PDA

View Full Version : CP Support Group Now Forming...

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Well, this afternoon I was chatting it up about the Grateful Dead, the music, the vibes, and oops- the drugs?

Because of it, today will likely have been my last job with my employer- Yep, I got caught chatting on a message board when things were slow at my office.

Four and a half years and all of the profitable projects I've created comes down to this- getting caught chatting at work. But, I can't help it. I have to know what's happening in my ChiefsPlanet. I have to know!

Dammit.

So, you give me a computer with Internet access and tell me I can't use the Internet? So, do you tell the doorman at the strip club, "Hey, no lookin' at the girls while you're working!" But, if there's nobody at the door, what's he to do besides look at the girls?

This is BS. But, I admit- I'm addicted to the Planet. My addiction may have cost me a job- I know that much is true tomorrow. It doesn't look good.

But, hey- I can look on the bright side- at least now I can phuck around on the Planet while drinking beer and cursing at the neighbors through my window for awhile.

Phobia
05-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Bummer, dude. One door closes, another opens. You'll be alright.

Nzoner
05-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear man,I may be joining the group too,my bos...er mrs was dropping hints today about how it's time to get back to daily selling.

Coach
05-03-2005, 07:30 PM
ChiefsPlanet, it's like crack. You're always coming back for more.

Saulbadguy
05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
That sucks. Personally, I wouldn't want to work at a job that I don't have the freedom of doing what I want during my free time. As long as I get my work done, everything should be kosher..right?

You'll be OK. This could be a blessing in disguise.

FloridaChief
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey I hope it doesn't come to dismissal, but your company has no-one to blame but themselves for not giving you enough work to keep you busy...

F'em, Cosmic--go out in a blaze of glory (if that's the case)...

Douche Baggins
05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
That sucks. Personally, I wouldn't want to work at a job that I don't have the freedom of doing what I want during my free time. As long as I get my work done, everything should be kosher..right?

Yup.

Saulbadguy
05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Yup.
Some people don't feel that way. I'm just glad I work in an environment where its allowed. I've worked in a couple places where there is absolutely nothing to do, and the boss got po'd if I was sitting there reading. "Get to work!".."And do what...?".."I don't know..do something!"

Douche Baggins
05-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Some people don't feel that way. I'm just glad I work in an environment where its allowed. I've worked in a couple places where there is absolutely nothing to do, and the boss got po'd if I was sitting there reading. "Get to work!".."And do what...?".."I don't know..do something!"

That's why working in the food industry sucks ass. If there aren't customers...YOUR ASS IS GOING HOME.

Saulbadguy
05-03-2005, 07:47 PM
That's why working in the food industry sucks ass. If there aren't customers...YOUR ASS IS GOING HOME.
You work in the food industry?

Skip Towne
05-03-2005, 07:47 PM
If worse comes to worse you could move in with your parents. It works for Gaychiefs.

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey I hope it doesn't come to dismissal, but your company has no-one to blame but themselves for not giving you enough work to keep you busy...

F'em, Cosmic--go out in a blaze of glory (if that's the case)...

Oh, trust me, I will.

I'm still pissed about the fact the company has yet to acknowledge my last three ideas: 1. The state-of-the art breakroom, which ironically is designed to offer employees the chance to use computers to check emails and personal use during lunches and breaks. The room also includes a big screen TV and no cell phones are permitted. They've been remodeling our office the past couple of months to fit this recreational room with even a DVR and HDTV player. It was designed primarily for - get this- so, the company can say "We provide you with free Internet access in the recreational room, therefore, you can't be using it at your desk" Guess who gets busted? Wallah.

A couple of months ago, they voted to create this recreational room and our Vice President emailed the entire company stating HE was going to build such a thing and that HE wanted this for the employees. HE didn't do shit- HE told everyone it was HIS phucking idea, when it was mine!

Phucking hilarious how I'm going to be canned because of this very thing. I hate phucking corporations and this leads me to your suggestion of going out in a blaze of glory! Damn phucking right I am. You have absolutely no phucking idea how much money, I not only MADE for these tards, but SAVED!

If I get canned over my use of the Internet- there will be a scene unlike anything that has ever occured there before. I have the numbers on everyone else in my division- trust me- it won't be a pretty scene.

But, then again- I hate my job, so maybe some free time with my dog and a couple of months off will do me some good.

Douche Baggins
05-03-2005, 07:49 PM

I used to.

Douche Baggins
05-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh, trust me, I will.

I'm still pissed about the fact the company has yet to acknowledge my last three ideas: 1. The state-of-the art breakroom, which ironically is designed to offer employees the chance to use computers to check emails and personal use during lunches and breaks. The room also includes a big screen TV and no cell phones are permitted. They've been remodeling our office the past couple of months to fit this recreational room with even a DVR and HDTV player. It was designed primarily for - get this- so, the company can say "We provide you with free Internet access in the recreational room, therefore, you can't be using it at your desk" Guess who gets busted? Wallah.

