PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Whats the deal with the asian girl? (I forgot her name) One on the Galactica and one on Caprica...so which one is the cylon? I admit I didn't get to see all the episodes so I'm kinda behind here...I can't wait for the second season

KC Jones
04-29-2005, 09:41 PM
You should be able to catch up on all the episodes before they start the next season. As for the Asian (boomer) - every single version of her is a cylon.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Whats the deal with the asian girl? (I forgot her name) One on the Galactica and one on Caprica...so which one is the cylon?Both of them. In the season finale one of the highlights for me was getting to see a bunch of naked Boomers. Asian girls, my achille's heel.I admit I didn't get to see all the episodes so I'm kinda behind here...I can't wait for the second seasonTonight was only the fourth episode of the season, if memory serves, so you haven't missed all that much. The best two episodes to this point were probably 33, the premeire, and last week's episode Bastille Day. I'm sure you'll have 230474374759 more opportunities to see reruns, though, knowing SciFi.

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:44 PM
You should be able to catch up on all the episodes before they start the next season. As for the Asian (boomer) - every single version of her is a cylon.

yeah I got all excited the other night cause there was 3 hours scheduled and I turn to watch it and it was from the 70's show :banghead: ahhh so she infiltrated before the invasion then?

Bowser
04-29-2005, 09:45 PM
yeah I got all excited the other night cause there was 3 hours scheduled and I turn to watch it and it was from the 70's show :banghead: ahhh so she infiltrated before the invasion then?

Her and others.........

muuuwahahahahahahaha............

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Both of them. In the season finale one of the highlights for me was getting to see a bunch of naked Boomers. Asian girls, my achille's heel.Tonight was only the fourth episode of the season, if memory serves, so you haven't missed all that much. The best two episodes to this point were probably 33, the premeire, and last week's episode Bastille Day. I'm sure you'll have 230474374759 more opportunities to see reruns, though, knowing SciFi.

yeah I remember seeing that part...with the cylon ship getting blown up....just couldn't see all of it cause I got home late from work...oh the other question I had whats with the blonde chick in the scientists head? did they put something in his brain?

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Her and others.........

muuuwahahahahahahaha............ ROFL

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah I got all excited the other night cause there was 3 hours scheduled and I turn to watch it and it was from the 70's show ahhh so she infiltrated before the invasion then?They had the first eight episodes of the original on during the day Monday. Got them all DVRd and waiting for when I want to reminisce.

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:48 PM
They had the first eight episodes of the original on during the day Monday. Got them all DVRd and waiting for when I want to reminisce.

gah....I thought the original was a joke....I remember trying to watch it as a kid and being bored out of my mind

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:48 PM
yeah I remember seeing that part...with the cylon ship getting blown up....just couldn't see all of it cause I got home late from work...oh the other question I had whats with the blonde chick in the scientists head? did they put something in his brain?Your guess is as good as mine. They haven't really made that clear.

Brief spoiler...

She does show up...in the flesh, as it were, during the season. Pretty good episode that one. They had a pretty strong freshman season.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:49 PM
gah....I thought the original was a joke....I remember trying to watch it as a kid and being bored out of my mindI like the first 4-6 hours. After that, I could care less.

I was only 5 at the time it first aired, so I don't have any memories of it.

Bowser
04-29-2005, 09:50 PM
yeah I remember seeing that part...with the cylon ship getting blown up....just couldn't see all of it cause I got home late from work...oh the other question I had whats with the blonde chick in the scientists head? did they put something in his brain?

Well, I'm of the opinion that Baltar is a cylon, and doesn't know it. Yet.

If I had her talking to me in my mind, I'd drive her crazy with me always having to run to my room or the can to relieve some tension. Then again, I probablly will never be misunderstood to be a genious, either.

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Your guess is as good as mine. They haven't really made that clear.

Brief spoiler...

She does show up...in the flesh, as it were, during the season. Pretty good episode that one. They had a pretty strong freshman season.

yea I remember that one...I think one of the few episodes I have seen in full...the other I can think of is the water shortage/inmate uprising one

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Well, I'm of the opinion that Baltar is a cylon, and doesn't know it. Yet.I've pondered that, as well, but I think that's too easy. Plus Six has been so single-minded about getting him to love her. I think he's human.

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:53 PM
I like the first 4-6 hours. After that, I could care less.

I was only 5 at the time it first aired, so I don't have any memories of it.

yeah I'm sure it was re-runs along with that damn cowboy show that will smith did a movie based on....the name is escaping me now

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah I'm sure it was re-runs along with that damn cowboy show that will smith did a movie based on....the name is escaping me nowWild Wild West. Never watched it.

go bowe
wild wild west

DenverChief
Well, I'm of the opinion that Baltar is a cylon, and doesn't know it. Yet.

