PDA

View Full Version : No interest in the NBA Playoffs......

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 06:33 PM
On this board??? Man, you guys really need to get a team in KC!

Bowser
05-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Ehhh, I've got toenails to clip.

Miles
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Its been a pretty enjoyable first round so far. Id be enjoying it more if the rockets could manage to keep a second half lead at home.

The Sonics - Kings game last night was pretty good. If things go as they seem the second round matchups in the west will be great.

Ari Chi3fs
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
KC Magic baby!

Nzoner
05-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks to the Royals that time between the NCAA Tourney and Chiefs training camp makes for one helluva long wait.

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Its been a pretty enjoyable first round so far. Id be enjoying it more if the rockets could manage to keep a second half lead at home.

The Sonics - Kings game last night was pretty good. If things go as they seem the second round matchups in the west will be great.

I have to agree.....if the Nuggets happen to win tonight, it will make things very intresting for the Spurs as well. Did you hear George Karl the other day talking about Manu Ginobli? Hilarious.....what a load of crap, I think Karl is just jealous Manu isnt playing for him.

TEX
05-02-2005, 07:03 PM
GO ROCKETS - F*CK DALLAS!

Miles
05-02-2005, 07:05 PM
GO ROCKETS - F*CK DALLAS!

:thumb:

milkman
05-02-2005, 07:14 PM
There's so much physical play allowed, and hard fouls committed on fast break attempts that are clearly flagrant that aren't called, the NBA playoffs have become a snoozefest.

I miss the days of Magic and Bird.
Doctor J and Tiny.

The NBA has just become unwatchable.

NJ Chief Fan
05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
i have to say the first round has been pretty boring...i cant wait for the conference finals

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Our old team did what most KC teams do very well, choke at home.

TEX
05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
There's so much physical play allowed, and hard fouls committed on fast break attempts that are clearly flagrant that aren't called, the NBA playoffs have become a snoozefest.

I miss the days of Magic and Bird.
Doctor J and Tiny.

The NBA has just become unwatchable.

For the most part you're right except when YAO is playing. The refs took him out of the 2 games in Houston and he has 3 fouls tonight. :shake:

TEX
05-02-2005, 07:33 PM
i have to say the first round has been pretty boring...i cant wait for the conference finals

Boring? Maybe most games have been but the Houston/Dallas series has been CLOSE. All games except game 1 have been decided in the last 2 minutes. It's been a great series, however I wish the refs would let YAO play.

Brock
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
I'll start watching when they start calling travelling.

Uncle Fester
05-02-2005, 07:36 PM

ROFLROFL Fat Chance! If these guys had to actually play by the rules it would be really boring!! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2005, 07:44 PM
I did catch some of the Miami-NJ game, Dwayne Wade is going to be awesome. That kid plays the game right.

Stinger
05-02-2005, 07:48 PM
On this board???

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2387898#post2387898

:D

Saulbadguy
05-02-2005, 07:49 PM
:shrug: I'm surprised you watch any level of basketball at all then.

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 07:51 PM

hahah..you will be waiting a looooooong time for that then. Its all about "Showtime" in the NBA. Everybody knows that. You either accept it or you dont. I do wish though that NBA Players would learn to shoot better though, especially the intermmediate jumpers. It seems like they either go for the 3 pointer or drive to the lane and go for the slam. The 2 point jump shot is a dying art.

TEX
05-02-2005, 07:51 PM
For the most part you're right except when YAO is playing. The refs took him out of the 2 games in Houston and he has 3 fouls tonight. :shake:

Well, now he has 4 fouls as he was being held trying to get position, but YAO was called for the foul and now he's out - :banghead: right when the Rockets had closed it to only 4...

Miles
05-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Well, now he has 4 fouls as he was being held trying to get position, but YAO was called for the foul and now he's out - :banghead: right when the Rockets had closed it to only 4...

Im not one that usually complains about officiating but its been pretty damn frustrating in this one.

DJay23
05-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Did you hear the rules change the competition committee is considering? Instead of shooting a free throw, you can choose to do a dunk, Slam Dunk competition style, except you have to stay within the paint. You are then judged by the officials on a scale of 1-10. If you get between 6-9 you get 1 point. 9 or 10 gets you two automatically.