A couple of months ago, they voted to create this recreational room and our Vice President emailed the entire company stating HE was going to build such a thing and that HE wanted this for the employees. HE didn't do shit- HE told everyone it was HIS phucking idea, when it was mine!

Phucking hilarious how I'm going to be canned because of this very thing. I hate phucking corporations and this leads me to your suggestion of going out in a blaze of glory! Damn phucking right I am. You have absolutely no phucking idea how much money, I not only MADE for these tards, but SAVED!

If I get canned over my use of the Internet- there will be a scene unlike anything that has ever occured there before. I have the numbers on everyone else in my division- trust me- it won't be a pretty scene.

But, then again- I hate my job, so maybe some free time with my dog and a couple of months off will do me some good.

What makes you think you are getting canned? I thought I was toast for sure at my old paper...turned out I got bent out of shape over nothing.

dirk digler
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
That sucks Cosmic but if you hate your job so much maybe this is the best thing.

You can't live your life being unhappy.

Good luck and I hope you don't get fired.

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
What makes you think you are getting canned? I thought I was toast for sure at my old paper...turned out I got bent out of shape over nothing.

Because they are canning everyone over the use of Instant Messenging, Chat rooms, Message boards. We've been letting people go left and right over it. Hence, why I came up with the idea for the company to create the rec room and put a bunch of computers in there...

Douche Baggins
05-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Because they are canning everyone over the use of Instant Messenging, Chat rooms, Message boards. We've been letting people go left and right over it. Hence, why I came up with the idea for the company to create the rec room and put a bunch of computers in there...

That's really stupid. Was there any proof those habits were affecting work performance?

What do you do BTW?

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 07:57 PM
That's really stupid. Was there any proof those habits were affecting work performance?

Uhhh, that's what saved me the last time I got caught- my work performance.

NewChief
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM
That sucks man. And to think you were talking in a thread with me. I feel guilty, now. :(

Well, at least I gave you some rep in that thread. Maybe you can trade it in for a can of spam or something when you get hungry.

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 08:11 PM
That sucks man. And to think you were talking in a thread with me. I feel guilty, now. :(

Yep...it's all your fault, dammit! :D

Just kidding....I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I've always been a firm believer things happen for a reason. I'll move on to bigger and better things should anything happen. I never rest.

Coach
05-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear about that Cosmic. I'm sure something positive will come out of this. :)

Ari Chi3fs
05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I hear Rain Man may be hiring.

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I hear Rain Man may be hiring.

Yeah, I gave him a list of demands, and out of all of them- he wouldn't give me the hour lunch. :shake:

I can't work like that...

Coach
05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I gave him a list of demands, and out of all of them- he wouldn't give me the hour lunch. :shake:

I can't work like that...

Well if he's at least letting you to post on the Planet, I guess I wouldn't complain much about lunch that much. But I guess that's just me. :shrug:

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Well if he's at least letting you to post on the Planet, I guess I wouldn't complain much about lunch that much. But I guess that's just me. :shrug:

Hey Coach...you're on to something!

Kevin wouldn't hire me though....He's only interested in hot female interns who will screw him over.

Logical
05-03-2005, 09:00 PM

First I am sorry for your misfortune. However, knowing they have been firing people right and left over it, it would seem maybe you wanted to be caught. Either way I hope you find a great new job, even if they keep you.

patteeu
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM

Maybe you could say you were doing some research on how to best implement that rec room. :shrug:

Hope you don't get fired, but if you do, good luck finding a better job so you can look back at this and smile.

Sure-Oz
05-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Your company needs to get the stick out of their ass, im allowed at work to browse boards and look at stuff but work, they warn us first if need be, i hve yet to get warned about not working enough.

chiefs4me
05-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Sorry to here about this CP...:(

PunkinDrublic
05-03-2005, 09:25 PM
I'll bet if you were on Orange Mane your job wouldn't have been in jeopardy. Do you have a going away speech to give before you leave the office?

Iowanian
05-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Was it the fact that you were chatting, or the topic?

I think you might be able to keep your job..there is always a chance.

good luck, but you'll be alright if you have the day off.

You can always claim an addiction to the internet, which is starting to be documented(hell some guy died online the other day)....and tell them you're sueing for not taking care of your addiction....or something.

If not, tell him to Fug off and that his wife's cooch smells like old sharkmeat.

CosmicPal
05-03-2005, 10:18 PM
First I am sorry for your misfortune. However, knowing they have been firing people right and left over it, it would seem maybe you wanted to be caught. Either way I hope you find a great new job, even if they keep you.

Thanks for the concern...I have been disgruntled with the position and the company as a whole, but I was going to wait until I purchased a house before I started looking elsewhere.

