PDA

View Full Version : If 'The Office' is cancelled, you can blame these 5000 people.

Kclee
04-29-2005, 09:32 AM
http://www.nielsenmedia.com/whatratingsmean/

How does Nielsen Media Research know who is watching?
The way that Nielsen Media Research finds out about who is watching is to measure what a sample of television viewers are watching. For our national ratings estimates, we use a sample of more than 5,000 households, containing over 13,000 people who have agreed to participate. Since there are over 99 million households with TVs in the U.S., it might seem that a sample of 5,000 is just not big enough to represent the nation.

I was wondering how it was known that 14 million people watched CSI, or that The Office wasn't doing so good ratings wise. Some people don't have cable, some do. Some people have DISH, some Direct TV. I never knew how it worked. Now I know how some really great shows (like Family Guy, thank God it's back next week) get cancelled. I want to be apart of those 5000 so that my shows would never get cancelled.

carlos3652
04-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I thought you said it was cancelled, I was freaking out...

Rain Man
04-29-2005, 09:34 AM
I would blame bwana.

I've been randomly selected for the Nielson thing. They tell you to keep a diary of the exact shows that you watch over a certain time period. I said 'heck with that' and just said that I watched all of the shows that I like.

Iowanian
04-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Blame Iowanian. I think it sucks too.

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 09:35 AM
If a stupid, s**tty show gets cancelled in the woods and nobody was watching it did anyone hear it scream?

KCTitus
04-29-2005, 09:36 AM
I actually got a Nielsen survey a couple of years ago where we had to chart all of the shows we watched in this log and then mail it back to Nielsen.

That was during the time of the XFL...I watched and logged it.

It obviously didnt help the XFL.

|Zach|
04-29-2005, 09:37 AM
In one of my Mass Media classes the teacher was talking about how in the old days you could have a rough gage of weather alot of people were watching some big event on TV becuase during the commercials people would get up and go to the bathroom thus having a huge effect on the water pressure from everyone flushing at around the same tme. I found that interesting.

Kyle401
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
In one of my Mass Media classes the teacher was talking about how in the old days you could have a rough gage of weather alot of people were watching some big event on TV becuase during the commercials people would get up and go to the bathroom thus having a huge effect on the water pressure from everyone flushing at around the same tme. I found that interesting.

If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down.

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
I saw some show a couple of years back talking about that water pressure thing at halftime during the Super Bowl. They interviewed somebody at the water district who said it was BS.

whoman69
04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Nobody would be able to keep their shows on TV as you keep the logbook for only one week. I have done it twice for my family. They also ask who your cable/sat provider is if applicable. Its actually kind of a pain, having to mark down the programs your kids watch and tracking so many TVs in the house.

Cochise
04-29-2005, 09:44 AM
What is the office?

dilligaf
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
ROFL I can hear the big flush on this turd now!

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 09:53 AM
What is the office?
Quite possibly one of the dumbest shows ever run. It has flop written all over it. I watched the first episode and never even smiled once. It is simply not funny. At all. Hell, it's not even offensive to anyone.

The other sure sign that it will be a gigantic flop is the rabid following it has.

Hoover
04-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Blame Iowanian. I think it sucks too.
ditto

Kyle401
04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
I'll join the Office sucks bandwagon. I only watched the first 2-5 minutes of the first episode, but I was already so bored I never watched it again.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 10:37 AM
You know, I'm not even the most rabid fan of the US version, since I'll always have the UK ones to fall back on and laugh at endlessly if this one gets cancelled. I also didn't expect America to catch on, since a three-camera sitcom with a laugh track and extremely hackneyed "humor" or reality shows showing extremely pointless situations is apparently more the nation's style.

But anyone who watched five minutes and flipped it off? You're 'tarted.

Ari Chi3fs
04-29-2005, 10:38 AM
you would think with all the cable boxes out there, that this could be gauged precisely.

jspchief
04-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Personally, I love it. But I can see how others would hate it. It's one of those shows that if you recommended it to 20 friends, 10 would love it, and the other 10 would look at you like you were retarded.

picasso
04-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Hey now you have to let these characters develope a little before you slam it. And actually they already have, quite quickly I might add. I don't think it's a bad show. At least it doesn't have a disturbing laugh track like many lame comedys I can't remember.
To talk of shows that suck, what about Cold Case, JAG, ER or West Wing? IT ALL SUCKS!!! Drama my arse.

dilligaf
04-29-2005, 10:44 AM
But anyone who watched five minutes and flipped it off? You're 'tarted.[/QUOTE]
At least I didnt waste a whole half hour on that sh!t.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Too bad you're 'tarted.

