PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature Is A Wench!

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:09 PM
I just got in from the shop and it is snowing like it's the middle of December. This bullshit is cutting into my fly fishing time! They are talking about low 20's for night time lows for the next two nights. :shake:

Picture to follow.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:09 PM

JimNasium
04-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Sucks to be you.

Otter
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Hehe, time to break out the snowboard.

ENDelt260
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Haha... that's what you get for living in Montana.

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Move back to civilization.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:15 PM
This just blows. Last week it was 79 and I was on the river fly fishing in a wife beater knocking them dead. Today, I'm thinking about building an igloo.

Hey Otter, when you come out make sure you have at least a 6W line. The "W" wind has been the chits this year.

Donger
04-28-2005, 01:17 PM
It'll be snowing here too shortly.

Otter
04-28-2005, 01:28 PM
This just blows. Last week it was 79 and I was on the river fly fishing in a wife beater knocking them dead. Today, I'm thinking about building an igloo.

Hey Otter, when you come out make sure you have at least a 6W line. The "W" wind has been the chits this year.

Yeah, I guess the rivers have trout up there unlike just the streams around here, lots more open space for wind to whip through.

Cold brew, trout and potatoes cooking in the campfire...splitting up in mid-sprint becuase there's a 50:50 chance the grizzly chases the other guy...good times.

Frosty
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
I almost applied for a job in Bozeman last September. Kinda glad I didn't.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I guess the rivers have trout up there unlike just the streams around here, lots more open space for wind to whip through.

Cold brew, trout and potatoes cooking in the campfire...splitting up in mid-sprint becuase there's a 50:50 chance the grizzly chases the other guy...good times.

ROFL Heh, you have to love the hairy bastards. They keep things interesting!

Donger
04-28-2005, 01:32 PM
in a wife beater knocking them dead

I thought polygamy was illegal in Montana?

ENDelt260
04-28-2005, 01:33 PM
That's why he had to get a few off the rolls.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I almost applied for a job in Bozeman last September. Kinda glad I didn't.

Bozeman is in theory going to get 6 to 12 inches today. It's a great area with the mountains in you backyard, but the weather can be a little bit edgey and there is a lot of tree huggers over there.

This weather is strange even for Montana this time of year. In the high mountains no, in Billings, yes.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM

You assume I ALWAYS follow the law? :evil:

Donger
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
That's why he had to get a few off the rolls.

Murder's worse than polygamy. Although, having spent far too much time in Utah, I may want to rethink that.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Murder's worse than polygamy. Although, having spent far too much time in Utah, I may want to rethink that.

Utah? ROFL Gawd I hate that state.

Frosty
04-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Bozeman is in theory going to get 6 to 12 inches today. It's a great area with the mountains in you backyard, but the weather can be a little bit edgey and there is a lot of tree huggers over there.

This weather is strange even for Montana this time of year. In the high mountains no, in Billings, yes.

I wouldn't mind living there if the current job doesn't work out (I live NE of Spokane). I haven't been there in a while, but I seem to remember it as a beautiful area. Kind of sits down in hole, ringed by mountains, right?

I'd rather put up the snow than work in Seattle or Portland, though.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't mind living there if the current job doesn't work out (I live NE of Spokane). I haven't been there in a while, but I seem to remember it as a beautiful area. Kind of sits down in hole, ringed by mountains, right?

Exactly, and you can be into killer fishing in 15 minutes. It is a really nice area, but like I said, there is no shortage of tree huggers. Nothing like Missoula, MT, but there is a lot.

Frosty
04-28-2005, 01:53 PM
there is no shortage of tree huggers. Nothing like Missoula, MT, but there is a lot.

That seems to be everywhere, anymore. Even here in redneck-ville, where I live, they seem prevalent.

alanm
04-28-2005, 02:21 PM
We had 5" of snow last night Greg. We're supposed to have another 4-6" tonight. :cuss: Course it will probably be up in the 70's again by Monday. It's spring. :)

Rain Man
04-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Snow in western NE, alan? Interesting. We've had a lot of rain in the past week, but no snow. It's colder than a wiccan areola here today, though.

munkey
04-28-2005, 02:30 PM
I'd rather put up the snow than work in Seattle or Portland, though.

Amen to that...

I've worked in both Seattle & Portland and the commute gets old really, really fast....especially in Seattle.

