PDA

View Full Version : Winslow hurts himself riding a motorcycle.

Kclee
05-02-2005, 01:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-browns-winslowaccident&prov=ap&type=lgns

Winslow injured in motorcycle accident

May 2, 2005
WESTLAKE, Ohio (AP) -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was scheduled to be transferred to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday where the team's medical staff would treat him, Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.

``He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were,'' Arcuri said.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home.

The first-round draft pick missed nearly all of his rookie year after breaking his leg in the second game of the season. He has had two operations on the leg.

Heh, moron.

Amnorix
05-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I feel bad for Savage and Crennell, as it appears they've inherited a prime talent, but also a self-centered, arrogant, nut-job athlete.

I give it 1, at most 2, years before they're looking to trade him.

jspchief
05-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Browns draft picks are pwn

mikey23545
05-02-2005, 01:41 PM
That's weird...When he was thrown from the motorcycle, why didn't he just use his super powers to start flying?....

Rain Man
05-02-2005, 01:42 PM
He hit a curb? I didn't think an athlete would hit a curb.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I thought he was suppose to be a ****ing solider.

Ultra Peanut
05-02-2005, 01:43 PM
At least it wasn't a moped.

Mr. Laz
05-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Kellen Winslow Jr. starring in:

http://www.alyon.org/generale/theatre/cinema/affiches_cinema/a/am-ar/american_warrior.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Moron. :shake: I almost want to stand up and clap... I feel bad for wanting to do that, but the egocentric little prick should know better. And it probably is in his contract that $$$ is voided if he's injured on a motorcycle. I want to say, "Serves him right," but I feel bad for feeling that way.

Iowanian
05-02-2005, 01:50 PM
couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hope the pavement tore his nose off.

morphius
05-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I think the only injury I had when I flew over the handlebars on my bike was that my shoulders hurt for about 2 months and a little scratch on my nose where my open visor hit me. Though I was doing only 25 and had my helmet strapped on.

siberian khatru
05-02-2005, 01:52 PM
The Man keeps building curbs to keep the brothers down.

Spicy McHaggis
05-02-2005, 01:53 PM
What a moron, while I hate to see anyone injured its tough to feel bad about this one.

Bob Dole
05-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Winslow is a bust.

jspchief
05-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Will he get a Purple Heart for that?

Mile High Mania
05-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Winslow will never live up to the potential... he'll be a bust. Five years from now, Denver will trade a 6th rounder for him.

Spicy McHaggis
05-02-2005, 02:14 PM

rep ROFL

No but he will get some pie.

chagrin
05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
''It's war,They're out there to kill you, so I'm out there to kill them. We don't care about anybody but this U. They're going after my legs. I'm going to come right back at them. I'm a soldier!''

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

munkey
05-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Denver will trade a 6th rounder for him.

I bet it will be the Raiders....

Iowanian
05-02-2005, 02:20 PM
I wonder if a Bengal put a stick in his spokes?

jspchief
05-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Five years from now, Denver will trade a 6th rounder for him.And Taco will say it's not a sexy trade, but he likes it.

Chiefnj
05-02-2005, 02:25 PM
The Poston's have demanded that the Browns pay for new "softer" curbs in the entire state of Ohio.

ZootedGranny
05-02-2005, 02:26 PM
"Hahaha, when will you bitches learn? Your arms are too short to box with God. NEXT!"
http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/lookerspics/TonyGonzalez.jpg

Bob Dole
05-02-2005, 02:26 PM
On a positive note, Bob Dole doesn't think even a severe head injury could render him any more mentally deficient.

Logical
05-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I cannot believe all the people who hold that soldier statement against him still. I know that when I was that age there were probably a lot of things I said that would not have looked good in the National media. I am sure that is true of many of you as well.

I wish nothing but the best for Kellen Jr. except when he plays the Chiefs.

ENDelt260
05-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Hell, Jim, there's things I said just this past weekend that wouldn't look good in the national media.

ROYC75
05-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Hell, Jim, there's things I said just this past weekend that wouldn't look good in the national media.

ROFL
Rep......

I know the feelings, III gets me so damn ticked off I say things I shouldn't say.

David.
05-02-2005, 02:37 PM
couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hope the pavement tore his nose off.

ROFL

omfg

alpha_omega
05-02-2005, 02:38 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Brock
05-02-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm amazed his daddy lets him ride a motorcycle.

Ultra Peanut
05-02-2005, 02:40 PM
"Hahaha, when will you bitches learn? Your arms are too short to box with God. NEXT!"
http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/lookerspics/TonyGonzalez.jpgNice.

I'm amazed his daddy lets him ride a motorcycle.ROFL

Mr. Laz
05-02-2005, 02:42 PM
I cannot believe all the people who hold that soldier statement against him still. I know that when I was that age there were probably a lot of things I said that would not have looked good in the National media. I am sure that is true of many of you as well.

i think his soldier reference was just one thing that leads to people's attitude about him.

his dad is pretty much a jackass ... and has said several things

a jackass doesn't generally fall far from the tree

he's already mentioned holding out

he's already saidthe "white man holding him down" crap at least a couple times IIRC

shockey pretty much gets the same treatment because he's an arrogant ass too.

it's a general attitude imo, not just the soldier crack

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 02:42 PM
And Taco will say it's not a sexy trade, but he likes it.

ROFL

jspchief
05-02-2005, 02:43 PM

Thats what happens when you are a dick. People cut you a lot less slack. It may be his style to be an arrogant ass, but part of the deal is that he'll make a lot of enemies in the process.

You and I don't get a multi-million dollar contract to soften the blow of media scrutiny either.

munkey
05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm amazed his daddy lets him ride a motorcycle.

Yeah...It's about as smart as fighting a bull or catching footballs from a 15 story building....

Coogs
05-02-2005, 02:46 PM

This happened to Jason Williams, point guard from the Chicago Bulls a couple of years ago. He hit his leg on a tree after being thrown from the bike, and it messed him up bad enough he still hasn't played any more B-ball. Don't know if he ever will either.

Hope Winslow's injury's are not that bad.

Fire Me Boy!
05-02-2005, 02:48 PM
I kinda do... does that make me a bad person?

munkey
05-02-2005, 02:49 PM
This happened to Jason Williams, point guard from the Chicago Bulls a couple of years ago. He hit his leg on a tree after being thrown from the bike, and it messed him up bad enough he still hasn't played any more B-ball. Don't know if he ever will either.

Isn't he the one that shot his driver?

Looser....

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I would have sympathy for the guy if cased it on some nasty jump or layed it over tucked in a corner but how in the **** do you hit a curb doing 35 in a college parking lot?

go bowe
05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
shades of percy snow...

nfl players + motorized 2-wheelers do not mix...

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 02:54 PM
shades of percy snow...

nfl players + motorized 2-wheelers do not mix...

Sure they do, I'll bet a lot of players ride you just hear about the stupid ones.

Radar Chief
05-02-2005, 02:56 PM
I would have sympathy for the guy if cased it on some nasty jump or layed it over tucked in a corner but how in the **** do you hit a curb doing 35 in a college parking lot?

By not knowing how to ride.

Kclee
05-02-2005, 02:57 PM

Looser....

Same name but different person. The guy from the Bulls started going by Jay Williams because of it.

Chiefnj
05-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Still a classic:

http://www.footballguys.com/04bang_negotiation.htm

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM

I understand that but 35 MPH? Come on I did better than that at 6. You don't give it much gas till your comfortable.

Bob Dole
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I understand that but 35 MPH? Come on I did better than that at 6. You don't give it much gas till your comfortable.