If I'm terminated, the house is pretty much a goner- at least for now...That's the thing that sucks the most.

I will have to quit my addiction to the planet for awhile though, and just hit it when I'm home...like I would with drinking...

morphius
05-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Good luck CosmicPal. Wish Denver's job market was a bit better for you.

Brock
05-03-2005, 11:18 PM
It appears you may not have been aware that Chiefsplanet stays open after 5 pm. It's like 7/11 without the big gulps.

Rausch
05-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the job. That sux.

I remember when I was working for the state (probably the only honest effort and most "give-a-****" I ever put forth) and they fired me for a lits of 10 things detrimental to the office atmosphere.

What's funny, is that while there were probably plenty of truthful things they could have listed none of their 10 were even true. I was ticked.

Then I realized it wasn't about performance, it was about not wanting ME there. And come to think about it, I didn't want to be there either.

I've only been fired once in my life, but thank sweet Singing Jesus they did it...

Ultra Peanut
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
I used to.
http://irrationalnoise.com/fries.htm

Rausch
05-03-2005, 11:33 PM
http://irrationalnoise.com/fries.htm ROFL

Nicely placed classic...

Ultra Peanut
05-03-2005, 11:33 PM
It was really just too easy. I kept scrolling up and down to make sure no one else had posted it.

Sorry about the shit, Cos.

Frazod
05-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Perhaps this will make you feel a bit better.

www.whackyourboss.com (http://www.whackyourboss.com)

Enjoy.

:evil:

Rausch
05-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Perhaps this will make you feel a bit better.

www.whackyourboss.com (http://www.whackyourboss.com)

Enjoy.

:evil:

Oh....ecstacy...

Frazod
05-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh....ecstacy...

The briefcase is my personal favorite. :fire:

Logical
05-03-2005, 11:59 PM

You can always claim an addiction to the internet, which is starting to be documented(hell some guy died online the other day)....and tell them you're sueing for not taking care of your addiction....or something.

If not, tell him to Fug off and that his wife's cooch smells like old sharkmeat.

It is not really funny, but I bet you could sue to keep your job claiming an internet addiction. Good lord what a world we live in. :(

Rausch
05-04-2005, 12:03 AM
The briefcase is my personal favorite. :fire:

Yeah, you definitley need to stop down for a weekend. A day I'm working. It's ****ing anarchy and consistant emasculation of my boss, gauranteed with every pie...

Frazod
05-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, you definitley need to stop down for a weekend. A day I'm working. It's ****ing anarchy and consistant emasculation of my boss, gauranteed with every pie...

Still waiting for you to come up here, dammit. :harumph:

Rausch
05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Still waiting for you to come up here, dammit. :harumph:

I've actually got about 6 weeks of vacation planned. And we will be going up there. Once I leave here for Vegas, well, that's pretty much it. I'm not comming back. Twice a year: once for the grandparents and once for a game.

The plan was the 3rd or 4th week of July, if that jives with you?

Frazod
05-04-2005, 12:10 AM
I've actually got about 6 weeks of vacation planned. And we will be going up there. Once I leave here for Vegas, well, that's pretty much it. I'm not comming back. Twice a year: once for the grandparents and once for a game.

The plan was the 3rd or 4th week of July, if that jives with you?

Sounds good. I've got nothing planned between my vacation next week and the end of August, so come on up!

Rausch
05-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Sounds good. I've got nothing planned between my vacation next week and the end of August, so come on up!

As long as I get to see the gardens.

Drunk (not the type of drunk you're use to, just happy drunk.) :)

Frazod
05-04-2005, 12:14 AM
As long as I get to see the gardens.

Drunk (not the type of drunk you're use to, just happy drunk.) :)

Beyond no puking in, on or near the Mustang :bang: that works for me. :)

I'm out. Goodnight.

Rausch
05-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Beyond no puking in, on or near the Mustang :bang: that works for me. :)

I'm out. Goodnight.

Well, wait....

What'ya want me ta' do? Slam a Champaign bottle against it?... :evil:

Nightfyre
05-04-2005, 02:50 AM

It was probably the fact that it was a KC Chiefs MB. Good luck CP!

RaiderCorporate
05-04-2005, 04:02 AM
...Because of it, today will likely have been my last job with my employer- Yep, I got caught chatting on a message board when things were slow at my office.

...So, you give me a computer with Internet access and tell me I can't use the Internet? So, do you tell the doorman at the strip club, "Hey, no lookin' at the girls while you're working!" But, if there's nobody at the door, what's he to do besides look at the girls?

You're being paid to make your company more profitable. Your time on the job belongs to them, not you, because they're paying for it. Your beliefs about entitlement to playing with yourself while on the job are irrelevant.