Boise on the other hand hasn't been all that bad.

munkey
04-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I just got in from the shop and it is snowing like it's the middle of December. This bullshit is cutting into my fly fishing time! They are talking about low 20's for night time lows for the next two nights. :shake:

Picture to follow.

You must be getting the cold front that swept through here last night...

Brrrrrr....

ENDelt260
04-28-2005, 02:31 PM
It's colder than a wiccan areola

Haha. Nice.

Donger
04-28-2005, 02:33 PM
We've had a lot of rain in the past week, but no snow.

So far. We're forecast to get a few inches overnight.

Rain Man
04-28-2005, 02:36 PM
So far. We're forecast to get a few inches overnight.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're not really in Florida. Where be you?

Donger
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're not really in Florida. Where be you?

Castle Rock, for now.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 02:38 PM
We had 5" of snow last night Greg. We're supposed to have another 4-6" tonight. :cuss: Course it will probably be up in the 70's again by Monday. It's spring. :)
It's a strange spring. I hope we don't have one of those wet cold summers.

Frosty
04-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Amen to that...

I've worked in both Seattle & Portland and the commute gets old really, really fast....especially in Seattle.

Boise on the other hand hasn't been all that bad.

Any electrical engineering jobs there? :)

I was in Boise in January (stayed there overnight on the way to a trade-show in Pocatello). It was so fogged in you couldn't see anything.

I have a standing offer for a job in northern Minnesota (near Fargo) any time I want.

Uhhh, no. :shake:

Rain Man
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Castle Rock, for now.

Gidouddahere. We're almost neighbors, on a global scale.

I jinxed myself earlier. It just started snowing here.

Frosty
04-28-2005, 02:48 PM

The only good thing about that would be to keep the fires down. Our snowpack is about 9% of normal. We had 0" of snow between the first week of January and March. Fortunately, March and the first half of April were colder and wetter than normal, so we got a little more. That mostly made the underbrush grow more, though. More fuel for the summer fires. :mad:

Been in the low 80's this week. :shake:

Bwana
04-28-2005, 02:53 PM
The only good thing about that would be to keep the fires down. Our snowpack is about 9% of normal. We had 0" of snow between the first week of January and March. Fortunately, March and the first half of April were colder and wetter than normal, so we got a little more. That mostly made the underbrush grow more, though. More fuel for the summer fires. :mad:

Been in the low 80's this week. :shake:

Yeah, you're right about being dry. This is the first time we have been ABOVE normal since 1998! The snow pack was at 48% two months ago but is now at 86%. I can live with that.

Frosty
04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah, you're right about being dry. This is the first time we have been ABOVE normal since 1998! The snow pack was at 48% two months ago but is now at 86%. I can live with that.

I hear our governors are meeting this week to discuss the drought. Well, your governor and the bitch that hijacked the office in our state. Our governor is sitting in court, trying to get the office back.

Be careful, or she will probably figure out a way to get your water, too.

Donger
04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Snowpack's at something lie 138% of average here in Colorado.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 03:12 PM
I hear our governors are meeting this week to discuss the drought. Well, your governor and the bitch that hijacked the office in our state. Our governor is sitting in court, trying to get the office back.

Be careful, or she will probably figure out a way to get your water, too.
We just got rid of our bitch Governor, Judy Martz. What a lightweight she was. No my friend, you can keep yours if she is anything like Judy. :)

Frosty
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
We just got rid of our bitch Governor, Judy Martz. What a lightweight she was. No my friend, you can keep yours if she is anything like Judy. :)

Ah, but you're assuming that the woman in the governor's office is actually the governor. :shake:

Now I'm pissed all over again. STFU

chiefs4me
04-28-2005, 03:32 PM
No freaking way could I have snow in April....I am sitting here barefoot with the windows open and the birds singing and it's at least 80 if not higher. How can you stand the snow for that long of time?

Bwana
04-28-2005, 04:27 PM
No freaking way could I have snow in April....I am sitting here barefoot with the windows open and the birds singing and it's at least 80 if not higher. How can you stand the snow for that long of time?

It normally doesn't pull this crap in late April. Like I said, it was 79 one day last week. I just rejeted my Polaris 700 for the mountains, but it looks like it could be a little while before I get it up there.

BTW: If you have enough free time to sit around sunning your bad self, you have enough time to bake poor old Bwana a nice cherry pie. Your priorities are askew! :shake:

ENDelt260
04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
you have enough time to bake poor old Bwana a nice cherry pie.