This is complete bullshit of course, but for a second did you think it was serious? No? Nevermind, my point is lost.

Brock
05-02-2005, 07:58 PM
:shrug: I'm surprised you watch any level of basketball at all then.

If the implication is that travelling isn't called on obvious violations at the NCAA level, I'd have to disagree. It is NEVER called in the NBA. I don't know what sport that is they are playing, but it isn't basketball.

DJay23
05-02-2005, 08:02 PM
If the implication is that travelling isn't called on obvious violations at the NCAA level, I'd have to disagree. It is NEVER called in the NBA. I don't know what sport that is they are playing, but it isn't basketball.
They might as well make it a great big 3 on 3 tournament followed by a rap concert. NBA sucks complete ass.

|Zach|
05-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I enjoy watching the 76ers.

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Im not one that usually complains about officiating but its been pretty damn frustrating in this one.

Yep. I usually don't bitch either as they usually even out but not this time as it's been BRUTAL for YAO since game 3 with the Rockets up by 8. Yao was fouled hard by Dirk under the basket and they said that he wasn't shooting - it was unbelievable. Then in game 4 YAO had 19 points in only 21 minutes. Tonight he already has 4 and IMO only 2 were legit. They seem to happen just when the Rockets are catching up or pulling away. I don't know what the deal is as I thought they let them play, especially the big men, in the playoffs. The MAVS can't stop him as he has 17 points in only 8 shots but they don't need to stop him if the refs are going to do it for them... :shake:

This is the kind of crap that will make me watch baseball - Wow, did I really just say that???? :doh!:

Phobia
05-02-2005, 08:11 PM
I haven't watched a full NBA game since I attended a Rockets game about 5 years ago. I wasn't even aware the playoffs were on. Either I'm pathetic or basketball is pathetic. Since I listen to sportstalk radio and still didn't know, I'd have to say it's the NBA.

Miles
05-02-2005, 08:17 PM
I haven't watched a full NBA game since I attended a Rockets game about 5 years ago. I wasn't even aware the playoffs were on. Either I'm pathetic or basketball is pathetic. Since I listen to sportstalk radio and still didn't know, I'd have to say it's the NBA.

Are you listening to local or national sports talk? I can see how KC radio wouldnt cover it too well.

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:21 PM

I'd call it a draw... ;)

DenverChief
05-02-2005, 08:21 PM
The Spurs are getting away with murder against the Nuggets....I hope the offcials tonight start making some calls

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 08:22 PM
I can see how KC radio wouldnt cover it too well.

Yea, makes me wonder if KC could even support an NBA team or not? IM not sure if the interest level is there or not?? On the other hand, with the Royals being so crappy, the NBA market there could blossom?

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 08:22 PM
The Spurs are getting away with murder against the Nuggets....I hope the offcials tonight start making some calls

Oh brother...here we go.....

Stinger
05-02-2005, 08:25 PM

You mean like Carmello "blunt" Anthony cheap shot to the head at the end of the game.

:hmmm: Although it is Denver, I am surprized he didn't try a chop block in the back of the knee

DenverChief
05-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh brother...here we go.....

Seriously.....yesterday was the worst of all 3 games so far...the Nuggets didn't help themselves by missing 50% of the free throws they were givin but for real they were getting fouled hard

DJay23
05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Yea, makes me wonder if KC could even support an NBA team or not? IM not sure if the interest level is there or not?? On the other hand, with the Royals being so crappy, the NBA market there could blossom?
IF they could somehow stock the team with Jayhawks and Tigers, they'd get a lot of interest.

Now is the time of year where I really miss hockey. The regular season sucks balls, but the playoffs are hella fun to watch.

Miles
05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Hell yeah the Rockets finally started playing. Cut the lead to three.

DenverChief
05-02-2005, 08:28 PM
You mean like Carmello "blunt" Anthony cheap shot to the head at the end of the game.

:hmmm: Although it is Denver, I am surprized he didn't try a chop block in the back of the knee

It was called right?

Frazod
05-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Nice to see the Bulls in the playoffs again, even though they've been getting slapped around the last couple of games in Washington.

I do miss Big Daddy's annual LAKERS WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP thread. Where's that one, I wonder?

