PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Federov...I figured out where I've heard his voice before...

htismaqe
05-03-2005, 06:43 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00005NNMK/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/104-6152639-4980743?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

kcfanintitanhell
05-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Bingo!!!
It was only five minutes before I saw this thread that I was telling my fiance that he definitely reminded me of someone....

JOhn
05-03-2005, 07:07 PM
That first song SUCKED :Lin:

Count Zarth
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Carrie's first song was fantastic tonight. I thought everyone did a great job.

I think Anthony's going home, BTW.

kcfanintitanhell
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Yup-Anthony and the Walrus, not necessarily in that order, though.

Count Zarth
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
I think the Walrus is much better. Did well tonight.

kcfanintitanhell
05-03-2005, 09:03 PM
I think the Walrus is much better. Did well tonight.

Yeah-he did well, but the other 3 took it to a different level, and I think voters are going to have issues with his his attitude-it was cool at first, but it has become rather boorish.
God, and to think I never used to watch this show. I need to get a life.

Count Zarth
05-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah-he did well, but the other 3 took it to a different level, and I think voters are going to have issues with his his attitude-it was cool at first, but it has become rather boorish.

ROFL

I agree. I think it's Carrie's contest to lose, and at this point it would take a catastrophe of epic proportions, like having her trachea ripped out.

htismaqe
05-04-2005, 04:54 AM

What other 3?

I thought Vonzell was all over the place. She has a dynamic voice, but she's not "good".

Carrie and Bo had great performances last night. The rest were somewhat less than, as Randy would say, "aight".

donkhater
05-04-2005, 07:19 AM
Carrie and Bo are so much above the rest it is ridiculus. 10 weeks ago you could've put these two in the final two it was that obvious. If it turns out any other way, one of them got robbed.

Idahored
05-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Carrie, Bo and Vonzell are head and shoulders above the other two. Personally, I really like Vonzell and think she's up there with the other three. Bo has the advantage of already doing this a long time. Based on talent and performance alone he should win it, but I'm not sure his style will carry him there.

My fav was Nadia, but I'm not sure who is now. Any of the three above would be fine with me.

Frankie
05-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Just a reminder to Idol Watchers:

Make sure you don't post a "So & So Was Dumped" thread tomorrow. A spoiler warning is appropriate. I was so happy by Constantine's demise that I forgot that rule last week.

kcfanintitanhell
05-04-2005, 07:52 AM
I was so happy by Constantine's demise that I forgot that rule last week.

Speaking of Constantine, I happened to catch a glimpse of him yesterday on TV in between Spongebob Squarepants episodes on Nickelodeon doing some sort of guest thing.

Infidel Goat
05-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Carrie, Bo and Vonzell are head and shoulders above the other two. Personally, I really like Vonzell and think she's up there with the other three. Bo has the advantage of already doing this a long time. Based on talent and performance alone he should win it, but I'm not sure his style will carry him there.

My fav was Nadia, but I'm not sure who is now. Any of the three above would be fine with me.

I also think Nadia should have been in the final three--probably with Bo and Carrie. When Nadia came out in that mohawk, though, I thought that the American voting public would probably start to turn on her.

I personally think that the final three will be Carrie, Bo, and Scott (surprise!).

Scott is getting a bunch of help from the following website:

http://www.votefortheworst.com

It isn't up right now, but it has received over a half million hits--and it's basic premise is that people should vote for Scott (the worst) because it increases the entertainment value of the show.

--Infidel Goat

Idahored
05-04-2005, 08:00 AM

It isn't up right now, but it has received over a half million hits--and it's basic premise is that people should vote for Scott (the worst) because it increases the entertainment value of the show.

--Infidel Goat

Great, just great. Scott should not have made the top ten. He has an ok voice, but not near enough power in it.

I agree with you about Nadia. I'm hoping she cuts a cd though, I would buy it in a second.

Idahored
05-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Just a reminder to Idol Watchers:

Make sure you don't post a "So & So Was Dumped" thread tomorrow. A spoiler warning is appropriate. I was so happy by Constantine's demise that I forgot that rule last week.

