PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Mmmm... In-N-Out

Pages : [1] 2

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 01:51 PM
In a move that's sure to be disastrous for my waistline, In-N-Out Burger just opened a new location down the street from my office.

For lunch today I had a Double Double and an order of the best f*cking fries on the planet. Yes, you should be jealous.

On a side note, I find it amusing that In-N-Out has numbered combo meals now. There's only like five things on the menu to begin with... were people having trouble combining these items to make a meal for themselves?

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Never been to one; they don't have 'em up here....what's their selling point?

seclark
05-04-2005, 01:58 PM
sounds like you did better than me. i tried a cup of those chicken-balls from caseys. got a mile out of town and tossed them out the window. now i'm back at the office w a bad case of gassy scours.

i know the ladies are praying a case of trouble comes in so i have to leave again.
sec

shaneo69
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I prefer Harold's Chicken Shack.

Scaga
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
You can get their bumper sticker and cut the "B" and the "R" off it.

Reads:

IN-N-OUT
URGE

jarjar
05-04-2005, 02:00 PM
And what about a bit of the ol' ultra-violence?

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Good food.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Good food.

Wow. No gimmick? What a concept. :clap:

SCTrojan
05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
In a move that's sure to be disastrous for my waistline, In-N-Out Burger just opened a new location down the street from my office.

For lunch today I had a Double Double and an order of the best f*cking fries on the planet. Yes, you should be jealous.

On a side note, I find it amusing that In-N-Out has numbered combo meals now. There's only like five things on the menu to begin with... were people having trouble combining these items to make a meal for themselves?

Those are the best fast food burgers and fries. I'm actually glad they haven't moved into the Midwest yet, because I'd be eating there two or three times a week.

Going out to California this summer on vacation - I plan on visiting often.

Kotter - nearly as good as Tommy's. Not quite, but almost.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Here's some more info, Kotter.

At In-N-Out Burger, freshness is everything. That’s why in a world where food is often chemically processed, prepackaged and frozen, In-N-Out makes everything the old fashioned way.

Our hamburgers are made from fresh, 100% pure beef. They are free of additives, fillers and preservatives of any kind, and we buy only chucks, the front ribs and shoulder. No other parts are ever used. Our butchers carefully hand-cut and grind the beef in our own facility at which point the patties are shipped directly to our stores in refrigerated trucks by our own drivers. This way we have total control over the production of every burger.

Our commitment to freshness doesn’t stop there. Our lettuce is hand-leafed. Our American cheese is the real thing. And we use the plumpest, juiciest tomatoes we can find. All of our ingredients are delivered fresh to our stores. In fact, we don’t even own a microwave, heat lamp, or freezer. We even bake our buns using old-fashioned, slow-rising sponge dough. And we make every burger one at a time, cooked fresh to order.

Of course, what's a great burger without great fries? At In-N-Out, we know a french fry is only as good as the potato it comes from. That’s why we use the highest grade potatoes and ship them fresh from the farm. Then we cut them right in the store, one potato at a time. And cook them in 100% pure, cholesterol-free vegetable oil. To top it all off, we also make our delicious shakes from real ice cream – just like we used to make at the first In-N-Out back in 1948. We wouldn’t do it any other way. Because when it comes to burgers, fries and shakes, getting fresh is a good thing.

Carlota69
05-04-2005, 02:05 PM

Just good ol' fashioned hamburgers. Fresh meat--no frills...

They don't have that processed taste--the fries are fresh cut potatoes instead of frozen..well-- everything is fresh instead of frozen. You can ask for your burger "Animal" style which means put everything, including the kitchen sink, on it.

And yes, the kitchen sink is also fresh never forzen :)

ChiefsOne
05-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Only had them once, they were really good. People in SoCal rave about them all the time. Guess we need one in the area to become an addiction.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 02:09 PM
...Kotter - nearly as good as Tommy's. Not quite, but almost.

Safer neighborhoods maybe? :hmmm:

Phobia
05-04-2005, 02:10 PM

They don't have that processed taste--the fries are fresh cut potatoes instead of frozen..well-- everything is fresh instead of frozen. You can ask for your burger "Animal" style which means put everything, including the kitchen sink, on it.

Sounds like you've done a soundbite or two.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Here's some more info, Kotter.

Thanks. If I hadn't already worked in the restaurant industry before....I might be tempted to check into a franchise.... :hmmm:

SCTrojan
05-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Safer neighborhoods maybe? :hmmm:

Always part of the attraction.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks. If I hadn't already worked in the restaurant industry before....I might be tempted to check into a franchise.... :hmmm:
They don't franchise.

AZORChiefFan
05-04-2005, 02:22 PM
I do enjoy the ol 'In n Out' from time to time. Also like the Burgers at Fatburger. Yes the fries at In n Out are quite tasty.

Bob Dole
05-04-2005, 02:24 PM
That damned restaurant is probably what Bob Dole misses most from when he lived in Vegas.

ptlyon
05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
They don't franchise.

Then how come there's so many of 'em?

chagrin
05-04-2005, 02:35 PM

No time for the ole In and Out love...

kc rush
05-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I had always heard people rave about In-N-Out, so I walked from my hotel room by LAX to their closest location a couple of years ago. The walk was probably a good mile, but the food was worth it.

It was night time, so I was a little nervous since I didn't know the area. I only ran into a couple of crazies, but they left me alone.

vailpass
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM

Yes me droogs, and a little Ludwig Van....

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Um, cause they make more money that way?

ptlyon
05-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Um, cause they make more money that way?

Oh, so they are owned all by the same corporation. Got it.

vailpass
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM

There's not. A couple of pro golfers who live here (Phoenix) also have houses in Florida. They love In-n-Out so much they wanted to franchise one in Florida. The owner said no, it's too far for a truck to drive in one day.
All meat and produce for In-n-Out is delivered fresh daily; if you are outside of one day's truck drive you don't have an In-n-Out.

ptlyon
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM
There's not. A couple of pro golfers who live here (Phoenix) also have houses in Florida. They love In-n-Out so much they wanted to franchise one in Florida. The owner said no, it's too far for a truck to drive in one day.
All meat and produce for In-n-Out is delivered fresh daily; if you are outside of one day's truck drive you don't have an In-n-Out.

Ah. Thanks vp. Rep.

chagrin
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Yes me droogs, and a little Ludwig Van....

This is the real weepy and like tragic part, of the story begining, oh my brothers and only friends...