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 10:49 AM
I'll join the Office sucks bandwagon. I only watched the first 2-5 minutes of the first episode, but I was already so bored I never watched it again.
I know what you mean. I read the first page of 'Ulysses' and decided it sucked and anyone who thought it was quality literature was a pretentious liar.

Kclee
04-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Well, I hope it stays. I don't have too many shows that make me laugh like that. This, Scrubs, Adult Swim, and Seinfeld. And used to be News Radio. I can't even find reruns of that anymore.

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 10:50 AM
You never heard of Nielsen ratings before? I learned about that stuff when I was a kid.

I don't know how much the process has changed over the years, but it used to be a real pain in the ass to be a Nielsen household. Basically everyone had diaries they had to log all their TV watching habits in.

Iowanian
04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I watched 2 full episodes, and I don't think I grinned once, let alone laughed. I'm not a tough audience.

I think scrubs is great.......but I don't get Adult swim.

dilligaf
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Too bad you're 'tarted.
Ouch. Stop it. Your going to hurt my feelin......snore.

Lzen
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I haven't even heard of The Office. What network carries it?

I've done the Arbitron radio ratings twice (just finished up one this week) but never Nielson TV ratings. They have you fill out a log for the week, too.

shakesthecat
04-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I watched 2 full episodes, and I don't think I grinned once, let alone laughed. I'm not a tough audience.

Same here.
Pamela Anderson's new show (while still lame) was better than that snoozefest.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, I hope it stays. I don't have too many shows that make me laugh like that. This, Scrubs, Adult Swim, and Seinfeld. And used to be News Radio. I can't even find reruns of that anymore.All of the shows (or programming blocks, in the case of [as]) you listed above are quality. Your sense of humor gets Psicosis' Seal of Approval™.

Also, check out Arrested Development when reruns come on FOX this summer, and also check out season three (because there, um, might be one). Or just rent the DVDs. Best show on television, and right up almost anyone who likes The Office's alley, I would imagine.

JimNasium
04-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I actually got a Nielsen survey a couple of years ago where we had to chart all of the shows we watched in this log and then mail it back to Nielsen.

That was during the time of the XFL...I watched and logged it.

It obviously didnt help the XFL.
Did that XFL thing even happen? It seems like it was some sort of bizzaro dream or something.

Kclee
04-29-2005, 11:00 AM
You never heard of Nielsen ratings before? I learned about that stuff when I was a kid.

I don't know how much the process has changed over the years, but it used to be a real pain in the ass to be a Nielsen household. Basically everyone had diaries they had to log all their TV watching habits in.

Heard of them, just never cared to really figure out how it actually worked until now. I don't know, maybe I was taught that as a kid as well. And that diary does sound like a pain.

dilligaf
04-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Well, I hope it stays. I don't have too many shows that make me laugh like that. This, Scrubs, Adult Swim, and Seinfeld. And used to be News Radio. I can't even find reruns of that anymore.
Scrubs and Seinfeld are great. And News Radio was preatty good also.

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
You know, I'm not even the most rabid fan of the US version, since I'll always have the UK ones to fall back on and laugh at endlessly if this one gets cancelled. I also didn't expect America to catch on, since a three-camera sitcom with a laugh track and extremely hackneyed "humor" or reality shows showing extremely pointless situations is apparently more the nation's style.

But anyone who watched five minutes and flipped it off? You're 'tarted.
I love it when people get all upitty and promote the theory that they're so smart they get something the rest of us don't. It's only improved on when they go all European on your ass...

ROFL

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 11:06 AM
but I don't get Adult swim.

It's cause you're old and unhip.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, gramps.

Kclee
04-29-2005, 11:17 AM
All of the shows (or programming blocks, in the case of [as]) you listed above are quality. Your sense of humor gets Psicosis' Seal of Approval™.

Also, check out Arrested Development when reruns come on FOX this summer, and also check out season three (because there, um, might be one). Or just rent the DVDs. Best show on television, and right up almost anyone who likes The Office's alley, I would imagine.

I'll have to check Arrested Development out. Heard plenty of good things about it, just never knew when it was on.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I love it when people get all upitty and promote the theory that they're so smart they get something the rest of us don't. It's only improved on when they go all European on your ass...