You do if you're a true road warrior.

jarjar
05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Professional Athletes stand to lose a lot from even minor injuries. I'd say riding motorcycles as a hobby is something I'd avoid were I an athlete.

seclark
05-02-2005, 03:21 PM
He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were,'' Arcuri said.

sounds like someone might have racked their nuts...
sec

Simplex3
05-02-2005, 03:26 PM
sounds like someone might have racked their nuts...
sec
Maybe he ripped his sack. If anyone in sports would deserve something like that I think he'd be at the top of the list.

Skip Towne
05-02-2005, 03:27 PM

That's the MUron in you talking. The guy is a complete dick.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 03:27 PM
You do if you're a true road warrior. ROFL

morphius
05-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Professional Athletes stand to lose a lot from even minor injuries. I'd say riding motorcycles as a hobby is something I'd avoid were I an athlete.
I think you just nominated yourself to go tell Priest to give up his bike.

Good luck with that.

Pennywise
05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/brandnewbike.html

Check out that hot rod...

seclark
05-02-2005, 03:42 PM

looks like it handles a little funny.
sec

Radar Chief
05-02-2005, 03:43 PM

You do if you're a true road warrior.

Thatís Ďbout right.

Radar Chief
05-02-2005, 03:45 PM

Hey, that looks like an SV650. That wasnít Cochise was it? :hmmm:

Pennywise
05-02-2005, 03:49 PM
sec
Too bad for the poor tree...If you look closely I think he knocked some leaves loose.

Pretty nice little sideroll for the judges though.

Radar Chief
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
sec

One of my motorcycling friends works at the local Honda Shop.
He told me one day he had a kid come from KC to get a Honda CBR900RR they were selling but the kid had never ridden a street bike, much less a 120 HP bike capable of speeds in excess of 160 MPH.
The kids mom drops him off and suggests he ride in town to get used to the bike before riding it all the way back to KC. So he heads out of the Honda Shop parking lot but never makes the left to head into town, and instead went straight across the street and through the ditch across the street before going down in the field on the other side of the ditch. All my friend and his coworkers could do was stand on the show room floor and watch as this kid tried his best to win a Darwin Award.
The kid eventually got the bike back up and on the road, though my friend doesnít know if he made it home OK since he never heard from him again.

munkey
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
So he heads out of the Honda Shop parking lot but never makes the left to head into town, and instead went straight across the street and through the ditch across the street before going down in the field on the other side of the ditch. All my friend and his coworkers could do was stand on the show room floor and watch as this kid tried his best to win a Darwin Award.
The kid eventually got the bike back up and on the road, though my friend doesnít know if he made it home OK since he never heard from him again.

ROFL

My cousin did something similar on a moped when we were kids. My brother had a JAWA moped that he left the key in and my cousin and I (I think we were about 10 or 11) decided to take it for a spin...Needless to say my cuz ran directly into a cedar fence at bout 20 mph. He was lucky not seriously hurt himself...I don't think I've ever laughed so hard....

morphius
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
He told me one day he had a kid come from KC to get a Honda CBR900RR they were selling but the kid had never ridden a street bike, much less a 120 HP bike capable of speeds in excess of 160 MPH.
The kids mom drops him off and suggests he ride in town to get used to the bike before riding it all the way back to KC. So he heads out of the Honda Shop parking lot but never makes the left to head into town, and instead went straight across the street and through the ditch across the street before going down in the field on the other side of the ditch. All my friend and his coworkers could do was stand on the show room floor and watch as this kid tried his best to win a Darwin Award.
I could see that. I'm glad I wasn't so cocky when I got mine. I just test drove it around a couple blocks and had them tie it down in the truck for me. The guys at the shop were a bit shocked that I didn't get about 45mph, but damn I wasn't going to wreck my first bike on my first test drive.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 04:21 PM

I don't know WTF people are thinking when they do stupid shit like that. I had friends ask me about riding that had never been on a bike before. My suggestion was always to spend some quality time on a dirt bike before you ever hit the street. You learn how the bike handles when it starts to slide and how to save it along with developing your motor skills.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I could see that. I'm glad I wasn't so cocky when I got mine. I just test drove it around a couple blocks and had them tie it down in the truck for me. The guys at the shop were a bit shocked that I didn't get about 45mph, but damn I wasn't going to wreck my first bike on my first test drive.

I remember buying a good as new GS 1100 about 10 years ago. I go out to the guys house and as soon as I saw it I knew I would buy it for what he was asking provided there was nothing wrong with it. I asked the guy if I could take it for a test ride and he said sure. I drove it around for a bit and then by his house at like 120MPH. When I pulled back in the driveway the guy was all pissed. "WTF are you doing?" he said. "I'll take it" was my response as I pulled a wad of 100s from my pocket. He calmed down pretty quick but the expression on his face when I pulled in was priceless.

Radar Chief
05-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't know WTF people are thinking when they do stupid shit like that.

Itís the ďIím too kewl to ride a small bikeĒ syndrone. A.K.A. ďLoose nut behind the bars.Ē ;)

I had friends ask me about riding that had never been on a bike before. My suggestion was always to spend some quality time on a dirt bike before you ever hit the street. You learn how the bike handles when it starts to slide and how to save it along with developing your motor skills.

Thatís good advice. Also, if you hit the ground on the dirt itís a lot less painful than ďface plantingĒ on the pavement.

ChiTown
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
ROFL

My cousin did something similar on a moped ....

Your cousin wouldn't happen to be Percy Snow, would he.........

Radar Chief
05-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Your cousin wouldn't happen to be Percy Snow, would he.........

Disappointing that it took 64 posts for the first Percy Snow reference. ;)

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Thatís good advice. Also, if you hit the ground on the dirt itís a lot less painful than ďface plantingĒ on the pavement.

Although I don't have a streetbike at this very moment I spent a great majority of my adult life with a number of them. I can't even tell you how many times my experience on dirt saved me on the street. Suffice to say if I had not ridden dirt bikes I would have seriously hurt or killed myself in the street. There is no way I would ever let anyone I had control over and cared about on a street bike without first spending some time on the dirt even if it's for only like a 100 hours.

DanT
05-02-2005, 04:38 PM
I wonder if he thought the curb was going for his legs. Good thing he's a warrior. Experience with a catapult can come in handy, especially when you are performing one.

stevieray
05-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Coupled with trying to show off...

With the strap undone? that's as dangerous as not wearing a helmet.

My guess is he was starting out, undersestimated the power of his bike...dumped the clutch at a high rev...lost control and got the crap scared out of him from curb to ground.

stevieray
05-02-2005, 04:46 PM
. My suggestion was always to spend some quality time on a dirt bike before you ever hit the street. You learn how the bike handles when it starts to slide and how to save it along with developing your motor skills.

Excellent advice

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 04:51 PM
My guess is he was starting out, undersestimated the power of his bike...dumped the clutch at a high rev...lost control and got the crap scared out of him from curb to ground.

I sure wish we had this on video. Which leads to the next issue, showing off. I can tell you this much, whenever I am on a new bike I take some time to get familiar with it and how it feels and responds before I try anything tricky on it.

penguinz
05-02-2005, 04:54 PM

Looser....Kind of ironic that you are calling someone a term you can't even spell correctly.

stevieray
05-02-2005, 04:54 PM
I sure wish we had this on video. Which leads to the next issue, showing off. I can tell you this much, whenever I am on a new bike I take some time to get familiar with it and how it feels and responds before I try anything tricky on it.

Exactly. first thing I do is hardbraking, to feel the threshold of the brakes.

DanT
05-02-2005, 04:56 PM
When I got a motorcycle license back in the 1980's, I read that if your body is going about 30 mph when it smashes into something solid (like, say, a windshield) that you have a good chance of dying. I imagine that Mr. Winslow was able to dissipate a lot of energy during his landing.