RaiderH8r
05-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Walter Sobchak: He lives in North Hollywood on Radford, near the In-and-Out Burger...
The Dude: The In-and-Out Burger is on Camrose.
Walter Sobchak: Near the In-and-Out Burger...
Donny: Those are good burgers, Walter.
Walter Sobchak: Shut the **** up, Donny.

Carlota69
05-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Sounds like you've done a soundbite or two.

Well it is how I make a living :)

Skip Towne
05-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Imposters! Bryant's Bar-B-Que has the best french fries on the planet.

vailpass
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
This is the real weepy and like tragic part, of the story begining, oh my brothers and only friends...

:clap: Such a classic. Is it still banned in England?

chagrin
05-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Found this:

In the spring of 2000, an uncut version of the film was re-released to British screens.

chagrin
05-04-2005, 03:21 PM
"...Oh I was cured alright!"
Love it!

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Imposters! Bryant's Bar-B-Que has the best french fries on the planet.
I've never had Bryant's fries. Can't comment.

Skip Towne
05-04-2005, 03:33 PM
You really should go there on your next trip to KC. Hey, they have beer in frosty mugs. I just never want to leave once I'm there.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 03:37 PM

Well...that solves it; just take the concept, tweak it a bit...and start your own place. Just call it, "Fresh and Fast Grub" or some such... :)

craneref
05-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the tip, I just drove downtown for a Double Double myself, so I for one am not jealous, except of the guys eating fries and drinking beer out of frosty mugs at Bryant's.

munkey
05-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Of course, what's a great burger without great fries? At In-N-Out, we know a french fry is only as good as the potato it comes from. That’s why we use the highest grade potatoes and ship them fresh from the farm. Then we cut them right in the store, one potato at a time. And cook them in 100% pure, cholesterol-free vegetable oil. To top it all off, we also make our delicious shakes from real ice cream – just like we used to make at the first In-N-Out back in 1948. We wouldn’t do it any other way. Because when it comes to burgers, fries and shakes, getting fresh is a good thing.

Get yourself one of these & some Idaho potatoes...

Add veg or peanut oil and walla.....

Boozer
05-04-2005, 03:51 PM

I'll second that. In-N-Out's fries are better than any other burger joint's, but they're not even in the same league as Bryant's.

Pezman
05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
"That's what a hamburgers.... all about" mmmmm

Be sure to get them "Animal style" Good eats!

http://tedstrong.com/graphics/innoutburge.jpg

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 04:08 PM

And yes, the kitchen sink is also fresh never forzen :)They also are pretty good to the entry level help that they hire. A local In n out started new hires out at 9.00/ per hour.

Plus their prices are low. The only part of the equation that must make them profitable is that I NEVER see much advertising so they keep their OH low there I guess.

Fug, satisfied customers are the best advertising anyway, they just got a free plug from Delt on the busiest Web site on the Planet, what more could they ask for in advertising?

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 04:11 PM
They don't franchise.As per your post, they are control freaks, so that makes sense.

Saulbadguy
05-04-2005, 04:13 PM
You really should go there on your next trip to KC. Hey, they have beer in frosty mugs. I just never want to leave once I'm there.
Indeed. The fries are cooked in lard. I dip em in the rich & spicy sauce. I like that sauce better than the original.

My order is usually the same every time. Beef & fries, or a Beef & Ham combo +fries, and a large red creme soda.

They opened a new Bryants next to the Kansas Speedway with all that other stuff. For some reason, the fries don't taste quite as good. It could be in my mind. Also, they charge $0.25 for an extra slice of bread. At the old Brooklyn shop, you just reach in the bag and grab as many slices you want. Oh..they also serve wine at the new one. :shake:

Saulbadguy
05-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I've never been to In-N-Out, but here is a 20x20 In-n-Out burger.

Jenson71
05-04-2005, 04:18 PM

I just had a mild heart attack from looking at that...

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 04:24 PM
That seems a touch excessive.

Skip Towne
05-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Right after Arthur Bryant died his niece (who ran the Golden Ox) took over Bryants and nearly ruined it. She cleaned it all up and got rid of the pinball machine that had been there since I first went there in 1965. The meat tasted like it was boiled instead of smoked. But they got it back right again.

Jenson71
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Kinda on the subject...

Anyone got a Coldstone Ice Cream place around? We just got one in Cedar Falls. Heard it's pretty good stuff.

eazyb81
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Would you mind air-mailing me two burgers Animal style?

Man I miss In-N-Out, best fast food joint in the world.

Boozer
05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Kinda on the subject...

Anyone got a Coldstone Ice Cream place around? We just got one in Cedar Falls. Heard it's pretty good stuff.

That's a franchise-operation that is rapidly expanding. Started by an ASU alum. I give them an A- for concept, and a B- for taste (their ice cream is too sugary, if you can believe it).

vailpass
05-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Kinda on the subject...

Coldstone Creamery rocks. We have one on Bell and 83rd, about a block from the In-n-Out.
They chop your ice cream up on, predictably, a cold stone, then cut in all the ingredients you order.
Frickin tasty.

milkman
05-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Damn you Delt, now I'm going to have to go out of my way to get an In-and-Out burger at lunch this week sometime! :cuss:

eazyb81
05-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Kinda on the subject...

We got a new one in the Zona Rosa complex in KC North.

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Kinda on the subject...

Anyone got a Coldstone Ice Cream place around? We just got one in Cedar Falls. Heard it's pretty good stuff.They have those in every town in California almost.

The local one had all these gay chants whenever you ordered or tipped, I will never go back to that. There is no way min wage workers should be that happy. :shake:

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Damn you Delt, now I'm going to have to go out of my way to get an In-and-Out burger at lunch this week sometime! :cuss:Just have em fed ex you one, oops, there goes the freshness.

Jenson71
05-04-2005, 05:24 PM
They have those in every town in California almost.

The local one had all these gay chants whenever you ordered or tipped, I will never go back to that. There is no way min wage workers should be that happy. :shake:

:D...Well, you saw what boozer said, man. Lotta sugar in that stuff. They probably eat a bunch of that on break.

Herzig
05-04-2005, 05:26 PM
We got a new one in the Zona Rosa complex in KC North.

My cousin lives about 1 mile from there right off of Tiffany Springs Road.

Bowser
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Kinda on the subject...

People are giving up their crack habits for that ice cream. It's that good.

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
My cousin lives about 1 mile from there right off of Tiffany Springs Road.This thread got me so hungry for them, I just picked up a box of burgers to chow down on.

lol

I am munching them right now, as I post, eat your heart out. lol

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
My cousin lives about 1 mile from there right off of Tiffany Springs Road.hey buddy, how did you get so many posts ?