ROFLI'm decidedly un-uppity. You just don't have the mental acuity necessary to enjoy a show of such a hilarious nature. Sorry. It must suck being unable to be entertained by wonderful works of art due to your own mind's failings.

Kyle401
04-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I know what you mean. I read the first page of 'Ulysses' and decided it sucked and anyone who thought it was quality literature was a pretentious liar.

I didn't think that the commercial preview looked all that great, but I gave the show a shot (albeit a small one). Nothing I have seen in any of their teasers has enticed me to try it again. Sorry, just not my show. The only shows I watch regularly are Scrubs and Without a Trace.

For the record, I have never read Ulysses so I will take heed of your review and continue to avoid it. Wouldn't want to get thrown in with the "pretentious liar" crowd.

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 12:01 PM
I didn't think that the commercial preview looked all that great, but I gave the show a shot (albeit a small one). Nothing I have seen in any of their teasers has enticed me to try it again. Sorry, just not my show. The only shows I watch regularly are Scrubs and Without a Trace.

For the record, I have never read Ulysses so I will take heed of your review and continue to avoid it. Wouldn't want to get thrown in with the "pretentious liar" crowd.
If you get a chance, watch the episode where Dwight picks the health care package. That's the best of the bunch and if you don't like that episode, you won't like the show.

One thing to keep in mind is that the humor is dry. That is, the scenes are not played for laughs. It's the absurdity of the situation that provides the humor. Don't expect Kramer to bust through the door and strut around while the studio audience laughs at his goofiness. Think Spinal Tap.

seclark
04-29-2005, 12:13 PM
i did the ratings thing a couple months back. took the $5 they sent me and bought a 40oz bottle of miller light and a dolly madison apple pie.

i watched the craziest $hit i could for a week.
sec

Kclee
04-29-2005, 12:13 PM
If you get a chance, watch the episode where Dwight picks the health care package.

Ha Ha, very funny. Who made this one up... Anal Fissure.

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Ha Ha, very funny. Who made this one up... Anal Fissure.
"If you mean "vagina", then yes I want that covered."
"I thought you had a hysterectomy?"
"That was my uterus that was removed; I still have my vagina."
[Dwight looks doubtful.]

KCTitus
04-29-2005, 12:22 PM
That was a good one...I loved the part where Dwight calls the district manager asking permission to fire Jim after he locked him in the conference room.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Government-created killer nano-robot infection?

Mr. Laz
04-29-2005, 12:36 PM
i don't see why Nielson's can't get a better sample with all of the boxes that people use now.

cable boxes,ReplayTv boxes,Tivo boxes

you'd think they could incorporate some anonymous statistics from them and get a better gauge on which shows people were watching.

as long as it's anonymous, i don't see an issue

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Might be too anonymous, Laz.

Part of the deal with the current system is they can report on what the 14 year old girl in the house in watching versus the 50 year old man.

It's not enough to just know what's being watched, advertisers wanna know who is watching it.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 12:43 PM
i don't see why Nielson's can't get a better sample with all of the boxes that people use now.

cable boxes,ReplayTv boxes,Tivo boxes

you'd think they could incorporate some anonymous statistics from them and get a better gauge on which shows people were watching.

as long as it's anonymous, i don't see an issueIf I could fill out my demographic information and opt-in to a system like that, I would.

|Zach|
04-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Did that XFL thing even happen? It seems like it was some sort of bizzaro dream or something.
ROFL

I went to an XFL playoff game in LA.

InChiefsHell
04-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Quite possibly one of the dumbest shows ever run. It has flop written all over it. I watched the first episode and never even smiled once. It is simply not funny. At all. Hell, it's not even offensive to anyone.

The other sure sign that it will be a gigantic flop is the rabid following it has.

Honestly, I have never bothered. The previews don't even look funny. Glad I was right...

...of course I know that the fans of the show will be here in force shortly, chastising me for decided it was bad without even watching it...

...to which I reply, hey, I don't need to eat shit to know that I won't like it...

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 01:00 PM
ROFL

I went to an XFL playoff game in LA.I went to all five Maniax home games, and enjoyed them quite a bit. The game against Chicago was a great one. Druckenmiller carried the team on his back to the win.

They ****ed up so many things on the TV side, especially early on, but it was fun.

|Zach|
04-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I went to all five Maniax home games, and enjoyed them quite a bit. The game against Chicago was a great one. Druckenmiller carried the team on his back to the win.

