PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference File

Chief Nathan
12-29-2000, 11:46 AM
What the hell happen to the open file about the press conference????I just came back from lunch and it is gone?

[This message has been edited by jl80 (edited 12-29-2000).]

milkman
12-29-2000, 11:47 AM
It was deleted by the admin as a favor to Mark, there is no press conf. Mark was mistaken, heard wrong, or something.

Stingie D
12-29-2000, 11:47 AM
There was no press conference it was a hoax!

TEX
12-29-2000, 11:48 AM
In cattle country, it is know as"BULL$H!T", so i think they took it down at mark's request. ;)

we all goof once in a while.

------------------
"Anyone who wouldn't cheat for a poke, doesn't want one bad enough."[i] Augustus McCray</I>

Chief Nathan
12-29-2000, 11:51 AM
Well gawd damn it...I thought we were going to end this year with some cheerful news...I guess that is too much to ask...

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

BigChiefsFan
12-29-2000, 11:57 AM
I f*cked up and heard something wrong. I took some DayQuill this morning, so I'm blaming it on that! :D

Rick--
I don't like to stir up sh!t, but that's what I unwittingly did. I wish I could come up with a hoax that hopeful!

Hell, I even told Packfan this morning I'd give him a break...I think I've finally lost it!

MM
~~Just ignore me...I obviously don't know sh!t.

------------------
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
--George W. Bush

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-29-2000).]

Warrior5
12-29-2000, 11:57 AM
[b]BUGGER!!!</B>

ChiTown
12-29-2000, 11:58 AM
Mark, Dayquill doesn't give you a buzz. That's why it's Dayquill http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

TEX
12-29-2000, 11:59 AM
mark,

don't sweat it, maybe the medicine has triggered an allergic reaction, causing a cranial-rectal inversion :D ...which could explain your "muffled hearing"

------------------
"Anyone who wouldn't cheat for a poke, doesn't want one bad enough."[i] Augustus McCray</I>

BigChiefsFan
12-29-2000, 11:59 AM
alan--
When you're 6'1" and 135lbs, yes it does! :D

MM
~~Cheap date.

Chief Nathan
12-29-2000, 12:04 PM
MM,

Sounds like you need to increase your protein and hit the weights before one of those Midwestern winds blows you off the map.

------------------

BigChiefsFan
12-29-2000, 12:09 PM
jl--
Been there, done that, didn't work. The only protein shake that put any weight on my pencil-like frame was Guiness! :D Too bad I still only gained ten pounds.

Now I just wear heavy shoes.

MM
~~A very thin, and obviously deaf, man.

------------------
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
--George W. Bush

milkman
12-29-2000, 12:16 PM
MM- That is a very scary picture. I was 135 in HS at 5'8" and had to gain weight because I was too small. Of course now I wish I could stop the process http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

BigChiefsFan
12-29-2000, 12:23 PM
morph--
You have no idea what I've had to go through (or you might...). I've been the same weight (give or take 5-10 pounds) since I was a freshman in high school. Being thin can be just as bad as being overweight, except it's a little harder to fight! That's one reason for my sense of humour. It's saved my a$$ more than once. I'm glad I can laugh about it now.

But just once I wish I was big and muscular. There are a few folks I'd like to confront!

MM
~~a.k.a. Stick Boy

------------------
--George W. Bush

milkman
12-29-2000, 12:32 PM
MM - It was a fight for me to keep weight as a Junior/Senior in HS, I dropped down to 129 or 126 can't really remember which, and really don't like to admit it. This was while I was working out, on the Tennis team and working at the bowling ally. So, basically, I do understand your pain. Of course my matabilism changed when I was 24 and now I really must start losing weight, which I can tell you sucks more then trying to gain weight.

Stingie D
12-29-2000, 12:42 PM
Mark,

I believe you intentions were good but that it's possible that someone on the radio was playing games.

BigChiefsFan
12-29-2000, 12:50 PM
morph--
I'm 29 and still waiting. Although I find it amazing that I b!tch about how thin I am when so many people have the opposite problem. I should be very grateful.

My wife, who can cook her a$$ off (she makes my mom look incompetent...very hard to do) is happy because she can wear my khakis to work! But she does feel like she needs to fatten me up a bit. I guess it's a woman thing.

MM
~~Glad someone else can relate.

------------------
--George W. Bush

milkman
12-29-2000, 01:03 PM
MM - I knew things were getting bad for me on the heavy side when a waiter a BW3's asked if I was the director/actor Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob.

TEX
12-29-2000, 01:07 PM
mark,

i was pretty much always the "smallest" kid in my class from elementary on...I was about 5'8 and wrestled 119 and 125...but actually thought i was pretty 'stout'....and was definitely scrappy enough, i didn't get picked on..I have alot of stomoch/ulcer trouble and can't eat much, so gaining weight was a challenge.

I started going to the gym about 4 years ago...1st day weighed 133 and was 23years old. I started eating tuna and peanut butter sandwiches during the day and chicken breasts and eggs, taking Creatine, and lifting 4 days a week....the gym I was going to closed about 3 months ago, but i was weighing in closer to 170...

It takes time, and lifting hard(not going through the motions, the last ones that hurt, bring the results).....and eating right, with some supliments, and you will put on some beef...

------------------

Chief Nathan
12-29-2000, 01:10 PM
MM,

I'm sure you thought the grass was greener when you were in school, but it is a tremendous characteristic to have at our age...At 29 years old I'm 5'11" and 205 lbs with about 8% body fat but I unfortunately have to bust my hump 6 days a week for about 1 1/2 a day to do that...I was blessed with the genetics to bulk up and put on muscle mass but those same genetics also allow me to pour on the lbs around the waist if I don't eat nearly perfect and work my *** off...I am a spit and image of my old man and he is 6 foot and over 3 hundy...If I didn't get in the gym every day I would be right there with him...I would trade places with you in a heart beat...

------------------

BigChiefsFan
12-29-2000, 01:36 PM
Iowa--
Thanks for the advice. The problem is that I have to be careful lifting weights because of my back. I had been having lots of problems and was just recently diagnosed with scoliosis (curving of the spine). I can lift a little, but can't really go nuts.

I appreciate all of the advice from everyone. I guess I'll just have to be happy with who I am (which I am...especially now that I'm married. It was tough finding dates in crowds full of "manly men." Too bad I couldn't just show them in public that most of my weight was "centrally" located...TMI, I know. :D )

morph--
LOL!! Hey, I could think of worse people to be confused with!!

I'm outta here guys! Have a good one!

MM
~~Getting ready to get his drink on.

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-29-2000).]