PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Linebacker Corp

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Its loaded this year with talent. At Outside Linebacker we have Scott Fujita, Shawn Barber, Derrick Johnson, Keyaron Fox, and Quinton Caver.

At Middle Linebacker we have Kendrell Bell, Mike Maslowski, Kawika Mitchell, Rich Scanlon, and James "Boomer" Grigsby.

Derrick Johnson is goin to end up bein a steal for the chiefs I feel, and im concerned about the ROLB position.

Now I feel our starters are goin to be Derrick Johnson at LOLB, and Kendrell Bell at MLB. But not sure about the ROLB position yet.

Last year when we drafted Keyaron Fox, Gun had said he reminded him of a young Donnie Edwards. Now im not saying he is. But I pulled up some info on this kid and of 35 or 45 games he started he had a total of 376 career tackles.

Now if you ask me thats a pretty good total. But if I had to choose between who would start I would love a LB core of DJ, Bell, and Fox. All are very fast, can tackle, and could be a very dominant linebacking core.

So tell me guys how would you feel about Keyaron Fox starting, I mean i know he didnt show anything last year, but he's had a whole offseason to improve, and If im not mistaken he was pretty damn good player for Georgia Tech when he played there.

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 08:05 PM
you mean Corp?

Phobia
04-29-2005, 08:06 PM
The core would be Bell.

The corps would be all 3 starters.

I think it's a little early to determine starters. We should at least wait until they have a mini-camp out of the way.

Bowser
04-29-2005, 08:07 PM
you mean Corp?

Or last years version, corpse.

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
The core would be Bell.

I think it's a little early to determine starters. We should at least wait until they have a mini-camp out of the way.

And the corpse would be Rich Scanlon after the Roys finally snap and go Mark David Chapman on him.

DenverChief
The core would be Bell.

You mean its not Marine Core?

royr17
Thanks I corrected that mistake

nascher
bell will play rolb
mitchell mlb
and Johnson lolb

and please scratch caver and maz from this list.

beer bacon
That list is wrong. As of right now Bell is slotted as an OLB.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:09 PM
I just think Fox has tremendous talent that we havent see be released yet cause gun was mad at him about his ability to not shed blocks, that bein the case he's had since the season has got over to fix that, and I would imagine that Gun has been working with him on that.

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Key Fox is not starting, unless there are some injuries... he showed nothing as a rookie. Kawika at least got on the field as a rookie. Key was passed over by CAVER toward the end of last year....that is not a good sign.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
That list is wrong. As of right now Bell is slotted as an OLB.

Well I have Bell projected where he belongs which is in the Middle.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Key Fox is not starting, unless there are some injuries... he showed nothing as a rookie. Kawika at least got on the field as a rookie. Key was passed over by CAVER toward the end of last year....that is not a good sign.

I understand that . And I know the reason too, Gun was upset with him cause he was having trouble shedding blocks, like I just said a minute ago, Gun has probably been working with him on that, and I think if he gets those problems fixed that he would be a pretty good OLB for us.

Like I said I would love a lineup of DJ, Bell, and Fox. And as far as showing nothin his rookie year, thats why i would imagine he'd come to training camp with somethin to prove.

TRR
04-29-2005, 08:15 PM
If Mitchell plays MLB again, I believe our run D will be as poor as it was last season. Mitchell is not starting material.

There is no way Scott Fujita sits the bench if he is 100 percent healthy. The same goes for Shawn Barber (although Barber might be out for awhile).

ILChief
04-29-2005, 08:16 PM
starters: Johnson/Bell/Fujita

depth: Fox/Mitchell/Grigsby/Caver

Maz and Barber are done

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:16 PM
If Mitchell plays MLB again, I believe our run D will be as poor as it was last season. Mitchell is not starting material.

There is no way Scott Fujita sits the bench if he is 100 percent healthy. The same goes for Shawn Barber (although Barber might be out for awhile).

Shawn Barber needs to go, had a 2nd career knee injury and didnt look good. Maz will be gone. And Scott Fujita will not be a chief after this year, he will want too much and will be gone.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:18 PM
My Projection :

Starters : LOLB Derrick Johnson, MLB Kendrell Bell, ROLB Keyaron Fox
Backups : LOLB Scott Fujita, MLB Rich Scanlon, MLB James "Boomer" Grigsby, ROLB Kawika Mitchell

TRR
04-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Shawn Barber needs to go, had a 2nd career knee injury and didnt look good. Maz will be gone. And Scott Fujita will not be a chief after this year, he will want too much and will be gone.

Why would Scott Fujita want too much? If that were the case, he would have been gone this offseason.

Barber needs to be given time to heal. When healthy, he was our best LB, and has proven he can play around the NFL.

Maz will be gone.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Just feel Fox comes into training camp with somethin to prove and impresses and wins the ROLB starting Job.

Plus Gun has said he wanted faster linebackers, how could you not want DJ 4.52, Bell 4.57, and Fox 4.55

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Why would Scott Fujita want too much? If that were the case, he would have been gone this offseason.

Barber needs to be given time to heal. When healthy, he was our best LB, and has proven he can play around the NFL.

Maz will be gone.

Just never been high on Fujita, he wouldnt had come back to KC if he had known we would draft a OLB that would take his spot. He will be gone after this season cause he will want to go start somewhere.

Saggysack
04-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Maz is gone IMO. Barber could be on his way out too. Scanlon IMO spends another year on the PS.

Caver I have never been impressed with. He has the physical tools to be a pro bowler but it's like he has a head full of rocks. I hope they say bye-bye to him.

Derrick Johnson IMO will be the ROLB, backed up by Mitchell and Key Fox. Bell will fill the middle, with Mitchell as b/u. Fujita will be healthy and start at LOLB backed up by Key Fox.

I think Grigsby will make the team based on his physical quickness and will be the last LB on the roster they carry. That is of course depending on how fast he picks up the playbook. probaly end up one of those guys that doesn't make the game day roster unless there are injuries.

I'm looking at...

LOLB:Fujita/Fox
MLB: Bell/Mitchell/Grigsby
ROLB:Johnson/Mitchell

It's not sexy but, sexy isn't what they need.