:evil:

Stinger
05-02-2005, 08:30 PM
It was called right?

That one was kinda blantent don't cha think.

Go Spurs :D

DenverChief
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
That one was kinda blantent don't cha think.

Go Spurs :D

About as blatant as Duncan giving a forearm to Miller and knocking him down on an inbound pass...no call....

Stinger
05-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Nice to see the Bulls in the playoffs again, even though they've been getting slapped around the last couple of games in Washington.

I do miss Big Daddy's annual LAKERS WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP thread. Where's that one, I wonder?

:evil:

I bumped it the day the Laker got elimated but here it is again :D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2387898#post2387898

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 08:34 PM
About as blatant as Duncan giving a forearm to Miller and knocking him down on an inbound pass...no call....

A little low of Karl to complain about Ginobli's play as well. Karl was exactly the same type of player as Manu was just not as skilled.

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Hell yeah the Rockets finally started playing. Cut the lead to three.

Yep, but now it's back up to 6. I wish YAO would be allowed to play the whole way because when he's in, the Mavs can't stop him. The trend is that YAO gets into foul trouble early so the Rockets are really limited for major stretches without him and it's so hard to make up ground when he gets back in the game. I suspect that they'll fall short again in this one.

Miles
05-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Ugh that blown call on the steal under the basket probably did them in.

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:40 PM
UNBELIEVEABLE - Finley is allowed to come in from OUT OF BOUNDS and strip the ball from Barry and the Mavs get the basket to go up by 5 with about :30 seconds left. The ref was right there and replays showed that it wasn't even close. They reversed a similar call in the 2nd that went against Houston so you'd think they would get a make up - especially since it would have been the RIGHT CALL. :shake:

DenverChief
05-02-2005, 08:41 PM

It was :BS: and the phantom elbow to the face call :rolleyes:

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:43 PM

Yep. It was soooooo FKN obvious too. Finley was two feet OUT OF BOUNDS. Just umbelievable. :shake:

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
F*CK EVERYTHING that is Dallas! :cuss:

Miles
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Yep. It was soooooo FKN obvious too. Finley was two feet OUT OF BOUNDS. Just umbelievable. :shake:

Then they anticipate the foul on padget when they had Finley trapped. :mad:

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Then they anticipate the foul on padget when they had Finley trapped. :mad:

Yep. A Total SCREW JOB to say the least. The Rockets are going to lose in part on that BLOWN CALL... :cuss: But they had a chance. Man I hope they come back and take the next 2. F*CK DALLAS! :cuss:

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Playoffs are just not the same without the Lakers in it.

Miles
05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh man so close. What a f*cking infuriating game.

TEX
05-02-2005, 08:52 PM

HA! I was wondering when you would chime in. It's all good WITHOUT L.A. Besides, you better get used to it... ;)

Deberg_1990
05-02-2005, 08:59 PM

I must admit, you are right. Its not the same without the team everyone loves to hate. Its like MLB without the Yankees in the playoffs.

DenverChief
05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
well they are finally making some calls...

cheeeefs
05-02-2005, 09:13 PM
the NBA has playoffs? and they are going on right now?

well don't that beat all...

DenverChief
05-02-2005, 09:16 PM
The spurs should win an Oscar for all the acting they do....isn't it a technical foul to take a flop?

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 09:18 PM
HA! I was wondering when you would chime in. It's all good WITHOUT L.A. Besides, you better get used to it... ;)

It's like that huh? Where's the love?

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I must admit, you are right. Its not the same without the team everyone loves to hate. Its like MLB without the Yankees in the playoffs.

We have went down the road where I proved over and over again that the Lakers are not the same but you still bring up anyway. I hope the playoff's aren't messing with your desperate housewives tube time.

chiefs4me
05-03-2005, 08:11 AM
F*CK EVERYTHING that is Dallas! :cuss:

:harumph:

chiefs4me
05-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Of course we are watching the playoffs.....3 texas teams are playing.....and the spurs are gonna win it all.

KCTitus
05-03-2005, 08:26 AM
The only thing interesting about the NBA is Van Gundy's spilling of the nasty secret that certain teams get certain calls based upon who plays for them. Ol' Mumble Whispers move is pretty good evidence.

Will Stern drum him out of the league...for the sake of the NBA, he might.

