PDA

View Full Version : it's been a WEEK - How can the STOOGES still have their jobs??

Stuckinbama
12-29-2000, 08:47 PM
UNBELIEVABLE! There has been more than enough time for changes. When are these MORONS going to get canned? Any local news?? It is driving me crazy not knowing what the heck is going on!

Cannibal
12-29-2000, 10:27 PM
Steve,
It is a positive sign. Let me try to explain.

To me, keeping everybody intact at this point is a signal that there will be a complete overhaul - Gun included. Let's face it, Stock is gone, he is an easy scapegoat. There is no reason why he is still on the team, unless of course Carl plans on getting rid of everyone. You wouldn't fire Stock now, and then Gun a few weeks down the road. If an assistant were fired, to me, it would be a sign that Gunther is staying. But if you leave everyone and eventually fire the head coach, the assistants go with him. The new head coach brings in his own support staff.

So you ask why the delay in giving Gun the pink slip? IMO, Carl is waiting until both the Bowl Games and some of the playoff games are over so he can talk to possible head coaching candidates. If he finds someone who is interested he will fire Gun at that point. He won't get rid of him without a viable replacement like Snyder did in Washington.

My bet, he is interested in Spurrier. You heard it here first.

Stuckinbama
12-29-2000, 11:19 PM
I hope you're right but I'm not sold on Steve Spurrier. I think that his offensive schemes are a tad "gimmikie" for the pros. they work fine in college but I don't believe it would work in the NFL. I also don't think that Spurrier will be a successful NFL coach. He's just as wacked as Lou Holtz. Anyway, just my opinion. Again - I PRAY that you're right about the staff. it's a bummer being in Houston and not being able to hear what's going on in KC!

alanm
12-30-2000, 09:01 AM
KC-CHIEFS-FAN-TX,
Chiefnj has the best take I've heard so far. Believe me, if there was ANY news, you'd read it here. But Arrowhead is silent as a graveyard; NO ONE is there.
Hope Chiefnj is right.

Stuckinbama
12-30-2000, 09:53 PM
FINALLY things are heating up! i'm counting the seconds until they're all FIRED!