PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here watch "The Shield" ?

Deberg_1990
04-29-2005, 09:00 PM
In a nutshell, Awesume show! Ive never watched it before this season, but have become hooked this year. So whats the backstory with Vic's old taskforce? Why do they dislike each other so much? Anybody know?

keg in kc
04-29-2005, 09:05 PM
There's a bunch of us on here who watch it. Or at least it used to be that way. I'm not sure why we're not talking about it much these days.

This is their fourth season and it'd be kind of hard to wrap the other three years into a small package. The tension this year is basically because they stole some money last year - and Shane's newlywed wife nearly killed another member of the Strike Force, and they had to cover that up, too - but one of them (Ronnie) started getting cold feet, which is why he and Shane are at each other's throats.

They've really gotten into a lot of shit over the years. It can be a pretty convoluded show.

Bowser
04-29-2005, 09:07 PM
They stole a bunch of money from the Algerian mob, but couldn't spend any of it because the money ended up marked. But Shane ****ed up and let his fiancee' take some of it to help her mom out, but the mom found out there was cash laying around, tried to blackmail them, Vic gets muy pissed, they fall out........

You really should check out the first two seasons. Season one was outstanding, season two was OK, but the third season is kicking ass again.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Cool, thanks for the updates. Maybe we need to start a permanant thread for this show?

SBK
04-29-2005, 09:28 PM
I'd rent the previous seasons. It carries over from year to year, and you'll see stuff from previous seasons in the beginning when it says "previously on THE SHIELD."

Can't wait to see how Shane tries to kill Vic this week.....What a great twist.

Psyko Tek
04-29-2005, 10:18 PM
the first three seasons are out on dvd definately worth the rental

Uncle_Ted
04-29-2005, 10:52 PM
And of course, Shane's use of "Cletus Van Damme" several times as his regular alias, classic.

BIG_DADDY
04-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Dude you watch WAY too much TV. What's this your 50th thread on a new show now? I watch too much as well but holy cow what is it straight from work to the couch for you every day?

dilligaf
04-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Dude you watch WAY too much TV. What's this your 50th thread on a new show now? I watch too much as well but holy cow what is it straight from work to the couch for you every day?
Thats why I had my cable diconnected and cant watch my favorite show, which was The Shield.

Lzen
04-30-2005, 07:42 AM
So is this the 3rd or 4th season? Cause I'm pretty sure I've seen most of the last 2 seasons before this year. This season has been outstanding. Every week I'm left wanting to see more. Very entertaining show. :thumb: I'm not a big TV watcher but this is one of the few shows that I have to catch every week.

PastorMikH
04-30-2005, 08:06 AM
I started watching The Shield about 4 weeks ago and am rather hooked myself.

I will have to check into renting the last couple of seasons.

Deberg_1990
04-30-2005, 08:23 AM

hahah..no, not really, the only shows I watch regularly are this one, Lost, Survivor, Nip/Tuck, Battlestar Galactica and Apprentice. I do have a family. Thats why I got a TIVO though so i could record and watch this stuff later.

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 08:32 AM
So is this the 3rd or 4th season? 4th

Baby Lee
04-30-2005, 08:40 AM
What's wierd about this show for me personally, is that I love it and think it's one of the best shows out there, but I sooo often forget that it's on. I thought maybe it was because I rarely, if ever, watch FX, but I had no problem catching Rescue Me. It happened again this week. It was like Thursday afternoon and something reminded me of The Shield, and I was like "Dude, you missed another episode."

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 08:45 AM
DVR has been a life-saver for me in that way. Or a life-ender, I guess. Because I can never remember what's on when. What's funny when I'm in a heavy period at work and I switch on the TV some evening and have 35 hours of recorded shows that are about to start cycling out.

Brock
04-30-2005, 09:16 AM
What's wierd about this show for me personally, is that I love it and think it's one of the best shows out there, but I sooo often forget that it's on. I thought maybe it was because I rarely, if ever, watch FX, but I had no problem catching Rescue Me. It happened again this week. It was like Thursday afternoon and something reminded me of The Shield, and I was like "Dude, you missed another episode."

:rolleyes: Tivo.

Baby Lee
04-30-2005, 09:40 AM
:rolleyes: Tivo.
I had a choice of, standard satellite with DVR, HDTV satellite, or HDTV satellite with DVR, only the third option was $950 with a three month wait list while the other two were free with a renewed commitment package.
And the HDTV satellite doesn't have a coaxial output, only DVI, Component and composite, so unless I come up with a 30+ foot set of composite cables, I can't input it into my HTPC.
So I have to tape on the VCR. And the other problem is that Tues at 9 is a congested time slot. Up until a couple months ago, it was sacred NYPD Blue first and always time, AND Law and Order SVU, AND The Shield. And even when Blue went on hiatus, Line of Fire turned out to be a GREAT show too. Now it's SVU and Blind Justice [which I'm giving a chance because it's Bochco and the female lead is smoking].

Brock
04-30-2005, 09:44 AM
I had a choice of, standard satellite with DVR, HDTV satellite, or HDTV satellite with DVR, only the third option was $950 with a three month wait list while the other two were free with a renewed commitment package.
And the HDTV satellite doesn't have a coaxial output, only DVI, Component and composite, so unless I come up with a 30+ foot set of composite cables, I can't input it into my HTPC.
So I have to tape on the VCR. And the other problem is that Tues at 9 is a congested time slot. Up until a couple months ago, it was sacred NYPD Blue first and always time, AND Law and Order SVU, AND The Shield. And even when Blue went on hiatus, Line of Fire turned out to be a GREAT show too. Now it's SVU and Blind Justice [which I'm giving a chance because it's Bochco and the female lead is smoking].

FYI, the Shield is on 4 times per week.

Wow, I haven't even turned my VCR on in 2 years. :)

Baby Lee
04-30-2005, 09:46 AM
FYI, the Shield is on 4 times per week.

Wow, I haven't even turned my VCR on in 2 years. :)
Yeah, I'm planning on catching it tomorrow at 9.

Uncle_Ted
04-30-2005, 10:42 AM
It's definitely been four seasons:

1st season -- shot the mole that infiltrated the strike team; don't get caught.

2nd -- hey, the Armenian mob has all this cash, how can we steal it?

3rd -- oh crap, everyone from the mob to the feds are after the money we stole

4th -- this season

Obviously a lot more was going on, but this might help put the episodes in context.

Demonpenz
04-30-2005, 11:15 AM
i don't watch the show anymore. I think it's not very realistic