PDA

View Full Version : Jason White is here in KC!

Edubs
04-28-2005, 03:00 PM
My friend just got off the plane with Jason White and he is here to try out for the Chiefs. I am assuming he will be attending the mini camp this weekend. I saw the other thread about White but started this one to confirm that he is here. Thoughts?

I know he has bad knee probs....he was never able to make if over the hump in the National Championship game either. He had some impressive games in the past two seasons though.

wasi
04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2048982

JimNasium
04-28-2005, 03:03 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115361

Edubs
04-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Damn I am slow.....thought it was news because my friend is still at the airport. Did everyone know that we signed Surtain?.......ummmm just kidding......I will change my name to slownewb.

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 03:07 PM
...I will change my name to slownewb.

Phobia, you know what to do.

Lzen
04-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Eh, Jason White sucks.

htismaqe
04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
He's a great college QB that will not make it in the pros, IMO. Being well-rounded is great in college, but in the NFL, you have to be exceptional at at least one thing.

1adam1238
04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Eh, Jason White sucks.

Maybe I can trade my wife in for him then.

Kyle401
04-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Maybe I can trade my wife in for him then.

So what was your Gay-O-Meter reading?

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
He's a great college QB that will not make it in the pros, IMO. Being well-rounded is great in college, but in the NFL, you have to be exceptional at at least one thing.

What does Trent Green have that Jason White doesn't?

ArrowheadHawk
04-28-2005, 03:42 PM
What does Trent Green have that Jason White doesn't?a superbowl ring and a pro bowl apperance

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 03:42 PM
a superbowl ring and a pro bowl apperance

Physically.

Uncle Fester
04-28-2005, 03:44 PM
What does Trent Green have that Jason White doesn't?

Millions of dollars! White is terrible. Folds under pressure.

Chest Rockwell
04-28-2005, 03:44 PM

I don't know, he seems pretty exceptional at a couple of things:

1) Tearing up his knees.
2) Losing dramatically in the postseason.

ArrowheadHawk
04-28-2005, 03:50 PM
lets just wait and see if he gets a contract. but i highly doubt that he will...even if he does he won't even make the practice squad

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Hop on the bandwagon next to me folks. Jason White is my Rich Scanlon. Here's my official prediction:

1. Makes roster out of training camp
2. #3 on the depth chart
3. Heads to NFLE next summer.

BOOMER SOONER!

http://www.widewordofsports.com/images/Football/white_jason.jpg

Chest Rockwell
04-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Hop on the bandwagon next to me folks. Jason White is my Rich Scanlon. Here's my official prediction:

1. Makes roster out of training camp
2. #3 on the depth chart
3. Heads to NFLE next summer.

BOOMER SOONER!

My official prediction: Join the Jason White Army, cause you're gonna be a bandwagon of one.

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 04:01 PM
My official prediction: Join the Jason White Army, cause you're gonna be a bandwagon of one.

Fine! I will!

Chest Rockwell
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Fine! I will!

Nicely played.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't know, he seems pretty exceptional at a couple of things:

1) Tearing up his knees.
2) Losing dramatically in the postseason.

as opposed to Green

1.) Tearing up his knees
2.) Losing dramatically before the postseason

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 04:16 PM
as opposed to Green

1.) Tearing up his knees

I'm telling you, there are more similarities between Jason White and Trent Green than there are differences!

Trent Green: 6-3 217
Jason White: 6-3 225

Trent Green: White
Jason White: White

Trent Green: Stud Muffin
Jason White: Stud Muffin

Chest Rockwell
04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
as opposed to Green

1.) Tearing up his knees

No, Green is quite adept at losing dramatically in the postseason as well, and he's only torn up one knee that I'm aware of.

CoMoChief
04-28-2005, 04:30 PM
a superbowl ring and a pro bowl apperance

Tent Green didnt do anything to win that Super Bowl ring. Kurt Warner won it for them remember? Yes Trent was supposed to be the starter, but how can you predict that he would have done as well as Kurt did? You never know. All we know is that Trent didnt start that year and Kurt won it for them. Trent has only been a starter in this league for 5-6 years. Thats why he has a lot of gas in the tank for someone his age.

CoMoChief
04-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Jason White will be better than Todd Collins in a year.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I had fun listening to the Oklahomers all afternoon on 610.

tk13
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
as opposed to Green

1.) Tearing up his knees
That's true. If Green could only be a top 15 quarterback, our defense would've won us some games.