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Key fox is not starting for us out of camp no matter what happens. he had what? a hand full of special teams tackles? Hell, he may not even break camp with us!

Phobia
04-29-2005, 08:26 PM
royr17 - backup linebacker expert

royr17
Well its just a difference of opinions, but i think if you want a more versatile more athletic LB core then you go with DJ, Bell, and Fox in my honest opinion

TRR
Just never been high on Fujita, he wouldnt had come back to KC if he had known we would draft a OLB that would take his spot. He will be gone after this season cause he will want to go start somewhere.

He will start here. I'll bet you anything Scott Fujita is a starter all season long barring injury.

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:27 PM
It's not sexy but, sexy isn't what they need.

what the hell does that mean... sounds like a crappy WWII movie line, like the dirty dozen.

"I don't need the best 12 SOLDIERS that you have, I need best five men!"

"You can't be serious about taking this riffraff into battle?"

"They may not be sexy, but sexy isn't what I need! lets go soldiers!"

Phobia
04-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Just never been high on Fujita,

You've never been high on Fujita, but you'll go to the ends of the earth for Scanlon and now (apparently) Fox?

WTF?

milkman
04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
What my inquiring mind wants to know is:
What happened to the Scanlon lovefest?

I thought for sure that you'd have Rich penciled as the starter in the middle.

yoswif
04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I believe Gunther will line them up like this:

ROLB Bell; Grigsby
MLB Mitchell; Scanlon
LOLB Johnson; Fujita; Fox

Phobia
04-29-2005, 08:29 PM

He was just kidding that whole time. Suckers.

royr17
He will start here. I'll bet you anything Scott Fujita is a starter all season long barring injury.

Well if he is then we are screwed, cause DJ plays the Left side not the right. And Fujita has only played the left side. Im just sayin that I feel DJ, Bell, and Fox would be a more athletic group of linebackers.

nychief
I love Crappy Linebackers!

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:30 PM
You've never been high on Fujita, but you'll go to the ends of the earth for Scanlon and now (apparently) Fox?

WTF?

Because I think Fox has alot of talent and potential just like Fox. But Scanlon wont start cause he's a MLB and Bell will be playing that spot. So basically the right side is up for grabs.

And if we go into the season with Mitchell im goin to scream for bloody hell.

Saggysack
04-29-2005, 08:31 PM
I believe Gunther will line them up like this:

ROLB Bell; Grigsby
MLB Mitchell; Scanlon
LOLB Johnson; Fujita; Fox

Are you saying they are going to carry 7 LB's on a 53man roster? That sure does seem like alot.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:31 PM

Not since we signed Kendrell Bell. And i'll say Bell is a better LB but I see Scanlon as bein a good one someday when given the chance.

At this point Bell is better.

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Because I think Fox has alot of talent and potential just like Fox. But Scanlon wont start cause he's a MLB and Bell will be playing that spot. So basically the right side is up for grabs.

And if we go into the season with Mitchell im goin to scream for bloody hell.

you'll scream for bloody hell if a guy who as actually seen the field as an NFL player starts the season... but if a reach pick from G-tech starts at OLB you'll jump for joy?

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Are you saying they are going to carry 7 LB's on a 53man roster? That sure does seem like alot.

Yea i do see that happening.

TRR
04-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Well if he is then we are screwed, cause DJ plays the Left side not the right. And Fujita has only played the left side. Im just sayin that I feel DJ, Bell, and Fox would be a more athletic group of linebackers.

Both DJ and Fuj' will start. They will find which side fits best, and call it home for both. DJ can play on either side, and I am willing to bet that Fuita could make the transition as well. Vermeil is trying to create competition through the media with his comments. When it's all said and done, the best 3 LB's will start and it will be Gun's decision.

Vermeil tried to create the same type of competition when KC drafted Eddie Freeman. Vermeil said Freeman would be in direct competition with Eric Hicks at DE. Freeman took a couple of snaps at DE and was quickly moved to DT where he was originally drafted to play.

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2005, 08:33 PM
I love Crappy Linebackers!

I think you mean wide receivers.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/a-thorpe110103b.jpg

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:34 PM
you'll scream for bloody hell if a guy who as actually seen the field as an NFL player starts the season... but if a reach pick from G-tech starts at OLB you'll jump for joy?

Im not arguin with anybody just think our best LB lineup would be DJ, Bell, and Fox.

To me I think Fujita needs to be in a 3-4.

Saggysack
04-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Yea i do see that happening.

I don't.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:36 PM
I don't.

how many did we carry last year. lets see fujita, caver, jones, mitchell, beisel, fox, and barber. we carried 7 last year. i feel we will again this year too.

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Im not arguin with anybody just think our best LB lineup would be DJ, Bell, and Fox.

To me I think Fujita needs to be in a 3-4.

but your logic is totally flawed... what you look up a few college stats and decide that Fox is an NFL starter? Then when told that he was bust as a rookie - you assume he is going to come in and be a world beater? why? I mean I want to see the kid develope but, at this point Mitchell, with his warts, is much more advanced.

yoswif
04-29-2005, 08:39 PM

Stills didn't make the cut at DE. He's replaced by Grigsby as special teams ace.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:39 PM
but your logic is totally flawed... what you look up a few college stats and decide that Fox is an NFL starter? Then when told that he was bust as a rookie - you assume he is going to come in and be a world beater? why? I mean I want to see the kid develope but, at this point Mitchell, with his warts, is much more advanced.

Does injured just about all year his rookie year mean anything ?

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Who's to say that Fox and Gun havent been workin together since the season ended to get him ready for the upcoming season ?

nascher
04-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Mitchell never played OLB

Bell never played MLB in a 4-3 and Gun wants him at ROLB

Grigsby is a MLB

ROLB BELL/BARBER/FOX
MLB MITCHELL/GRIGSBY/SCANLON
LOLB JOHNSON/FUJITA/FOX

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
I dont expect you guys to agree what I think would be a better more athletic LB core compared to Fujita Bell and DJ, DJ Mitchell and Bell, or DJ, Bell, and Fujita.

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Key played in 12 games...he was not that injured.

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Who's to say that Fox and Gun havent been workin together since the season ended to get him ready for the upcoming season ?

