chiefqueen
05-01-2005, 12:34 PM
...........that's all I'm saying.

WilliamTheIrish
05-01-2005, 12:35 PM
You better not f*ck this up...

chiefqueen
05-01-2005, 12:38 PM
I only posted b/c there was no game thread.

Cochise
05-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Well, they are winning 5-0. And it's the radio guys on the TV. Lima is pitching lights-out. This might be as good as it gets the rest of the year.

Cochise
05-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Lima's no hit bid is broken up in the bottom of the 6th.

DaWolf
05-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Soon as the thread gets posted, the Indians get 3 hits... :banghead:

WilliamTheIrish
05-01-2005, 12:43 PM
I only posted b/c there was no game thread.

Relax. I don't really blame you.

Ok. I do actually. :)

eazyb81
05-01-2005, 12:46 PM
you guys just HAD to jinx it....

Cochise
05-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Someone delete this thread.

petegz28
05-01-2005, 12:50 PM
There goes our 5 run lead

petegz28
05-01-2005, 01:38 PM
We pulled Sisco again why???

OmahaChief
05-01-2005, 01:45 PM

So Burgos could mow em down! Royals win!!!

SCTrojan
05-01-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm unbelievably superstitious when it comes to this type of stuff. So, when I saw the thread on the board, I nearly had a heart attack.

The rational part of me knows that this thread had absolutely nothing to do with how the game turned out.

The superstitious part of me asks, who knows how the universe works?

Anyway, I'm glad we got the win and took the series in the process.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Pete is so dissapointed in the win...

Good job Royals!

petegz28
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM

Good job Royals!

Oh go suck an onion. I am glad we won. Just was afraid Pena was gonna play the pitcher merry-go-round and blow it again. Sisco was looking good. I am not one who believes in changing pitchers just to change pitchers.

VonneMarie
05-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks alot Chiefqueen! :cuss:

Great win tho. :)

SCTrojan
05-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Sisco was looking good.

He did have a great inning, but I started screaming when he walked the leadoff batter.

I saw some stat on the broadcast Friday night where we allow about 60% of the leadoff walks come around to score.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2005, 02:30 PM
We brought Burgos up to lclose, we may as well let him do it. 2 in a row and their not L's!!!!

keg in kc
05-01-2005, 02:37 PM
I turned it on in the bottom of the 8th. Perfect timing. Schaweet. We're on a roll, now, baby.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2005, 02:44 PM

Good job Royals!
i see you pull the same crap about baseball too

anyone who expresses any doubt or dissatisfaction must really want the team to lose.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 02:45 PM
i see you pull the same crap about baseball too

anyone who expresses any doubt or dissatisfaction must really want the team to lose.
Anyone who only talks about them when they lose and is silent when they win?

Sure.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 02:47 PM

Sure.
Furhtermore, you could fill a whole BB with people who are doubtful or dissatisfied with the Chiefs that I don't "pull" this with...maybe there is more to it...

Cochise
05-01-2005, 03:21 PM

Sure.

Exactly.

I think many of them actually derive pleasure from the team losing. If they were winning there would be nothing to bitch about.

Kind of like earlier in the offseason, 'Carl and Lamar are cheap bastards' threads abounded, but after they broke the bank the biggest critics are largely silent.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Exactly.

I think many of them actually derive pleasure from the team losing. If they were winning there would be nothing to bitch about.

Kind of like earlier in the offseason, 'Carl and Lamar are cheap bastards' threads abounded, but after they broke the bank the biggest critics are largely silent.
that's comment is as stupid as you are

do you just make this chit up as you go along or do you actually put some limited brain power into thinking about it?

yep ... that's it

people actually watch every chiefs game, spend countless hours discussion and evaluating the chiefs ... hang on every draft pick BECAUSE THEY SECRETLY HOPE THEY WILL LOSE.

you a complete and utter piece of d!ckcheese

Cochise
05-01-2005, 03:41 PM

do you just make this chit up as you go along or do you actually put some limited brain power into thinking about it?

yep ... that's it

people actually watch every chiefs game, spend countless hours discussion and evaluating the chiefs ... hang on every draft pick BECAUSE THEY SECRETLY HOPE THEY WILL LOSE.

you a complete and utter piece of d!ckcheese

wtf did I say to you? Blow it out your Laz.

ROFL I can assure you that your opinion of me is the last thing on my mind, Mr. Internet Toughguy

WilliamTheIrish
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM

Why do you continue to ask a question that you know the answer to?

