PDA

View Full Version : Last Year the Defense lacked A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

royr17
04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
This year thats not the case.

Picked up some key players with a attitude to there game. Also with GUN returning to the sideline, that really helps.

Dont think for one minute that the players wont be playing out there with a chip on there shoulder saying "DO IT RIGHT or GET A EAR FULL FROM GUN".

And that attitude I feel is goin to really help this "D-FENSE" this year.

GO CHIEFS IN 2005, ONE MORE TIME FOR DT ........

Warrior5
04-30-2005, 10:42 PM
They also lacked T-A-L-E-N-T; glad to see some of both back under Gun this year.

royr17
04-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Yes indeed, they lacked TALENT too.

royr17
04-30-2005, 11:23 PM
I cant wait till the season starts cause we are goin to see a different defense released with the attitude of the 90's

Rudy lost the toss
04-30-2005, 11:33 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. A much as I love this offseason, I'm trying not to be too optimistic because I remember that they are still the chiefs and I'll probably be dissapointed at the end of next season. I hate being an offseason homer because Shawn Barber, Brett Perriman, Ray Crockett, Dexter McCleon (I still have hope that he will make a good nickelback), Johnny Morton, Derrick Alexander (minus 2000), Dan Williams, John Welbourn (dissapointing at RT last year and cost two draft picks), Chester McGlockton, Vonnie Holliday, and Duane Clemons were all supposed help the chiefs win a Super Bowl.

I know that this year the chiefs have gotten more proven players than years past, but I rather wait and see rather than get my hopes up. Hopefully the new acquisations will turn out like Green, Holmes, and Roaf have.

Ghost
05-01-2005, 12:05 AM
...Hopefully the new acquisations will turn out like Green, Holmes, and Roaf have.

Holmes is without a doubt a miracle pickup that the Chiefs made. I shudder to think back when we had the RBbC not too long ago. Roaf and perhaps Holmes are HOF material and kind of offset some of the duds we have brought in through FA.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2005, 12:26 AM
I think T-H-I-S thread is kind of w-ird.

arrowhead20
05-01-2005, 05:35 AM
Derrick Johnson will singlehandedly be the reason we stop the broncos from killing us with those G*DD@MMED bootlegs!!!!
He will also be able to run and hang with Antonio Gates in coverage as well.

Derrick "The Messiah" Johnson!!!!!

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Ok back of TShirt.

htismaqe
05-01-2005, 07:12 AM
When Derrick Thomas died, the Chiefs defense lost what was left of it's heart and soul.

We haven't had much talent, heart, desire, or attitude since 1998.

Kclee
05-01-2005, 10:49 AM
When Derrick Thomas died, the Chiefs defense lost what was left of it's heart and soul.

We have/had Shannard Harts.

yoswif
05-01-2005, 11:53 AM

I think it's his ability to beat Dlinemen at the snap that has been hardest to replace. Jared Allen showed great potential to provide a Derrick Thomas like threat to blocking schemes and I hope Carlos Hall will do the same replacing Hicks on the other side.

Frankie
05-01-2005, 12:05 PM
They also lacked T-A-L-E-N-T; glad to see some of both back under Gun this year.
I agree with royr17. I call it a "shortage" of talent, but a complete "lack" of attitude. Left over from GRob's system.

Thig Lyfe
05-01-2005, 12:07 PM
BOOMer GRIGSby

clap, clap, clap clap clap

trndobrd
05-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Derrick "The Messiah" Johnson!!!!!

Nice to see that no one is setting unreasonable expectations for our rookie LB. :)

If Derrick Johnson doesn't turn water into wine or feed all of Arrowhead with a few loaves and fishes, I say he's another King Carl bust.

Frankie
05-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Nice to see that no one is setting unreasonable expectations for our rookie LB. :)

If Derrick Johnson doesn't turn water into wine or feed all of Arrowhead with a few loaves and fishes, I say he's another King Carl bust.
Amen.

Sparhawk
05-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm just looking forward to hearing the crunching sounds our LB's make when they hit opposing players!