If I had her talking to me in my mind, I'd drive her crazy with me always having to run to my room or the can to relieve some tension. Then again, I probablly will never be misunderstood to be a genious, either.

Interesting take :hmmm:

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Wild Wild West. Never watched it.

yeah thats it....

Over-Head
04-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Didn't Baltr get wacked by a robot with a head that lighted up when it spoke,who took over on him in the origional?

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Didn't Baltr get wacked by a robot with a head that lighted up when it spoke,who took over on him in the origional?

I missed that...I wouldn't mind seeing the first episode again

Bowser
04-29-2005, 10:04 PM
I've pondered that, as well, but I think that's too easy. Plus Six has been so single-minded about getting him to love her. I think he's human.

I'm going with the reverse, reverse psychology here. I would agree with you, except for that time he pinpointed the target on the cylon base. Just pulled it out of his ass. And how come he never reported Boomer as a cylon? Even to her?

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm going with the reverse, reverse psychology here. I would agree with you, except for that time he pinpointed the target on the cylon base. Just pulled it out of his ass. And how come he never reported Boomer as a cylon? Even to her?

so the test does work?

Bowser
04-29-2005, 10:09 PM
so the test does work?

Yep, just takes forever. I think he said to test the whole fleet would take 66 years.

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm going with the reverse, reverse psychology here. I would agree with you, except for that time he pinpointed the target on the cylon base. Just pulled it out of his ass. And how come he never reported Boomer as a cylon? Even to her?He was afraid of what she'd do to him once she found out.

I do think Tigh's wife is a Cylon.

And...what if Adama really is a cylon, like Leobon told Roslin.

Or, even better, what if Roslin herself is the cylon?

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 10:11 PM
He was afraid of what she'd do to him once she found out.

Commander Adama got shot in the finale right?

Bowser
04-29-2005, 10:13 PM
He was afraid of what she'd do to him once she found out.

Yeah, you're right. Helluva first season. When does season 2 start? Already can't wait.....

This past year while waiting for Galactica to start, I really got into Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. I had never watched SG1 before this year. Is it worth the time and money to go out and start collecting the first six or seven seasons on DVD?

Bowser
04-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Commander Adama got shot in the finale right?

That's one way to put it. Perforated might fit better........

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 10:16 PM
This past year while waiting for Galactica to start, I really got into Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. I had never watched SG1 before this year. Is it worth the time and money to go out and start collecting the first six or seven seasons on DVD?I never watched SG-1 before it came to sci-fi, but it's kind of a guilty pleasure now. I've caught all the episodes on sci-fi, they replay 4 hours every monday and I happened to catch it one week when they reran the series premeire, then watched the rest from that point on. It's worth a once-over, but I'm not sure it's replayable. Maybe something for the netflix queue. If I had one. But I probably wouldn't buy it.

DenverChief
04-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah, you're right. Helluva first season. When does season 2 start? Already can't wait.....

This past year while waiting for Galactica to start, I really got into Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. I had never watched SG1 before this year. Is it worth the time and money to go out and start collecting the first six or seven seasons on DVD?

Stargate IMO has horrible actors and I can't get into it because of it...I think the second season starts in july

Over-Head
04-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Stargate IMO has horrible actors and I can't get into it because of it...I think the second season starts in july
Yep

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Stargate IMO has horrible actorsWell, what do you expect, they're Canadian.

(that's for you, over-head. CanadaKC, too...who's an actor ROFL)

I gotta get to bed, I was supposed to be asleep a half hour ago. :shake:

Over-Head
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, what do you expect, they're Canadian.

(that's for you, over-head. CanadaKC, too...who's an actor ROFL)

I gotta get to bed, I was supposed to be asleep a half hour ago. :shake:
So was :

Martin Short (comedic actor)
Donald Sutherland (movie actor)
Raymond Burr (star of "Perry Mason" television show)
Leslie Nielsen (comedic movie actor)
Mike Meyers (comedic actor)
Margot Kidder (actress; Lois Lane of "Superman" movies)
Peter Jennings (ABC television news host)
Douglas Henning (magician, and advocate of Transcendental Meditation)
Michael J. Fox (television and movie actor)
James Doohan (actor; Scotty of "Star Trek")
James Cameron (director of movie "The Titanic")
Jim Carrey (comedic actor)
Keanu Reeves (movie actor)
William Shatner (actor; Captain Kirk of "Star Trek")
Pamela Anderson (actress on "Baywatch")
Dan Aykroyd (movie actor; Elwood of "The Blues Brothers")

Just to name a few
Got them from this google list
http://www.pencildude.ca/famous_canadians.html
or this one
http://probability.ca/jeff/canadians.html

Bowser
04-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Canoe Reeves!

ROFL

Frazod
04-29-2005, 10:53 PM
A bit off topic, but the final episodes of Enterprise have been really good (the show has been cancelled, and this is it for the series).