Everybody and their mother knows you don't like Pena's style. But it's been made perfectly clear that Sisco will set up, and Burgos will close.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't see how that is so crazy, I know a lot of people who are only happy when they are bitching about something...alot of people feed on that. I run into a million of them in places I work.

The comment Laz took offense to was funny as well. There are all kinds of people on this board that were pissed off at some of our wins we got last year. Thats mainly why I made a few posts and treads apologizing for the wins we got late last year; it upset some. Thats not projection it is fact.

|Zach|
05-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Why do you continue to ask a question that you know the answer to?

Everybody and their mother knows you don't like Pena's style. But it's been made perfectly clear that Sisco will set up, and Burgos will close.
ROFL

Logical
05-01-2005, 04:20 PM

Good job Royals!
Hey I wil admit I am dissappointed every time they win. It may keep them from breaking the record for most losses in a season. The Royals really need to do something notable and that is the only thing they can possibly achieve.

VonneMarie
05-01-2005, 04:32 PM
ROYALS WILL WIN THE 05 WS! :clap:

petegz28
05-01-2005, 06:27 PM

Sure.

Well damn we have only won 7 games. Not a whole hell of a lot of winning to be screaming about is there???

beavis
05-01-2005, 06:29 PM

I don't wanna get in the middle of a pissing match, but did anyone else laugh when they read this?

beavis
05-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Well damn we have only won 7 games. Not a whole hell of a lot of winning to be screaming about is there???
I think if you based your argument in some kind of reality, instead of "Glass is cheap and should sell the team to somebody who cares", you might have a little more credibility.

Saulbadguy
05-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I like when the Royals win, cause the next day is $2.00 Turkey subs at Planet Sub. Eat that, bitches.

tk13
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Did anybody realize that Andy Sisco leads all MLB relievers in strikeouts? That is pretty tough. 17 IP, 6 BB, 20 K, 1.06 ERA.

siberian khatru
05-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Did anybody realize that Andy Sisco leads all MLB relievers in strikeouts? That is pretty tough. 17 IP, 6 BB, 20 K, 1.06 ERA.

I think he also leads all relievers in IP. I hope they don't burn him out by the All-Star Break -- if not sooner.

But, he's been their most effective pitcher, so what can you do?

He's exceeded, by far, all expectations so far. A wondeful pickup by Allard. A "free" player -- just the kind of guy you need to snag if you're a small-market team.

WilliamTheIrish
05-01-2005, 07:35 PM
I think he also leads all relievers in IP. I hope they don't burn him out by the All-Star Break -- if not sooner.

But, he's been their most effective pitcher, so what can you do?

He's exceeded, by far, all expectations so far. A wondeful pickup by Allard. A "free" player -- just the kind of guy you need to snag if you're a small-market team.

A gem.

Wasn't this kid suffereing from a dead arm last season? Gotta be extra careful with him.

But hey, what do I know? I should probably defer to Petegz.

beavis
05-01-2005, 07:58 PM
His line is a little misleading though. He was brought in with runners on base a couple of times and let some runs in that weren't charged to him.

But yeah, he's been a pleasent suprise.

petegz28
05-01-2005, 08:05 PM
I think if you based your argument in some kind of reality, instead of "Glass is cheap and should sell the team to somebody who cares", you might have a little more credibility.

Credibility with you is somehting I can care less about. I am still disappointed in Glass and so is the league. The guy needs to up some coin. 7 games out of 30 is hardly anything to cheer about. I give it to our players though. They continue to play hard even though their owner doesn't. $50 million is not a lot to ask for from Glass. Maybe if he bought a coupe solid veterans or kept some..i.e. Joe Randa for one, we might have a little on-the-field leadership and some of thos 1 run games owuld of gone in our favor.

I don't like Glass, probably never will. Not until he shows he wants to put a competitive team on the field.

petegz28
05-01-2005, 08:08 PM
A gem.

Wasn't this kid suffereing from a dead arm last season? Gotta be extra careful with him.

Guess I am old school and want more than one inning out of our pitchers. Especially when the 1 inning they threw was only 9-10 pitches. 2 innings is not a lot to ask. I don't like the 6 inning starts then bring in 4 different guys to finish the game.

tk13
05-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I swear on the statue of Frank White I'm going to have a coronary by the end of the year if I have to keep hearing about Joe freaking Randa.

Coach
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
A gem.