Bwana
05-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Watch the NBA? :ZZZ: I would rather get gut shot.

chiefs4me
05-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Watch the NBA? :ZZZ: I would rather get gut shot.

I would be willing to help you with that.;)

and wtf am I supposed to watch since there is NO HOCKEY........:deevee:

Skip Towne
05-03-2005, 08:42 AM

and wtf am I supposed to watch since there is NO HOCKEY........:deevee:
I'll bet Psicosis could hook you up with some soccer. Soccer - Hockey what's the difference?

KCTitus
05-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Soccer - Hockey what's the difference?

Hockey is played on ice...

chiefs4me
05-03-2005, 08:48 AM
I'll bet Psicosis could hook you up with some soccer. Soccer - Hockey what's the difference?

I like soccer.....and see it plenty. My 14 year old plays on the freshman team at school and the 3 year old is playing at the ymca.

But I want Hockey.....:harumph:

Lzen
05-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I like the NBA playoffs. The regular season generally isn't all that exciting. But the playoffs are a lot of fun to watch. Especially with all the former Jayhawks on playoff teams.
-Kirk Hinrich, Bulls
-Nick Collison, Sonics
-Paul Pierce & Raef LaFrentz, Celtics
-Greg Ostertag, Kings
-Scott Pollard, Pacers
-Jaque Vaughn, Nets (if he is still there - I haven't followed them very closely)

Since there is no KC team to support, I've adopted several different teams over the years at different times. I used to really like the Knicks and Suns since the early 90s when I started watching the NBA. Since the Knicks aren't in it, I like The Celtics and Bulls in the East. Paul Pierce is really kicking ass and has been since he entered the league. Hinrich has really become a leader on that young Bulls team and he's made a big splash, as well. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble.

In the West, I started following the Mavericks about 2-3 years ago when LaFrentz joined them and have liked their team since. Obviously, I'm rooting for Dallas in that series although I've always liked Van Gundy from his days in New York and I also like Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. I've liked the Suns since way back in the Charles Barkley days with Kevin Johnson, Danny Ainge, A.C. Green and "Thunder" Dan Marley.

Sure, the NBA does let certain players get away with things. Shaq can back into an oppenent without a foul being called. Travelling is only if you take 4 steps. But overall, it's still hoops and it's the best sport on right now. It's the only sport on right now that interests me. Baseball sucks. Hockey sucks and cancelled their season anyway. NASCAR sucks. Tennis is okay to play but gets boring to watch. Golf sucks. Soccer is okay but, it can get boring since scoring is so low.

munkey
05-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Ol' Mumble Whispers move is pretty good evidence.

Who's Ol' Mumble Whispers?

chiefs4me
05-03-2005, 08:52 AM
I like the NBA playoffs. The regular season generally isn't all that exciting. But the playoffs are a lot of fun to watch. Especially with all the former Jayhawks on playoff teams.
-Kirk Hinrich, Bulls
-Nick Collison, Sonics
-Paul Pierce & Raef LaFrentz, Celtics
-Greg Ostertag, Kings
-Scott Pollard, Pacers
-Jaque Vaughn, Nets (if he is still there - I haven't followed them very closely)

Since there is no KC team to support, I've adopted several different teams over the years at different times. I used to really like the Knicks and Suns since the early 90s when I started watching the NBA. Since the Knicks aren't in it, I like The Celtics and Bulls in the East. Paul Pierce is really kicking ass and has been since he entered the league. Hinrich has really become a leader on that young Bulls team and he's made a big splash, as well. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble.

In the West, I started following the Mavericks about 2-3 years ago when LaFrentz joined them and have liked their team since. Obviously, I'm rooting for Dallas in that series although I've always liked Van Gundy from his days in New York and Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. I've also like the Suns since way back in the Charles Barkley days with Kevin Johnson, Danny Ainge, A.C. Green and "Thunder" Dan Marley.

Sure, the NBA does let certain players get away with things. Shaq can back into an oppenent without a foul being called. Travelling is only if you take 4 steps. But overall, it's still hoops and it's the best sport on right now. It's the only sport on right now that interests me. Baseball sucks. Hockey sucks and cancelled their season anyway. NASCAR sucks. Tennis is okay to play but gets boring to watch. Golf sucks.

