a legit QB or QBOTF. They never know what to do to devleop QB's. I might be wrong about that, so you might need to give me names of QB's they have devleooped.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
We could have had both.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
I would have liked McPherson, but I don't think the Chiefs ever considered taking him.

yep

jspchief
04-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Hall could make an impact this year. The chance of McPherson making an impact this year (on our team) is almost non-existant.

I can find no valid arguement for why we would want a back-up over a guy that could become a starter.

htismaqe
04-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Chang wasn't even drafted. I think that Jason White (also undrafted) has a better shot at becoming a NFL QB than Chang does.

Damn, I feel sorry for Chang.

Because Jason White has ZERO chance of becoming an NFL QB.

jspchief
04-28-2005, 10:44 AM
If the dictionary had a listing for "system QB" it would have a picture of Timmy Chang. Besides playing out the shotgun his entire career, he was pretty inconsistent and had some real attitude problems.