Are you a combat veteran?

Bwana
04-28-2005, 04:35 PM

No I'm a thrill seeker.

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 04:39 PM
That seems to be everywhere, anymore. Even here in redneck-ville, where I live, they seem prevalent.
You live in Iowa?

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 04:46 PM
The question is how can you stand the oppressive heat in Texas? Brag while you can. You'll get yours soon.

Frosty
04-28-2005, 04:46 PM
You live in Iowa?

No, I live in northwest Redneck-ville. That's the other side of the tracks.

chiefs4me
04-28-2005, 05:47 PM
The question is how can you stand the oppressive heat in Texas? Brag while you can. You'll get yours soon.

You get used to it...I love it..for one thing I hardly ever have to wear a jacket. I get to live in shorts if I want. You wake up and you don't have to shovel snow or defreeze the windshield to get the kids to school. Camping or swimming every weekend if you want....Golf year round...Kids are able to play outside year round if they want. I am not freezin my butt of watching football or soccer games. I could go on....but is that enough?;)

Not to mention how hot it is determines how many clothes you wear..ROFL

chiefs4me
04-28-2005, 05:48 PM
It normally doesn't pull this crap in late April. Like I said, it was 79 one day last week. I just rejeted my Polaris 700 for the mountains, but it looks like it could be a little while before I get it up there.

BTW: If you have enough free time to sit around sunning your bad self, you have enough time to bake poor old Bwana a nice cherry pie. Your priorities are askew! :shake:

Who are you kidding with poor and old...ROFL

If I bake the pie, you have to come pick it up.

chiefs4me
04-28-2005, 05:49 PM

:harumph:

JOhn
04-28-2005, 06:20 PM

I feel your pain Greg, been real crappy here also. Had 5 inchs snow Tuesday Night, another 2 yesterday and a nother 2-3 last night. :banghead:

Cold as hell here right now, 24 with windchill in the single digits by tonight.

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
You get used to it...I love it..for one thing I hardly ever have to wear a jacket. I get to live in shorts if I want. You wake up and you don't have to shovel snow or defreeze the windshield to get the kids to school. Camping or swimming every weekend if you want....Golf year round...Kids are able to play outside year round if they want. I am not freezin my butt of watching football or soccer games. I could go on....but is that enough?;)

Not to mention how hot it is determines how many clothes you wear..ROFL
Bullshit, I've spent time in Texas during the summer and it's hotter than blue blazes down there. I can't name one good thing about Texas.

JOhn
04-28-2005, 06:31 PM
I can't name one good thing about Texas.

The only good thing that came from Texas is the CHIEFS, oh and that new guy Derrick. :clap:

ENDelt260
04-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I can't name one good thing about Texas.

I can. chiefs4me is there... which means she's not here.

Nightfyre
04-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I wish it would just decide if it wants to be winter or spring. Not that a little snow has stopped me from wearing the tshirts or anything.
Bozeman is a great town, if the outdoors are your thing, and you dont mind ****ed up weather.

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Bullshit, I've spent time in Texas during the summer and it's hotter than blue blazes down there. I can't name one good thing about Texas.

I agree with you. I hate the weather here.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 07:07 PM
I feel your pain Greg, been real crappy here also. Had 5 inchs snow Tuesday Night, another 2 yesterday and a nother 2-3 last night. :banghead:

Cold as hell here right now, 24 with windchill in the single digits by tonight.
I don't know about you, but I'm ready for some warmer weather. :shake:

JOhn
04-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm ready for some warmer weather. :shake:
Yea, but they calling for more cold till monday or tuesday here :cuss:

Bwana
04-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Yea, but they calling for more cold till monday or tuesday here :cuss:

Same here ****! This is really cutting into my fly fishing. I wouldn't mind going in the cold and snow at all, but the fish don't bite.

Herzig
04-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Picture to follow.

Man..that sucks...I bet golf season is only like 3 months there. I've heard that Montana is beautiful...but I don't think I could do that..

Bwana
04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Man..that sucks...I bet golf season is only like 3 months there. I've heard that Montana is beautiful...but I don't think I could do that..

Normally it doesn't pull this crap. It snowed for part of last week and part of the week was in the high 70's. We haven't had a hardcore winter around here for years, but it's trying to make up for it in the spring. :hmmm: All I know is if I ever run into Mother Nature, I am going to give her a size 10 1/2 Tony Lama upside the camel toe for this.

