PDA

View Full Version : SI's Top 10 Impact players for 2005...

Saulbadguy
04-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Check out #1 and #5.
:D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/04/27/banks.10.impact/index.html

wutamess
04-28-2005, 03:41 PM
I hate people like you. They should take away your keyboard and mouse priviledges.

1. Darren Sproles, running back/returner, San Diego: Kansas State's career rushing leader, the 5-6, 181-pound Sproles is expected to handle both punt and kickoff returns in San Diego. And the Chargers want the fourth-round pick on the field as a third-down situational back for about 10 offensive snaps per game, where his excellent speed will help draw some of the swarming defensive attention that Pro Bowl running back

5. Derrick Johnson, linebacker, Kansas City: Johnson has side-to-side play-making ability, and is there any defense in the NFL more in need of playmakers than the 32nd-ranked Chiefs? Johnson already is being hailed as the next Derrick Thomas in Kansas City, and that's a little rich for any rookie. But he does play the same position, share the same first name and have the speed to run down ballcarriers all over the field. Critics say Johnson will struggle in the NFL, because he doesn't fight off blocks very well. But with his speed, how much experience does he have with that skill?

Herzig
04-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Seeing Chris Canty at #3 makes me really pissed that we could have had him and passed.

JimNasium
04-28-2005, 03:57 PM
I cannot believe that Boomer Grigsby didn't make the list.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Where is Dustin Colquitt at? He will make more of an impact for this team than any of the rookies including DJ.

HemiEd
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
So Marty is wanting Sproles to be his 'human joystick?" He just might be capable of it. I have mixed emotions........ no, I hope he fails miserably. :D

milkman
04-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Just another waste of print.
These guys don't do any research.
If they did, they would know that at this point in time DJ is penciled in the SSLB spot, and DT was a WSLB.

Bwana
04-28-2005, 08:17 PM
I cannot believe that Boomer Grigsby didn't make the list.

If if was media impact, he may have.

jynni
04-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Darren Sproles, running back/returner, San Diego: Kansas State's career rushing leader, the 5-6, 181-pound Sproles is expected to handle both punt and kickoff returns in San Diego.

Even if Boomer doesn't start on defense - he's expected to be a special teams beast. I wonder what happens the first time Sproles runs into him?

milkman
04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Even if Boomer doesn't start on defense - he's expected to be a special teams beast. I wonder what happens the first time Sproles runs into him?

BOOOOOOM!

4th and Long
04-28-2005, 08:47 PM
The only impact Darren "Micro-Midget" Sproles will ever make in the NFL is when he gets planted like a yard dart into the turf by one of our D backs ... provided he survives Sandy Eggo's cut list.

Rudy lost the toss
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
This List Sucks. Larry Brackins? c'mon this guy is from JUCO. Maybe in a couple years, but not his rookie year? Sproles #1? :shake:

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 09:18 PM
I'd be surprised if more than 2 or 3 players on that list make any kind of impact. All the first rounders, basically. The rest will be spot players, if that. As rookies at least.