A little bit of that, but basically it's more of his weight problem and his lazy attitude. That's why the Cubs made him a Rule 5 becuase they were getting tired of waiting for him to be "dominat" like he is now, not to mention that one time he was up to 300 pounds or so.

Nice pick-up by the Royals. Just hope that you don't over use him.

petegz28
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I swear on the statue of Frank White I'm going to have a coronary by the end of the year if I have to keep hearing about Joe freaking Randa.

LOL! Randa was an affordable solid veteran defender with a decent stick. I was all for keeping Dye too or even Rondell White. Take your pick. Beltran I understand was destined to leave from the begining.

petegz28
05-01-2005, 08:15 PM
I hope Pena has figured out Harvey belongs on this team and NOT Pickering. I think Harvey just needs playing time to work on his batting skills more but is a solid first basemen.

tk13
05-01-2005, 08:29 PM
LOL! Randa was an affordable solid veteran defender with a decent stick. I was all for keeping Dye too or even Rondell White. Take your pick. Beltran I understand was destined to leave from the begining.
I appreciate everything he did but I do not understand why such a large chunk of Royal fans have a hard-on for him. He was not that good... not worth the money we would've paid him to pick up his option. He's not a $3.5 million dollar a year third baseman. He really didn't do much of anything with the bat last year until the last two months when we were a zillion games out of first. He had 3 homers and 26 RBI going into August 1st last year, horrible, horrible numbers for a third baseman. Chris Truby could probably give us that. I really doubt Randa wanted to play here anyway because Teahen's waiting in the wings. He went somewhere where he is more likely to have long-term job security.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Harvey has hit in every level, he just needs more power and avoiding balls in the back lol

WilliamTheIrish
05-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Guess I am old school and want more than one inning out of our pitchers. Especially when the 1 inning they threw was only 9-10 pitches. 2 innings is not a lot to ask. I don't like the 6 inning starts then bring in 4 different guys to finish the game.

Bully for you Pete. But the game has evolved to this. Hell, there have always been "5 and fly" guys like Milt Wilcox.

The game has evolved to this and while I'm not crazy about it, it's here.

You can count the guys who consistently go 7 on your fingers and toes these days.

WilliamTheIrish
05-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I hope Pena has figured out Harvey belongs on this team and NOT Pickering. I think Harvey just needs playing time to work on his batting skills more but is a solid first basemen.

Neither of these players should be wearing a MLB uni.

petegz28
05-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Neither of these players should be wearing a MLB uni.

Maybe. But it's what we have. And between the 2 I take Harvey.

petegz28
05-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Bully for you Pete. But the game has evolved to this. Hell, there have always been "5 and fly" guys like Milt Wilcox.

The game has evolved to this and while I'm not crazy about it, it's here.

You can count the guys who consistently go 7 on your fingers and toes these days.

I was referring more to having a middle-reliever, then a set-up guy, then a closer. The guy we bring in in the 7th should at least be able to pitch 2 innings, then bring in your closer. I hate the lefty vs. lefty and the righty vs. righty stuff. If you have a hot pitcher leave him in.

big nasty kcnut
05-01-2005, 09:27 PM
We rolling go royals.

tk13
05-01-2005, 10:21 PM
On the bright side, we're only 3 games behind the Yankees in the wild card race, despite that pesky 180 million dollar difference in payroll. :)

beavis
05-01-2005, 11:33 PM
I appreciate everything he did but I do not understand why such a large chunk of Royal fans have a hard-on for him. He was not that good... not worth the money we would've paid him to pick up his option. He's not a $3.5 million dollar a year third baseman. He really didn't do much of anything with the bat last year until the last two months when we were a zillion games out of first. He had 3 homers and 26 RBI going into August 1st last year, horrible, horrible numbers for a third baseman. Chris Truby could probably give us that. I really doubt Randa wanted to play here anyway because Teahen's waiting in the wings. He went somewhere where he is more likely to have long-term job security.
His salary alone makes him a player that peterpuffer likes.

beavis
05-01-2005, 11:34 PM
On the bright side, we're only 3 games behind the Yankees in the wild card race, despite that pesky 180 million dollar difference in payroll. :)
Ahhh, life's little victories. ROFL

petegz28
05-02-2005, 11:54 AM

I will give you that his last year wasn't great. But again he was more worth it than some of the other guys we are paying $'s too. Specifically for his glove and veteran leadership. I just said his stick was decent, not great. Or like I said there was Dye or White.

Regardles of what bungholio Beavis says you get what you pay for. People like a Sisco that you get for a steal are a far and few between.