PDA

View Full Version : Any other Siavii fans out there?

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2005, 09:17 PM
I think he is going to surprise a lot of people here and have a big year.

Dave Lane
04-28-2005, 09:19 PM
No. Logical says he lacks leg strength so i have to go with him.

Dave

Logical
04-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Not me, but I hope I am wrong.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't know that I'd wager on it, but it wouldn't surprise me, either. It also wouldn't suprise me to see Sims have a huge year. But I thought that would happen in '04, and it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Anyway, I believe the infusion of free agent talent could lead to some a real jump in play from some of the people who've disappointed us in the not-so-distant past. I'm really looking forward to seeing the team on the field.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2005, 09:24 PM
No. Logical says he lacks leg strength so i have to go with him.

Dave

He did shit for weight training before he arrived. I am sure they have been on him since he arrived and having been in the gym most of my life I have yet to see an islander not be able to have scary strength once they were training consistantly. Maybe he is the exception but I hope that is not the case you gotta have a motor.

jspchief
04-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Not sure I'd say I'm a fan, but I am still holding out hope for him.

tk13
04-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm not really expecting him to be the great Samoan hope, but I don't think we'll really know for another couple years.

Logical
04-28-2005, 09:26 PM
He did shit for weight training before he arrived. I am sure they have been on him since he arrived and having been in the gym most of my life I have yet to see an islander not be able to have scary strength once they were training consistantly. Maybe he is the exception but I hope that is not the case you gotta have a motor.

Troy, the kid has tremendous upper body strength, that is well documented as well as his deficiencies in lower body strength.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't know that I'd wager on it, but it wouldn't surprise me, either. It also wouldn't suprise me to see Sims have a huge year. But I thought that would happen in '04, and it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Anyway, I believe the infusion of free agent talent could lead to some a real jump in play from some of the people who've disappointed us in the not-so-distant past. I'm really looking forward to seeing the team on the field.

Sims / Contract year
Siavii / 2nd year in with a lot more weight training

This could be a beautiful thing. Both these guys step up this year combined with what we brought in for the D and nobody will be making fun of our D anymore.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Troy, the kid has tremendous upper body strength, that is well documented as well as his deficiencies in lower body strength.

I read that he never lifted until his last year at Oregon.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Troy, the kid has tremendous upper body strength, that is well documented as well as his deficiencies in lower body strength.You're passing on year-old information in the present tense.

Logical
04-28-2005, 09:32 PM
You're passing on year-old information in the present tense.

Fair statement, but I have been searching the web on him and I find nothing about him taking on any serious offseason weight training. Anybody have any links to updated info?

tk13
04-28-2005, 09:34 PM
You're passing on year-old information in the present tense.
That may be, but when Howard Dean is elected president he'll prevent that.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Fair statement, but I have been searching the web on him and I find nothing about him taking on any serious offseason weight training. Anybody have any links to updated info?

If he hasn't been consistantly training nothing will change, I hope that is not the case. I am ASSuming that he trained hard in the off season with his big contract and all. If he has he will have a breakout year.

keg in kc
04-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Fair statement, but I have been searching the web on him and I find nothing about him taking on any serious offseason weight training. Anybody have any links to updated info?I haven't heard his name mentioned at all by anyone. I would imagine, however, he's been weight training for at least the past few weeks, along with the rest of the team. I think if he wasn't working out, Vermeil would have mentioned it; he certainly isn't shy about outting the few players who aren't in town (Gonzalez/Holmes). I think it's safe to assume if the team felt he was deficient in the areas you mention, they'd have him working on that. But that's only an assumption...

suds79
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
He better have a big year.

The guy is 344 lbs. I think we'd all be thrilled if he just held his ground most of the time and occasionally pushed a guy back into the QBs lap.

With is physical tools and size, I don't think that's asking too much.

philfree
04-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Siavii didn't hardly have a chance to get into the swing of things last year since his schools graduation kept him out of the mini camps. And then the leg whip injury slowed his progress even more. If he goes through the whole off season program(Weight tranning, mini camps and then training camp.) and stays healthy I think he should play much better.

PhilFree:arrow:

Iowanian
04-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm just holding out Hope.

philfree
04-28-2005, 10:08 PM

Have you found anything about any players and how they're working out this offseason? Do your searches find very much stuff like that?