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I had fun listening to the Oklahomers all afternoon on 610.
There are Oklahomers in KC? They like to fly OU flags on their cars and they're extremely dull witted.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 04:44 PM
There are Oklahomers in KC? They like to fly OU flags on their cars and they're extremely dull witted.I don't know about flags on their cars - kinda hard to hear that on the radio - but the 'extremely dull witted' part came through loud and clear.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2005, 04:45 PM
gochiefs, my adopt a Chief is going to be the third stringer.

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 04:47 PM
gochiefs, my adopt a Chief is going to be the third stringer.

White > Kilian

CASHMAN
04-28-2005, 04:47 PM
He is alot better then the kid from TULSA.

CASHMAN.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2005, 04:50 PM
If Kilian was OU's QB, the Sooners would have been two time national champions.

CASHMAN
04-28-2005, 04:56 PM
If Kilian was OU's QB, the Sooners would have been two time national champions.

HA,HA,HA,HA :)

CASHMAN.

Braincase
04-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Note to Fellow Planeteers: If I ever refer to another man as a stud muffin, just beat the crap out of my with irrigation tubing.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2005, 04:59 PM
HA,HA,HA,HA :)

CASHMAN.

Seriousally, if you took a no talent team like Tulsa and lead them to a bowl basically on your back, you are a darn good player.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Note to Fellow Planeteers: If I ever refer to another man as a stud muffin, just beat the crap out of my with irrigation tubing.I wonder what Freud would say about that.

CASHMAN
04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Seriousally, if you took a no talent team like Tulsa and lead them to a bowl basically on your back, you are a darn good player.

Yes he is a good QB but i thank that WHITE is alot better then him that is all, and we will see in a few months.

CASHMAN.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 05:04 PM
In all seriousness, the only chance White has at an NFL career is to go the Trent Green or Rich Gannon route and sit on the bench for years. Because the draft says pretty clearly that no NFL franchise thinks he has a chance.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2005, 06:49 PM
That's true. If Green could only be a top 15 quarterback, our defense would've won us some games.

http://www.riverwolfboats.com/photogallery/photo30497/My%20Big%20Fish.JPG

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 06:58 PM
In all seriousness, the only chance White has at an NFL career is to go the Trent Green or Rich Gannon route and sit on the bench for years. Because the draft says pretty clearly that no NFL franchise thinks he has a chance.
Agreed. Josh Heupel before him won a NC at OU, didn't get drafted and had a "tryout" with a couple of teams. Didn't even make the CFL. I read somewhere the other day that OU found some minor coaching position for him.

dtebbe
04-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Mazzio's must be hiring.

DT

Skip Towne
04-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Mazzio's must be hiring.

DT
I liked that "cheer" that made fun of the XFL. Go team fight, give 'em hell or it's back to Taco Bell.

Count Zarth
04-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Mazzio's must be hiring.

DT

Ugh. I ate there a couple times when I was 12 or 13 and visiting grandmama. ****ing horrible.

milkman
04-28-2005, 07:15 PM

I'm not pimping White, because I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement, nor do I give a rat's ass one way or the other if he ever makes an NFL roster, but the fact is, if the draft were only 7 rounds when Green was drafted, he wouldn't have been drafted either.

He was an 8th round pick, I think.

LiL stumppy
04-28-2005, 08:03 PM
:hail: Jason White

DenverChief
04-28-2005, 08:45 PM

Sounds like some of the stuff said about Flutie

suds79
04-28-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm by no means an OU fan but I still can't understand why White didn't get drafted.

Yes he's had knee problems but I think we've seen enough of him to know that's behind him.

And he can throw the deep ball about as good as any college QB I've seen recently. He's accurate. What more do people want?

What am I missing?

Lbedrock1
04-28-2005, 08:54 PM
My friend just got off the plane with Jason White and he is here to try out for the Chiefs. I am assuming he will be attending the mini camp this weekend. I saw the other thread about White but started this one to confirm that he is here. Thoughts?

I know he has bad knee probs....he was never able to make if over the hump in the National Championship game either. He had some impressive games in the past two seasons though.

Perterson Likes White. Durng the after draft interview he cut off Vermel who was saying Whites was not good enough to play in the NFL. Karl said that he respected white and that he hope he would get a chance in the NFL and now he is in KC.