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Do people have gardens up there? I'd think the season would be awfully short. We don't get tomatoes till July here. I wonder how they would do there?

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey, Bwana, did you grow up in Montana? I've wondered why people move there. I guess employment reasons or if you grew up there would be a reason.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey, Bwana, did you grow up in Montana? I've wondered why people move there. I guess employment reasons or if you grew up there would be a reason.

I have been here all my life with the exception of a year in Alaska. I love it here for the most part. As far as a garden, hell yes. NORMALLY it's nice from April through October. (At least) Like I said before, we really haven't had a rank winter in years. I am big into the outdoors so I love it here. The hunting, fishing, Horse and atv riding is out of this world. If you get sick of the city, you drive 10 minutes and you are in an area where you can relax. I know several places around Montana whre you can go and not see anyone for days. That would drive some people crazy, but I love it. The one bad thing is the economy suks bawls.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2005, 08:15 PM
I have been here all my life with the exception of a year in Alaska. I love it here for the most part. As far as a garden, hell yes. NORMALLY it's nice from April through October. (At least) Like I said before, we really haven't had a rank winter in years. I am big into the outdoors so I love it here. The hunting, fishing, Horse and atv riding is out of this world. If you get sick of the city, you drive 10 minutes and you are in an area where you can relax. I know several places around Montana whre you can go and not see anyone for days. That would drive some people crazy, but I love it. The one bad thing is the economy suks bawls.

Hell I would love to live out there.

Monty
04-28-2005, 10:01 PM

I really envy you as I grew up there(WY & the Black Hills) and really miss it. I'd move back up there except for the economy as you've said. I've been in Dallas for 9 years now and I'm still not used to the summer heat. Anytime you can cook an egg on your sidewalk, it's too friggin' hot! Maybe it's where I grew up, but you could always put extra clothes on if you're cold, but you can only take off so many when it's hot....then what do you do after that? I'd give my left hanger downer to not see anyone for a week, just like we used to do when we were in the Tetons......that was pure heaven. :)

PastorMikH
04-28-2005, 10:46 PM
I agree with the weather thoughts. Got home tonight after a week back east (Missouri & Indiana). When I packed last week, the weather here as well as the weather in MO and IN was nice so I didn't bother with a coat - only a light sweatshirt. I get to IN and it starts raining - THEN Sunday AM (in N Indiana at this time) I wake up to 3+ inches of snow. From friday of last week until today every stinkin' day was rainy or snow.

Every day when I called home I got the report that the sun was shining and the temp was in the 70s in OK. :shake:

Bwana
04-28-2005, 11:13 PM
I really envy you as I grew up there(WY & the Black Hills) and really miss it. I'd move back up there except for the economy as you've said. I've been in Dallas for 9 years now and I'm still not used to the summer heat. Anytime you can cook an egg on your sidewalk, it's too friggin' hot! Maybe it's where I grew up, but you could always put extra clothes on if you're cold, but you can only take off so many when it's hot....then what do you do after that? I'd give my left hanger downer to not see anyone for a week, just like we used to do when we were in the Tetons......that was pure heaven. :)

That's the only thing that keeps me here. When I want to get away from people, I can do it. I love the mountains.

alanm
04-29-2005, 12:41 AM
I think the Ranchers and Farmers would disagree with you. Considering that we've had 6 yrs. of drought. So far this year we are 2" ahead of normal in precip. Had about another 3" of snow today. It's not sticking to the streets or sidewalks but it looks like we have had at least 8-9" since yesterday. It's quit snowing for now but is supposed to snow off and on tonight and peter out tomorrow morning.

alanm
04-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Snow in western NE, alan? Interesting. We've had a lot of rain in the past week, but no snow. It's colder than a wiccan areola here today, though.
How the hell did you guys miss out on the snow? It's 25 degrees out right now. The cold front must have just clipped you guys then. We caught it full force. :banghead:

JOhn
04-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Snowing out right now :shake:

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 03:16 AM
I tell you what. I don't miss snow in the slightest. I remembere before I moved out folks warning me, "Oh, it's hot," So, f*ckin what!?! It was hot AND humid in MO in the summer, and then in the winter, I had to shovel snow. I don't have to shovel the heat.