The spurs are gonna win it all....and HOCKEY and NASCAR do not suck.

Lzen
05-03-2005, 08:56 AM
The only thing interesting about the NBA is Van Gundy's spilling of the nasty secret that certain teams get certain calls based upon who plays for them. Ol' Mumble Whispers move is pretty good evidence.

That is true. And Van Gundy is right about that. Stern doesn't like that somebody spoke out about it. Whether Jeff is right in this case is debatable, I guess. But it is true and we've seen it over the years. Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Reggie Miller, etc. Certain players are great players but the NBA sometimes thinks they need help. That is one of the downfalls of this league, IMO.

KCTitus
05-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Who's Ol' Mumble Whispers?

Hackielle ONeal.

Saulbadguy
05-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Sure, the NBA does let certain players get away with things. Shaq can back into an oppenent without a foul being called. Travelling is only if you take 4 steps. But overall, it's still hoops and it's the best sport on right now. It's the only sport on right now that interests me. Baseball sucks. Hockey sucks and cancelled their season anyway. NASCAR sucks. Tennis is okay to play but gets boring to watch. Golf sucks. Soccer is okay but, it can get boring since scoring is so low.
Its unfair to lump NASCAR in to all that, since its not even a sport.

TEX
05-03-2005, 09:12 AM

The deal with Jeff is he is a pretty straight up guy and it took a lot to get him to this point. The way YAO gets treated is just unbelieveable. Anyone who saw the Rockets /Mavs game last night would be hard pressed to dismiss anything that Van Gundy has to say on the subject. It was a horrible display of officiating as YAO was once again taken out of the game early because of foul trouble. TNT was with Van Gundy as they showed YAO's "fouls" with ???? after each one. Don't even get me started as to how 3 NBA officials missed Finley coming from out of bounds to strip the ball away from Barry under the MAV's basket that resulted in a Mav's basket putting them up by 5 with under 1 minute to go. The sad thing was that one official was literally 2 feet away fron the action. :shake:

I'm certainly not saying that it cost the Rockets the game as they still had their had their chances, but with two evenly matched teams, missed calls can have a huge effect on the game. That has been the case this whole series and the bad calls are not "evening" out. It's not even close. Van Gundy is right about that.

TEX
05-03-2005, 09:54 AM
It's like that huh? Where's the love?

Well I LOVE to kick the Lakers when they're down. It's not often I get the chance so when the opportunity presents itself I need to take full advantage of every opportunity. :rolleyes:

Bwana
05-03-2005, 10:03 AM

How big a girl are ya? :hmmm:

munkey
05-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Don't even get me started as to how 3 NBA officials missed Finley coming from out of bounds to strip the ball away from Barry under the MAV's basket that resulted in a Mav's basket putting them up by 5 with under 1 minute to go. The sad thing was that one official was literally 2 feet away fron the action. :shake:

I liked the phantom foul on Pachet (sp) stopping the clock after that.... :rolleyes:

I think the thing that I can't stand most about the NBA is the offensive players ability to create contact and get rewarded for it. There's always that foul where the offensive player literally goes out of his way to make contact when it wasn't the defensive player objective or just out of position (players hanging in the air).

I too can't stand the Shaq rules either....He gets away with more than any player in the league....AND don't even tell me it's because he's bigger so he can be more physical...thats BS. I haven't watched any of the Miami series for mere fact that he literally bulldozes over people and gets away with it.

TEX
05-03-2005, 10:14 AM
I liked the phantom foul on Pachet (sp) stopping the clock after that.... :rolleyes:

I think the thing that I can't stand most about the NBA is the offensive players ability to create contact and get rewarded for it. There's always that foul where the offensive player literally goes out of his way to make contact when it wasn't the defensive player objective or just out of position (players hanging in the air).

I too can't stand the Shaq rules either....He gets away with more than any player in the league....AND don't even tell me it's because he's bigger so he can be more physical...thats BS. I haven't watched any of the Miami series for mere fact that he literally bulldozes over people and gets away with it.