Chieficus
04-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm by no means an OU fan but I still can't understand why White didn't get drafted.

Yes he's had knee problems but I think we've seen enough of him to know that's behind him.

And he can throw the deep ball about as good as any college QB I've seen recently. He's accurate. What more do people want?

What am I missing?

The "intangables" are one thing... He was an EXCELLENT college QB when the pressure was off and he could just sit back and do his thing, hence the Heisman and the shot at a second, as well as two undefeated "regular" seasons and a shot at two NCs. However, put pressure on him and force him into a come-from-behind type of environment where a ton is riding upon perfect play from him, and he crumbles.

And I'm an OU grad who loves my school and Sooner Football... I like White except for bowl-game play and would love to see him beat out the guys for the #3 spot on the team... BUT... I don't have much conidence in that happening....

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm not pimping White, because I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement, nor do I give a rat's ass one way or the other if he ever makes an NFL roster, but the fact is, if the draft were only 7 rounds when Green was drafted, he wouldn't have been drafted either.

He was an 8th round pick, I think.I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that the Patriots drafted Gannon in the 4th round to play DB.

I'm not sure what the relevance of that knowledge is to the discussion or the point I was making. :shrug:

Uncle Fester
04-28-2005, 09:51 PM
I wonder what Freud would say about that.
I could care less what Freud would have said! White is a pussy when it counts.

ROYC75
04-28-2005, 09:52 PM
And somewhere I heard we landed on the moon .

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I could care less what Freud would have said! White is a pussy when it counts.Uhm. Yeah. Okay.

I guess it didn't come across that I don't think White's an NFL calibre Qb. I suppose "Oklahomers" and a statement that he'd have to go the Trent Green/Rich Gannon roster-by-attrition route wasn't obvious enough.

PastorMikH
04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Perterson Likes White. Durng the after draft interview he cut off Vermel who was saying Whites was not good enough to play in the NFL. Karl said that he respected white and that he hope he would get a chance in the NFL and now he is in KC.

A local (OK City) radio station today reported White was heading to KC but they made it clear that he was going as a Free Agent to work out and that IF he made a good enough showing that there could be a chance of a contract. The station said pretty much the same thing as the quote above. DV isn't much on White, I guess DV has pretty much made that known with numerous comments.

Personally, I'm not too high on White. He's got a good arm, but the injuries and his ability to fold in clutch situations bothers me.

Uncle Fester
04-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Uhm. Yeah. Okay.

I guess it didn't come across that I don't think White's an NFL calibre Qb. I suppose "Oklahomers" and a statement that he'd have to go the Trent Green/Rich Gannon roster-by-attrition route wasn't obvious enough.

Sorry my dear sir!!!!!! Obviously I was mistaken! I was cross adressing several websites and ****ed up! Don't be so crass and take it so seriously!

You are obviously the know all end all! I bow before you! Please don't have me publicly executed!

Lzen
04-29-2005, 04:12 PM
White > Kilian

Not according to Vermeil. DV said that White didnt' have an NFL arm. Said Killian would've done as well or better with that kind of talent around him that White had.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Word out of the facility today is that Killian looked pretty good. White did not.

Count Zarth
04-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Not according to Vermeil. DV said that White didnt' have an NFL arm. Said Killian would've done as well or better with that kind of talent around him that White had.

DV is FOS.

philfree
04-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Sounds like some of the stuff said about Flutie

I heard on ESPN Radio that Flutie has signed with Patriots.

PhilFree:arrow:

CoMoChief
04-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Word out of the facility today is that Killian looked pretty good. White did not.

Where in the hell did you hear that?

Brock
04-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Where in the hell did you hear that?

Not what you wanted to hear, I take it. Sorry.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Where in the hell did you hear that?On both 610 and 810.

And relax, one day of rookie camp doesn't exactly mean a whole lot.

CoMoChief
04-29-2005, 04:32 PM
He said BOTH of them didnt do that well of a job.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 04:43 PM
He said BOTH of them didnt do that well of a job.If by "He" you mean Vermeil, he didn't say that. He said White "did fine" and didn't say anything specific about Killian. It's other people who were on scene, media people, who mentioned that White did not look sharp and that Killian looked better. But you have to take all of it in context for what it was, a rookie workout where nobody really knows what they're doing, QBs or receivers.