You see some hilarious sh!t on motorcycles. In Chicago one Saturday morning on a fairly empty road in an industrial part of town, I was waiting at a light in my car when some clown in the next lane lost control of his bike. I think he thought he was drag-racing or something. He ended up doing a couple of tight circles inside his lane. It would have been impressive if it were intentional. Anyway, he went zoom, circle, zoom, circle, flat on his ass. Hysterical. I asked him if he was ok and of course he picked the bike up and drove off. Probably busted about 8 or 9 assbones and 2 ribs, but when you make that bunch of a clown out of yourself, you just got to pick up the bike and go.

Marcellus
05-02-2005, 05:06 PM
I layed down my first bike on my first ride on it. I slowed down pretty hard and hit grass and layed it over pretty gently. Really didn't do anything to me but didn't help the farings on my brand new bike. My dumb ass should have spent some time on a dirt bike for sure. I eventually got the hang of it and managed not to kill myself before I sold it a few years later.

A friend of mine saw a guy hot rodding a bike and they guy slammed it into a glass phone booth. That guy didn't make it.

Sounds like WinSLOW didn't know hwat he was doing. What the heck were 4 guys doing riding in a parking lot?

Fat Elvis
05-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Kind of ironic that you are calling someone a term you can't even spell correctly.

Ahem, there are certain spellings on the Planet that are more correct when "incorrect." "Looser" is one of them. Perhaps you should inquire about the Planet lexicon before you hurl insults.

Thig Lyfe
05-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Idiot.

If that hasn't already been established.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 05:33 PM
When I got a motorcycle license back in the 1980's, I read that if your body is going about 30 mph when it smashes into something solid (like, say, a windshield) that you have a good chance of dying. I imagine that Mr. Winslow was able to dissipate a lot of energy during his landing.

You see some hilarious sh!t on motorcycles. In Chicago one Saturday morning on a fairly empty road in an industrial part of town, I was waiting at a light in my car when some clown in the next lane lost control of his bike. I think he thought he was drag-racing or something. He ended up doing a couple of tight circles inside his lane. It would have been impressive if it were intentional. Anyway, he went zoom, circle, zoom, circle, flat on his ass. Hysterical. I asked him if he was ok and of course he picked the bike up and drove off. Probably busted about 8 or 9 assbones and 2 ribs, but when you make that bunch of a clown out of yourself, you just got to pick up the bike and go.

That reminds me, when I was a kid there was a pool hall hangout a lot of kids went to. There was lots of young tail there and guys would drive by and screach their tires and try to act like a bunch of badasses. One night I was out front talking to these 3 girls when this guy going by revs his engine and tries to do a wheelie to impress the women on his brand new Ninja. The bike came back way too fast and supahstar forgot to hit the rear brake. He didn't even land on his ass like you think he would because his feet came off the pegs and hit the ground causing him to do a facial. The bike hit the rear fender pushing it back forward and the bike kept going for about 50 yards before a brick wall stopped it. Dude was lucky the car behind him didn't drive right over the top of him. By the time I scraped him off the pavement and got him over to his bike it was obvious he was going to be OK. At that point it had actually became funny even though he was in pain. I think that's where his appreciation for my help ended.

munkey
05-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Kind of ironic that you are calling someone a term you can't even spell correctly.

2bikemike
05-02-2005, 06:47 PM
I have seen more than my fair share of dumbassery with guys who don't have a clue about riding. I like to ask new riders about "Counter Steering" and if they can't define it I tell them to sell their bike or go take a safety course.

There are 2 types of riders. Those of us who have crashed and those that are going to.

Fairplay
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Excerpts from the browns forum at dawg talk............

well......its official God hates the browns.....i dunno what it is? maybe he enjoys watching us hope and hope for a great year then smashes our dreams by either stabbing our RB, signing a guy from san fran, or getting our star TE in an accident....i dont get it!!!!! #$^#%&#*#%^%#@&$@*^@^@%$&@$^&*$@#&@%$&^%$&$@%&$@%&*$^#&$@&@$&$&$^*$^*^%*#%&^%!!!!!! GOD PUT BRAYLON IN A BUBBLE!!!!! DONT LET HIM OUTSIDE!!!!!!!

another....

that fact that espn is sayign we may need another contract means they may know somehtign we dont..then again they may be full of it..but it has been about 24 hours since the accident and nothing from the browns....makes me htink Kellen is infact done for the year.....

another...

what the hell am i talking about? i think you should be able to figure this one out genius, WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE HIM SMOKE WEED AND BE OUT FOR A FEW WEEKS OR GET HURT ON ACCIDENT RIDING A MOTORCYCLE? We have William Green who is referred to as *weed head willie* at the stadium, so what makes you look dumber, weed or an accident.

My commentary,

Seriously, i feel sorry for these Browns fans. I've gone over on there forum and talked with them they are real cool. It seems they can't get a break with their picks in the draft.

OmahaChief
05-02-2005, 07:05 PM
From what I have heard it is only broken ribs at this point. No idea why the guy was on a motorcycle when he was coming off a broken leg. Does not make him the devil as some here what you to believe but it does mean he makes stupid effin choices. Kid has all pro talent and at this point has not good decision making off the field. Hey, at least it is not drugs, rape or DWI. He has that going for him.

DanT
05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
That reminds me, when I was a kid there was a pool hall hangout a lot of kids went to. There was lots of young tail there and guys would drive by and screach their tires and try to act like a bunch of badasses. One night I was out front talking to these 3 girls when this guy going by revs his engine and tries to do a wheelie to impress the women on his brand new Ninja. The bike came back way too fast and supahstar forgot to hit the rear brake. He didn't even land on his ass like you think he would because his feet came off the pegs and hit the ground causing him to do a facial. The bike hit the rear fender pushing it back forward and the bike kept going for about 50 yards before a brick wall stopped it. Dude was lucky the car behind him didn't drive right over the top of him. By the time I scraped him off the pavement and got him over to his bike it was obvious he was going to be OK. At that point it had actually became funny even though he was in pain. I think that's where his appreciation for my help ended.

ROFL

Baby Lee
05-02-2005, 08:23 PM

You talking about the Jason who's presently pulling pens out of reporter's hands in Memphis, or is there yet a third Jason Williams in the NBA?
He's a PG, but I don't remember him ever being a Bull.

Nevermind, I see that he was a Dookie, and the Bulls' 2nd overall in '02.

dtebbe
05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Probably one of those 50cc things. He's a soldier, and soldiers don't wear thier chinstraps, didn't you watch band of brothers?

DT

dtebbe
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
You talking about the Jason who's presently pulling pens out of reporter's hands in Memphis, or is there yet a third Jason Williams in the NBA?

Nevermind, I see that he was a Dookie, and the Bulls' 2nd overall in '02.

No I think he's talking about the Jayson Williams that splattered his limo driver on the bedroom wall with a 12ga. What rock have you been under the past 5 years?

DT

Skip Towne
05-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Ahem, there are certain spellings on the Planet that are more correct when "incorrect." "Looser" is one of them. Perhaps you should inquire about the Planet lexicon before you hurl insults.
Exactly right. Penguinz is a looser.

Inspector
05-02-2005, 09:00 PM
That's weird...When he was thrown from the motorcycle, why didn't he just use his super powers to start flying?....
ROFL

Baby Lee
05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
No I think he's talking about the Jayson Williams that splattered his limo driver on the bedroom wall with a 12ga. What rock have you been under the past 5 years?

DT
No he's not. What rock have you been under in the course of this thread? :p

the Talking Can
05-02-2005, 10:35 PM
percy snow

Dunit35
05-02-2005, 11:57 PM
I thought he was suppose to be a ****ing solider.

nice...Winslow's an idiot

penguinz
05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
4321problem?

