PDA

View Full Version : What's your stance on dating co-workers?

Count Zarth
04-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Poll forthcoming.

keg in kc
04-30-2005, 07:31 PM
I work alone. So I guess technically I'm already dating a couple of co-workers, lovely Palmela and feisty Fistina.

cdcox
04-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure my wife would be against it.

milkman
04-30-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm adamantly opposed to dating co-workers.

Of course, I'm married, and all my co-workers are men.

DJay23
04-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I've done it a couple times (in my younger days at the grocery store) and neither one turned out well. Made going to work suck ass. NOw that I am a grown up I won't do it, even though there are a couple hotties I wouldn't mind laying the wood to.

Rain Man
04-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I married a woman I met at work, but she worked in a different department and we had no professional interaction.

Same department or work group, no. Someone two buildings over, yes.

Sure-Oz
04-30-2005, 08:01 PM
I'd maybe try it if you don't have to see them all the damn time, like in a diff. work area. Otherwise no.

Tribal Warfare
04-30-2005, 08:15 PM
depends, how hot is she? If she isn't smokin it would be a bad idea

jcroft
04-30-2005, 08:16 PM
I work alone. So I guess technically I'm already dating a couple of co-workers, lovely Palmela and feisty Fistina.

That's hot.

NaptownChief
04-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Dating is typically what you do when you were unsuccessful at scoring thr first time you met up...I wouldn't recommend it, it could lead to expensive problems like marriage.

Tribal Warfare
04-30-2005, 08:18 PM
That's hot.

:banghead:

dude, you said a Hiltonism

4th and Long
04-30-2005, 08:24 PM
I can't say that I've "dated" any women I worked with, unless you call frequent sex with no strings attached "dating." Although I'm no longer seeing any of those women and it never caused any problems, I've seen it ruin a lot of working relationships for others.

ENDelt260
04-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Dating is typically what you do when you were unsuccessful at scoring thr first time you met up...I wouldn't recommend it, it could lead to expensive problems like marriage.
That's great advice in general... whether you work with the gal or not. Good job. Rep.

ENDelt260
04-30-2005, 08:56 PM
When I worked for Motorola I dated another Motorola employee very briefly. We had no interaction at work. We met at a bar... though, it was because we were there drinking with work folks and a person who did know both of us introduced us.

Bout a year after we dated I switched offices and by random luck landed in the cube right next to hers in my new office. Made me glad I'd only made a moderate ass out of myself when things fizzled out.

SCTrojan
04-30-2005, 09:06 PM
depends, how hot is she? If she isn't smokin it would be a bad idea

What he said.

cheeeefs
04-30-2005, 09:12 PM
I think my stance would have to be from behind, that way if she wants to talk shop I can tune it out a little easier.

KCChiefsMan
04-30-2005, 09:37 PM
at my work, the boss's girlfriend of several years is a terrible employee...not good at her job at all, and lazy. So she gets all the big raises and promotions (no BS) she got promoted to marketing coordinator and with a big payday. Not one person I work with would disagree that "it's not how you play, it's who you lay"

redsurfer11
04-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Situations like these at work can turn into total dissasters I have only had sex at work once, with a customer who was trying to buy wood doors, took her to the paint room, had some fun. The next time she came in ,she brought her husband. I was wondering the whole time if he knew.
Where I work now it happens all the time. It never works out well for either partner. I refuse advances all the time. Can't Shyt where you sleep.

DJay23
05-01-2005, 12:30 AM
with a customer who was trying to buy wood doors,
Sounds like she got some wood alright.

mounged
05-01-2005, 06:21 AM
It can work out. I married my boss.

DJay23
05-01-2005, 06:29 AM
I teach in a middle school (no I don't date the students) and two of my best friends there are dating. We are all part of a larger group that hangs out quite a bit in and out of school. One of my other friends from the group and I were talking about this very thing. We imagined that if anything ever happened and the two who were dating split, it would not only affect their relationship it would affect the whole group, because suddenly people are taking sides. Either that or one of them would have to be exiled from the group. Realistically, feelings get hurt, people get resentful and that's just not something you want to have to deal with when you are trying to do an already stressful job.

Of course if it works out, we're all one big happy family.

ROYC75
05-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Dating somebody from work is just like dating anybody anywhere.The only problem is when you cut ties, the person from work can have a much longer lingering asffect.

You must decide if that person is worth the risk.

RNR
05-01-2005, 09:13 AM
ROFL

RNR
05-01-2005, 09:26 AM
I dated a supervisor while working at Boeing. She ran the shop behind mine. She is now married to a upper level manager, and we remain friends to this day. There was some rumbling about her dating a "worker" but I did not work for her. I ended it because she traveled in a slacks and dress shoe crowd and I am a boots and blue jeans guy. It worked out fine for us, but I have seen it go bad for others. If it ends badly you still have to work together.

PastorMikH
05-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I would say that gochiefs can't be too choosy and if he actually has a girl at McDonnalds that doesn't run at the sight of him, he should definately take a chance on asking her out. It may be his once in a lifetime chance at actually dating a member of the opposite sex.

Ebolapox
05-01-2005, 12:26 PM
my fiance trained me at my current job, but quit within a month after that, and then we started dating... so, I guess, I'm down with it

-EB-

Mr. Laz
05-01-2005, 01:10 PM
don't date at a job that you really want to keep :p

almost nothing good comes from it long term

if it's a part-time job .... bone your heart out :)

Nzoner
05-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Did it a couple of times with no problems then ended up marrying one of my bosses,that's when the problems started.

el borracho
05-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Really depends on the people involved. If both people can behave civilly after a breakup and handle seeing their ex on a regular basis, then fine.

CosmicPal
05-01-2005, 03:35 PM
I have sex with my female supervisors in order to move up the corporate ladder.

Herzig
05-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Never dip the "pen" in the company "ink".

Frazod
05-01-2005, 03:50 PM
A good rule to live by is DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT. This applies to where you work and where you live.

Other than a couple of awkward moments, the work thing was okay (only did it once, and she was only an office-to-office messenger, so I didn't have to deal with her much). But I got into a horrid and destructive relationship with the bitch that lived next door. When that went bad, well, bad doesn't begin to describe it. I eventually ended up breaking my lease to get away from her.

Just say no.

Son of Logical
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I am currently dating someone from work, and I got to say it is a bad call. She is a step below me in the food chain, and that is causing problems. When I tell her to do something she gives me that "Who the fuk are you talking to" look. It is also causing problems in the relationship. I gotta give the thumbs down to dating at the work place.

badgirl
05-01-2005, 04:29 PM
This is not a good idea, I done it twice, both were my supervisors, they weren't suppose to be dating employees, one ended in ME losing my job, not him, he kept his position, that wasn't fair, but they weren't gonna get rid of someone who had been there 15 years for someone who was working through a temp agency. The second time was just a bad experience, I would never do it again. :shake:

Rain Man
05-01-2005, 05:06 PM
When I was single, my stance for dating in the workplace was feet apart and usually leaning against an elevator wall.

Ebolapox
05-02-2005, 05:26 PM
heh, while we're on the subject, my fiance's my (former) boss's daughter... I'm the only one who's still with the company, though... heh heh

-EB-