I am.

nascher
04-29-2005, 08:44 PM
most ath. Johnson Mitchell Bell maybe FOX

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:44 PM
I am.

well see you dont know that then. to me it sounds like you dont want fox to work out.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:45 PM
most ath. Johnson Mitchell Bell maybe FOX

Fox is more athletic then Mitchell is.

Phobia
04-29-2005, 08:46 PM
I dont expect you guys to agree what I think would be a better more athletic LB core compared to Fujita Bell and DJ, DJ Mitchell and Bell, or DJ, Bell, and Fujita.

It's a good thing you don't expect us to agree because you are floating pipe dreams, just like you did last year. You're not a fast learner.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Key played in 12 games...he was not that injured.

yea think of that, he was injured, shawn barber didnt go out till the tampa game, then the love for monty beisel the coaches had, and then fox had to learn the playbook compared to caver who already knew what he was doin. i can understand why he didnt get to start. but i think will be much different this year.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
I just cant wait till Scanlon and Fox gets on the field and proves all of you wrong.

Mecca
04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
They won't cut Barber they'll give him every opportunity to come back and play just like they didn't ax Maz last year.

The Key Fox thing, unless he's gained about 15-20lbs I doubt he will get a starting look lbs don't play in this league at 230 unless you're in a cover 2 or playing ian gold style. The only thing I see from Fox this year is him taking Cavers special teams spot and maybe some spot duty.

If they do go Bell outside then apparently they either think Scanlons worthy or a spot or that Maz is going to make the team one or the other.

I'm still of the belief when healthy the best starting lbs are Barber Bell and Johnson.

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I just cant wait till Scanlon and Fox gets on the field and proves all of you wrong.

Heh.

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
They won't cut Barber they'll give him every opportunity to come back and play just like they didn't ax Maz last year.

The Key Fox thing, unless he's gained about 15-20lbs I doubt he will get a starting look lbs don't play in this league at 230 unless you're in a cover 2 or playing ian gold style. The only thing I see from Fox this year is him taking Cavers special teams spot and maybe some spot duty.

If they do go Bell outside then apparently they either think Scanlons worthy or a spot or that Maz is going to make the team one or the other.

I'm still of the belief when healthy the best starting lbs are Barber Bell and Johnson.

Well Fox is up to 235 and i would have to imagine he's put some more weight on too after the season. I would say right now fox is probably 240 to 245.

Phobia
04-29-2005, 08:50 PM

I can't wait 'til they get cut and you shut up.

milkman

You are just not making any case for your lineup.
You, as far as anyone knows, haven't seen Fox play, and yet you are claiming that he is better suited to start than Fujita.

Hell, I really am excited about the crazy LB mentality of Boomer, but I've never seen him play.
As much as I dislike Kawika, there's no way in hell I'm going to suggest that Boomer is a better player.

But that is what you did with Scanlon, and are now doing with Fox.

There's just no credibility.

nychief
all right you win this is the starters on sept. 11...

ROLB: Fox
MLB: Scanlon
LOLB: Richard Smith

keg in kc
I sure hope the coaching staff at Arrowhead reads this, so they know what's what.

Phobia
04-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Well Fox is up to 235 and i would have to imagine he's put some more weight on too after the season. I would say right now fox is probably 240 to 245.

Dude, seriously. Listen to yourself. You're making shit up on the fly. WTF?

I would say that Priest probably runs a 4.19 40 now that he's healthy. Which makes him the fastest man in the NFL. Ya dig?

nychief
04-29-2005, 08:53 PM

what formula did you use there, kido? or did you but on 15 pounds of muscle this offseason?

yoswif
04-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Grigsby is a MLB

Grigsby was a MLB at a small college. I don't think his NFL position has been established. Like Bell, and former Chief LB Anthony Davis, Grigsby would be the kind of explosive blitzer Gun likes to put at ROLB.

Skip Towne
04-29-2005, 08:55 PM
I just think Fox has tremendous talent that we havent see be released yet cause gun was mad at him about his ability to not shed blocks, that bein the case he's had since the season has got over to fix that, and I would imagine that Gun has been working with him on that.
Why do you think Fox has tremendous talent? Have you ever seen him play?

Mecca
Maybe he saw Fox hanging out with Barry Bonds in California?

nascher
maybe but you need a MLB Bell would be a waste of talent as a 4-3 MLB. Barber won't be cut but he could start the Season on PUP.

Last year we had 7LB's on our 53 man roster.

This year:

Bell
Mitchell
Johnson
Fujita
Fox
Grigsby
Scanlon if Barber starts on PUP
(Barber)

royr17
04-29-2005, 08:56 PM
what formula did you use there, kido? or did you but on 15 pounds of muscle this offseason?

Well if you pull up Keyaron Fox on KCCHIEFS.COM it will list him as 235, thats what he weighed last year, so I said i would imagine that he's been workin to bulk up.

Mecca
04-29-2005, 09:00 PM
maybe but you need a MLB Bell would be a waste of talent as a 4-3 MLB. Barber won't be cut but he could start the Season on PUP.

Last year we had 7LB's on our 53 man roster.

This year:

Bell
Mitchell
Johnson
Fujita
Fox
Grigsby
Scanlon if Barber starts on PUP
(Barber)

I agree with this.........other than knowing the Chiefs coaching staff Scanlon will have to show he's better than Maz is because of DV's loyalty to players. I'm not even convinced Maz can run as fast as a lineman right now afer that surgery he had.

philfree
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't think Fox will get a chance to start since Gun has penciled in Bell at RLB. He's got it LLB/Johnson, MLB/Mitchell, RLB/Bell. After thinking about it for awhile I decided I like it because it puts our best LB(Bell) in a position to make more plays. With Bell and DJ on the outside it should really take the pressure off of Mitchell. Instead of putting Bell in the middle where he'll have to support a player on each side he'll be able to roam the outside and make plays and he'll only have to support one player. Pull Mithcell and put in a CB for $.05.

PhilFree:arrow:

Phobia
04-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Well if you pull up Keyaron Fox on KCCHIEFS.COM it will list him as 235, thats what he weighed last year, so I said i would imagine that he's been workin to bulk up.