Thanks Frankie!! I won't be watching that episode until Thurs night.

Frankie
05-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I also think Nadia should have been in the final three--probably with Bo and Carrie. When Nadia came out in that mohawk, though, I thought that the American voting public would probably start to turn on her.
I for one thought Nadia's mohawk was super cool.

Nadia and Anwar were my early favorites. Bo and Vonzelle are now. They weren't that separated from my top choices to begin with. I thought both were awesome last night, which means one of them is sure to go tonight. :banghead:

As Bo and the Vonz keep getting better week by week, I think Carrie (everyone's early favorite) is showing some limitations. She has a good country voice and that's what she needs to stick to.

Frankie
05-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks Frankie!! I won't be watching that episode until Thurs night.
Hey IR, I'd stay away from yahoo and other such sites, if I were you. As you log on to them they usually have that info on their front page.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I think Carrie (everyone's early favorite) is showing some limitations. She has a good country voice and that's what she needs to stick to.

Oh - come on. She can do other stuff, too.

She absolutely dominated that Heart song.

Frankie
05-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Oh - come on. She can do other stuff, too.

She absolutely dominated that Heart song.

Her country style voice shows through most of her other stuff. Gets a little distracting. She's a great talent though. But I think Bo and Vonzelle should be the final two.

Ultra Peanut
05-04-2005, 09:33 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00005NNMK/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/104-6152639-4980743?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=musicTHE FIIIIINAL COUNTDOWN!

NewChief
05-04-2005, 10:07 AM
That Anthony dork should have been gone a long freaking time ago. Damn teenie boppers and their ubiquitous cell phones!

Frankie
05-04-2005, 10:11 AM
That Anthony dork should have been gone a long freaking time ago. Damn teenie boppers and their ubiquitous cell phones!

How do you think Constantine lasted as long as he did?

htismaqe
05-04-2005, 10:26 AM

Vonzell isn't in the same league as the other 2.

She's got a very amazing voice, but it lacks polish. She's very "pitchy" to use a Randy word, because she doesn't have very good control.

She reminds me of Jennifer Hudson last year.

htismaqe
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM

I personally think that the final three will be Carrie, Bo, and Scott (surprise!).

--Infidel Goat

I was going to post this too, but couldn't remember the URL for the site.

As for Nadia, I guess I'm not sure what the love affair is. I thought she flat-out stunk for most of the competition.

Of course, I always tell my wife what I think right after they sing, and sure enough, Simon agrees with me about 95% of the time.

htismaqe
05-04-2005, 10:30 AM
I for one thought Nadia's mohawk was super cool.

Nadia and Anwar were my early favorites. Bo and Vonzelle are now. They weren't that separated from my top choices to begin with. I thought both were awesome last night, which means one of them is sure to go tonight. :banghead:

As Bo and the Vonz keep getting better week by week, I think Carrie (everyone's early favorite) is showing some limitations. She has a good country voice and that's what she needs to stick to.

That good country voice is precisely why she's still in this and a favorite to win.

American Idol isn't about versatility as much as it is about gathering a fan base. Carrie is good (very good) at her style and it's getting her votes. That's all that matters.

Look at it this way, does a band like Korn release an album of show tunes? Not bloody likely, and even then, not until they've gathered a solid following. When Carrie gets out into the biz, she's gonne release country albums and people are going to buy them. It isn't gonna matter whether she can sing Rogers and Hammerstein.

Frankie
05-04-2005, 10:36 AM
When Carrie gets out into the biz, she's gonne release country albums and people are going to buy them. It isn't gonna matter whether she can sing Rogers and Hammerstein.
One of the main reasons I want Bo or Vonzell to win. I think Carrie already has a country music career in the bag. She doesn't need to land in the top two.

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Carrie reminds me of a young Faith Hill. Great voice and very, very boneable.