Chiefnj
05-03-2005, 11:34 AM
UPDATE 11:30PM
Cleveland television stations showed security camera videotape this evening of Winslow and his friends tooling around an empty Cuyahoga Community College parking lot. While the actual accident wasn't on film, television coverage showed where Winslow flipped over, hit a small shrub, and landed. Also coming out in media reports tonight are comments about Winslow's contract, which contains a number of clauses regarding involvement in hazardous activities, potentially decreasing the team's financial compensation to Winslow if he loses time due to these injuries.

As most Browns fans are likely aware, reports earlier throughout the day indicated that Browns TE Kellen Winslow, Jr, was injured over the weekend in a motorcycle accident. Rumors have flourished over the course of the day, with concerns about internal injuries expressed by many fans.

What we know from published reports is that Winslow and some friends were riding motorcycles in a parking lot near Winslow's home in Westlake, Ohio. Winslow apparently hit a curb travelling about 35 MPH and flipped over the handlebars. While Winslow was wearing a motorcycle helmet, it was not strapped on, and resultingly flew off during the accident.

The team acknowledged the accident earlier in the day, and released the following statement this evening:

Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow was injured in a motorcycle accident yesterday in the Cleveland area. Winslow has sustained some internal injuries, which are stable. There is also swelling in his right shoulder and knee. The extent of these injuries will not be known until further medical evaluation is completed after the swelling is reduced. Winslow will remain at the Cleveland Clinic overnight. No timetable for his release has been determined.

Bernie's Insiders will have more on the situation as it develops. Stay tuned as we gather additional information on Winslow's condition...

chagrin
05-03-2005, 11:37 AM
And in Entertainment news today, God has agreed to play the part of Charleton Heston in the movie about his life

munkey
05-03-2005, 11:44 AM
problem?

Nah...

I gave you a neg rep...

I feel better now :)

Ultra Peanut
05-04-2005, 12:48 AM
As a bit of a sidenote, the ****in' soldier's father kept him from going to Washington because they didn't have enough black assistant coaches.

Same name but different person. The guy from the Bulls started going by Jay Williams because of it.

Just for the record, there's Jason "Jay" Williams (tough break for the former Dukie-head), Jayson Williams (analyze this, bang), and Jason Williams (Calkins-antagonizing Grizz PG). This was really confusing for a while, but with only one playing in the NBA now, it's much easer.

Calkins deserved that shit, by the way. He distorts things and makes up inflammatory shit all of the time, constantly playing the, "I'm just a funny little columnist; I didn't do anything wrong, and hey, I'm a good guy" card.

RaiderCorporate
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Winslow injured in motorcycle accident

May 2, 2005
WESTLAKE, Ohio (AP) -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was scheduled to be transferred to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday where the team's medical staff would treat him, Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.

``He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were,'' Arcuri said....

Heh, moron.

Reminds me of someone else a few years ago, only that one didn't have the good sense to restrict his stupidity to himself. Not only did he seriously injure himself, he was responsible for the injury of one person and the death of another. The weird part of it was this person was discussed here at length and few people expressed derision or outrage for his grossly negligent behavior. For as much pain and misery he created for many people, many here expressed only sorrow at the loss of a valued football player.

You're right, though; Winslow is a moron.

Cochise
05-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Hey, that looks like an SV650. That wasnít Cochise was it? :hmmm:

Haha, no, luckily I haven't had any trees jump out in my way :)

Cochise
05-04-2005, 07:01 AM
I have seen more than my fair share of dumbassery with guys who don't have a clue about riding. I like to ask new riders about "Counter Steering" and if they can't define it I tell them to sell their bike or go take a safety course.

There are 2 types of riders. Those of us who have crashed and those that are going to.

I was really glad I took that MSF course even though I had a little bit of experience (not much in miles but enough to limp to parking lots to practice on my own). I think about stuff from the MSF every time I am out.

Kind of Winslow-esque, someone at my course was trying to do the hard braking exercise and did get stopped in the allotted space, but somehow he still had the throttle open when he was done. So if you picture it, he's standing still, clutch in, brakes clamped down, somehow unaware that the engine is still turning pretty good. Then when he tried to get going again he moderately dumped the clutch and took off out of the parking lot, into the grass, down a hill and fell over, bike on his foot so he couldn't get up. The night before at the classroom part he had told us that he spent God knows how much on a new softail that he had been riding around for a month or so, I wondered how he had kept it and himself in once piece so far.

Radar Chief
05-04-2005, 10:25 AM

Absolutely correct. :clap:
Another one to ask them about is how they use the brakes.
A lot motorcyclist donít even know that up to 90% of there braking power is in the front brakes.

Ultra Peanut
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Reminds me of someone else a few years ago, only that one didn't have the good sense to restrict his stupidity to himself. Not only did he seriously injure himself, he was responsible for the injury of one person and the death of another. The weird part of it was this person was discussed here at length and few people expressed derision or outrage for his grossly negligent behavior. For as much pain and misery he created for many people, many here expressed only sorrow at the loss of a valued football player.

You're right, though; Winslow is a moron.Wow. Class with a capital "K."

Assgoblin.

Brock
05-04-2005, 10:31 AM

C*nts like you should be banned. JMO.

jspchief
05-04-2005, 10:41 AM

You're right, though; Winslow is a moron.Winslow's not the only Moron.

morphius
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I was really glad I took that MSF course even though I had a little bit of experience (not much in miles but enough to limp to parking lots to practice on my own). I think about stuff from the MSF every time I am out.

Kind of Winslow-esque, someone at my course was trying to do the hard braking exercise and did get stopped in the allotted space, but somehow he still had the throttle open when he was done. So if you picture it, he's standing still, clutch in, brakes clamped down, somehow unaware that the engine is still turning pretty good. Then when he tried to get going again he moderately dumped the clutch and took off out of the parking lot, into the grass, down a hill and fell over, bike on his foot so he couldn't get up. The night before at the classroom part he had told us that he spent God knows how much on a new softail that he had been riding around for a month or so, I wondered how he had kept it and himself in once piece so far.
Damn, didn't see anything fun like that in my class. The only fun we had was that in the curve lessons where you roll on the throttle one instructor told us to stop where the other was standing, and not to go to the cone. Well the instructor was standing like 10 feet past the end of the curve so the three of us first in line go leaning through the curve start to accellerate and then lock up our breaks to get stopped, a couple of them almost lost the bike trying to get it stopped.

morphius
05-04-2005, 10:53 AM

You are talking about Gannon in the Super Bowl right?

Cochise
05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Absolutely correct. :clap:
Another one to ask them about is how they use the brakes.
A lot motorcyclist donít even know that up to 90% of there braking power is in the front brakes.

I saw something cool on the web someplace, where someone had set up a bike with two sets of bars, so that you could try countersteering vs. just leaning your body. When you tried bodysteering you were to hold onto the extra bars that didn't do anything, it proved that it was almost impossible to steer with only your body.

I mean, you have to countersteer or else you'll crash, even if you don't know that you are doing it.

morphius
05-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I saw something cool on the web someplace, where someone had set up a bike with two sets of bars, so that you could try countersteering vs. just leaning your body. When you tried bodysteering you were to hold onto the extra bars that didn't do anything, it proved that it was almost impossible to steer with only your body.

I mean, you have to countersteer or else you'll crash, even if you don't know that you are doing it.
And once you understand countersteer, you can have some damn fun getting that bike to go lower and lower through the curves.

Cochise
05-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Damn, didn't see anything fun like that in my class. The only fun we had was that in the curve lessons where you roll on the throttle one instructor told us to stop where the other was standing, and not to go to the cone. Well the instructor was standing like 10 feet past the end of the curve so the three of us first in line go leaning through the curve start to accellerate and then lock up our breaks to get stopped, a couple of them almost lost the bike trying to get it stopped.