Because NFL players put on 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason? Is that what you're telling us?

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Because NFL players put on 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason? Is that what you're telling us?Apparently they have no trouble losing 20, since they have Bell listed at 234.

Phobia
04-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Roy, I'm not trying to give you the beatdown. I'm just asking you to think about the shit you post here. Some of the jackasses on the star post really stupid stuff sometimes. So much so that they have a really bad rep for dipshits.

nychief
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
what about this guy starting on Sept. 11th?
LB Kris Griffin (6-3, 232) saw action in 40 contests at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, recording 261 tackles (139 solo), 12.0 sacks, 38.0 tackles behind the line, 11 interceptions and seven passes defensed. He played in nine contests as a senior, totaling 51 tackles (28 solo), 4.0 sacks, 9.0 tackles for loss, an interception and two passes defensed. The Rochester, Pennsylvania native was a three-sport athlete at Rochester High School and was selected to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette Fabulous 22 Squad his senior season as both a safety and wide receiver.

Bowser
04-29-2005, 09:27 PM
OK, I have not read this thread, so let me just say that if our linebackers on opening day (barring injury) aren't Scott Fujita, Kendrell Bell, and Derrick Johnson, someone on our defensive coaching staff needs their face slapped to wake them up.

Phobia
04-29-2005, 09:27 PM
what about this guy starting on Sept. 11th?
LB Kris Griffin (6-3, 232)

Oh - I'll bet he's about 247 about now. I'll bet he's been working out and eating protein and stuff.

nychief
04-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh - I'll bet he's about 247 about now. I'll bet he's been working out and eating protein and stuff.

i bet he runs a 3.9 40... and will be a great LB... possibly a Hall of Famer.... and now, i am bettin', he can bench 1000 lbs or so...

royr17
04-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Apparently they have no trouble losing 20, since they have Bell listed at 234.

Like I said the other day, Bell doesnt weigh 234, thats a error on the website, he's in the 250's and the last time he played he was 257 so I would have to imagine that he's still around that.

philfree
04-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Like I said the other day, Bell doesnt weigh 234, thats a error on the website, he's in the 250's and the last time he played he was 257 so I would have to imagine that he's still around that.

Even I'll admit that seems lite for Bell. He could have trimmed down since he hasn't played in a while. I figure the ESPN info on Bell is from last year so the Chiefs roster could be correct.

Bowser
04-29-2005, 09:44 PM

TRR
Bell is a solid 250. He has been for most of his career.

Whoever said Bell's abilities would be wasted at MLB is on crack. Bell would make a perfect 4-3 MLB. His biggest strength is filling gaps and playing the run. He struggles in pass coverage, so why put him on an island with a TE?

Bell can play all 3 LB spots, but he is best suited for MLB in a 4-3 Defense.

royr17
Even I'll admit that seems lite for Bell. He could have trimmed down since he hasn't played in a while. I figure the ESPN info on Bell is from last year so the Chiefs roster could be correct.

I thought i read when he took his physical that he weighed in at 257

Skip Towne
04-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey III, as an older and wiser mentor, I need to teach you an old adage. Write it down. I'll wait while you get a pencil.........OK, ready? "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

philfree
04-29-2005, 10:12 PM
I thought i read when he took his physical that he weighed in at 257

The article about his signing on the Chiefs site say he weighs 257lbs. It's proabably right. That said, however Gun decides to use our LBs is O.K. with me. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

royr17
04-29-2005, 10:43 PM
But if you ask me what I think would be the better starting lineup for the Chiefs then i'll tell you i'd rather be starting DJ, Bell, and Barber (before he got hurt, not so sure about it now)

unlurking
04-29-2005, 10:52 PM
But if you ask me what I think would be the better starting lineup for the Chiefs then i'll tell you i'd rather be starting DJ, Bell, and Barber (before he got hurt, not so sure about it now)
Did anyone ask you?

;)

I actually like Bell, Mitchell, DJ. I know a lot of people on here don't like Mitchell, but the last three games of the season he was really starting to blow thing up. Also, I like the sack record Bell brings to the table, which means he needs to be on the outside, not the inside.

Douche Baggins
04-29-2005, 11:06 PM
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

I think it's too late for that.

go bowe
04-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Or last years version, corpse.corpse!!!

abmfgwto... ROFL ROFL ROFL

(almost

busted

my

friggin

gut

with

that

one...)

hey, it was funny... :shrug:

Nightfyre
04-30-2005, 04:22 AM
In Gun We Trust.

Whoever is starting is starting because Gun, who is probably the most knowledgable LB evaluator in the NFL, decided they would play best where he put them.

yoswif
04-30-2005, 06:15 AM
When Gun said Bell was his ROLB, he compared Bell to former Chief LB Anthony Davis. As I remember it, Davis was usually slashing through a gap a blowing up plays like Bell did in Pittsburg. I like Bell slashing through a gap a blowing up plays in the backfield better than dropping into the middle of a three deep zone like Gun's MLB does.

I think Gun will be a lot more aggressive this year. He's added some very good attackers to the D. With better attackers, I think he'll make the offense defend against his attacks on their blocking schemes. Opponents had the luxury of attacking a rather passive defense last year. I doubt that will be the case this year.

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 06:16 AM

You sir, are talking out of your ass.

Fox was not a reach and was one of the most productive college LB's to come out last year.

You may not like it, but it's the simple truth.

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 06:17 AM

Again, talking out of your ass.

Fox didn't get a chance to prove anything. He was injured prior to the season starting and was also in Vermeil's doghouse for a fight with Monty Beisel. If you truly believe Fox didn't see the field simply because he was a "bust" you haven't been paying attention to our petty coach for the last 5 years.

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 06:18 AM

Wow, that's amazing. LB's don't play in this league at 230? Somebody better tell Shawn Barber, and Donnie Edwards, and Derrick Brooks, and...

Need I go on with proving how RIDICULOUS that statement is?

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 06:19 AM

Whoever said Bell's abilities would be wasted at MLB is on crack. Bell would make a perfect 4-3 MLB. His biggest strength is filling gaps and playing the run. He struggles in pass coverage, so why put him on an island with a TE?

Yep.