Dartgod
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
You sold me. I'm making it a point to visit In-N-out when we go to Vegas this year.

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
You sold me. I'm making it a point to visit In-N-out when we go to Vegas this year.The lettuce is fresh and crispy, pickles fresh, burger sauce, mmmmmmmmmm.

Dartgod
05-04-2005, 05:51 PM
The lettuce is fresh and crispy, pickles fresh, burger sauce, mmmmmmmmmm.
Dammit man, I'm not going for two more months. Just stop that shit right now, will ya?

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Dammit man, I'm not going for two more months. Just stop that shit right now, will ya?Sorry dude, its kind of hard when you are in the process of polishing em off. lol.

I dont' care for their fries though. If they used a different seasoning I 'd be down. The burgers are about $1.7 each.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Kinda on the subject...

There's lots of Cold Stones around here. Heck, I think they're even building a new corporate headquarters in Scottsdale right now.

Course, I've never eaten at one that I recall. I meant to once... but, showed up right after close. So, I have no useful information to offer.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Would you mind air-mailing me two burgers Animal style?

Right. Like I'll be able to resist eating them myself.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Damn you Delt, now I'm going to have to go out of my way to get an In-and-Out burger at lunch this week sometime! :cuss:
Glad I could help.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I dont' care for their fries though.

WTF? Sorry, I can't be your friend.

Bob Dole
05-04-2005, 06:17 PM
You sold me. I'm making it a point to visit In-N-out when we go to Vegas this year.

If you're staying on the strip, it seems like the closest one was across the interstate near the Rio.

Of course, Bob Dole has slept since then...

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 06:24 PM
WTF? Sorry, I can't be your friend.Perhaps if they seasoned them better, I am too fuggin lazy to pour that salt pack, because I end up with way too much on some and not enough on others.

As far as the friend comment goes, I am hurt beyond repair dude. How bout I order one of those dum ass meals and just give you my fries? Would that cheer ya up?

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 06:25 PM
There's lots of Cold Stones around here. Heck, I think they're even building a new corporate headquarters in Scottsdale right now.

Course, I've never eaten at one that I recall. I meant to once... but, showed up right after close. So, I have no useful information to offer.The fuggin electric bill must be murder to keep that stone cold in Zona.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Perhaps if they seasoned them better, I am too fuggin lazy to pour that salt pack, because I end up with way too much on some and not enough on others.

As far as the friend comment goes, I am hurt beyond repair dude. How bout I order one of those dum ass meals and just give you my fries? Would that cheer ya up?
Yay, free fries!

Calcountry
05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
If you're staying on the strip, it seems like the closest one was across the interstate near the Rio.

Of course, Bob Dole has slept since then...Ronald McDonald is just plain gettin one in the Ass by these guys, he may never recover.

the Talking Can
05-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I'd murder the pope if it would help get an In-N-Out Burger in Kansas.

Saulbadguy
05-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Kinda on the subject...

Coldstone Creamery is the best ice cream i've ever had. Its very rich and creamy, and they have lots of neat flavors. Also if you tip them, they will sing you a song. :D

Sure-Oz
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I've heard that was a good place, i also LOVE Culvers, they opened one close by.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Coldstone Creamery is the best ice cream i've ever had. Its very rich and creamy, and they have lots of neat flavors. Also if you tip them, they will sing you a song. :D
Can you tip them to shut up?

Y'know, I've got a buddy that used to work at a Cold Stone. I'll have to ask him about the song thing. He's never mentioned that. He has, however, told stories of showing up to work drunk most of the time.

Heh... same guy actually had a job w/ Cold Stone corporate for like, a week. Guess one day he went out with some of his new coworkers after a long day at the office for a couple drinks. Which, of course, turned into some manner of all night bender at the titty bar culminating with him getting picked up by the cops at like 4am. I guess his new employer wasn't real fond of him not showing up to work the next day.

Dartgod
05-04-2005, 07:06 PM

Of course, Bob Dole has slept since then...
I've already scoped out their locations and i believe you are correct. There's also one near Tropicana and Maryland Pkwy and another near the Interstate by Sahara Ave. :thumb:

Anyong Bluth
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
In & Out is great, but I love a triple with everything - grilled onions included - from Winstead's is the bomb! and their drinks with the ice are the bomb too!

Michael Michigan
05-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Good food.

I don't really keep up with this stuff--are you back in Scottsdale?

Saulbadguy
05-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Can you tip them to shut up?

They will only sing if you tip them. I suppose you could just tell them to shut up, but its fun to see people make fools of themself.

chiefs4me
05-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I have never heard of this In and Out.....is it new? How long have they been around?

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't really keep up with this stuff--are you back in Scottsdale?
Yeah, I came back in March. Got me a new gig up here.

Logical
05-04-2005, 08:53 PM

Really love their burgers with grilled onions. That's right, they will actually grill fresh onions for you and place them on your burger. Outstanding shakes as well, though Jack In the Box may have better shakes (but that is it).

Don't like their french fries that are cooked from raw potatos, but that is just me.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Can I have your fries, Jim?

Logical
05-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Kinda on the subject...

Yes we have tons of them, way over-rated. But then I am not a huge fan of Ice Cream mixed with all sorts of toppings. It is a big attraction for those who like that concept.

Logical
05-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Can I have your fries, Jim?

Sure.

Funny you should say that, when we go there for lunch my friends are always munching down on my fries. There combo meal is basically the same price as a drink and a double ordered separately so I go ahead and just order the combo.

Logical
05-04-2005, 09:06 PM
That's a franchise-operation that is rapidly expanding. Started by an ASU alum. I give them an A- for concept, and a B- for taste (their ice cream is too sugary, if you can believe it).

Yup, your comment on the Ice Cream is exactly right.

RINGLEADER
05-04-2005, 09:07 PM
In-and-Out is the best fast-food burger on the planet IMO...

Michael Michigan
05-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I came back in March. Got me a new gig up here.

Don't I owe you a beer, or vice versa?

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Don't I owe you a beer, or vice versa?
I'm sure it's you that owes. :D

Michael Michigan
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm sure it's you that owes. :D

Keep in touch, we'll try to make it sometime soon.

I've got a bunch of La Jolla trips planned for the summer, but we'll figure it out.

Ot I could buy you a beer at the Green Flash on the beach.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Keep in touch, we'll try to make it sometime soon.