As far as the "you can only take off so much" stuff... I say, if you could see some of the girls in Phoenix, you'd have no problem with them taking off as much as they want. I'll put up with a little extra heat for that scenery.

Monty
04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
That's the only thing that keeps me here. When I want to get away from people, I can do it. I love the mountains.

All I have is the wallpaper on my PC.... :banghead:

I will get a reprieve this June though. It appears that Forestry Service in the Black Hills is restoring my great great grandfathers' cabin, the one he lived in right after emigrating there in the 1880s. It's a very cool project because they'll put up an interpretive sign describing the people who lived there and how they lived in those days. I have all of the old orginal pictures of the ranch, so I'll supply most of the background there. They were also struggling with how to restore the cabin in that they didn't know how the porch was laid out. I've fixed that problem as well. This place is out in the middle of BF Egypt(30 miles west of Hill City, near Deerfield) if anyone knows where that is. They've invited me to come up and assist. I've agreed, but I've already told them that if they need any help after 4pm, I can be reached at the nearest stream as I'll be fly fishing....Woo Hoo!! I'm really stoked about this as there is NO cell coverage.....*insert evil scientist laugh here*..... :D

Monty
04-29-2005, 09:03 AM
I tell you what. I don't miss snow in the slightest. I remembere before I moved out folks warning me, "Oh, it's hot," So, f*ckin what!?! It was hot AND humid in MO in the summer, and then in the winter, I had to shovel snow. I don't have to shovel the heat.

As far as the "you can only take off so much" stuff... I say, if you could see some of the girls in Phoenix, you'd have no problem with them taking off as much as they want. I'll put up with a little extra heat for that scenery.

I do miss the snow, mostly for the snowmobiling. I grew up doing that, but not here. I was hot and humid in KC, but it's not like here. I think my biggest complaint is that I was so used to doing stuff outside in the middle of the summer and now the best time to be outside is anytime OTHER than that.

Good point regarding the hottie apparel, or lack thereof. If I ever move back up north, I'll have to include their moving expenses too, because they'll be coming with me. :D

chiefs4me
04-29-2005, 09:07 AM

ME......:)

and besides..it's not that hot...maybe you are just getting too old.;)

Monty
04-29-2005, 09:13 AM
and besides..it's not that hot...maybe you are just getting too old.;)

bullshit regarding the hot part......

....maybe he's getting old? ;)

chiefs4me
04-29-2005, 09:13 AM
I can. chiefs4me is there... which means she's not here.

It's not hot enough here anymore.....Some days we don't see the sun. Thinking about moving to Scottsdale AZ........ROFL

chiefs4me
04-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I do miss the snow, mostly for the snowmobiling. I grew up doing that, but not here. I was hot and humid in KC, but it's not like here. I think my biggest complaint is that I was so used to doing stuff outside in the middle of the summer and now the best time to be outside is anytime OTHER than that.

Good point regarding the hottie apparel, or lack thereof. If I ever move back up north, I'll have to include their moving expenses too, because they'll be coming with me. :D

You are acting like you can't even step outside in the summer in Texas....bullshit. Get outside and get used to the heat and it won't bother you so much....AND IF IT IS THAT DAMN BAD FOR YOU THEN MOVE.

chiefs4me
04-29-2005, 09:20 AM
bullshit regarding the hot part......

....maybe he's getting old? ;)

I just saw that you have less then 500 posts and I went and jumped on you......sorry......disregard my last post to you.....unless you wanna fight.;)

Pennywise
04-29-2005, 09:27 AM
I just saw that you have less then 500 posts and I went and jumped on you......sorry......disregard my last post to you.....unless you wanna fight.;)

Look at the registration date Clark...

chiefs4me
04-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Look at the registration date Clark...

yea so....he has been here 5 years with only 500 posts. That's why I said I was sorry....:rolleyes:

Frosty
04-29-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm sure there are parts of Texas that are really nice. However, I was in Dalhart (top NW tip if the state) last month. Table top flat and 50 mile an hour winds blowing a fine grit that got into everything. Not to mention the stench of gigantic cattle feed lots.

It very rapidly went on the list of "Places I Will Never Live".

Monty
04-29-2005, 10:07 AM

Naw, my ex has that base covered, she has enough fight for 3 people.....and frankly, I'm pretty beat down by it. :)

Besides, you're a Jeffy fan and I may end up watching a game with you one of these years, so I'll just behave for now. :D

Hehehe....she jumped on me......hehehehehe