The last two featured the crew's evil counterparts in the mirror universe commandeering a Constitution class cruiser (identical to the Enterprise from the original series). They constructed sets and made uniforms and props identical to those on the old Enterprise, and the story was awesome - probably the best I've seen of the current show.

It was really cool to see a new show with modern visuals set on a ship from the 60's show.

I like the new Battlestar Galactica, but I will miss Enterprise. :( I've really gotten into it over the past couple of years.

mounged
04-30-2005, 07:55 AM
the name of the show was Wild Wild West with Robert Conrad

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 08:04 AM
A bit off topic, but the final episodes of Enterprise have been really good (the show has been cancelled, and this is it for the series).

I like the new Battlestar Galactica, but I will miss Enterprise. I've really gotten into it over the past couple of years.Yeah, same here.

I read something on SciFi wire yesterday about how Berman's going to let the franchise rest for a few years. Because he thinks "oversaturation" has been the cause for the poor ratings. Hello, asshole, the poor ratings came because you suck. You and Braga can't come up with a good series on your own. Enterprise finally became good when you clowns brought in new writers and changed the way the series was run.

And now it's cancelled. Nice. Just when you're getting it right.

Well, maybe a rest is a good thing. A few years without Trek might help me forget that Voyager was ever on the air.

Lzen
04-30-2005, 09:02 AM

The last two featured the crew's evil counterparts in the mirror universe commandeering a Constitution class cruiser (identical to the Enterprise from the original series). They constructed sets and made uniforms and props identical to those on the old Enterprise, and the story was awesome - probably the best I've seen of the current show.

It was really cool to see a new show with modern visuals set on a ship from the 60's show.

I like the new Battlestar Galactica, but I will miss Enterprise. :( I've really gotten into it over the past couple of years.

They're cancelling Enterprise? Aw, that sucks. I haven't seen the 2nd part of the evil counterpart episodes (got it on the DVR now) but the first part was really cool. They even went so far as to put some yellow sections on the outside of enterprise (perhaps signifying aggressiveness like a wasp?). Just another nice touch, IMO.

I just don't think there's enough interest in ST with the mainstream networks, which is where it's been aired here along with all the other ST series'. I wonder if they signed on with Sci Fi Channel if their ratings would go up. I would bet they would go up a lot.

Frazod
04-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah, same here.

I read something on SciFi wire yesterday about how Berman's going to let the franchise rest for a few years. Because he thinks "oversaturation" has been the cause for the poor ratings. Hello, asshole, the poor ratings came because you suck. You and Braga can't come up with a good series on your own. Enterprise finally became good when you clowns brought in new writers and changed the way the series was run.

And now it's cancelled. Nice. Just when you're getting it right.

Well, maybe a rest is a good thing. A few years without Trek might help me forget that Voyager was ever on the air.

I agree completely. Voyager a/k/a boring do-gooders rehashing Lost in Space, SUCKED ASS, and Enterprise quickly became a Voyager clone - ironically, about the time I stopped watching it for a couple of years. When I heard they were reworking it a bit because viewer interest had waned, I gave it another look, and they had, indeed, done the right thing.

Another problem is UPN, the pathetic Fox-wannabe semi-network which has a stranglehold on the Star Trek franchise because of Paramount. The only show I ever watched on UPN was Star Trek, and that's only because I'm a fairly hardcore fan. If the show was on Sci-Fi Channel, it probably wouldn't be ending. But you're not going to pick up very many new casual fans on a network that nobody watches.

In the end, I'm just losing a favorite show (two, if you count Third Watch, which is also getting whacked this month). Nice to know that crap like Survivor and Fear Factor is still flourishing, though. :#

Calcountry
04-30-2005, 11:28 AM
I like the first 4-6 hours. After that, I could care less.

I was only 5 at the time it first aired, so I don't have any memories of it.I was a 13 at the time, and I have a lot of fond memories of the female stars of the original show. ;):whackit:

Over-Head
04-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Haven't been able to watch a whole Battlestar Galactica show yet.
-Enterprise is on later than I can stay up (I catch a 6am boat every morning) and wouldn't have the time to watch video anyway although for a while at the start of the sedries I was glued to it.
-Star Trek of any type is just too damn predictable.
-Andromada isn't bad, the better half is glued to it, so after supper we sit and relax together while she watches it.

milkman
04-30-2005, 08:29 PM
the name of the show was Wild Wild West with Robert Conrad

The series was entertaining and fun.
The Movie with Will Smith was quite possibly the worst movie ever.
Whoever wrote, produced, and directed this piece of shit should be shot.

The idea had so much potential, and they just screwed it up royally.

And the casting was TERRIBLE.

As for Battlestar Galactica, I've been meaning to check it out, but it keeps slipping my mind.

And as for ST, my DirectTV sattelite provider doesn't even offer a UPN affiliate here.