You know me. I'm always up for a brew. I'll PM ya my phone #.

HemiEd
05-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I am out in Boston on my slow dial up lap top so do not have tim to spend the rest of the night reading this whole thread. In-n-Out is the best!
Every trip to California I have to get my fix. I am jealous, I wish they would put them further East. I would probably eat lunch there everyday until I weighed 300 lbs!

Count Zarth
05-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I am out in Boston on my slow dial up lap top so do not have tim to spend the rest of the night reading this whole thread. In-n-Out is the best!
Every trip to California I have to get my fix. I am jealous, I wish they would put them further East. I would probably eat lunch there everyday until I weighed 300 lbs!

No ethernet card?

J Diddy
05-04-2005, 11:48 PM
No ethernet card?

You gonna try to sell him an ethernet card now?

:)

HemiEd
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
No ethernet card?

Probably, but I do not know how to use it. I know there is high speed in the room and the plug matches one on the back of my lap top but I could not make it work. I am a real novice at this stuff

Count Zarth
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM

Erm, no.

But if he wants to buy my stereo..that'd be great.

J Diddy
05-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Probably, but I do not know how to use it. I know there is high speed in the room and the plug matches one on the back of my lap top but I could not make it work. I am a real novice at this stuff

Did you plug it in?

HemiEd
05-04-2005, 11:57 PM

Erm, no.

But if he wants to buy my stereo..that'd be great.

Ok, I have been off the Planet for a few days, what did I miss. Have we been having a Classified or what? :hmmm:

J Diddy
05-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok, I have been off the Planet for a few days, what did I miss. Have we been having a Classified or what? :hmmm:

He's pimping his stereo here instead of trying to sell it on ebay like everyone else.

HemiEd
05-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Did you plug it in?

Ha Ha! Actually I think it is my browser that is not set up for high speed. Please do not tell anyone, especially Saul, but we are AOL people. ROFL

J Diddy
05-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Ha Ha! Actually I think it is my browser that is not set up for high speed. Please do not tell anyone, especially Saul, but we are AOL people. ROFL

Hell, AOL people, I thought you guys were extinct.

HemiEd
05-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Hell, AOL people, I thought you guys were extinct.

I pick my battles with my wife. It is absolutly stupid but she does not want to change. She takes some kind of pride in the fact that we have been using them for ten years. Waste of money and stupid but not the most important issue with me, she gets mad every time I bring it up. :banghead:

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:09 AM

I just posted a thread with the stereo an hour ago.

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I pick my battles with my wife. It is absolutly stupid but she does not want to change. She takes some kind of pride in the fact that we have been using them for ten years. Waste of money and stupid but not the most important issue with me, she gets mad every time I bring it up. :banghead:

Jeez, that's horrible. I'm never getting married.

I'd just do it behind her back.

J Diddy
05-05-2005, 12:12 AM

So this is what you do. Get a new internet connection and name it as aol, even though it isn't go about 2 weeks and then tell her.

After the next 2 weeks on the couch, all will be well.

This will accomplish nothing, however there are principalities involved here.

Then go have an in and out burger so as to prove your manhood.

(had to throw an in and out reference in there so as not to hijack the thread)

J Diddy
05-05-2005, 12:13 AM

Buck up soldier, there are still a few states that allow same sex marriage.

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Buck up soldier, there are still a few states that allow same sex marriage.

That'd be great if I was gay.

J Diddy
05-05-2005, 12:16 AM
That'd be great if I was gay.

You know it would probably be easier to find the right man, if you would come out.

Maybe your perfect "him" is shy, he's waiting on you to make the first move.

FWIW, I don't judge you. I think it's genetic.

HemiEd
05-05-2005, 12:17 AM

I'd just do it behind her back.

I have MSN at the office and use it most of the time. The AOL high speed works good on my home PC. She maintains it, I just use it.
I do a lot of stuff with my hobbies without any interfence from her so I let her have this one.
When you meet the right Woman, you may change your mind on the above statement! :)

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:18 AM
You know it would probably be easier to find the right man, if you would come out.

Maybe your perfect "him" is shy, he's waiting on you to make the first move.

FWIW, I don't judge you. I think it's genetic.

Are you serious? I'm not gay. It's also not genetic...I have zero homosexuals in my family.

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:19 AM
I have MSN at the office and use it most of the time. The AOL high speed works good on my home PC. She maintains it, I just use it.
I do a lot of stuff with my hobbies without any interfence from her so I let her have this one.
When you meet the right Woman, you may change your mind on the above statement! :)

The right woman isn't going to be a dolt when it comes to saving money on internet. There isn't a good reason in the universe to use AOL.

J Diddy
05-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Are you serious? I'm not gay. It's also not genetic...I have zero homosexuals in my family.

Calm down sparky, it's alright.

I'm just ****ing with you.

I truly believe you're not gay, just a not very good heterosexual.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 12:21 AM

Good point. You've got a pretty expensive hobby... not to mention time consuming. It's probably worth a few concessions here and there to maintain that one.

HemiEd
05-05-2005, 12:24 AM
So this is what you do. Get a new internet connection and name it as aol, even though it isn't go about 2 weeks and then tell her.

After the next 2 weeks on the couch, all will be well.

This will accomplish nothing, however there are principalities involved here.

Then go have an in and out burger so as to prove your manhood.

(had to throw an in and out reference in there so as not to hijack the thread)

There would be no couch, we have gotten past that after 34 years. I would sleep in the guest room. :) If I did what you say, the screen would not look like AOL anymore correct? I just have to make this a priority, what browser or service do you suggest?
I think it is too late on the thread hi-jacking concern. I think Boston may be about as far as you can get from an in-n-out location in the lower 48! (trying not to hijack this thread) ROFL

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 12:25 AM
The right woman isn't going to be a dolt when it comes to saving money on internet.

When you like to dump money into restoring classic cars, you're kinda starting from behind on the saving money argument. Many women simply don't understand that fascination... if you have an argument about finances, I bet it comes up quick.

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Calm down sparky, it's alright.

I'm just ****ing with you.

I truly believe you're not gay, just a not very good heterosexual.

That's a damn good description.

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:26 AM
When you like to dump money into restoring classic cars, you're kinda starting from behind on the saving money argument. Many women simply don't understand that fascination... if you have an argument about finances, I bet it comes up quick.

