PDA

View Full Version : Shockey - making friends with his teammates

Chiefnj
04-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Giants TE Jeremy Shockey, quoted in the New York Daily News about his plans to soon leave the Giants’ voluntary workouts to return to Miami, where he’s working out with other Miami (Fla.) alumni: "I want to be the best player I can be and in order for me to do that I think I've got to be pushed by people that I know can push me. I'm not trying to cause any controversies. I'm trying to do what's best for my physical body. I could've taken the easy way and come back here and do the workouts here and just been OK, or I could've went there and accepted the challenge and made it tough on myself every day."

I don't think Coughlin is a coach you want to step up to and say "your not pushing me enough."

Saulbadguy
04-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Maybe he is growing up.

People on this board keep saying how we need players from Miami, but all of them are cocky, arrogant, and stupid. They feel they have to go workout together at Miami, rather than with the team. Thats lame.

AZORChiefFan
04-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Jeremy, here's Tony G's jockstrap…oh yeah you can't hold it. Just another loudmouthed created by the media sensation ala Meshawn Johnson.

Cormac
04-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Jeremy, here's Tony G's jockstrap…oh yeah you can't hold it. Just another loudmouthed created by the media sensation ala Meshawn Johnson.

Exactly. If he was concerned about being the best he can be, he'd work out with Gonzo or Antonio Gates.

Gobshite.

Chiefnj
04-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Exactly. If he was concerned about being the best he can be, he'd work out with Gonzo or Antonio Gates.

Gobshite.

I think Gonzo's workout consists of sitting on the beach and getting laid. It works for him tho.

jspchief
04-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I think Gonzo's workout consists of sitting on the beach and getting laid. It works for him tho.Heh. Yea, I don't think Tony Gonzalez is the name to be throwing out when when talking about work ethic in the off-season....

shaneo69
04-29-2005, 11:34 AM
I think Gonzo's workout consists of sitting on the beach and getting laid. It works for him tho.

That and the pickup basketball games.

Rain Man
04-29-2005, 11:34 AM
If Tony worked out, we couldn't afford him.

These Miami players just get more weird and arrogant with every passing season.