I remember that exercise, I swear the old KLR I was on had the back brake so screwed up I couldn't help but lock it all the time. It could have been inexperience, I guess, because I never do that anymore. (though I barely use the rear anyway)

A lot of people in my class dropped their bikes, but everyone but one person passed. The one who didn't was an older lady, probably in her 60s, who was taking the course because she wanted to get a scooter or something. She was so short that she had trouble standing still without the Rebel swaying on her, and her balance was so bad I couldn't imagine her riding a bicycle. She kept falling over and ended up leaving before the first day was over I think.

Have any of you taken the advanced course? I thought about doing that this summer, the first one was really good I thought, so the second one couldn't hurt probably. Anyone taken that?

morphius
05-04-2005, 11:07 AM
I remember that exercise, I swear the old KLR I was on had the back brake so screwed up I couldn't help but lock it all the time. It could have been inexperience, I guess, because I never do that anymore. (though I barely use the rear anyway)

A lot of people in my class dropped their bikes, but everyone but one person passed. The one who didn't was an older lady, probably in her 60s, who was taking the course because she wanted to get a scooter or something. She was so short that she had trouble standing still without the Rebel swaying on her, and her balance was so bad I couldn't imagine her riding a bicycle. She kept falling over and ended up leaving before the first day was over I think.

Have any of you taken the advanced course? I thought about doing that this summer, the first one was really good I thought, so the second one couldn't hurt probably. Anyone taken that?
I haven't taken it, have thought about it though. My best friend used to teach the class and would recommend it.

Nobody in my class dropped a bike, and everyone passed as well. I think I was close to not passing, took me a while to get used to some of the things as I hadn't rode previously.

Cochise
And once you understand countersteer, you can have some damn fun getting that bike to go lower and lower through the cruves.

Yeah, it took me a while but once I figured it out, the fun really started. If you have a good feel you can snap it right over and come back up just as quickly. I was surprised at first, at how low it will go and how much more traction it has than I first thought. Getting that down and changing the flat-stripped tires I had at first made a world of difference.

Stinger

Barrett Robins????

http://www.covers.com/images/2004/robbins_barret040131.jpg

morphius
05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah, it took me a while but once I figured it out, the fun really started. If you have a good feel you can snap it right over and come back up just as quickly. I was surprised at first, at how low it will go and how much more traction it has than I first thought. Getting that down and changing the flat-stripped tires I had at first made a world of difference.
I think it was almost a year to the date that I got the bike that I hit my first peg, which isn't easy on a sport bike. I will never forget the look on the guys face in the camero as I entered the highway off of that on ramp. His mouth just litterally was hanging open with this look of awe on his face.

morphius
05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Barrett Robins????

http://www.covers.com/images/2004/robbins_barret040131.jpg
Many a career was killed that day.

ck_IN
05-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Winslow, another fine graduate of Miami U. How do they keep producing these geniouses?

Cochise
05-04-2005, 11:17 AM
I think it was almost a year to the date that I got the bike that I hit my first peg, which isn't easy on a sport bike. I will never forget the look on the guys face in the camero as I entered the highway off of that on ramp. His mouth just litterally was hanging open with this look of awe on his face.

I haven't had it for a year yet, got it in August and have about 5,000 miles now. I haven't really gotten a true scrape like you describe, but I have lightly touched a feeler once or twice.

Maybe it's mental or something, but I feel like I comfortably get over much further when turning left than right, like I am faster through a lefthander than a right.

Good talk all, time to (pretend to) get some work done for a while!

Radar Chief
05-04-2005, 11:28 AM

Youíd be amazed at the number of people whoíve ridden for several years and donít know what counter steer is or how to use it.
Glad to read your ontop of the game though. :thumb:

Radar Chief
05-04-2005, 11:35 AM

I used to think the back brake was useless and never touched it but have since found that the back brake is useful, if for nothing else than helping to keep the rear end settled when braking hard. It helps keep the weight from pitching to the front as hard as without using it.
Besides, test results show positively the best braking performance is when both front and rear brakes are used near the tires traction limit.

Iíd like to take an MSF course for the insurance deduction that some carriers will give for it, even if they didnít teach me anything I didnít already know.

Cochise
05-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I used to think the back brake was useless and never touched it but have since found that the back brake is useful, if for nothing else than helping to keep the rear end settled when braking hard. It helps keep the weight from pitching to the front as hard as without using it.
Besides, test results show positively the best braking performance is when both front and rear brakes are used near the tires traction limit.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. I use it along with the front when I need to stop quickly, but if I'm going down an exit ramp for example and there's no emergency need to stop instantly, I'm mostly engine braking and using the fronts the rest of the way.

The rear is mostly touched if I am trying to stop as fast as possible (with the fronts), or if I'm barely moving and want to stop, such as in stop and go traffic. I also find it nice for if you're stopped on an incline, to hold you in place (gives your right hand a rest for a minute).

Been lucky so far, no mishaps, though I do realize that everyone goes down eventually. I've tried to read a lot and do things the right way.

Radar Chief
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. I use it along with the front when I need to stop quickly, but if I'm going down an exit ramp for example and there's no emergency need to stop instantly, I'm mostly engine braking and using the fronts the rest of the way.

The rear is mostly touched if I am trying to stop as fast as possible (with the fronts), or if I'm barely moving and want to stop, such as in stop and go traffic. I also find it nice for if you're stopped on an incline, to hold you in place (gives your right hand a rest for a minute).

Been lucky so far, no mishaps, though I do realize that everyone goes down eventually. I've tried to read a lot and do things the right way.

Sounds like your doing just that. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

morphius
05-04-2005, 12:13 PM

My front brake never felt good for slowing down, so for the most part if I need to tap something to slow down just a bit it is the back break. Front brake always seemed to be all or nothing. But if I'm stopping, I always use both of them.

Sounds like you are going a similar route that I did. Good luck!

penguinz
05-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Nah...

I gave you a neg rep...

I feel better now :)
Maybe you should have opened up a dictionary instead. :rolleyes:

RaiderCorporate
05-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Jspchief, Brock, Psicosis:

Yours were the kind of defenses given to anyone criticizing your favorite and beloved linebacker in his time of notoriety. Now, some of your own express perverse delight at news of another man injuring himself. But youíre okay with that because wrong, stupidity or negligence is only so when the football player in question wears something other than red and yellow.

I hope some day youíll recognize and eliminate your lack of perspective.

munkey
05-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Maybe you should have opened up a dictionary instead. :rolleyes:

Maybe you can just kiss my ass.... :rolleyes:

penguinz
05-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Maybe you can just kiss my ass.... :rolleyes:
Excellent rebuttal! The amazing thing is that you spelled the words you intended to use. :)

munkey
05-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Excellent rebuttal! The amazing thing is that you spelled the words you intended to use. :)

I thought you might like it...

~Thinking it was about as good if not better than yours~ :)

penguinz
05-04-2005, 12:59 PM
I would have to say mine was better. I never used the wrong word in any of my posts in this thread. ;)

munkey
05-04-2005, 01:00 PM
I would have to say mine was better. I never used the wrong word in any of my posts in this thread. ;)

True dat...or is dat a word?

Better pull out the old dic...

chagrin
05-04-2005, 01:06 PM
"Better pull out the old dic..."

Please dont!

munkey
05-04-2005, 01:11 PM
"Better pull out the old dic..."

Please dont!

:fire:

Mr. Laz
05-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Browns worry tight end Winslow might be done for season

May 3, 2005 By Clark Judge
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

The Cleveland Browns are concerned that injuries suffered by Kellen Winslow Jr. in a weekend motorcycle accident will prevent the second-year tight end from playing this season, NFL sources said.