I think it's stupid anyway...I'd just do it behind her back.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 12:27 AM
There would be no couch, we have gotten past that after 34 years. I would sleep in the guest room. :) If I did what you say, the screen would not look like AOL anymore correct? I just have to make this a priority, what browser or service do you suggest?
I think it is too late on the thread hi-jacking concern. I think Boston may be about as far as you can get from an in-n-out location in the lower 48! (trying not to hijack this thread) ROFL

I'd be the biggest hypocrite in the world if I bitched about thread hijacking. Hijack away... hell, it was a thread about hamburgers fercryinoutloud.

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:28 AM

If you're going broadband, the popular services are Verizon DSL, SBC Yahoo DSL, Comcast Cable, Roadrunner cable.

As far as browser is concerned, firefox. You should be using firefox regardless of who your ISP is.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 12:29 AM
I think it's stupid anyway...I'd just do it behind her back.
Oh, it's definitely stupid. But, you do stupid things for pussy sometimes... well, other people do.

I'm sure she feels dumping a few thousand dollars and hours into a 67 Plymouth is stupid, too. If she's willing to tolerate that, you can spare a few extra bucks a month for her stupid affection for AOL.

HemiEd
05-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Good point. You've got a pretty expensive hobby... not to mention time consuming. It's probably worth a few concessions here and there to maintain that one.

Thanks! That is kind of how I see it. She has gotten to the point that she hardly even brings up my toys anymore.
Had some very nice Bass Ale tonight, my favorite beer out here. :p

Demonpenz
05-05-2005, 12:30 AM
i think it is more like you do stupid stuff for pussy ALL the time

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Oh, it's definitely stupid. But, you do stupid things for pussy sometimes... well, other people do.

I'm sure she feels dumping a few thousand dollars and hours into a 67 Plymouth is stupid, too. If she's willing to tolerate that, you can spare a few extra bucks a month for her stupid affection for AOL.

I don't really have any money traps like that. Used to, but not anymore. I'm a tightwad.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks! That is kind of how I see it. She has gotten to the point that she hardly even brings up my toys anymore.
Had some very nice Bass Ale tonight, my favorite beer out here. :p
Bass is a decent beer. It's becoming my standby. I've taken to picking up some beer once a week when I go grocery shopping, and the grocery store I shop at doesn't have a huge selection. Bass is a nice beer, and they always have it.

HemiEd
05-05-2005, 12:36 AM
If you're going broadband, the popular services are Verizon DSL, SBC Yahoo DSL, Comcast Cable, Roadrunner cable.

As far as browser is concerned, firefox. You should be using firefox regardless of who your ISP is.

We already have the comcast high speed at home, that is what the AOL is running on. I know, it is a duplicate, because it comes with MSN or something included. I had not heard of firefox. :hmmm:

Count Zarth
05-05-2005, 12:38 AM
We already have the comcast high speed at home, that is what the AOL is running on. I know, it is a duplicate, because it comes with MSN or something included. I had not heard of firefox. :hmmm:

Best of luck.

HemiEd
05-05-2005, 12:55 AM

Very good take on the situation. :thumb:

Best of luck.

Thanks, I have filed your advice and some day soon may be able to use it, I appreciate it.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 04:54 PM
In N Out Burger opens in Texas.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQowy9DdY8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQowy9DdY8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

L.A. Chieffan
05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
holy fuck, i can walk across the street and get a double double in a bout 5 minutes

chefsos
05-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Holy crap, did you search for In-N-Out Burger to find this, or just remember a six year old thread?

Heh, I was but a twinkle in CP's eye when this thread was started...

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Glorified Sonic? - Ok a notch above Sonic. But nothing more, let's don't sensationalize this. 'The Varsity' is just as bad, here in the dirty. People all over the SE know the Varsity.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Glorified Sonic? - Ok a notch above Sonic. But nothing more, let's don't sensationalize this. 'The Varsity' is just as bad, here in the dirty. People all over the SE know the Varsity.

It's way better than Sonic. It's supposed to be on par with Smashburger. Perhaps better, with better fries. And cheaper.

At In-N-Out Burger, freshness is everything. That’s why in a world where food is often chemically processed, prepackaged and frozen, In-N-Out makes everything the old fashioned way.

Our hamburgers are made from fresh, 100% pure beef. They are free of additives, fillers and preservatives of any kind, and we buy only chucks, the front ribs and shoulder. No other parts are ever used. Our butchers carefully hand-cut and grind the beef in our own facility at which point the patties are shipped directly to our stores in refrigerated trucks by our own drivers. This way we have total control over the production of every burger.

Our commitment to freshness doesn’t stop there. Our lettuce is hand-leafed. Our American cheese is the real thing. And we use the plumpest, juiciest tomatoes we can find. All of our ingredients are delivered fresh to our stores. In fact, we don’t even own a microwave, heat lamp, or freezer. We even bake our buns using old-fashioned, slow-rising sponge dough. And we make every burger one at a time, cooked fresh to order.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 05:49 PM

IN N Out and Sonic are NOT comparable.

For Example: Sonic Sucks. IN-N-OUT doesn't.

See what I mean?

IN-N-Out is the only burger joint i've been to that ALWAYS has a line. Doesn't matter which one you go to, or what time of the day it is, SoCal loves their IN-N-Out.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
It's way better than Sonic. It's supposed to be on par with Smashburger. Perhaps better, with better fries. And cheaper.

Honestly, the Burgers are great. I've never had Smashburger so I can't compare. There fries aren't for everyone though.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 05:51 PM

the fries WERE good - no doubt. I'd still take a Hiboy original over an in-n-out, and then just plum 'deal w/' the fry situation.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 05:51 PM

Let's be honest sonic is likely better. All an in-n-out indicates if it's popular is the number of people who grew up in CA. Frankly In-n-out is average to below average at best, the problem is people who grew out here think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Honestly it's because they've never had anything else better. There's a reason why it's mostly a CA chain, because it would get anally raped by a 400lb gorilla pretty much anywhere else.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Sonic does not prepare everything with fresh ingredients, sorry. They have dozens of menu items.

In N Out has like 5 things on the menu, and they specialize in that and that alone. That's why they are so good.

Bewbies
05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
How does In n Out compare to Fatburger or Five Guys?

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Sonic does not prepare everything with fresh ingredients, sorry. They have dozens of menu items.

In N Out has like 5 things on the menu, and they specialize in that and that alone. That's why they are so good.

that's funny. But seriously - if you want a good burger go to Houstons - you should know by now to listen to me only in about four catogories, food is one of them - Houstons Restaurant offers the best Cheeseburger ever, everyone should try one, once. Their hickory burger is their specialty. I get the regular Cheddar Burger, their slaw is awesome, as well. It's a chain, so they're out there - Houston/Dallas/KC/Stl locations, etc..... I've eaten an in-n-out in Hollywood & honestly it tasted like unseasoned beef to me, additionally their special-sauce isn't anything to brag about.