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2005, 10:12 PM
SIAVII FEV--UH, POWA!!

MadMax
04-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Sims / Contract year

This could be a beautiful thing. Both these guys step up this year combined with what we brought in for the D and nobody will be making fun of our D anymore.

That would definately be a good thing.... :thumb: :toast:

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Have you found anything about any players and how they're working out this offseason? Do your searches find very much stuff like that?

I was thinking the same thing. Other than Woods I haven't heard shit.

philfree
04-28-2005, 10:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Other than Woods I haven't heard shit.

I can't imagine that every player who lifts a dumbell in the offseason gets that info put on the net. I don't believe that searches would find much info like that. When we have our first mini camp we'll get some info on who's been working and who ain't. Maybe Gun will call some of his players "Jellyfish".

Bwana
04-28-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't know why, but I have a feeling he is going to step it up and have a big year.

Logical
04-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Sims has supposedly been working out at team facilities as has Woods. Supposedly Wesley has been using a trainer. Trent has been working with Boe and Parker. Gonzo has been running and rehabbing from his surgery. There have been some discussion about Priest making good progress on his rehab. Barber has not recovered enough to workout at all and is a real doubt for this season. I read that Fujita came through his surgery well and should be able to work by the time training camp starts. I have not been able to find any news on Maz so I assume that means no progress. Roaf is supposed to be having excellent drills this offseason. Shields has not been working at all to rest his arthritic knees.

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

go bowe
04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
He did shit for weight training before he arrived. I am sure they have been on him since he arrived and having been in the gym most of my life I have yet to see an islander not be able to have scary strength once they were training consistantly. Maybe he is the exception but I hope that is not the case you gotta have a motor.i'm pulling for junior...

my wife is samoan, and she's probably related to him somehow or another (apparently, all samoans are related one way or another, according to my wife)...

and i agree with you that as an islander, junior should soon be exhibiting that scary strength once the effects of an nfl conditioning and weight program kick in... (to say nothing of nfl calibre nutrition)..

i think he will be one of our most improved players this coming season...

i think junior, jelly, and yes, even sims should be major contributors this season, particularly with all the help they're going to be getting from bell, surtain, knight and hopefully, johnson...

philfree
04-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Sims has supposedly been working out at team facilities as has Woods. Supposedly Wesley has been using a trainer. Trent has been working with Boe and Parker. Gonzo has been running and rehabbing from his surgery. There have been some discussion about Priest making good progress on his rehab. Barber has not recovered enough to workout at all and is a real doubt for this season. I read that Fujita came through his surgery well and should be able to work by the time training camp starts. I have not been able to find any news on Maz so I assume that means no progress. Roaf is supposed to be having excellent drills this offseason. Shields has not been working at all to rest his arthritic knees.

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

I get my info from the Chiefs,The Star, ESPN and The Planet. Alot of the stuff you post there sounds vaguely familiar. Did you find that info by doing a search or is it possible that some of your memories came from the basic sources I listed?

Logical
04-28-2005, 11:22 PM
I get my info from the Chiefs,The Star, ESPN and The Planet. Alot of the stuff you post there sounds vaguely familiar. Did you find that info by doing a search or is it possible that some of your memories came from the basic sources I listed?

What you don't think search engines find articles from those sources? What is your point?

philfree
04-28-2005, 11:29 PM
What you don't think search engines find articles from those sources? What is your point?

What I am getting at is are you doing searches on players and getting info from different sources then the ones I mentioned? If there's info out there that I'm missing about players from other sources then the usual then I want to tap them.

Logical
04-28-2005, 11:33 PM
What I am getting at is are you doing searches on players and getting info from different sources then the ones I mentioned? If there's info out there that I'm missing about players from other sources then the usual then I want to tap them.

Sometimes, mostly articles come from midwestern sources that the search engine taps. I use mainly google. Occasionally you will get hits on CBSSportsline, ESPN etc, but not all that often.

philfree
04-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Sometimes, mostly articles come from midwestern sources that the search engine taps. I use mainly google. Occasionally you will get hits on CBSSportsline, ESPN etc, but not all that often.