RedNFeisty
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM

As for Nadia, I guess I'm not sure what the love affair is. I thought she flat-out stunk for most of the competition.

Of course, I always tell my wife what I think right after they sing, and sure enough, Simon agrees with me about 95% of the time.

Now, don't go and say anything bad about Nadia, she was my favorite this year. I also loved the mohawk!!

Clint in Wichita
05-04-2005, 10:58 AM
A country singer being called an "American Idol" is a sign of the mutha fuggin apocalypse.

That broad annoys me.

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Now, don't go and say anything bad about Nadia, she was my favorite this year. I also loved the mohawk!!

You just love the dark skin.

Clint in Wichita
05-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Nadia is pretty friggin hot.

Monty
05-04-2005, 11:16 AM
That broad annoys me.

How so? She's freakin' gorgeous...... :clap:

Oh, she's the best singer in the group as well. :toast:

jcroft
05-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Carrie and Bo are by far the favorites to win now. I picked Carrie to win in the roud of 32, and I'll stick with it -- but Bo definitely has a shot. What demographic has more voters -- country or rock? I tend to think country -- there aren't that many rockers watching AI, I don't think.

Scott is so strange -- when he's on (like last night), he's quite good. But he's very inconsistent. When he's at his best, I think he's number three in this competition. But, he can't seem to do that night in and night out. If he nails the next few weeks, he's got a shot. A longshot, but a shot. If he has one off night, he's gone. I'd sure rather see him stick around instead of Federov.

Vonzell has a decent voice, but I don't see her as spectacular. She's got good range and she's a pretty girl, but she sings sharp a bit too much and just doesn't excite me like Carrie and Bo do. She does have a shot to win, though. At this point, she's the only person left repping the soul/R&B genre, and there's a lot of voters that dig that (myself included, even though I'm not a Vonz fan, really).

Federov just drives me nuts. When Clay Aiken was dorky and sang cheeseball ballads is was kind of cute and seemed sincere -- when Anthony does it, it just comes off as really freaking dorky. I'm not sure why, but he doesn't pull off the lovable nerd thing -- he's just a nerd. His voice isn't bad, but I just can't get into the guy.

I miss Nadia. She was my personal favorite this season.

And I still miss Camille Velasco from season two. Sure she wasn't a great singer, but she was hot, Hawaiian, and had that whole Lauryn thing going on.

While I'm at it, I miss Lauryn.

jcroft
05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
One of the main reasons I want Bo or Vonzell to win. I think Carrie already has a country music career in the bag. She doesn't need to land in the top two.

None of them need to, at this point. All five that are left will surely get record deals and sell plenty of records. I'd expect Carrie and Bo to have lasting careers. The others are not sure things to be stars, but they are sure things to land a contract and make a ton of money on one record, simply because they've got a pre-installed fan base from the show.

jcroft
05-04-2005, 11:46 AM
By the way, I agree with Phobia -- Carrie can do other stuff as well. She nailed the Heart song and has shined in a a few other non-country types, too. Certainly, her album should be (and will be) country, but if they stuck her alongside Britney and Jessica I'm sure she's suceed at that, too.

Frankie
05-04-2005, 12:49 PM
His voice isn't bad, but I just can't get into the guy.

Good! That would probably be illegal in at least 49 states.
:p

RedNFeisty
05-04-2005, 02:03 PM
You just love the dark skin.

Beauty is beauty sweetheart, it doesn't matter the color of skin!! :p

To me, Nadia oozzed sex appeal! She could have eaten a few more steaks, but I am willing to over look that due to her persona.

Phobia
05-04-2005, 02:07 PM

To me, Nadia oozzed sex appeal! She could have eaten a few more steaks, but I am willing to over look that due to her persona.

Nadia was hot until she grabbed the microphone and proceeded to give birth right there on stage. My God, I'm not sure she could have made a more horrifying face. I liked to watch her walk around, but watching her sing was painful for me. Hopefully she'll be on the radio.

KChiefs1
05-04-2005, 02:14 PM
A country singer being called an "American Idol" is a sign of the mutha fuggin apocalypse.

