PDA

View Full Version : Romo vs Sharpe

Ugly Duck
12-29-2000, 01:10 PM
Ok, it's playoff time and even though you guys hate Denver (as well as Romo and Sharpe), I'd like to hear your honest thoughts on the game.

We all know the stats. I think Denver will have some success this weekend on offense. As for the Broncos' defense, they haven't been stellar, but they have had good moments. I think the Ravens best bet is to get Lewis involved early... b/c I don't see Dilfer tearing up the secondary.

The Broncos will contain Dilfer, and Sharpe will have a pretty good day ... but, the passing game won't be that much of a factor. So, if the Ravens are going to win, then they will have to have a great rushing day.

Denver's defense will be inspired and play much like they did against the 49ers. I also think their offense will have success similar to what the Jets had last week, minus the turnovers.

Dilfer will have to win the game for them.

Denver 24 - Ravens 17

Now, who will win the trash talking game?
Romo or Sharpe?

milkman
12-29-2000, 01:18 PM
MHM - I have to say that the Ravens hold the edge in this game. They have a player on their offense who knows the in and out of your offense and they have a D capable of using every bit of that info.

Your best hope of winning will be if the turnovers go your way, if not you could very well be in trouble.

BigChiefsFan
12-29-2000, 01:24 PM
While the Broncos offense is potentially very dangerous (except when they play KC :p ) and the Ravens can run, this game will come down to defense. The Ravens set records on D this year, and the Broncos have had some problems with stopping the run.

Ravens 14, Broncos 10.

Great game for defensive homers...lots of turnovers (I'll say a total of 7) and lots of big hits.

Of course, MHM, with my pi$$-poor prognosticating, it'll probably be the highest scoring game in playoff history!

MM
~~Picking the lesser of two evils.

------------------
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
--George W. Bush

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-29-2000).]

Ugly Duck
12-29-2000, 01:25 PM
I agree... Denver is on the road, with a less than average defense most weekends and Sharpe has a lot of inside info.

But, never underestimate the chances of Dilfer being Dilfer.

In all honesty, I don't expect Denver to win. However, if the Broncos' defense can step up like they did last week, they will give it a good run.

Anderson has to have 100 yds in order for them to have a chance. Should be a good game, though.

kcfan67
12-29-2000, 01:42 PM
This is a tough game to call as others have stated. But I will pick the home team only because of the advantage that it brings.

As far as Romo and Sharp? If they are matched up against each other either blocking or pass I think Shannon wins. He is the better athlete.

Trash talking? No contest there. Sharp wins hands down because he is much more intelligent than Romo.

htismaqe
12-29-2000, 02:25 PM
I want to see Romo beat the living crap out of Sharp. But....I want to see the Ravens beat the living crap out of the Donx.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

milkman
12-29-2000, 02:41 PM
Duckdog - Would you settle for a collision in the middle of the field that takes both of them out?

Morphius
would make me happy

htismaqe
12-29-2000, 02:46 PM
Nahhh, that would look too 'accidental', Morph. I'd much rather see Romo's fist get lodged in Mr. Ed's mouth.

------------------
~Duckaholic~

htismaqe
12-29-2000, 02:47 PM
How about, Maz and Romo? I think Maz would rip 'em. Just got an idea.

------------------
~Duckaholic~

milkman
12-29-2000, 02:49 PM
DD - Man your tough to please, how about Romo leads with the helmet tackle into the head of Sharpe for the 15 yard penalty and the blow knocks them both out cold in the middle of the field?

htismaqe
12-29-2000, 02:55 PM
Now your talking, Morph. I can handle that one.

------------------
~Duckaholic~

milkman
12-29-2000, 02:59 PM
DD - To make you even happier we can have the hit bust through the face mask of Sharpe and he could lose a few teeth and have to have his trap wired shot while he recovers from the broken jaw.

Morphius
A little more Evil and Twisted then normal.

Baby Lee
12-29-2000, 03:11 PM
Ravens 28
Donks 10

All 10 pooints come at the end, during 'garbage' time. ;)

Here's hoping Sharpe catches a TD, then, while trying to dunk the ball in the goalpost(ala Gonzo), he sprains his ankle.

As for Homo: may he be pursuing Jamal Lewis, get blindsided on a block by John Ogden, and be carried off on a stretcher.

I'd also like to see Sam Gash lay out John Mobley, and Ray Lewis Anderson, but I won't get TOO greedy. Anderson will have his 2nd worst day of the season. (It couldn't get much worse than his performance at Arrowhead.)

Chiefnj
12-29-2000, 03:18 PM
Boy, this is a tough choice - kind of like choosing between Saddam and Hitler. Too bad they both can't lose. It will be fun to see them beat the crap out of each other.

I don't think Dilfer will be much of a factor - Denver has demonstrated all season long that they can't stop the run, and I believe that Baltimore's defense will stuff Denver's O. If this game was being played in Denver (of course, thanks to the Chiefs, it WON'T BE :D ), I'd give the Donx more of a chance. But there will be no thin air or friendly crowds to urge them on.

Baltimore over Denver, BIG. Can't wait to see it. Maybe Sharpe will get hurt in the process - that would be perfect.

ColoradoChief
12-29-2000, 06:02 PM
As much as i hate to admit it, I think Denver will win this game. Baltimore's got a good defense, but not as great as the scoring defense record indicates (in a division with Cleveland, Cinci, etc.). Isn't Denver one of the best in the league at getting turnovers or turnover ratio (or both)? I give them the edge because of experience and because of Dilfer. Denver's been here before and Baltimore hasn't played many big games.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 12-29-2000).]

KCTitus
12-29-2000, 06:50 PM
Ravens 20

Donks 13<P>

Baby Lee
12-29-2000, 06:59 PM
Remember G_man,
At least Baltimore didn't LOSE to Cincy. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Stuckinbama
12-29-2000, 09:40 PM
You're right - I HATE the Donx - I HATE Romo and I used to HATE Sharpe when he was with the Donx.

My take on the game is this: The Ravens will win in a ROMP if they can contain The Denver running game the way that the Chiefs did. The Ravens are the better team - and the coaching is dead even. IF the Ravens can run - it won't be close. Here's hoping that Sharpe KILLS the DONX - that would be fun - kind of like how Donx fans love it when Gannon kills the Chiefs. *grin.

Donx - 10

Ravens - 27