PDA

View Full Version : Arn't deployments to the desert hard enough...

AirForceChief
04-28-2005, 01:16 PM
...without having to watch the Royals get pounded on Armed Forces Networks?? I mean I've been here for 102 days. Do I really have to watch BA get swated around like a pinata while our left fielder plays "myopics-r-us"?

JohninGpt
04-29-2005, 10:37 AM
You have my sympathy. I got home from my 7 month Ar Ramadi vacation last week. Oh yeah, and the Royals still suck when you watch them in the States.

Saulbadguy
04-29-2005, 10:43 AM
"Haven't they suffered enough?"

Phobia
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Armed Forces Network?

WTF is that. Why, back in the day we didn't have all that newfangled garbage. We worked for a living in the military back in the old Iraq war. We didn't get to see the 91 SuperBowl until the tape came over on a boat, it was watched by all the officers, and we had stolen a TV on which to watch it. By then, the tape was so mangled, we didn't even know who was playing. But, by God, we liked it. No, we didn't complain. Not once.

Damned kids.

wilas101
04-29-2005, 11:48 AM
I was in a light infantry unit in the first gulf war and can remember watching that superbowl but cannot for the life of me remember where the hell that tv and vcr came from.

I remember being miles from any town with a tv sitting on a box. It was the highest reference point for miles.

Oddly enough it was the same night most of us got packages from home with our christmas presents in them.

Not quite sure what happened to that stuff either.

I think I left a lot of crap sitting on the ground somewhere in southwest asia.

Loki
04-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Armed Forces Network?

WTF is that. Why, back in the day we didn't have all that newfangled garbage. We worked for a living in the military back in the old Iraq war. We didn't get to see the 91 SuperBowl until the tape came over on a boat, it was watched by all the officers, and we had stolen a TV on which to watch it. By then, the tape was so mangled, we didn't even know who was playing. But, by God, we liked it. No, we didn't complain. Not once.

Damned kids.

i guess you didn't get your "stress card" alloments...
:rolleyes:

(ps: neither did i...)

Saulbadguy
04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Armed Forces Network?

Damned kids.
My buddy is in the Navy, and he is on leave right now, so he is in town. He was telling me about the AFN and how badly it sucked, especially for sporting events. The AFN has their own commercials, and sometimes they would cut off parts of a game because their commercials ran longer. Kinda amusing.