It's hard to **** up five menu-items - but congrats In-N-Out, you have managed to.

L.A. Chieffan
05-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Let's be honest sonic is likely better. All an in-n-out indicates if it's popular is the number of people who grew up in CA. Frankly In-n-out is average to below average at best, the problem is people who grew out here think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Honestly it's because they've never had anything else better. There's a reason why it's mostly a CA chain, because it would get anally raped by a 400lb gorilla pretty much anywhere else.

lol

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:03 PM

See what I mean?

IN-N-Out is the only burger joint i've been to that ALWAYS has a line. Doesn't matter which one you go to, or what time of the day it is, SoCal loves their IN-N-Out.

it's all nostalgia, not quality - see what i mean?

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
How does In n Out compare to Fatburger or Five Guys?

In-n-Out reminded me of the hamburgers Blue Springs Bowl bowling served in 1983, not terrible - but far from great. And in all fairness - I only went there once. so, could have been an off day-to their defense. It was the same day I saw a van full of Asian tourist roll down Hollywood hill.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
that's funny. But seriously - if you want a good burger go to Houstons - you should know by now to listen to me only in about four catogories, food is one of them - Houstons Restaurant offers the best Cheeseburger ever, everyone should try one, once.

Yeah, nothing like paying FOURTEEN DOLLARS for a cheeseburger. NO SIDES, NO DRINK.

Ridiculous.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:09 PM
lol

is that Larry David's seat, L.A. Chieffan?

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah, nothing like paying FOURTEEN DOLLARS for a cheeseburger. NO SIDES, NO DRINK.

Ridiculous.

drink lemon-water, fatty.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Look how bauce that is. Look at the quality of the vegetables...excellent bun...burgers are a good thickness. Thick fries. All for less than $8. You cannot beat that.

http://static.flickr.com/49/161523486_47c5305496.jpg

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:12 PM
schnapps?

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:13 PM
drink lemon-water, fatty.

LMAO

If I'm pounding a double cheeseburger and fries I'm washing that shit down with a milkshake. I want the total disgusting culinary experience.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:13 PM
schnapps?

THIS IS THE TALE
OF CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Look how bauce that is. Look at the quality of the vegetables...excellent bun...burgers are a good thickness. Thick fries. All for less than $8. You cannot beat that.

Dude get Animal Style on your burger and your fries, pussy.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:14 PM

See what I mean?

Dude when I've been to In-n-Out, the majority of time there is a line it's ONLY in the drive through, there will be 15 people waiting in line at the drive through with no one in line inside. It's crazy and silly, that's an F'd up california thing. I was absolutely dumbfounded when I went through the drive through the first time and they asked...oh would you like to eat in your car...uhhh....no...that would be unsafe....again a CA thing and you wonder why people have accidents I just wonder why In-N-Out hasn't gotten sued yet, I definitely would if someone hit me while eating and driving out of their special box.

Hell I haven't been to In-N-Out in probably over a year because it's merely average and they are easy to find. Hell if it's been a while I can't say I'd ever go out of my way to find another In-N-Out. FatBurger sure, Steak and Shake sure, In-N-Out....meh....they only do two things I like, the toasted bun and the fries, but those do not a special burger place make.

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Those ones on the bottom left are Animal Style.

http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/021508-26.jpg

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:15 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2qc3st4.jpg

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:17 PM

OMFG!

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:17 PM

Dude who eats vegetables? I eat food, I don't eat what food eats. A burger place should not be rated up by it's choice of veggies. LMAO

Burger Joints are all about, meat, cheese, bun, fries, and ideally bacon(and occasionally sauce). Nothing else matters.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:18 PM

That's excessive.

I'm a french fry purist. I want the fry, and the ketchup, and nothing else.

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Enjoy your high-fructose corn syrup.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Dude who eats vegetables? I eat food, I don't eat what food eats. A burger place should not be rated up by it's choice of veggies. LMAO

Burger Joints are all about, meat, cheese, bun, fries, and ideally bacon(and occasionally sauce). Nothing else matters.

A good burger is enhanced by quality slices of tomato, onion and crisp lettuce.

Makes a huge difference. Beautiful and diverse flavor combinations.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Dude get Animal Style on your burger and your fries, pussy.

Dude lack of animal fries doesn't mean pussy, smaller than 4X4 = pussy. :harumph:

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Dude lack of animal fries doesn't mean pussy, smaller than 4X4 = pussy. :harumph:

LOL I've never had more than a Double-Double.

L.A. Chieffan
Dude when I've been to In-n-Out, the majority of time there is a line it's ONLY in the drive through, there will be 15 people waiting in line at the drive through with no one in line inside. It's crazy and silly, that's an F'd up california thing. I was absolutely dumbfounded when I went through the drive through the first time and they asked...oh would you like to eat in your car...uhhh....no...that would be unsafe....again a CA thing and you wonder why people have accidents I just wonder why In-N-Out hasn't gotten sued yet, I definitely would if someone hit me while eating and driving out of their special box.

Hell I haven't been to In-N-Out in probably over a year because it's merely average and they are easy to find. Hell if it's been a while I can't say I'd ever go out of my way to find another In-N-Out. FatBurger sure, Steak and Shake sure, In-N-Out....meh....they only do two things I like, the toasted bun and the fries, but those do not a special burger place make.

youre not supposed to eat it while you drive youre suppsed to eat it while youre "parking" with a girl.

L.A. Chieffan
toasted buns are underrated

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:22 PM
That's excessive.

I'm a french fry purist. I want the fry, and the ketchup, and nothing else.

That's exceptional. Just exceptional, GoChiefs, Good call. me to - on some/most things. Except ketchup on scrambled-eggs - that's my oddity.

Olive oil for bread etc etc........... Nice maturity there though, actually.

I can tell your parents were classy.

most people kill their dishes w/ cheese over use.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 06:23 PM

You're trippin' balls dude.

We have Sonics down here too, and they don't compare. And We're comparing fast food burgers. As far as fast food goes, their burgers are the bee's knees.

As far as them being a Cali thing...I guess that wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with them being founded out here, would it?

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Sonic fucking sucks.

LOL I can't believe this is even a debate. Jack in the Box > Sonic

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:24 PM
toasted buns are underrated

i agree

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM

I don't know what it's like where you're from, but out here it's packed in AND out. Waiting in the car a Cali thing?

