PDA

View Full Version : Robot Chicken

RealSNR
05-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Anyone like this?

It's okay. Aqua Teen still is better... hopefully the new season won't suck as much as the last one

Wallcrawler
05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Robot Chicken has some funny parts, but 15 minutes per week isnt all that great in my book. It probably takes a lot of time to make those episodes, but it really sucks when they dedicate like 10 of the 15 minutes to a stupid skit and you only get to see a couple minutes worth of funny stuff, then you have to wait until the next week.

Some of it is funny as hell though, they just need longer episodes.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the best show that Adult Swim has, and they recently replaced it with Harvey F'in Birdman, undoubtedly their WORST show.

KCChiefsMan
05-02-2005, 06:13 PM
ya Aqua Teen is funny as hell, Robot Chicken is good but like you already said...too short

Mastashake
05-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Aqua Teen cannot be compared. It's like comparing a professional to an amateur.

I love the Robot Chicken with the mongoose assasinating JFK...It was wrong, but in a really funny way.

Mastashake

Judge Smails
05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
The shorts skits seem to be the best. The longer skits sometimes seem to be the least interesting.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the best show that Adult Swim has,

Please, Family Guy is the best.

David.
05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
it's funnier than aqua teen

yeah, i said it

RealSNR
05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
it's funnier than aqua teen

yeah, i said itYou certainly did, you brain-dead ignoramus

Dunit35
05-02-2005, 09:44 PM
robot chicken is ok(some parts) I liked the Jackson skit I saw...everyones right it is too short..also the Nsync one was fairly OK..

Wallcrawler
05-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Family guy is all right I suppose, but Its nowhere close to ATHF in my book.

Some of the Family Guy episodes are funny, but then some are just mind numbingly stupid and make me wonder why the hell Im wasting my time watching it. One example in particular had Peter hurting his shin, and so he sits there for like 2 full minutes just sitting there holding his shin and saying "Ah!" over and over and over again.

For some people I know.....(Mastashake....this means you...) that kind of stuff is pricelessly funny, just the extreme overkill and saying the same f'ing thing over and over for an hour.

For me though, its just irritating as hell.

Id probably rank Family guy at about number 5 on my list.

ATHF

Robot Chicken

Sealab 2021

Venture Brothers

Family Guy/Futurama tie.

David.
05-03-2005, 12:49 AM
You certainly did, you brain-dead ignoramus

ROFL

J Diddy
05-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Family guy is all right I suppose, but Its nowhere close to ATHF in my book.

Some of the Family Guy episodes are funny, but then some are just mind numbingly stupid and make me wonder why the hell Im wasting my time watching it. One example in particular had Peter hurting his shin, and so he sits there for like 2 full minutes just sitting there holding his shin and saying "Ah!" over and over and over again.

For some people I know.....(Mastashake....this means you...) that kind of stuff is pricelessly funny, just the extreme overkill and saying the same f'ing thing over and over for an hour.

For me though, its just irritating as hell.

Id probably rank Family guy at about number 5 on my list.

ATHF

Robot Chicken

Sealab 2021

Venture Brothers

Family Guy/Futurama tie.

No, no, no.

ATHF is the dumbest freaking show I ever had the misfortune to watch.

You dare calling Family guy, "mind numbingly stupid" and then pimp that crap.

:shake:

Rausch
05-03-2005, 01:35 AM
I can't wait for the Aqua Teen movie....

Wallcrawler
05-03-2005, 02:14 AM
No, no, no.

ATHF is the dumbest freaking show I ever had the misfortune to watch.

You dare calling Family guy, "mind numbingly stupid" and then pimp that crap.

:shake:

Ooooh. "I dare" to call it mind numbingly stupid. Have I hit a nerve there? I said SOME EPISODES ARE FUNNY, BUT THEN SOME ARE MIND NUMBINGLY STUPID. I didnt say every show was worthless, as your post suggests.

Lets not make this out to be bigger than it is. Its a TV show for pete's sake. Nothing sacred about that. Ill say whatever I want about that damn show, because thats all it is, a friggin tv show.

Seriously, relax. Some like it, some dont. For me, Family guy is mind numbingly stupid in some episodes. Their attempts at humor fall way short with me, and I dont laugh at the intended humor. I get the joke, I just dont laugh at it. Seeing Peter Griffin sitting on a sidewalk and repeatedly saying "Ah....Ah...Ah.." for 10 minutes while holding his leg is not funny to me.

