PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with an insurance claim

Nzoner
05-03-2005, 01:15 PM
So a couple of weekends ago a lady runs off the highway and skids about 30 ft through the front of my property before taking out a large shrub and flipping her car.

At first I wasn't going to say much because I figured I could load up the shrub put it on the burn pile and be done with it.However,today I'm out taking a closer look and notice that the shrub is basically embedded into the ground and there's no way I'm getting this project done on my own.

My question is this,the adjustor from her insurance company is contacting me later and I'm curious as to what I should say I want done.

Removing the shrub is a no brainer,but do I say I want a new shrub as well as the tire ruts filled in with new grass seed etc.

Seriously,I don't want to be a dick about the situation,the lady was pregnant and had a bad wreck and I don't want to be the cause of anymore pain but was just wondering what some of you would ask for.

Rain Man
05-03-2005, 01:18 PM
It's not unreasonable to ask for things to be put back the way they were.

mlyonsd
05-03-2005, 01:18 PM
You've got a right to get your property put back the way it was. If you want another shrub, make sure you get one. Same with the grass. It won't take a landscaper much to fix it all.

It's her insurance company that owes you, not her persay, IMO.

jspchief
05-03-2005, 01:19 PM
You're not being a dick. That's what insurance is for. You making them fix your lawn isn't going to have any more effect on her than you making them fix your car.

go bowe
05-03-2005, 01:21 PM
heck, i'd ask for sod to fix the tire ruts...

but i agree with jspchief, this is what insurance is for...

the pregnant lady doesn't have to pay for your repairs...

Iowanian
05-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Its the insurances issue at this point. Damage is damage. I'd think you could have a landscaper give an estimate to put things back, and they'd cut you a check to fix it yourself.

Ask them to make your lawn a putting green, and you're being a dick....ask them to fix it, and you're not.

It doesn't sound like anything a truck, chain and a shovel can't fix.......and its an easy time of year to find a replacement bush.

At least some druggy didn't catch his car on fire next to your truck, have no insurance, and the damage be exactly at your $500 comp deductible.

Nzoner
05-03-2005, 01:25 PM
It's not unreasonable to ask for things to be put back the way they were.

I agree but to add to your ethics question,the night the trooper came and got me and I went out front to the accident scene,the tow truck guy says to me,"that was a $10,000 bush wasn't it?" :rolleyes:

go bowe
05-03-2005, 01:32 PM
I agree but to add to your ethics question,the night the trooper came and got me and I went out front to the accident scene,the tow truck guy says to me,"that was a $10,000 bush wasn't it?" :rolleyes:claiming a $10,000 bush sounds like it might be fraud...

you have a right to get your yard returned to its previous state...

big differrence...

Nzoner
05-03-2005, 01:40 PM
claiming a $10,000 bush sounds like it might be fraud...

thus the use of the :rolleyes: and to show that some people are just looking for anything to capitalize.

JimNasium
05-03-2005, 01:42 PM
I've seen some expensive bush in my day.

Nzoner
05-03-2005, 01:44 PM

Speakin' of rep

Jenny Gump
05-03-2005, 01:52 PM
At least some druggy didn't catch his car on fire next to your truck, have no insurance, and the damage be exactly at your $500 comp deductible.

How many times am I gonna have to apologize for that? Geez.

Jenny Gump
05-03-2005, 01:53 PM

Yeah..."seen it" walk on by.

go bowe
05-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I've seen some expensive bush in my day.ROFL ROFL ROFL

but you're supposed to do more than just look...

Lzen
05-03-2005, 03:04 PM

Ain't no bush worth that. I don't care how good it is.

Bwana
05-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I would just make them put it back exactly the way it was. That seems fair to me. Just don't let the adjustor try to bone you.

Ari Chi3fs
05-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I would say that my autographed 1927 Yankees baseball is now missing, and it must be her fault.

crazychiefsfan
05-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Maybe it wasn't her fault, maybe it was yours. You standing outside by the side of the road drunk and naked anything could happen.

spnrb8
05-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Hey its me, I just wanted to let you know that I actually have an account now. Mike.

Nzoner
05-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Maybe it wasn't her fault, maybe it was yours. You standing outside by the side of the road drunk and naked anything could happen.

Oh come now,have you ever seen me that drunk?

Wait...don't answer that :D

Skip Towne
05-03-2005, 06:31 PM
I suspect the vibrations caused by hitting the bush cracked your foundation.

Nzoner
06-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Its the insurances issue at this point. Damage is damage. I'd think you could have a landscaper give an estimate to put things back, and they'd cut you a check to fix it yourself.

Well it took awhile,and at first they were fighting me on the issue saying another vehicle was involved to which I explained to them it wasn't the other vehicle that went yard farming on my property.

Anyhow,I got a check yesterday,thanks for the input.

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Weren't you storing a Picasso in that shrub? Al Bundy had two of them in the trunk when "The Dodge" got stolen.

Iowanian
06-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Well it took awhile,and at first they were fighting me on the issue saying another vehicle was involved to which I explained to them it wasn't the other vehicle that went yard farming on my property.

Anyhow,I got a check yesterday,thanks for the input.

You can make my % payable to : Phobia