They ****ed up so many things on the TV side, especially early on, but it was fun.
I had a really fun time.

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 01:13 PM
you people and your napolean dynimate, fry boxes talking, and other stupid shit like that. That shit is not funny. You just want to be "cool" or whatever and say OH YOU DON'T watch that show? Oh well it's your a ****ing idiot. **** off losers the shows are funny your not funny and your going to hell

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
you people and your napolean dynimate, fry boxes talking, and other stupid shit like that. That shit is not funny. You just want to be "cool" or whatever and say OH YOU DON'T watch that show? Oh well it's your a ****ing idiot. **** off losers the shows are funny your not funny and your going to hell. Gotta go, Matlock's on.
Fixed your post. ;)

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Honestly, I have never bothered. The previews don't even look funny. Glad I was right...

...of course I know that the fans of the show will be here in force shortly, chastising me for decided it was bad without even watching it...

...to which I reply, hey, I don't need to eat shit to know that I won't like it...
Oh I agree. It took just one look at Alice Cooper to know he was a wannabe pvssy. :thumb:

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I am sick and ****ing tired of these loser old navy wearing posers with thier stupid cell phones all damn day. Your a fag your not funny. Yeah spike up year hair alittle more dipshit maybe you can go to fag to outright ****ing flaming

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 01:19 PM
I am sick and ****ing tired of these loser old navy wearing posers with thier stupid cell phones all damn day. Your a Rump Ranger your not funny. Yeah spike up year hair alittle more dipshit maybe you can go to Rump Ranger to outright ****ing flaming
It's you're.

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 01:22 PM
damn missouri western degree

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 01:25 PM
damn missouri western degree
Fuggin Griffons!!!

ROFL ROFL

Simplex3
you people and your napolean dynimate, fry boxes talking, and other stupid shit like that. That shit is not funny. You just want to be "cool" or whatever and say OH YOU DON'T watch that show? Oh well it's your a ****ing idiot. **** off losers the shows are funny your not funny and your going to hell
I dislike the Office, but this post is kinda funny. Wonder why that is? :shrug:

Kclee

Dude, you can say whatever to me, but I'll be damned if I sit here and let you talk sh*t about Frylock.

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Dude, you can say whatever to me, but I'll be damned if I sit here and let you talk sh*t about Frylock.

aqua teen is ****ing retarded. If you think that show is funny than your a mornic loser and you should be thankfun no one has killed you yet

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
aqua teen is ****ing retarded. If you think that show is funny than your a mornic loser and you should be thankfun no one has killed you yetI know I'm definitely a mornic loser.

I have trouble finding my mornic just about every day. Funny thing, though. My mornic is always in the last place I look.

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
aqua teen is ****ing retarded. If you think that show is funny than your a mornic loser and you should be thankfun no one has killed you yet
Losers of Morn arise, and smite this feeble incarnation of skinbra!!!!

Thankfun indeed!!!

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 01:31 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

YOU are killing me with that grammar and spelling... ROFL

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Lucille: Hey! You start the meeting without me?

Michael: Mother, uh, this is Cal Cullen. You remember my mother, Lucille. We’re right in the middle of talking about this exciting giveaway spa package to entice buyers.

Lucille: You know, he’s never taken me anywhere. Oh, no, we have to live “high and dry.”

Cal Cullen: Well, you’re certainly not dry. Michael, I’m not a prude, but it’s 1 in the afternoon. Is your mother drunk?

Lucille: I’d have to get up pretty early to get drunk by 1 o’clock.

Narrator: As it turns out, she had gotten up early and had taken pain medication because of a hangover-related headache. However, she mistook the “drowsy eye” alcohol warning for a “winking-eye” alcohol suggestion. Fortunately, she had the good sense not to drive herself to the meeting.

Lucille: No. I’ll call for a car.

Narrator: Unfortunately, this was after a failed attempt to do so.

Thud.

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 01:33 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

YOU are killing me with that grammar and spelling... ROFL

what are you people god damn grammer patrol. BEEP BEEP DING DING grammer police at the door wtff can't a dude express himself with out proper grammer shit it aint like i am trying to hollar at your bitch. Cut a brother some slack. I'm just tryin to make some chedda. Shit

CosmicPal
04-29-2005, 01:34 PM
I'll tell you this much is true- if that Neilsen character ever makes the mistake of asking CosmicPal here to rate TV- I'll be certain to knock every fuggen reality TV show off the air.