Chris Griffin trying to get Meg to guess what word he's thinking of, and telling her "its not Kitty", and then saying "Ha ha! IT WAS KITTY", is not funny to me.

Quagmire is not funny to me, period. Heh Heh Heh.....Alllllll riiiiight.

Stewey is funny, and Brian has his moments, but the rest of the show really doesnt do anything for me, except in a few specific episodes.

ATHF is stupid humor, yes. But its funny to me, and therefore makes it better than Family Guy IN MY OPINION, because it makes me laugh, and moreover, they are consistently funny to me, not just one good one here and there.

If you find humor in the majority of family guy, hey, congratulations, relax, Im sure it will be on TV for quite some time. Run right out and buy the DVD box set. This is simply my view, nothing more. Its not like im in any position to keep you from seeing your beloved show by saying I dont like it.

If youre the kind of person that takes offense to something because their favorite show isnt found to be all that good by someone else, I dont know what to tell you, other than you need to get out more.

Rausch
05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Ooooh. "I dare" to call it mind numbingly stupid. Have I hit a nerve there? Lets not make this out to be bigger than it is. Its a f'ing TV show for pete's sake. Nothing sacred about that. Ill say whatever I want about that damn show, because thats all it is, a friggin tv show.

Seriously, relax. Some like it, some dont. For me, Family guy is mind numbingly stupid. Their attempts at humor fall way short with me, and I dont laugh at the intended humor. I get the joke, I just dont laugh at it. Seeing Peter Griffin sitting on a sidewalk and repeatedly saying "Ah....Ah...Ah.." for 10 minutes while holding his leg is not funny to me.

Chris Griffin trying to get Meg to guess what word he's thinking of, and telling her "its not Kitty", and then saying "Ha ha! IT WAS KITTY", is not funny to me.

Quagmire is not funny, period. Heh Heh Heh.....Alllllll riiiiight.

Stewey is funny, and Brian has his moments, but the rest of the show really doesnt do anything for me.

ATHF is stupid humor, yes. But its funny to me, and therefore makes it better than Family Guy IN MY OPINION, because it makes me laugh.

If you find humor in family guy, hey, congratulations, relax, Im sure it will be on TV for quite some time. Run right out and buy the DVD box set. This is simply my view, nothing more. Its not like im in any position to keep you from seeing your beloved show by saying I dont like it.

If youre the kind of person that takes offense to something because their favorite show isnt found to be all that good by someone else, I dont know what to tell you, other than you need to get out more.

I find it odd that a person can like ATHF and not like Family Guy. Yeah, I know it's a taste issue, but to me it's like saying you like Everyone Loves Raymond and not Cheers...

Wallcrawler
05-03-2005, 02:28 AM
I find it odd that a person can like ATHF and not like Family Guy. Yeah, I know it's a taste issue, but to me it's like saying you like Everyone Loves Raymond and not Cheers...

I dont know, Ive never watched Everybody Loves Raymond, and I havent seen Cheers since I was like 10, so I have no idea about that comparison.

I like the ATHF characters better than the Family Guy characters, plain and simple. I dont really see how someone could like one show, and then be expected to like the other simply because you like the other, as they are completely different shows. ATHF comes out of left field with most of their episodes, you never know what kind of stuff will happen on that one.

Frylock, Meatwad, Shake, and Carl are all funny characters to me, whereas half of the Family Guy cast does nothing for me in regard to humor.

RealSNR
05-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I dont know, Ive never watched Everybody Loves Raymond, and I havent seen Cheers since I was like 10, so I have no idea about that comparison.

I like the ATHF characters better than the Family Guy characters, plain and simple. I dont really see how someone could like one show, and then be expected to like the other simply because you like the other, as they are completely different shows. ATHF comes out of left field with most of their episodes, you never know what kind of stuff will happen on that one.

Frylock, Meatwad, Shake, and Carl are all funny characters to me, whereas half of the Family Guy cast does nothing for me in regard to humor.Example, when Dr. Weird is cooing at Steve's spider-eyeballs and yells, "SHUT UP, STEVE, YOU'RE SCARING THEM!"

Classic ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
05-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Example, when Dr. Weird is cooing at Steve's spider-eyeballs and yells, "SHUT UP, STEVE, YOU'RE SCARING THEM!"

Classic ROFL

Yeah I liked Dr. Weird better than SpaceCataz although both are enjoyable.