Say Wha....?????

That post is ignant.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Sonic ****ing sucks.

LOL I can't believe this is even a debate. Jack in the Box > Sonic

This.

Anyone who thinks Sonic is better than IN N Out is smoking some good dank.

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:26 PM
The only thing that Sonic has on any other place is that Cherry Limeade.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:28 PM
youre not supposed to eat it while you drive youre suppsed to eat it while youre "parking" with a girl.

LMAO ok that would make sense, but when it's clearly just one person eating WTH are they doing asking if I want to eat in my car, do they think I'm going parking with rosie?

Count Zarth
In N Out is so good they do catering. When did you ever hear of a fast food place doing that shit?

Detoxing

I'd rather eat Rallys than Sonic. At least Rallys has some bomb ass Chilli-Cheese-Ranch Fries.

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd rather eat Rallys than Sonic. At least Rallys has some bomb ass Chilli-Cheese-Ranch Fries.

I've never had Rally's actually. I know there is that one down in El Cajon but I don't know of any others.

Have you tried Smashburger? There is one up in Hazard Center in Mission Valley but I never go in.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:30 PM
This.

Anyone who thinks Sonic is better than IN N Out is smoking some good dank.

well dude - maybe i just had an off day - even the best of places have an off day from time to time. But my burger seriously didn't even taste seasoned. I'd like another crack at it, can you financially help me get out there? I gots dat dro' ****a!

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Smashburger has haazgen dazs milkshakes.

http://blog.usaseopros.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/homer-simpson-drooling.jpg

And they have different things on the menu including unyawn rangs. Kind of like a more diverse in n out. But their fries blow and they're a little expensive.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Honestly that's all I've had at sonic in probably the past 10 years other than their tator tots. But given they aren't McD's and BK, I'd bet they are average which is the same class as In-N-Out. Here's the real test of any restaurant, if you haven't had it in a while would you go out of your way to find it?

One other place I hunt for fresh if I can find it, whities/krystals. Those definitely don't use 'fresh' ingredients or even really veggies(well they have onions), but I go out of my way to find them if I know they are in the area. But it's been 2 years since I've had whities.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:32 PM
fuck this - I'm going to super target and filenes basement

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:34 PM
around 1993ish someone actually died from a burger at jack-in-the-box here in Atlanta - google it.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't know what it's like where you're from, but out here it's packed in AND out. Waiting in the car a Cali thing?

Say Wha....?????

That post is ignant.

Waiting in your car with the engine running when the parking lot is pretty empty and there is no wait inside is a cali-thing. Can't tell you the number of times I've parked run in and gotten my order to go well before anyone waiting in the drive through. At least up in the Bay, the couple places I would stop by, unless it was noon during the week, it was almost always faster to park and go inside than wait in your car. LA may be worse but in the SF bay the ones I've been too are rarely that packed inside.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:36 PM
40-HWY Blue Springs, Sonic in 1983 tasted good. And that Marion bitch at the 7-11 hooked us up w/ free sodas. So whatever!

L.A. Chieffan
05-11-2011, 06:38 PM
if marcus halberstram ate fast food he'd pick in n out

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:38 PM
In N Out is so good they do catering. When did you ever hear of a fast food place doing that shit?

KFC(and popeyes and taco bell, and chic-fil-a) caters all the time, not sure that's a huge high mark there. Those are just one's I've seen the catering menu, it's way more common now and makes sense as a revenue stream.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:40 PM

you mean besides KFC, Chickfila, Moe's, Subway, Popeyes, Church's and Chipotle?

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Damn.

Foodmaker Inc.'s Jack in the Box fast-food chain has been stung by links to a deadly outbreak of food poisoning in Washington that killed one of 11 hospitalized children and left eight of them receiving kidney dialysis treatment.

Three of the children remained in intensive care, including a 9-year-old girl in critical condition, following the death of a 2-year-old boy from heart failure brought on by a kidney disorder caused by an E. coli bacterial infection.

About 150 persons in Washington have been stricken with bloody diarrhea and severe stomach cramps, including at least 66 patients confirmed to have contracted E. coli 0157:H7 infections as the probable result of eating undercooked hamburgers from Jack in the Box restaurants that received meat contaminated at the slaughter-house, according to state health officials.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
you mean besides KFC, Chickfila, Moe's, Subway, Popeyes, Church's and Chipotle?

Ahem.

Don't forget Quiznos.

Donger
05-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Damn.

You weren't aware of that?

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Damn.

Don't worry Crack-in-the-box is still good when you're drunk, the alcohol in your blood disinfects the meat.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
KFC(and popeyes and taco bell, and chic-fil-a) caters all the time, not sure that's a huge high mark there. Those are just one's I've seen the catering menu, it's way more common now and makes sense as a revenue stream.

McDonalds sure as shit ain't catering, nor is SOnic.

Donger
05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
What was the name of the burger place near Metcalf South? On 95th just east of Metcalf. Backyard Burger?

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
If I want a burger - I don't want a burger with a glob of goo that looks like Ron Jeremy drained his balls on. I don't want that on my shit. I'm a purist.... That was too much drowning out going on, the patty must speak. The patty is as important as the bun, let's not forget.. We often remember the reversed..... Don't forget that, you guys.

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:47 PM
The truth is that any man should be able to make a better homemade burger with ease, so all this hoopla is sort of pointless.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:47 PM
What was the name of the burger place near Metcalf South? On 95th just east of Metcalf. Backyard Burger?

Chilis?

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:48 PM
If I want a burger - I don't want a burger with a glob of goo that looks like Ron Jeremy drained his balls on. I don't want that on my shit. I'm a purist.... That was too much drowning out going on, the patty must speak. The patty is as important as the bun, let's not forget.. We often remember the reversed..... Don't forget that, you guys.

You don't have to get that shit on it. I'm sure you can get it any way you want.

My ONLY complaint is that they use American cheese. Not my favorite.

Donger
05-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Chilis?

No.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Damn.

ha - ok, so not here, well that's what ran them out of town, i think. I thought it was here, guess snot.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 06:49 PM
The truth is that any man should be able to make a better homemade burger with ease, so all this hoopla is sort of pointless.

This thread is about fast food. Don't come in here with your "Real Burger" bs.

Stay on topic A.D.D boy.

Donger
05-11-2011, 06:51 PM
http://backyardburgers.com/locations/

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I like Five Guys more than In N Out and a lot of people think I'm crazy. I think the burgers are better and I think the fries are way better.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
McDonalds sure as shit ain't catering, nor is SOnic.