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 06:57 AM
He struggles in pass coverage, so why put him on an island with a TE?Now that's funny. When we signed him I passed on some information I heard from a Pissburgh beat writer that said that Pissburgh wasn't happy with his pass coverage skills, and you went off on me about how I'm full of shit, because you watch all of Pissburg's games and he never struggled in pass coverage. ROFL

yoswif
04-30-2005, 07:39 AM

I think it depends on how Gunther uses his LBs that determines the "fit".

Gun is planning to use Bell at ROLB. He compares Bell to Anthony Davis. I don't remember Davis being on an island with the TE as much as I remember Davis slashing through a gap a blowing up plays in the backfield. That sounds like a perfect "fit" for Bell.

|Zach|
04-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Post of the year.

Douche Baggins
04-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Post of the year.

Probably the post of next year, too. :D

|Zach|
04-30-2005, 07:56 AM
This thread rocks the cashbah.

nychief
04-30-2005, 08:03 AM

Fox didn't get a chance to prove anything. He was injured prior to the season starting and was also in Vermeil's doghouse for a fight with Monty Beisel. If you truly believe Fox didn't see the field simply because he was a "bust" you haven't been paying attention to our petty coach for the last 5 years.

you are right, he was an impact rookie..sigh

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 08:14 AM
you are right, he was an impact rookie..sigh

Where did I say anything about him being an impact rooke?

I knew your argument was weak and obviously you did too.

ct
04-30-2005, 08:38 AM
If Fox proves he can produce, then Im all for it. But we've seen nothing from him, so obviously the coaches have not seen much from him either.

LiL stumppy
04-30-2005, 08:53 AM
I don't see why Kawika will start.Sure he got better since last year.But I do belive it will b Bell,Fujita,Johnson.

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 09:13 AM
If Fox proves he can produce, then Im all for it. But we've seen nothing from him, so obviously the coaches have not seen much from him either.

Nobody has seen anything from him because he wasn't given the chance. Just another example of CryBaby playing favorites. He was just CRUSHED that Monty Beisel left after all he did for him.

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't see why Kawika will start.Sure he got better since last year.But I do belive it will b Bell,Fujita,Johnson.

Because apparently Gunther prefers to play Bell outside, and we have no other MLB's.

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Why is it at times when III post I feel like the guy that climbs the water tower to defend the family honor ? :harumph:

Sparhawk
04-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I can see Mitchell losing his job. It's not such a longshot either. First off, he's been injured a lot in training camps and through the season as well. He nearly lost his job last year to Beisel. Retaining his position was sheer luck thanks to Beisel's injury. I think it's real chancy to assume he won't revert to his old bad habits like taking on O-linemen, or being out of position, missing tackles, etc. Plus he brings no real leadership. The real question is which rookie does it?

dstrong
04-30-2005, 12:42 PM
whats up fellers, this is my first post, But I think as it sits now Fujita or Mitchell stands a better chance of starting over fox, now Im looking forward to seeing how its all gonna work out in training camp and the pre-season.

David.
04-30-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't have any problem with Mitchell starting at MLB. I'm probably in the minority. That said I love fooj too :(.

screw it, let's switch to 3-4

Bob Dole
04-30-2005, 01:13 PM

So Gunther is feeding him extra helpings as they practice shedding blocks in Gunther's back yard during the offseason?

TRR
04-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Our biggest need in FA, other than a CB, was a MLB. Not just a LB, but a MLB. Kawika Mitchell flat out sucks, Mazlowski will not be back, and Beisel went to the Pats. If Mitchell still starts (forcing Fujita and possibly Barber to the bench), I will have lost all hope in the Defensive coaching staff.

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Our biggest need in FA, other than a CB, was a MLB. Not just a LB, but a MLB. Kawika Mitchell flat out sucks, Mazlowski will not be back, and Beisel went to the Pats. If Mitchell still starts (forcing Fujita and possibly Barber to the bench), I will have lost all hope in the Defensive coaching staff.

He's in NFLE . Today's stats..... 10 & 5, A total of 15 tackles.

TRR
04-30-2005, 02:30 PM
He's in NFLE . Today's stats..... 10 & 5, A total of 15 tackles.

LOL! Scanlon will be lucky to make the practice squad.

royr17
04-30-2005, 02:33 PM
LOL! Scanlon will be lucky to make the practice squad.

Why cant you accept the fact that the kid has game and has a nose for the ball ?

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 02:36 PM
LOL! Scanlon will be lucky to make the practice squad. That's what many here said last year too ! :hmmm: ROFL

BTA. you could right, if the coaches fail to see his ability, some other team will claim him before we designate him to the practice squad.

TRR
04-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Why cant you accept the fact that the kid has game and has a nose for the ball ?

Uh, that's in the NFL scrub league. Until he does ANYTHING in the NFL, then you have no legs to stand on. Mike Maslowski had a nose for the ball, problem is that it takes more than just a nose for the ball to be a complete MLB at the NFL level.

I would have gotten more excited if you told me Scanlon had a couple of batted passes and an INT. From what I've seen of him, he is downright horrible in pass coverage, and is very unathletic in terms of playing sideline to sideline.

TRR
04-30-2005, 02:38 PM
That's what many here said last year too ! :hmmm: ROFL

BTA. you could right, if the coaches fail to see his ability, some other team will claim him before we designate him to the practice squad.

Yes we did say that, and we were right. If it wasn't for Beisel, Mitchell, and Mas being hurt in T.C, Scanlon would have never made the practice squad last season.

THUS, HE WAS LUCKY TO MAKE THE PRACTICE SQUAD.

royr17
04-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes we did say that, and we were right. If it wasn't for Beisel, Mitchell, and Mas being hurt in T.C, Scanlon would have never made the practice squad last season.

I say bullshit to that, the chiefs liked what they saw in the guy but wanted to let him work on some things.

You dont know shit about that. Scanlon will make the team this year. Just doin too well right now and gaining experience to not make it. The guy is Mike Maslowski with speed though.