Reality TV internet boards are hot that there is a shocker tonight in the voting...people are predicting Bo or Carrie are gone tonight! :deevee:

Frankie
05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Reality TV internet boards are hot that there is a shocker tonight in the voting...people are predicting Bo or Carrie are gone tonight! :deevee:

Based on?

htismaqe
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
And I still miss Camille Velasco from season two. Sure she wasn't a great singer, but she was hot, Hawaiian, and had that whole Lauryn thing going on.

I certainly hope you're kidding, dude.

RedNFeisty
05-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Nadia was hot until she grabbed the microphone and proceeded to give birth right there on stage. My God, I'm not sure she could have made a more horrifying face. I liked to watch her walk around, but watching her sing was painful for me. Hopefully she'll be on the radio.

I didn't happen to notice her funny faces when she was singing. Suppose I was looking elsewhere! :)

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 02:34 PM

I would rather have a run at Carrie, personal preference.

ChiefsCountry
05-04-2005, 02:42 PM

I agree with you.

RedNFeisty
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM

Beautiful face, but a stick in the mud. Gorgeous voice! My taste does not match most, I will admit that and it varies greatly from person to person.

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Beautiful face,.

Yea I just imaging.............................nevermind.

Clint in Wichita
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Yea I just imaging.............................nevermind.

Let me guess...Clay Aiken and Rueben Studdard getting it on? ROFL

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Let me guess...Clay Aiken and Rueben Studdard getting it on? ROFL

Always gotta take it gay don't ya? :shake:

ROFL

KChiefs1
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Based on?

The most reliable sources in the world....Internet Messageboards! :p

ChiefsCountry
05-04-2005, 03:08 PM
The most reliable sources in the world....Internet Messageboards! :p

Hey Gunther got fired from one. ROFL

jcroft
05-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I certainly hope you're kidding, dude.

Nope, I really dug her. She sucked at singing (well, sucked for an AI finalist, anyway), but I thought she was hot and just had a cool island vibe (a la Lauryn).

jcroft
05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
For the record, I'm with red -- as far as sexiness goes, Nadia was the hottest thing year. Carrie is a pretty girl but a bit too typical for my taste.

(But I'd still hit it, of course :) )

NewChief
05-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Beautiful face, but a stick in the mud. Gorgeous voice! My taste does not match most, I will admit that and it varies greatly from person to person.

I agree. She's a little bland.

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree. She's a little bland.

If Carrie is bland then you can bland her right over this direction. :hump:

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
ROFL

I agree. I think it's Carrie's contest to lose, and at this point it would take a catastrophe of epic proportions, like having her trachea ripped out.Damn, it sure is a good thing Tonya Harding isn't in this competition.

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 06:40 PM

Of course, I always tell my wife what I think right after they sing, and sure enough, Simon agrees with me about 95% of the time.Simon fuggin rocks. I am quite sure, that when he wants someone gone and being straight doesn't work, he reverts to reverse psychology.

Wasn't he positive on Scott last night?

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 06:41 PM
That good country voice is precisely why she's still in this and a favorite to win.

.That and she has a nice ass. That is all I look at when she is singing

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 06:57 PM
If Carrie is bland then you can bland her right over this direction. :hump:Thats what I'm talking about.

LamarJr
05-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Scotty the Body is gone....The Walrus nevermore!

Frankie
05-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Scotty the Body is gone....The Walrus nevermore!

I thought the twist was very clever and very vicious. Sitting the bottom two as if they were safe, I mean. I think Scott should have survived over Anatoly Federov.

JOhn
05-04-2005, 10:09 PM
I thought the twist was very clever and very vicious. Sitting the bottom two as if they were safe, I mean. I think Scott should have survived over Anatoly Federov.

No, Scott deserved to go several weeks ago, but will not matter as they both will be gone by next week.

I laughed my ass of when I saw Scott act all relieved and smug going to the couch, only to learn he was in the bottom. ROFL ROFL