You know what? Forget about that. Instead, just blame your employer for not training you to have better discipline.

htismaqe
05-04-2005, 05:28 AM
You're being paid to make your company more profitable. Your time on the job belongs to them, not you, because they're paying for it. Your beliefs about entitlement to playing with yourself while on the job are irrelevant.

You know what? Forget about that. Instead, just blame your employer for not training you to have better discipline.

Not surprising...

freebeer
05-04-2005, 05:44 AM
punkindrublic,

I thought I was the only one into TSOL

freebeer
05-04-2005, 05:45 AM
punkindrublic,

I thought I was the only one into TSOL??

Braincase
05-04-2005, 06:05 AM

Now ROW you scurvy dogs! ROW!

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Sorry to hear, Cosmic. I hope the boss backs down...

As others have mentioned, sometimes these things are for the best because they open up doors one would have missed otherwise. Best wishes.

the Talking Can
05-04-2005, 07:51 AM

what the **** do you know? you live in cell block C with ass raping Steve, the tax cheat....

CosmicPal
05-04-2005, 08:54 AM
I wanted to take this opportunity to express my sincerest thanks to those who have given their support- I really do appreciate it.

I'm off to the office in about a half hour. I've come to the conclusion, I should be okay. It will be a headache for the company to let me go, but more importantly- I've met and exceeded all expectations and prancing around on a message board shouldn't be the cause for termination as long as I've met and exceeded company expectations.

My problem is- is that I have to be working all the time, or I'll get bored. Yesterday, was a slow day at the office and I got bored. I'm just like a child, if I get bored, I end up doing bad things like chatting on a message board. I would never make it as a security guard. I'd end up falling asleep on the job 'cause the job itself wouldn't be exciting enough for me. It's not my fault I'm falling asleep- it's the position itself- it wouldn't keep me busy enough.

Now, there's a lot of peeps who would love to be a security guard, 'cause a lot of peeps would thrive with less activities and responsibilities. But, not me. I need something to do, all the time, or I'll end up finding something to do- like chatting on a message board.

I will have to find something else to do for awhile should I still have a job today. This means, of course, I won't be chatting on the Planet during the day for some time. I'll hop in every now and then 'cause quite frankly, I like playing with fire. But, for the most part, I'll be reserving most of my time on the Planet at night, when I'm at home and not entertaining the girls high school volleyball team to a game of strip poker.

Adios. And thanks again for your cosmic support....

Nightfyre
05-04-2005, 09:04 AM
I wanted to take this opportunity to express my sincerest thanks to those who have given their support- I really do appreciate it.

I'm off to the office in about a half hour. I've come to the conclusion, I should be okay. It will be a headache for the company to let me go, but more importantly- I've met and exceeded all expectations and prancing around on a message board shouldn't be the cause for termination as long as I've met and exceeded company expectations.

My problem is- is that I have to be working all the time, or I'll get bored. Yesterday, was a slow day at the office and I got bored. I'm just like a child, if I get bored, I end up doing bad things like chatting on a message board. I would never make it as a security guard. I'd end up falling asleep on the job 'cause the job itself wouldn't be exciting enough for me. It's not my fault I'm falling asleep- it's the position itself- it wouldn't keep me busy enough.

Now, there's a lot of peeps who would love to be a security guard, 'cause a lot of peeps would thrive with less activities and responsibilities. But, not me. I need something to do, all the time, or I'll end up finding something to do- like chatting on a message board.

I will have to find something else to do for awhile should I still have a job today. This means, of course, I won't be chatting on the Planet during the day for some time. I'll hop in every now and then 'cause quite frankly, I like playing with fire. But, for the most part, I'll be reserving most of my time on the Planet at night, when I'm at home and not entertaining the girls high school volleyball team to a game of strip poker.

I give him 5 minutes back at his desk at work after being lectured before he posts again.

cookster50
05-04-2005, 09:53 AM
I give him 5 minutes back at his desk at work after being lectured before he posts again.

And I give him 5 minutes after that to be fired because they will be monitoring his internet traffic.

Ultra Peanut
05-04-2005, 10:00 AM

Clint in Wichita
05-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding why you'd risk being fired from your job just so you can read the latest stuff like:

"What do your farts smell like?"

"For the 10,000th time, what are your top 10 favorite movies?"

"Pray for my pet lizard."

Well, hopefully you won't have to go on foodstamps!

Frazod
05-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, since CosmicPal didn't post about getting whacked early this afternoon, I'll assume he survived the day. Either that, or he's out getting shitfaced. Hopefully it's the latter. And if that is indeed the case, you may want to seriously lay off the internet at work, because it sounds like you're about out of chances. RaiderCorporate may sound like a souless upper-management prick in his earlier post, but if your company has taken that stand, those are probably good words to live by.

Logical
05-04-2005, 06:21 PM

Perhaps the next time you are thinking of posting you should masturbate instead. Your company probably does not have a written policy against that.:D