NFLE is a place you go to get playing experience. Look what Hall did. Waters did. Maz did. Scanlon could very well do the samething, and if we dont give him the opportunity then he will catch on with another team and start tearing things up and become a pretty good NFL MLB.

tk13
04-30-2005, 02:46 PM

I think that's an interesting leap... there have been lots of fights over the last couple years, Hicks and Sims, the supposed fight between our WR's and CB's, and DV's said there are a lot of things that go on that they keep in the family, that's just the way the game is. I don't know, Fox looks really undersized to me when he's out there on the field, plus he was a rookie that was hurt. Parker and Wilson got onto the field late in the year, I think if Fox was playing well enough Gun would've got him on the field more. Al and Gun have a lot of control over who sees the field...

TRR
04-30-2005, 02:48 PM
I say bullshit to that, the chiefs liked what they saw in the guy but wanted to let him work on some things.

You dont know shit about that. Scanlon will make the team this year. Just doin too well right now and gaining experience to not make it. The guy is Mike Maslowski with speed though.

NFLE is a place you go to get playing experience. Look what Hall did. Waters did. Maz did. Scanlon could very well do the samething, and if we dont give him the opportunity then he will catch on with another team and start tearing things up and become a pretty good NFL MLB.

So your arguement is that I don't know shit? I've watched the guy scrimmage live against the Vikes. When have you seen him play in person?

I'm not even going to get in this arguement with you because your letting your pride get in the way. Scanlon may make it...he may not. But I'm willing to bet you whatever you want that Scanlon doesn't make the 53 man roster this season. I'll end the debate at that.

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Look what Hall did. Waters did. Maz did.What about the other 99% of players we send to NFLE? You know, the ones who don't make it.

royr17
04-30-2005, 02:49 PM
I think that's an interesting leap... there have been lots of fights over the last couple years, Hicks and Sims, the supposed fight between our WR's and CB's, and DV's said there are a lot of things that go on that they keep in the family, that's just the way the game is. I don't know, Fox looks really undersized to me when he's out there on the field, plus he was a rooke that was hurt. Parker and Wilson got onto the field late in the year, I think if Fox was playing well enough Gun would've got him on the field more. Al and Gun have a lot of control over who sees the field...

Thats the point I was making about Fox, it wasnt that he wasnt any good, it was that he had been injured through preseason and till around game 5 or 6 and still have to learn the playbook and wasnt ready yet to play so his biggest contributions would be on ST's.

I would say now that he's had time to get the playbook and schemes down that he is far more advanced now then he was at the time when we needed him last year and I would expect him to make a real push for a starting job this year.

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 02:50 PM

Oh sheesh, did you really say this ?

Beisel,Mitchell both made the team. Maz was PUP ........ Rich would have made the PS either way.

It wasn't until Barber got hurt was he activated.

Suck up, your evaluation last year was wrong, as was many others.

Fact is , he is a good player and will make this years team as well.

BTW, you claim he is bad in pass caoverage ? You are so far from thre truth. He was good college, the scouts praised him for it in reports, he has had broken up pass's and INT's in NFLE , as much as TC last year.

Something tells me have a mouthful of shit to speak with. But that's just me. :p

royr17
04-30-2005, 02:52 PM
What about the other 99% of players we send to NFLE? You know, the ones who don't make it.

Those guys suck. They dont have the tools Rich has. Rich will make the team and will eventually be a starting MLB in the NFL and will succeed at making plays.

TRR
04-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Oh sheesh, did you really say this ?

Beisel,Mitchell both made the team. Maz was PUP ........ Rich would have made the PS either way.

It wasn't until Barber got hurt was he activated.

Suck up, your evaluation last year was wrong, as was many others.

Fact is , he is a good player and will make this years team as well.

BTW, you claim he is bad in pass caoverage ? You are so far from thre truth. He was good college, the scouts praised him for it in reports, he has had broken up pass's and INT's in NFLE , as much as TC last year.

Something tells me have a mouthful of shit to speak with. But that's just me. :p

Wow, your not worth my time. Do you want to take me up on that bet or not. Let's bet sigs on it. Sound good. Put your sig where your mouth is.

beer bacon
04-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Its a good thing this thread turned into another discussion about Rich "I eat NFL Europe guys like you for breakfast" Scanlon. A good thing.

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Fact is , he is a good playerHow is that a "fact", exactly?

tk13
04-30-2005, 02:57 PM
It is amazing how we've gone from Rich just being some guy we were arguing about to make the squad to being future All-Pro starting MLB. I can see it's going to be a long two months of "dead zone" before training camp.

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Wow, your not worth my time. Do you want to take me up on that bet or not. Let's bet sigs on it. Sound good. Put your sig where your mouth is.

Your evaluation was off on him last year.

Bet, what bet ? You seem to be running your fingers ( mouth ) about him not being good in coverage ( pass deflections, INT's ) when clearly you are wrong.

What are you wanting to bet. Clearly with your wondermus evaluation skills and 3 new LB's on this years team you clearly have an edge on the this bet. So what is your bet that you wish to submit ?

TRR
04-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Your evaluation was off on him last year.

Bet, what bet ? You seem to be running your fingers ( mouth ) about him not being good in coverage ( pass deflections, INT's ) when clearly you are wrong.

What are you wanting to bet. Clearly with your wondermus evaluation skills and 3 new LB's on this years team you clearly have an edge on the this bet. So what is your bet that you wish to submit ?

LOL! Read post 122. I WILL BET YOU SIGS THAT SCANLON DOESN'T MAKE THE 53 MAN ROSTER.

My Lord, If Scanlon is as good as you say he is, he should have no problem beating out Mitchell and Grigsby at MLB.

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm off to Walmart, check in when I get back .

TRR
04-30-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm off to Walmart, check in when I get back .

So you don't want the bet puss?

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 03:03 PM
LOL! Read post 122. I WILL BET YOU SIGS THAT SCANLON DOESN'T MAKE THE 53 MAN ROSTER.

OK, that was III. But since it runs in the family, I'll back that one up.....

Funny you say roster now when before it was practice squad.

Call what you want, I'll check back in after my trip to Walmart, the wife is waiting.

We can discuss this further about roster, PS, sigs, etc.

TRR
04-30-2005, 03:05 PM
OK, that was III. But since it runs in the family, I'll back that one up.....

Funny you say roster now when before it was practice squad.