The primary problem, sources said, are potentially significant injuries to the right knee and right shoulder -- with the club unable to determine the extent of damage to either until swelling subsides.

The swelling in the knee was considerable, sources said, with the Browns fearful Winslow may have torn his anterior cruciate ligament. The club also suspects Winslow may have suffered ligament or tendon damage to his shoulder, sources said.

In addition, sources said the Browns believe Winslow may have suffered a punctured lung and an injury to his kidney, but that neither had the club overly concerned. A source close to the club said the kidney was bruised.

Winslow was hurt while riding his motorcycle in the parking lot of a community college Sunday. According to police, he hit a curb while driving 35 mph and was thrown from the bike.

Kellen Winslow's motorcycle shows the damage from the Browns tight end's crash Sunday. (AP)
He later was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was transferred to Cleveland Clinic where the Browns' medical staff treated him. The club later said Winslow's injuries were not life threatening, but sources close to the team said the organization has serious concerns that his season may be imperiled.

"Winslow has sustained some internal injuries, which are stable," the Browns said in a statement released Monday. "There is also swelling in his right shoulder and knee. The extent of the injuries will not be known until further medical evaluation is completed after the swelling is reduced."

Winslow was the team's first-round draft pick in 2004, but missed all but two games after breaking his right leg against Dallas attempting to recover an onside kick in the closing seconds.

Winslow, who had five catches last year, had two surgeries on the leg and appeared recovered from the injury.

morphius
05-04-2005, 01:24 PM

Yours were the kind of defenses given to anyone criticizing your favorite and beloved linebacker in his time of notoriety. Now, some of your own express perverse delight at news of another man injuring himself. But youíre okay with that because wrong, stupidity or negligence is only so when the football player in question wears something other than red and yellow.

Maybe you are missing something, one of the two has a history of being an idiot, and then proving it, the other just didn't wear his seat belt.

Chiefnj
05-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Maybe you are missing something, one of the two has a history of being an idiot, and then proving it, the other just didn't wear his seat belt.

You're lobbing some meatballs over the plate for the Raider fan to hit out of the ballpark.

mcan
05-04-2005, 01:43 PM
All NFL players should be required to take a course called "How to avoid being like Percy Snow." :rolleyes:

morphius
05-04-2005, 01:48 PM
You're lobbing some meatballs over the plate for the Raider fan to hit out of the ballpark.
I know lots of people that don't wear their seat belts, and not all of them are stupid. Anyone trying to learn to ride a motorcycle on what looked to be one of the bigger Suziki sport bikes, with no training classes and not strapping their helmet on, is a moron.

Kclee
05-04-2005, 01:57 PM

Whatever. Yeah, it's funny that it happened to him. Am I over at a Browns website, or laughing about it in front of his family? No. You want to bag on DT? Go ahead, just don't do it over here at a Chiefs website. Or maybe you don't want to bag on DT and you think you are a better person because you don't and you just wanted to come here and say that? Either way, I could give a sh*t. Go be a hero somewhere else if you don't like the way "the choosen one" is being treated.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM

You'll do some backpedaling when you find that Al is currently in talks with the Browns to give them a 2nd round pick next year for the young TE.

Cochise
05-04-2005, 02:15 PM
I know lots of people that don't wear their seat belts, and not all of them are stupid. Anyone trying to learn to ride a motorcycle on what looked to be one of the bigger Suziki sport bikes, with no training classes and not strapping their helmet on, is a moron.

Yes, I would say that an untrained rider on a GSXR 750 carries an infinitely greater chance of injury than not wearing a seat belt. Hell, you could not wear a seat belt for the rest of your life and it might not make a difference if you were never in a wreck bad enough for it to matter.

Ultra Peanut
05-04-2005, 02:16 PM

I hope some day youíll recognize and eliminate your lack of perspective.You are...

morphius
05-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Yes, I would say that an untrained rider on a GSXR 750 carries an infinitely greater chance of injury than not wearing a seat belt. Hell, you could not wear a seat belt for the rest of your life and it might not make a difference if you were never in a wreck bad enough for it to matter.
About the only smart thing he did was doing it in a parking lot.

Radar Chief
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM

Donít know how true this is, but my Drag Raceín buddy in KC says that when he got his GSXR1000 insured, the insurance agent told him that the average life expectancy of a GSXR1000 straight off the showroom floor was about 11 minutes.
It seems lots of younger inexperienced folk would buy one, drive it down the street and whip the throttle open not realizing what it is theyíve just unleashed and have the bike come out from underíem.
Now, 11 minutes sounds a bit drastic, but considering how light, powerful and so far beyond the limits of anything else produced at the time, I can almost believe it. Almost.

Cochise
05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Donít know how true this is, buy my Drag Raceín buddy in KC says that when he got his GSXR1000 insured, the insurance agent told him that the average life expectancy of a GSXR1000 straight off the showroom floor was about 11 minutes.
It seems lots of younger inexperienced folk would buy one, drive it down the street and whip the throttle open not realizing what it is theyíve just unleashed and have the bike come out from underíem.
Now, 11 minutes sounds a bit drastic, but considering how light, powerful and so far beyond the limits of anything else produced at the time, I can almost believe it. Almost.

I believe it, it's not that hard to make the front wheel come up on mine, I can't imagine cracking open 3 times as many horses and it remaining very stable.

morphius
05-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Donít know how true this is, but my Drag Raceín buddy in KC says that when he got his GSXR1000 insured, the insurance agent told him that the average life expectancy of a GSXR1000 straight off the showroom floor was about 11 minutes.
The shop in Omaha was suprised when my buddy brought in his R1 for its first tune up and it hadn't been laid down, as appearntly that was the norm.

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 03:27 PM
All this motorcycle talk has got me Jonesing for another bike.

Cochise
05-04-2005, 03:35 PM

I know an NFL tight end who will sell you one, cheap!

RedNFeisty
05-04-2005, 03:35 PM

Me too!!

Radar Chief
05-04-2005, 04:19 PM

:LOL: A couple of summers ago I had mine sold, but I backed out at the last minute.
I wasnít going to get enough to get another bike, and I just couldnít go without one again. Since gas has gotten so expensive, I donít regret my decision.

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I know an NFL tight end who will sell you one, cheap!

Yea I have never owned a bike that cost the previous owner 4 million before.

RaiderCorporate
05-04-2005, 04:31 PM

It was a very bad day when your favorite linebacker crashed his car and Iím sorry it happened. But wearing a seat belt doesnít prevent you from driving too fast on icy roads, or losing control of your car and overturning it, or injuring others in a crash, or dying from crash-related injuries. By any known accounts the linebacker was sober that day when he crashed his car, so what he did before the crash showed a lack of concern for himself and other people. Was such behavior an exception to the rule? I donít know. What I do know is he also fathered children out of wedlock with five women, which seems to prove he had a habit of negligent behavior.

If you can cut this kind of man some slack then it seems you should be able to do the same for Winslow.

RaiderCorporate
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Whatever. Yeah, it's funny that it happened to him. Am I over at a Browns website, or laughing about it in front of his family? No. You want to bag on DT? Go ahead, just don't do it over here at a Chiefs website. Or maybe you don't want to bag on DT and you think you are a better person because you don't and you just wanted to come here and say that? Either way, I could give a sh*t. Go be a hero somewhere else if you don't like the way "the choosen one" is being treated.

If Browns fans or members of Winslowís family lacked internet skills and thusly couldnít see what youíre writing, then *maybe* you have a point. But we both know thatís not true, donít we? As for my motivation and how much you donít care, it would have been better proven had you simply ignored my post.