I'm getting sick and tired of these, "Who Wants To Marry My Borderline Psychotic Virgin Sister With One Arm And a Fourth Grade Education?" shows. Although, that one might not be so bad....

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Why the hell can't we get some airwolf back on tv

Kclee
04-29-2005, 01:35 PM

ROFL

I have to update my list. The office, scrubs, AS, Newsradio, and Demonpenz are all amusing.

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 01:38 PM
You guys think this is a game? You better watch yourself or going to get straight smoked.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I for me my pooper clean. Butter buttoms

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 01:58 PM
It's really a shame Raphael has to tone down his real life personality for the board.

You'll always be my favorite ninja turtle, Demonpenz.

Bwana
04-29-2005, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Rain Man]I would blame bwana.

QUOTE]

Heh! Not any longer my friend. :shake:

I worked for that company not long ago and can tell you all about how it works. What do you want to know?

Demonpenz
04-29-2005, 02:05 PM
You ever have one of those days? I had one all week. Seems like everyone asian decided this is a good week to be getting in a car wreck. So i got yelled at all day by people who don't understand what a deductible is. Then i come home and last week i hooked up with a hot chick. Well of course it's mandatory that ever girl i even remotely like has to be outright ****ing insane. So now i am like F this i aint spending no chedda on no bitches I want sunshine i want a pool and i want a strong drink so far i only got the strong drink

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey man all i've got is fish burrito and a sprite

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey man all i've got is fish burrito and a sprite
And that sweet deck out back. :thumb:

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 02:12 PM
And that sweet deck out back. :thumb:
It's not as sweet as it should be yet. I didn't realize getting bids on it was gonna be like pulling teeth.

tk13
04-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Wow, look at all the Office haters on here. I didn't know communism was still this rampant in society.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Wow, look at all the Office haters on here. I didn't know communism was still this rampant in society.They're Communazis.

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 02:29 PM
It's not as sweet as it should be yet. I didn't realize getting bids on it was gonna be like pulling teeth.
I spent almost a year getting people to bid before someone actually bid AND did the work on my entertainment center. I had guys come out to the house, measure, etc, then give me a bid. When I'd call them back to give them the job they wouldn't actually come do it. Friggin' amazing.

picasso
04-29-2005, 02:45 PM
You ever have one of those days? I had one all week. Seems like everyone asian decided this is a good week to be getting in a car wreck. So i got yelled at all day by people who don't understand what a deductible is. Then i come home and last week i hooked up with a hot chick. Well of course it's mandatory that ever girl i even remotely like has to be outright ****ing insane. So now i am like F this i aint spending no chedda on no bitches I want sunshine i want a pool and i want a strong drink so far i only got the strong drink

With that anger problem ya have there toward loud asian homosexuals instead of sunshine, pool and strong drink maybe you should find a dark quiet place, watch an asian porno and have a rootbeer.

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 02:49 PM
With that anger problem ya have there toward loud asian homosexuals instead of sunshine, pool and strong drink maybe you should find a dark quiet place, watch an asian porno and have a rootbeer.
I think that's Demonpenz in the back row, middle.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 02:52 PM
G
R
Dabur-E!
N!

LEAVES!

picasso
04-29-2005, 02:54 PM
I think that's Demonpenz in the back row, middle.

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :clap:

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I spent almost a year getting people to bid before someone actually bid AND did the work on my entertainment center. I had guys come out to the house, measure, etc, then give me a bid. When I'd call them back to give them the job they wouldn't actually come do it. Friggin' amazing.
There's gotta be something we're doing wrong.

Simplex3
04-29-2005, 03:24 PM
There's gotta be something we're doing wrong.
ROFL

If you figure it out let me know, I have to have some trim boards replaced on my house and have it painted this year, I can only imagine how long it's going to take to find someone to do that. I jokingly told my wife with a straight face that I was just going to do the work myself, it would take less time than getting a bid. She bought it for about 5 seconds.

jspchief
04-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Townhome right? Is the association paying for it? That's your problem.

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Townhome right? Is the association paying for it? That's your problem.
Condo, but it's my cash. Every unit doesn't have a deck like mine, so it's my responsibility.

I don't know what my problem is. Seems like it should be a simple proces... call up some contractors, they come look at the thing... figure out what needs to be done... write the details down w/ a number and give it to me. I compare and decide what I wanna do.

Doesn't seem to be working that way so far, though.

jspchief
04-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Condo, but it's my cash. Every unit doesn't have a deck like mine, so it's my responsibility.