Call what you want, I'll check back in after my trip to Walmart, the wife is waiting.

We can discuss this further about roster, PS, sigs, etc.

We don't have to discuss anything. The bet is sigs. If Scanlon makes the roster, you win and I will put anything you want in my sig. If Scanlon doesn't, then I win.

It's funny, if Scanlon is as good as you say, he should at least be able to beat out Mitchell and Grigsby. If you think the PS is all Scanlon is capable of, then I would have to agree.

tk13
04-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I think Scanlon can make the 53 man. Not sure about the 45 man active gameday roster, but we'll see.

Bob Dole
04-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Thats the point I was making about Fox, it wasnt that he wasnt any good, it was that he had been injured through preseason and till around game 5 or 6 and still have to learn the playbook and wasnt ready yet to play so his biggest contributions would be on ST's.

I would say now that he's had time to get the playbook and schemes down that he is far more advanced now then he was at the time when we needed him last year and I would expect him to make a real push for a starting job this year.

Fox lives in Gunther's basement.

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 04:48 PM
We don't have to discuss anything. The bet is sigs. If Scanlon makes the roster, you win and I will put anything you want in my sig. If Scanlon doesn't, then I win.

It's funny, if Scanlon is as good as you say, he should at least be able to beat out Mitchell and Grigsby. If you think the PS is all Scanlon is capable of, then I would have to agree.

53 man roster, that's fine if we can agree on the sig line and length of time.

Call your sig ......... As for what you will have to sport.... :hmmm:

How about,"Rich Scanlon is far better than the credit I gave him, matter of fact, I didn't know what I was talking about. For that matter, many planet members were as wrong as I was about Rich Scanlon,"

Sport it for 1 month, 2 months,the whole season ?

If this is acceptable to you, let me know. Send me your sig line bet and I'll let you know if I'm willing.

go bowe
04-30-2005, 05:15 PM

How about,"Rich Scanlon is far better than the credit I gave him, matter of fact, I didn't know what I was talking about. For that matter, many planet members were as wrong as I was about Rich Scanlon,"

If this is acceptable to you, let me know. Send me your sig line bet and I'll let you know if I'm willing.scanlon would likely be the third string mlb, so he would have to be kept on the roster for just special teams...

and dv doesn't like to carry guys who are specialists (remember dante hall being forced to "make the team" as a wr?)...

so, barring injuries to mitchell and/or grigsby, i don't think rich will make the 53 man roster...

and if he does, i'll put that statement about rich in my sig alongside bo (barring injury to mitchell/grigsby)...

(you may have to remind me... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

TRR
04-30-2005, 05:25 PM

If this is acceptable to you, let me know. Send me your sig line bet and I'll let you know if I'm willing.

My sig will read...."I was wrong about Rich Scanlon. Scanlon is a glorified water boy. Rich Scanlon is, at best, a practice squad player."

We will carry the bet till bye week.

nascher
04-30-2005, 06:37 PM
scanlon should make it

we can carry 8 lb's if we don't carry de number 5 (Garry Stills)

Bell
Barber
FOX
DJ
SCANLON
Grigsby
Mitchell
FUJITA

possible we carry 7 like last year with barber starting the season on pup and scanlon on the 53.

ROYC75
04-30-2005, 06:42 PM
My sig will read...."I was wrong about Rich Scanlon. Scanlon is a glorified water boy. Rich Scanlon is, at best, a practice squad player."

We will carry the bet till bye week.

Hot damn, yours is bit more nasty, but that is fine by me.

I can live with it, after all it is a sig line bet amongst friends.

Douche Baggins
04-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Scanlon has alot of tackles but his run defense sucks. Maybe it's him, maybe it's not.

nascher
04-30-2005, 06:45 PM
?

Douche Baggins
04-30-2005, 06:46 PM
?

Lately the Thunder have been giving up a shitload of rushing yards.

TRR
04-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Hot damn, yours is bit more nasty, but that is fine by me.

I can live with it, after all it is a sig line bet amongst friends.

Yes it is. A friendly bet. FWIW, I will proudly carry that sig if I am wrong. That will mean KC got another FA steal in Scanlon.

htismaqe
04-30-2005, 08:46 PM
I think that's an interesting leap... there have been lots of fights over the last couple years, Hicks and Sims, the supposed fight between our WR's and CB's, and DV's said there are a lot of things that go on that they keep in the family, that's just the way the game is. I don't know, Fox looks really undersized to me when he's out there on the field, plus he was a rookie that was hurt. Parker and Wilson got onto the field late in the year, I think if Fox was playing well enough Gun would've got him on the field more. Al and Gun have a lot of control over who sees the field...

At the end of the season last year he was the same size as Donnie Edwards.

And if you think Gun has much control over it, I think you're kidding yourself. If Gun had say, he wouldn't still be using Guinta and the like.

tk13
04-30-2005, 08:48 PM
At the end of the season last year he was the same size as Donnie Edwards.

And if you think Gun has much control over it, I think you're kidding yourself. If Gun had say, he wouldn't still be using Guinta and the like.
I said players, not coaches.

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 09:05 PM
I believe Gun has total control over who he plays.

And we don't know that he would change anything on the coaching staff. They gave him carte blanche with personnel this offseason, I can't imagine they wouldn't let him swap a coach or two if he wanted.

htismaqe
05-01-2005, 06:06 AM
I said players, not coaches.

I said he doesn't have as much control as some would have us believe. The coaches were an example.

htismaqe
05-01-2005, 06:07 AM
I believe Gun has total control over who he plays.

And we don't know that he would change anything on the coaching staff. They gave him carte blanche with personnel this offseason, I can't imagine they wouldn't let him swap a coach or two if he wanted.

And we don't know that Gun was given carte blanche with personnel. For all we know, these were the players Vermeil wanted, or the players Carl wanted.

What we know for a fact is that Gunther likes who we added, which isn't at all a big surprise. After how bad the defense was last year, you'd expect him to be happy if we brought in Carrot Top.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 06:10 AM
you'd expect him to be happy if we brought in Carrot Top.
I imagine Carrot top has put on 10-15 lbs of muscle this off season.

htismaqe
05-01-2005, 06:20 AM
I imagine Carrot top has put on 10-15 lbs of muscle this off season.