RaiderCorporate
05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
You'll do some backpedaling when you find that Al is currently in talks with the Browns to give them a 2nd round pick next year for the young TE.

This is exactly the point about many of your friends here. Put Winslow in red and yellow and see how many of them still delight in his injury. Nice try.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 04:46 PM
This is exactly the point about many of your friends here. Put Winslow in red and yellow and see how many of them still delight in his injury. Nice try.

I have a feeling Winslow would be vastly unpopular even if he were a Chief. Yeah, the homers would be upset about the accident, but a lot of people would still find it humorous - especially due to the cap savings. Heh.

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 05:10 PM
It was a very bad day when your favorite linebacker crashed his car and Iím sorry it happened. But wearing a seat belt doesnít prevent you from driving too fast on icy roads, or losing control of your car and overturning it, or injuring others in a crash, or dying from crash-related injuries. By any known accounts the linebacker was sober that day when he crashed his car, so what he did before the crash showed a lack of concern for himself and other people. Was such behavior an exception to the rule? I donít know. What I do know is he also fathered children out of wedlock with five women, which seems to prove he had a habit of negligent behavior.

If you can cut this kind of man some slack then it seems you should be able to do the same for Winslow.

What is it about this you just don't get? Do you have to have people spell shit out for you all the time? OK here you go.

Driving on ice is hard and risky no matter who is driving. It is not funny when somebody loses control on ice and people die.

On the other hand people wrecking the first time on a motorcycle is funny. It was funny when people saw me dump it my first time at 6 years old and we still laugh about lil mommas wheelie and and bruised back her 1st time out. It's even funnier when it happens to somebody with an inflated ego and a big mouth right in front of all his friends on his tricked out superbike in 35MPH in tot he curb fasion. That's funny shit.

Cochise
05-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I have a feeling Winslow would be vastly unpopular even if he were a Chief. Yeah, the homers would be upset about the accident, but a lot of people would still find it humorous - especially due to the cap savings. Heh.

I don't think he would be popular at all if he were a Chief. After the way his agents behaved looking for his contract, his attitude, his constantly being hurt now... I also have a feeling that he would not be popular.

Hell Morton and Bartee are probably the most unpopular and they just suck a lot of the time. They are healthy and at least contribute a little something most weeks. Winslow is an embarassment, is costing them a ton, and has contributed what, 50 yards in 2 years?

morphius
05-04-2005, 05:52 PM
What is it about this you just don't get? Do you have to have people spell shit out for you all the time? OK here you go.

Driving on ice is hard and risky no matter who is driving. It is not funny when somebody loses control on ice and people die.

On the other hand people wrecking the first time on a motorcycle is funny. It was funny when people saw me dump it my first time at 6 years old and we still laugh about lil mommas wheelie and and bruised back her 1st time out. It's even funnier when it happens to somebody with an inflated ego and a big mouth right in front of all his friends on his tricked out superbike in 35MPH in tot he curb fasion. That's funny shit.
Well said.

Plus I doubt there would be as many jokes if the guy would have died either.

Fairplay
05-04-2005, 06:05 PM
A local cleveland new broadcast on the story. Shows pic of the wreck.

http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=12318&sid=34331&bw=

Kclee
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
If Browns fans or members of Winslowís family lacked internet skills and thusly couldnít see what youíre writing, then *maybe* you have a point. But we both know thatís not true, donít we? As for my motivation and how much you donít care, it would have been better proven had you simply ignored my post.

Heh. Touche.

Ultra Peanut
05-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Your "Look at me, I'm stirring up shit and being a twat to get a rise out of rival fans, aren't I cute?" routine aside...

What I do know is he also fathered children out of wedlock with five women, which seems to prove he had a habit of negligent behavior.You would be hard pressed to prove he was negligent towards those children. Transferring your own dad's failings onto someone else?

Of course, a sane person would also be hard pressed to find the connection between losing control of a vehicle on an icy road while not wearing a seatbelt (and not telling one of the passengers to buckle up, lest such a situation occur), eventually dying from those injuries and flying into a curb on a motorcycle in a parking lot.

4th and Long
05-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Remember kids, you can't spell BROWNS without the word OWN. :D

Fairplay
05-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Kellen Winslow, what a waste of a draft pick he was. Rd.1 Pick 6th

Cochise
05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Kellen Winslow, what a waste of a draft pick he was. Rd.1 Pick 6th

Yeah, he's really proving why his agents said he was worth #1 pick money, since some teams had him #1 on their boards.

rocks
05-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I feel so bad for him. Two years out, it gonna be hard to get that rust off!!! Serves the loud mouth and his dad right. I hope they go after his signing bonus!

RaiderCorporate
05-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Your "Look at me, I'm stirring up shit and being a twat to get a rise out of rival fans, aren't I cute?" routine aside...

You would be hard pressed to prove he was negligent towards those children. Transferring your own dad's failings onto someone else?

Of course, a sane person would also be hard pressed to find the connection between losing control of a vehicle on an icy road while not wearing a seatbelt (and not telling one of the passengers to buckle up, lest such a situation occur), eventually dying from those injuries and flying into a curb on a motorcycle in a parking lot.

My first post to this thread was an observation at the expense of unidentified members of this BB. As no names were mentioned I expected only those who thought they fit the description might reply, but I also thought no one here would admit to such. You and some of your friends proved me wrong.

Whatís intriguing is you read my comment, decided it was crap and you still wanted to step in it. You control your responses, not me. Instead of pointing the finger at me I recommend you demonstrate your sense of poise for which your are well known on this BB and let it go. Or not.

Youíre right; I might be hard pressed to prove negligence toward his children. Letís see how I doÖ

Imagine, if you will, that you are a famous football player in the prime of your career. Add to that the fact you are a well known party boy who likes his night life and enjoys it when you're not actively engaged in studying or playing football. You have seven children born from five women. Letís assume for the sake of ease these women are located within 50 miles of each other. How much time do you have left over to lavish on each of your five families? How much of your paycheck are you spending to provide for the needs of your five families? How much time do you spend staying up at night with a sick child, or helping them with their homework or school projects, or regularly spending time getting to know whatís going on in your childís life Ė times seven? Would it be fair to say at best you can be only a part-time father, about a 20% father? Do each of your families know about the other four families? Do each of your five women remain faithful to you or do they also have multiple sex partners and increase your chances for STDs? What does all this promiscuity teach your children about long-term relationships and marriage? Are these behaviors the traits of a good father, one who truly cares for his children? Rhetorically asking, how'd I do?

Lastly, a sane person would easily find the connection between losing control of a car and losing control of a motorcycle Ė the only difference in these events being the degree of injury for the individual. Both demonstrated little to no concern for the consequences of operating a vehicle during less than optimum circumstances. And significant others suffer from their bad decisions.

Thatís it! I have nothing more to offer. Thanks. Itís been a real treat. Have a great day.

morphius
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
As usual, the Raiders fan doesn't get it and never well.

Any surprises here? I think not.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Actually I think the Raider fan makes some good points. I still don't know what a Chiefs LB dead 5 years has to do with a Browns TE, or why it was brought up in this thread, but the dude makes consisely worded arguments. I doubt he's been a raiders fan for very long.

Skip Towne
05-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Actually I think the Raider fan makes some good points. I still don't know what a Chiefs LB dead 5 years has to do with a Browns TE, or why it was brought up in this thread, but the dude makes consisely worded arguments. I doubt he's been a raiders fan for very long.
That's true. Raiders fans can rarely write coherent sentences. This guy is probably a fraud.