I don't know what my problem is. Seems like it should be a simple proces... call up some contractors, they come look at the thing... figure out what needs to be done... write the details down w/ a number and give it to me. I compare and decide what I wanna do.

Doesn't seem to be working that way so far, though.
Doesn't look like a real appealing job. I'm sure it's a little different in Arizona, but a deck that has to be watertight underneath is not a fun project. It could be that no one wants the job. Maybe they feel they won't be able to get the job at the price they want.

It may be a bit of a niche job (not a conventional deck), so there may not be many contractors that want it. I know around here, when new construction is busy, there aren't many people that want existing/demolition work.

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Doesn't look like a real appealing job. I'm sure it's a little different in Arizona, but a deck that has to be watertight underneath is not a fun project. It could be that no one wants the job. Maybe they feel they won't be able to get the job at the price they want.

It may be a bit of a niche job (not a conventional deck), so there may not be many contractors that want it. I know around here, when new construction is busy, there aren't many people that want existing/demolition work.
Guess I shoulda figured that out before I bought the joint, huh?

Eh, oh well. I'll get it taken care of somehow.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm still pissed at these assholes over Firefly.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm still pissed at these assholes over Firefly.Wasn't that FOX?

Oh, you mean the Nielsen box/pad dumbshits?

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Wonderfalls
Tru Calling [where they pre-empted the SERIES FINALE for The Slutty Life.

Fox needs to get in the business of identifying good shows [which they apparently can do], and marketing them to networks that will let them breathe.

ENDelt260
04-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Firefly? I think I read that book... some monster that f*cks people to death, right?

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Tru Calling [where they pre-empted the SERIES FINALE for The Slutty Life.That annoyed the hell out of me, and I didn't even watch the first season.

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 04:10 PM
That annoyed the hell out of me, and I didn't even watch the first season.
Eliza in HD is quality. I don't care who you are.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Wonderfalls
Tru Calling [where they pre-empted the SERIES FINALE for The Slutty Life.

Fox needs to get in the business of identifying good shows [which they apparently can do], and marketing them to networks that will let them breathe.I never watched Tru Calling, but I loved Wonderfalls.

Fox always puts their best shows on the worst goddamn nights. I'm still stunned the X-Files lasted as long as it did in the Friday night doom slot, before they moved it to Sundays.

Not on Fox, but it seems like a Fox-ish show - I'm almost ashamed to admit I've been watching Veronica Mars all this season. I was shocked that got renewed.

I just don't get popular shows I guess. Desperate Houswives? American Idol? Survivor? Blech.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Not on Fox, but it seems like a Fox-ish show - I'm almost ashamed to admit I've been watching Veronica Mars all this season. I was shocked that got renewed.Smart, interesting, gripping, original, and funny, with good acting to boot? I'm there.

Baby Lee
04-29-2005, 04:18 PM
I never watched Tru Calling, but I loved Wonderfalls.

Fox always puts their best shows on the worst goddamn nights. I'm still stunned the X-Files lasted as long as it did in the Friday night doom slot, before they moved it to Sundays.

Not on Fox, but it seems like a Fox-ish show - I'm almost ashamed to admit I've been watching Veronica Mars all this season. I was shocked that got renewed.

I just don't get popular shows I guess. Desperate Houswives? American Idol? Survivor? Blech.
What's amazing to me, is that I've watched every episode of Veronica Mars, and haven't thought of Just Shoot Me once. Also, it took me months to realize that Kristen Bell was the little thief whore whose skull Cy cracked like a coconut on Deadwood.
Veronica Mars, like Tru Calling and Desperate Housewives, is driven by the hot lead actress quotient.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 04:23 PM
What's amazing to me, is that I've watched every episode of Veronica Mars, and haven't thought of Just Shoot Me once. Also, it took me months to realize that Kristen Bell was the little thief whore whose skull Cy cracked like a coconut on Deadwood.I didn't pick up on it until the week before the new season of Deadwood started, and I watched season 1 over. It was one of those 'oh shit' moments.Veronica Mars, like Tru Calling and Desperate Housewives, is driven by the hot lead actress quotient.There's that, although I'm not all that into blondes. I think it's just a good show in general.

Although since I'm making these embarrasing admissions, I'll add one more: I watch Smallville. Not so much because I'm a comics geek, but because Kristin Kreuk is a f*cking goddess. Man oh man is she hot.