PDA

View Full Version : The Ab Lounge

Beatlemanu
04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Okay, I got this thing (Ab lounge) maybe three-four weeks ago, and I've been using it everyday, more and more each day. Now I haven't seen any results at all.

Has anyone else got one of these things???
Any good/bad results....????

Bootlegged
04-28-2005, 02:28 PM
You can do all the ab workouts you want, but if you have layers of fat covering your abs, you ain't gonna see em. I don't know if this is your case or not, but I can't believe how many people get duped into buying this stuff, without realizing this. Cardio workouts are a must.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Didn't you read the fine print?

"To achieve results, this device should be used in conjunction with a good diet and reasonable exercise."

In other words, get off your ass....go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, eat less, and eat healthier....and after a few months, you might see that "pony keg" replaced by a "sixpack." At least that's what the one I bought meant....heh.

JimNasium
04-28-2005, 02:33 PM
As seen on TV.
http://passtheammo.com/images/temp/fat-bastard-michael-moore-s.jpghttp://adtunes.com/images/thumbseen2.jpg

Beatlemanu
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
You can do all the ab workouts you want, but if you have layers of fat covering your abs, you ain't gonna see em. I don't know if this is your case or not, but I can't believe how many people get duped into buying this stuff, without realizing this. Cardio workouts are a must.

Well, in my case, I'd say I'm kind of in between. I don't have layers of fat, but I definately have a small tire... I run a few times a week, got a basketball league on tuesdays, and a soccer league on sundays... I totally agree, all the running I've been doing has been the only thing that has helped me. I gained about 25 pounds 2 years ago after tearing my ACL, and I wasn't in shape then. I've dropped about 15 of those pounds and kept them off, but I was hoping for more... anyone got any ideas???

Marcellus
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM
I know it's an Ab Lounger but quite drinking beer and eating pizza while laying in it. :)

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM
If you are doing cardio (running, basketball, soccer) 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes or more, it's your diet.

Bootlegged
04-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Well, in my case, I'd say I'm kind of in between. I don't have layers of fat, but I definately have a small tire... I run a few times a week, got a basketball league on tuesdays, and a soccer league on sundays... I totally agree, all the running I've been doing has been the only thing that has helped me. I gained about 25 pounds 2 years ago after tearing my ACL, and I wasn't in shape then. I've dropped about 15 of those pounds and kept them off, but I was hoping for more... anyone got any ideas???

Cutting out soda/beer will help dramatically. Fat around the gut is the hardest to lose, so regular cardio and diet is the way to go. It's also the hardest.

Chest Rockwell
04-28-2005, 02:39 PM
... anyone got any ideas???

Don't purchase fitness products that include the word "Lounge" in the name?

Beatlemanu
04-28-2005, 02:40 PM
If you are doing cardio (running, basketball, soccer) 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes or more, it's your diet.

You know I didn't think my diet was that bad, but your probably right...

Bootlegged
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
If you have a La-z-Boy in your house, you already own the ab lounge...and a nice one at that. I like to think I pioneered the la-z-boy sit up. Should've pattened that bad boy.

Simplex3
04-28-2005, 02:52 PM
It's probably diet, but could also be stress related. Excessive stress makes it harder to shed fat.

If you figure out how to eliminate stress let me know, we'll sell that plan for more money than Rainman is going to get for his "snot as industrial lubricant" idea.

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 02:54 PM
You know I didn't think my diet was that bad, but your probably right...
Try writing down everything you eat or drink for a couple of weeks and then review it. This should reveal where your problem is. The problem most of us have is that we forget all the little snacks and crappy foods we eat when it comes time to evaluate our diets.

Time for a Mt. Dew and Snickers. mmm... :)

ROYC75
04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Yep, diet and workout is the answer to your needs.

morphius
04-28-2005, 03:05 PM
As everyone here has said, you are going to see your abs if you have fat over the top of them, and your body picks where to get rid of the fat first, you have no pick.

It sounds like you do plenty of cardio, I would get some dumbells and a dumbell bench and add some resistance training to build up some of your other muscles as muscles burn 10X more calories at rest then the same amount of fat burns them.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 03:16 PM
As Morph said, hit the weights as well and it will help you smoke that fat off. I started hitting it hard again last week. I have been running 5 miles a day, getting after the weights and smacking the power bag. I just got done turning half my shop into a gym. Screw the clubs, I know how to workout and the shop is only 20 seconds from the house.

philfree
04-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I bought a AB Lounge here while back and I like to go back as far as my back will let me and just lay there and stretch. When I was a kid we had thing called a "Slim Jim" that was basically the same thing as the Ab Lounge except it didn't have the tension bands. I bought this thing I have now for sentimental reasons.

As has been said, when it comes to abs diet is everything. Of course why would anyone want a six pack when they can have the whole keg.

PhilFree:arrow:

mikey23545
04-28-2005, 03:33 PM
As seen on TV.
http://passtheammo.com/images/temp/fat-bastard-michael-moore-s.jpghttp://adtunes.com/images/thumbseen2.jpg

I believe this is definitely the first time I have laughed and puked simultaneously.

Thank you for that experience.

I think.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 03:37 PM
As seen on TV.

Those bad boys have to be at least DD. Someone get that boy a man bra. :shake: