View Full Version : 2005 Defensive Rank?

Thig Lyfe
05-01-2005, 11:01 AM
What will the Chiefs' new D's overall ranking be next season with all of the new additions?

Mr. Laz
05-01-2005, 11:14 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaay too early

we don't even know who the starters are yet ... or even who is going to be healthy enough to play.

DJay23
05-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I think we'll have a rough start, but gel somewhere around week 10, just in time for the playoff push. I think we'll still be better than last year in those first 10 games, just not a top tier D.

CoMoChief
05-01-2005, 01:13 PM
I think that our DT's and Eric Hicks are the keys or X Factors in our defense this year. If they can provide enough pressure for our back 7 players to be in position to make plays, then this year will be like the old glory days of our defense. Sims needs to man up this year (big time). Dalton should improve from a fair season last year, that goes the same with Allen. With Hall pushing him Im sure he'll improve.

This is a VERY bold prediction, but I'll say that we as a team defensively have a top 5 rushing and top 15 in passing.

We need TONS of attitude from our defensive players (as well as offense) this season and that all starts in the locker rooms, weight, training rooms, mini camps, on-the-field activites, you name it. From what people have heard Sammy Knight is being a leader. He probably knows more about the game than anyone on the defensive side of the ball. Him and Surtain know how to feed off of eachother. They will push Warfield and Wesley, and Woods.

For some reasons coaches like Eric Hicks. I dont know why, he hasnt had a good season since 2000 when Gun was head coach. He really needs to man up this year. He's in the prime of his career (or should be) and theres no reason he can't post 10-12 sacks this season. Hell he goes up against the best damn O-line in the NFL every day in practice. You can't get any better practice than that.