Valiant
05-04-2005, 10:40 PM

I think a better correlation would be Winslows stupidity in knowing he signed a contract that said he 'could not ride a motorcycle...' and a certain raiders fan mom not being smart enough to swallow the semen...

jspchief
05-04-2005, 10:47 PM

What exactly is your point? That Chiefs fans care more about Chiefs players than Browns players? Wow. You caught me red handed. Here's another tidbit. I enjoyed watching Rich Gannon get knocked into retirement by Shawn Barber, but had Gannon still played for the Chiefs, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Quite a revelation. I like Chiefs players.

That being said, I see a difference between the two.

Derrick Thomas was driving a vehicle that he had extensive experience driving, and was caught off guard by bad road conditions. He may have misjudged the danger of traveling too fast, and it killed his friend, and ultimately himself. It happens to people every year, and I'm not inclined to deride or point fingers at any of them because it's a tragedy.

Kellen Winslow was participating in an activity that was clearly against his contract agreement, and it was something that he obviously had little or no skill at. He misjudged the danger and may have ruined his career, but will likely make a decent living regardless. The fact that he had already wrecked the bike once, and continued, just demonstrates how stupid and careless he was being.

elvomito
05-05-2005, 03:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/photo?photoId=747043&sportId=28
May 2, 2005

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CD10305022250.jpeg
In a photo released by the Westlake, Ohio Police Department, the damaged motorcycle belonging to Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. is shown Monday, May 2, 2005. Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday, May 1, 2005, when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle. (AP Photo/Westlake Police Dept.)

KChiefs1
05-05-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/sports/story/055202005_spt01winslow05.asp

Winslow likely done for the year

By MIKE McLAIN Tribune Chronicle

BEREA - The joy ride Kellen Winslow Jr. took on his motorcycle last Sunday is expected to cost the Browns highly-touted tight end the 2005 season.

The Tribune Chronicle has learned that Winslow suffered a tear of the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Surgery will be required, which means that Winslow will likely miss the upcoming season.
Timetables for recovering from ACL surgery vary depending on the severity of the tear and the individual. A common reference point is a minimum of eight to 10 months, but it's possible that Winslow might need a full year to recover from surgery.

The Browns issued a statement Wednesday afternoon confirming that Winslow was still hospitalized, but no details of the knee injury were given. The statement did say that concern remains with the right knee. It went on to say that the team wouldn't comment on any aspects of his contract.

Winslow, the seventh overall choice in the 2004 draft, was hurt when he lost control of his Suzuki GSX-R750 and hit a curb in a parking lot of a community college in Westlake. Winslow, who was traveling an estimated 35 mph, was thrown over the handlebars and landed in a landscaped area. His helmet flew off, but he didn't suffer head injuries.

A report on the "CBS Sportsline" website stated that Winslow might have punctured a lung and hurt a kidney. The kidney injury is believed to be a bruise.

Winslow spent Sunday night at Fairview Hospital. He was transferred to the Cleveland Clinic Monday to be evaluated by Browns' physicians.

Missing the 2005 season could cost Winslow plenty of money because of a breach in Paragraph 3 of his contract that states he must refrain from participating in hazardous non-football activities that involve a significant risk of injury. Activities include, but aren't limited to, skydiving, hang gliding, mountain climbing, auto racing, motorcycling, scuba diving and skiing.

The team could recover $5 million of his initial $6 million signing bonus and the entire $4.4125 million option bonus that was triggered in early March. Winslow received $2 million of that bonus in March, but the remaining $2.4125 isn't payable until July 15.

Agents Kevin and Carl Poston negotiated a six-year, $40 million contract for Winslow last year, which is the most lucrative ever for a NFL tight end. The total value was reduced to $29.4175 million when Winslow failed to meet an incentive for playing time because of a season-ending ankle injury suffered in a week two game against the Dallas Cowboys. The one-time incentive would have activated $5.367 million in future bonuses and $5.215 million in future base salaries.

Winslow is the latest in what has become a long list of Browns first-round draft choices that haven't panned out. Quarterback Tim Couch (1999) is out of football with a sore arm. Defensive end Courtney Brown (2000) had an injury-riddled five-year run and was released in March. Defensive tackle Gerard Warren (2001) never played up to expectations and was recently traded to Denver. Running back William Green (2002) was arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana and is in Stage 2 of the NFL's drug program. Center Jeff Faine (2003) has finished both of his seasons on injured-reserve with leg injuries.

Cochise
05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
It looks like he snapped the right handgrip completely off the tree. I wonder if he was really only going 35.

An undeserving fate for a nice machine... He even paid for the carbon exhaust it looks like.

Radar Chief
05-05-2005, 02:16 PM
It looks like he snapped the right handgrip completely off the tree. I wonder if he was really only going 35.

An undeserving fate for a nice machine... He even paid for the carbon exhaust it looks like.

Yup, thatís the handle bar lying on the seat. Looks like he did a number to the tank too, and Iíve never seen a bar snapped off like that and not have a bent fork leg.

Chiefnj
05-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Do the Chiefs offer to trade Kris Wilson for a 2006 1st round pick??

stevieray
05-05-2005, 02:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/photo?photoId=747043&sportId=28
May 2, 2005

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CD10305022250.jpeg
In a photo released by the Westlake, Ohio Police Department, the damaged motorcycle belonging to Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. is shown Monday, May 2, 2005. Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday, May 1, 2005, when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle. (AP Photo/Westlake Police Dept.)

No way he was only going 35mph.

chagrin
05-06-2005, 02:54 PM
All this talk about his ACL, I couldn't resist...

"I'm a soldier!"

morphius
05-06-2005, 03:09 PM
No way he was only going 35mph.
I don't know, you should see the damage to mine at 25...

Coogs
05-06-2005, 03:32 PM
This is from a Browns BB on Winslow II...

From a very reliable source who has direct ties to the Cleveland Clinic..."KWII's playing days are over." His internal injuries include a lacarated kidney and liver along with a punctured lung. His other injuries include torn ligament in his right shoulder, ACL tear in his right knee and he re-broke his right leg in two places. They were told with the severity of his leg he will be fortunate to be able to walk normally.

It's the "ol' reliable source" thing, but you got to feel for the Browns fans if this holds true. Lose their team that they supported to the max, then have worse drafting than CP ever thought of, and now this.

morphius
05-06-2005, 03:42 PM
This is from a Browns BB on Winslow II...

It's the "ol' reliable source" thing, but you got to feel for the Browns fans if this holds true. Lose their team that they supported to the max, then have worse drafting than CP ever thought of, and now this.
Damn, hope the dude isn't messed up that badly, no matter how dumb it was.

jynni
05-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Yeah - it doesn't take much to screw a bike up pretty bad.

That's the exact same bike my younger brother has - except his is an '04 and is yellow. Nice bike.

A friend of ours laid his bike (a smaller Suzuki bike) down when he hit a nasty patch of gravel. He wasn't going that fast - probably under 40mph. The damage would have been pretty bad had he not had his frame guards on - those things were reduced to little nubs. The bike still needed quite a bit of straightening out though.

Radar Chief
05-06-2005, 04:12 PM

Bad thing about sport bikes, they tend to go up like a Lego explosion when they hit something.
Course, I low sided mine doing something like 70 :redface: (maybe a little more) and on one side you couldnít even tell it went down. Other side was a different story, dirt and grass packed into every crack. The wheels were fine but I had to have my tires remounted because grass had been forced in between the tire bead and wheel.

morphius
05-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Bad thing about sport bikes, they tend to go up like a Lego explosion when they hit something.
Course, I low sided mine doing something like 70 :redface: (maybe a little more) and on one side you couldnít even tell it went down. Other side was a different story, dirt and grass packed into every crack. The wheels were fine but I had to have my tires remounted because grass had been forced in between the tire bead and wheel.
Mine just rolled for a bit without me and then fell over hard, everything on the left side of the bike was trash except for the tank.