So your searches usually tap KCChiefs.com, The Star and the Wichita Eagle or whatever it's called? Probably just a regurgitation from the basix sources.....I never saw anything about Sims specifically that I can recall though. Just as long as he's not "like a jellyfish" it's all good.

yoswif
04-29-2005, 06:03 AM
Maybe player agents should do a better job getting out information about their clients offseason workout schedule. It might be worth a few bucks down the road if a players offseason work habits or rehab efforts are well known and well documented.

I hope Siavii's emergence at left tackle allows Sims to shift back to right tackle, where he enjoyed great success in college playing next to a top pass rusher.

Kyle401
04-29-2005, 08:15 AM
I don't think we'll really know for another couple years.

Siavii would have to be considered at least a partial bust if he waits 2 more years to break out. He will be 27 this November.

Hoover
04-29-2005, 08:19 AM
I think putting a good MLB behind our young DTs will show their worth. DTs have a dirty job, not much glory. The MLB should be the one flying in to make the stop, the DTs just plug the hole.

Tuckdaddy
04-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Junior will be picking up his game this year.

dtrain
04-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Sims / Contract year

Saw in another post that this is not Sim's contract year. So he will suck again. From what I saw of Siavii I believe he is going to be a player. Him and Dalton should be the starting tackles then find 2 solid guys to rotate and we will be set.

Chiefnj
04-29-2005, 08:29 AM
I think he's going to need another year. Hopefully he won't get blocked low and from behind again this year, but we do open up against the Broncs.

Chief Henry
04-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Sims / Contract year

My thoughts exactly Big Daddy. I'm hoping that this Siavii becomes
a Buck Buchanon type hulk in the middle.

RedNFeisty
04-29-2005, 09:46 AM
BD, I am with you. I think Siavii will certainly step up and be force to be reckoned with and he will do it this year!!

Idahored
04-29-2005, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Vlad Logicslav]Sims has supposedly been working out at team facilities as has Woods. Supposedly Wesley has been using a trainer. QUOTE]

I think you have that backwards. Woods has been working out with a speed/trainer to get back the speed he had before broken leg.

Here is part of an article:
Woods brainstormed with agent Jimmy Sexton, and they settled on having Woods work with a speed coach. They found one in Memphis in Orlando McKay, who in the early '90s went to camp with the Packers as a wide receiver.

Four times a week, Woods and McKay head to a Memphis gym or track. There, they break down his stride and reconstruct it.

“Sitting out that year with a broken leg, it's almost like you have to learn how to walk again before you can run,” Woods said. “I feel like I'm still walking right now. I've got to learn to run again.”

Woods was serious enough about working with McKay that he skipped the first week of the Chiefs' offseason conditioning program in Kansas City. Woods said he planned to alternate weeks between Memphis and Kansas City.

Woods eager to make impact after woeful 2004
Published on April 4, 2005, Page C1, Kansas City Star, The (MO)

AirForceChief
04-29-2005, 12:47 PM
He is by far my odds on favorite for "improving the roster from within" for the defensive side of the football...on the offensive side I'll lay my money on Kris Wilson.

Chief Faithful
04-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking this will be Sims and Kawika's breakout year with Siavii to follow next year.

Siavii at times looked like a man among boys last year, but it was obvious he needed to learns to use his hands. I think it will take another year to learn the skills he will need to dominate.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2005, 01:35 PM
if Sims and/or Siavi would at least be a respectable player that would be a big boost

HemiEd
04-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I have a very optimistic view of him. I do not feel he was given enough playing time last year to fully develop and reach his potential. How much college FB did he have, 2 years? :harumph:

BIG_DADDY
04-29-2005, 04:26 PM
I have a very optimistic view of him. I do not feel he was given enough playing time last year to fully develop and reach his potential. How much college FB did he have, 2 years? :harumph:

I think the 2 years is about right. If he trained hard in the offseason it could be a very big year for him.

HemiEd
04-29-2005, 04:36 PM
I think the 2 years is about right. If he trained hard in the offseason it could be a very big year for him.

If a person looks at his history he has always been able to overcome adversity and pretty much "over-achieve." I like this kind of player, Maz is one of them IMO. It is the players that have everything going for them and get lazy that I do not like. I hope Sims does not end up in that catagory.