That's because he's on roids and AT&T's testing policy isn't strict enough.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 06:29 AM
That's because he's on roids and AT&T's testing policy isn't strict enough.
Are kidding me?

The real reason is because lil Roy says so.

:)

yoswif
05-01-2005, 09:26 AM
As far as potential goes, I don't see much difference between an undrafted rookie who plays well in NFLE in his first opportunity, like Scanlon, and a mid round draft pick from a small college like Grigsby. I'm sure most would conceed that the talent level in NFLE exceeds the talent level in college div 1-AA.

But then I think Gun will use Grigsby at the same position and role he plans for Bell, the same position and role Anthony Davis played in the great Chief's defenses of the '90's, so what do I know.

ROYC75
05-01-2005, 09:35 AM
As far as potential goes, I don't see much difference between an undrafted rookie who plays well in NFLE in his first opportunity, like Scanlon, and a mid round draft pick from a small college like Grigsby. I'm sure most would conceed that the talent level in NFLE exceeds the talent level in college div 1-AA.

But then I think Gun will use Grigsby at the same position and role he plans for Bell, the same position and role Anthony Davis played in the great Chief's defenses of the '90's, so what do I know.

I too see Grigsby being moved to the OLB in that type of role, due to his speed.

As far as Rich, I see him as the backup MLB this year.

BTA, that's just me, please refer to my sig line. :p

keg in kc
05-01-2005, 10:35 AM
And we don't know that Gun was given carte blanche with personnel. For all we know, these were the players Vermeil wanted, or the players Carl wanted.

What we know for a fact is that Gunther likes who we added, which isn't at all a big surprise. After how bad the defense was last year, you'd expect him to be happy if we brought in Carrot Top.Sorry, I know you really, really want to get your point across, but when multiple independent sources (including Gunther himself) say he gave Peterson a wish list, and the players we signed were all on that list, it's safe to say he got carte blanche.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Sorry, I know you really, really want to get your point across, but when multiple independent sources (including Gunther himself) say he gave Peterson a wish list, and the players we signed were all on that list, it's safe to say he got carte blanche.

coming in late to the discussion, but if he had TRUE carte blanche wouldn't Hartwell and Rolle be on this team?

i mean they tried for other players first ... so that means they either tried for the 2nd choice players in the beginning or got the 2nd choice players in the end.

either way it doesn't lend itself to a real carte blanche situation.

as you were .... carry on STFU :p

philfree
05-01-2005, 11:37 AM
coming in late to the discussion, but if he had TRUE carte blanche wouldn't Hartwell and Rolle be on this team?

i mean they tried for other players first ... so that means they either tried for the 2nd choice players in the beginning or got the 2nd choice players in the end.

either way it doesn't lend itself to a real carte blanche situation.

as you were .... carry on STFU :p

It's pretty obvious that we tried to sign both Hartwell as well as Bell and we never made Rolle an offer so I don't think we ended up 2nd choices. Obviously we didn't sign Bell to be the MLB because he's never played MLB before and Gun has penciled in as the RLB. I'll agree that though Gun got to pick his players he really didn't have carte blanche.

TRR
05-01-2005, 11:41 AM
It's pretty obvious that we tried to sign both Hartwell as well as Bell and we never made Rolle an offer so I don't think we ended up 2nd choices. Obviously we didn't sign Bell to be the MLB because he's never played MLB before and Gun has penciled in as the RLB. I'll agree that though Gun got to pick his players he really didn't have carte blanche.

I disagree with Bell being pegged at the ROLB. Gun specifically said he never played MLB at Pitt (which is a bad statement because there is no true MLB in Pitt's scheme). Gun then said that he will not peg any of his LB's right now. He specifically stated that there will be a flowing depth chart and position chart through T.C.

Bell isn't penciled in anywhere. Either is DJ or Fujita. The best 3 LB's will start.

JimNasium
05-01-2005, 12:05 PM
This thread might be tops in dumbassery ratio.

Bob Dole
05-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Gunther may not have had carte blanche, but Bob Dole has it on pretty good authority that he ofter orders a la carte.

philfree
05-01-2005, 12:24 PM
I disagree with Bell being pegged at the ROLB. Gun specifically said he never played MLB at Pitt (which is a bad statement because there is no true MLB in Pitt's scheme). Gun then said that he will not peg any of his LB's right now. He specifically stated that there will be a flowing depth chart and position chart through T.C.

Bell isn't penciled in anywhere. Either is DJ or Fujita. The best 3 LB's will start.

IMO if we'd have signed Hartwell too, Bell would have been the RLB and we did try and sign him up till he signed with the Falcons so I think what I posted has a little merit. I did see the flowing depth chart comment and I do believe the best LBs will play. I never said anything was written in stone.

PhilFree:arow:

Coogs
05-01-2005, 12:28 PM
The best 3 LB's will start.

Ya think? :hmmm:

I guess over the next couple of months it's up to all of us Planet members to come to a consensus on who the top three are then, huh? :)

Coogs
05-01-2005, 12:59 PM
And in all fairness, I think the Planet is close to agreeing on 2 of the top 3. DJ and Bell are probably marked on about 85-90% of the ballots I would guess. Spot #3 seems to be the LB spot in question here....
along with just where everyone of the 3 should play. That battle could go well into the season I would guess.

On a side note. I still think we are going to see the 4-3 defense as a base, but I expect to see a 3-4 used quite a bit of the time with Fox, Bell, Mitchell, and Johnson (R to L). JMO, along with my ballot for the top 4 LB's on the roster.

nascher
05-01-2005, 01:01 PM
agreed :)

yoswif
05-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I too see Grigsby being moved to the OLB in that type of role, due to his speed.

As far as Rich, I see him as the backup MLB this year.

BTA, that's just me, please refer to my sig line. :p

With Anthony Davis previously, and Bell and Grigsby now, it's like sending a 250 lb bowling ball through the gap created when Allen takes an outside rush and the DT attacks the guards inside shoulder. I don't see players like DJ, Barber, Fox, or Fujita having a similar effect. If Bell and Grigsby are featuring in the Anthony Davis role, I don't see either having much time to learn the MLB position.