Yep, that Padget phantom foul was the icing on the cake. :shake:

The deal with the Shaq rule is that it is just that - the Shaq rule. YAO does get called for EVERYTHING. IF thay let YAO play half as much as they let Shaq, Dallas would be done. Point is, if they're going to let one big man play, they should let them all play. There's just no consistency in the NBA and that's frustrating. :banghead:

munkey
05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Yep, that Padget phantom foul was the icing on the cake. :shake:

The deal with the Shaq rule is that it is just that - the Shaq rule. YAO does get called for EVERYTHING. IF thay let YAO play half as much as they let Shaq, Dallas would be done. Point is, if they're going to let one big man play, they should let them all play. There's just no consistency in the NBA and that's frustrating. :banghead:

I guess they don't see YAO as marketing tool for the NBA as they do Shaq.

KCTitus
05-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I guess they don't see YAO as marketing tool for the NBA as they do Shaq.

To their own detriment...China's a pretty big audience.

Lzen
05-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Yao was gettin a lot of fouls going his way last night, too. He just choked at the FT line. But I was shocked that they missed the call on Finley being out of bounds when knocked the ball away. There's no excuse for that one. It was a terrible (non) call.

And what munkey mentioned about the offensive player going out of his way to create contact. Yeah, that's crap and I hate it. Reggie Miller is the master at that. He abuses the refs with that and, of course, they cater to his antics. I'm thinking "don't they realize they are being used?" :shake:

TEX
05-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Yao was gettin a lot of fouls going his way last night, too. He just choked at the FT line. But I was shocked that they missed the call on Finley being out of bounds when knocked the ball away. There's no excuse for that one. It was a terrible (non) call.

And what munkey mentioned about the offensive player going out of his way to create contact. Yeah, that's crap and I hate it. Reggie Miller is the master at that. He abuses the refs with that and, of course, they cater to his antics. I'm thinking "don't they realize they are being used?" :shake:

You're right about YAO at the free throw line but IMO you're wrong that he got calls to go his way. When? Where? YAO picked up 3 fouls early and had to take a seat. All were questionable at best. Then when the Rockets were making a come back YAO picked up # 4, right on "Q" and had to take a seat. :shake: Did you see what Dirk did to him on that fast break? YAO slammed it home, but was mugged and got no free throw. In this series the calls aren't evening out. It's bad enough the Rockets are having to play half the game without YAO and they're still getting very bad calls go against them. Did you happen to see game 3?

TEX
05-03-2005, 10:46 AM
To their own detriment...China's a pretty big audience.

Not to memtion his global appeal. And I thought that's what the NBA was after? :hmmm:

PunkinDrublic
05-03-2005, 06:54 PM
You're right about YAO at the free throw line but IMO you're wrong that he got calls to go his way. When? Where? YAO picked up 3 fouls early and had to take a seat. All were questionable at best. Then when the Rockets were making a come back YAO picked up # 4, right on "Q" and had to take a seat. :shake: Did you see what Dirk did to him on that fast break? YAO slammed it home, but was mugged and got no free throw. In this series the calls aren't evening out. It's bad enough the Rockets are having to play half the game without YAO and they're still getting very bad calls go against them. Did you happen to see game 3?

Make all the excuses you want your boys are about to get knocked out of the playoffs after choking the last three games away.

Go Mavs!!!

freebeer
05-05-2005, 04:17 AM
I agree punkindrublic,

Now that it looks like the Bulls will be going home soon.......I can focus and use the full strength of the dark side to ensure the Mavs make it past Houston. But once they make it past Yao and company they will be on their own.
My master and I will be off to star grid 38 G in the Melexar galaxy. Also known as Cancoon.........the dark side will be drinking a crap load of dark beer.........I cant use the force when I am shitfaced.

Rudy lost the toss
05-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Paul Pierce = dumbass

chiefs4me
05-05-2005, 08:01 PM
How big a girl are ya? :hmmm:

118 strong pounds

tk13
05-05-2005, 08:01 PM
That was a thrilling finish to regulation....

chiefs4me
05-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Of course I am watching......mavs and rockets.

Rudy lost the toss
05-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Make all the excuses you want your boys are about to get knocked out of the playoffs after choking the last three games away.

Go Mavs!!!
Even if the Mavs beat the rockets, I will be satisfied with Mark Cuban's facial expression when they lose in the next round. I hate that guy

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/ap/2000/sep/cuban010401.jpg