You so sure about that? LMAO

http://www.cnngo.com/hong-kong/life/mcdonalds-hong-kong-offers-weddings-494226

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM
http://backyardburgers.com/locations/

they're okay, basically a glorified BK - they didn't make it here, in town.

The people are friendly and they seem to push that w/ their employees. Additionally they use red onion, as well as leaf-lettuce which gets me pretty hot.

CrazyPhuD
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I like Five Guys more than In N Out and a lot of people think I'm crazy. I think the burgers are better and I think the fries are way better.

See I don't know why people in LA wouldn't take Fatburger over In-N-Out every day...fucking bacon and eggs on your burger...how the hell can In-N-Out even compete?

Buck
05-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Oooh that reminds me fucking Red Robin makes the best burgers, better than all the fast food places.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:56 PM

phenomenal - yes.

Just order down there, their big is really ficking big. I originally typed 'ficking' in error and then I left it, after reading it and lol'ing.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Five Guys looks like smashed assholes to me. I don't see how it could be better. Crummy looking bun.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/five-guys-burger.jpg

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Oooh that reminds me ****ing Red Robin makes the best burgers, better than all the fast food places.

RR = In-n-Out - seems like a good even match up.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Oooh that reminds me ****ing Red Robin makes the best burgers, better than all the fast food places.

This. This one Right here.

I am quoting it because it is true.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 07:04 PM
RR = In-n-Out - seems like a good even match up.

WHAAA?

C'mon, no way dude. An IN-N-Out burger would be like serving dog food compared to RR

Donger
05-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I went to Red Robin once. I told the waiter that I wanted my burger well done. Not a hint of pink in the middle. They brought it out and the fucker was raw in the middle. I told them to take it back and try again. It came back out in two minutes, still pink.

No, I think not.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:06 PM
WHAAA?

C'mon, no way dude. An IN-N-Out burger would be like serving dog food compared to RR

basically the same story as the in-n-out - i've had it once - it's when my ex wife brought it home after driving thirty minutes - it's out in Snellville Ga. -- I will try again and re-report it to you. It needs a fair run.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:08 PM
you know who used to quietly have good burgers? Perkins, their mushroom/swiss

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Red Robin burgers are good but I'm still gonna end up paying $15 for a burger, fries and shake. No dice.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Red Robin burgers are good but I'm still gonna end up paying $15 for a burger, fries and shake. No dice.

I don't even know a Jew that'd bother saying that

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I went to Red Robin once. I told the waiter that I wanted my burger well done. Not a hint of pink in the middle. They brought it out and the ****er was raw in the middle. I told them to take it back and try again. It came back out in two minutes, still pink.

No, I think not.

I'll admit Red Robin can be hit and miss for sure.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 07:11 PM
basically the same story as the in-n-out - i've had it once - it's when my ex wife brought it home after driving thirty minutes - it's out in Snellville Ga. -- I will try again and re-report it to you. It needs a fair run.

You mighta just got a bad burger. I've gone to RR and it's been great. I've also gone and the burger was dry.

Guess it just depends on the location.

Donger
05-11-2011, 07:12 PM

Jesus Christ.

Detoxing
Jesus Christ.

Jamaal Charles.

Simply Red
I went to Red Robin once. I told the waiter that I wanted my burger well done. Not a hint of pink in the middle. They brought it out and the ****er was raw in the middle. I told them to take it back and try again. It came back out in two minutes, still pink.

No, I think not.

this is why you should order your fast food from BigNastyKCNut at the taco-bell - He'll never fuck your shit up!

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 07:13 PM
this is why you should order your fast food from BigNastyKCNut at the taco-bell - He'll never **** your shit up!

I wouldn't wanna order anything from anyone named Big Nasty Nut. Know what? I'm not even hungry anymore. Thanks.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:14 PM
You mighta just got a bad burger. I've gone to RR and it's been great. I've also gone and the burger was dry.

Guess it just depends on the location.

I still liked it - it just needs a run when it's at it's freshest.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't wanna order anything from anyone named Big Nasty Nut. Know what? I'm not even hungry anymore. Thanks.

I :LOL:'d

NewChief
05-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I have a new favorite. Sadly, it's almost 2 hours away. Fortunately, it's one the route between my mom's house and mine:

http://www.arktimes.com/EatArkansas/archives/2011/04/21/burger-joint-of-the-week-cjs-butcher-boy-burgers

I'd heard about this place for a year or more, and I finally ate there last week. It lived up to the hype.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Hey maybe I could order an $18 salad at Houston's instead.

http://i55.tinypic.com/10e3twx.jpg

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:21 PM
and let me get this straight, i'm not some burger snob that MUST only eat burgers from Houston's. I'll still eat a Big-Mac about two times per yr.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Brian is watching this thread and bursting at the seams to bust his lurker nut in this thread. The planet needs you sir - please come back.

Detoxing
05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Brian is watching this thread and bursting at the seams to bust his lurker nut in this thread. The planet needs you sir - please come back.

Uh oh. Someone's been caught.

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Uh oh. Someone's been caught.

These burger discussions will do that - they'll really come out, you'll notice...

Simply Red
05-11-2011, 07:34 PM
HOLY CHRIST! BRIAN IS Detoxing!

Bewbies
05-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Five Guys looks like smashed assholes to me. I don't see how it could be better. Crummy looking bun.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/five-guys-burger.jpg

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_0qsi1z4Fi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2011, 10:00 PM
The in and out in Dallas is opening up later this month just down the street from me off of 75. Hopefully it doesn't fuck up traffic for me driving to work. The opening was all over the news today. People are way too happy about eating at a fast food joint. This lady on the news was actually crying as she ate her meal.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 10:01 PM
This lady on the news was actually crying as she ate her meal.

MUST SEE THIS VIDEO

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2011, 10:03 PM
MUST SEE THIS VIDEO

Look for it on the Dallas Observer website. They put a shitload of stories on it on their blogs today.

Count Zarth
05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
lol

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HgTVuwFRjXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I was stoked the first time being back in KC after being gone for so long but I didn't cry the first time I sat down to a plate of burnt ends. Although I almost felt like crying the first time I tried to eat Texas BBQ.

Dallas Chief
05-11-2011, 10:47 PM
I was stoked the first time being back in KC after being gone for so long but I didn't cry the first time I sat down to a plate of burnt ends. Although I almost felt like crying the first time I tried to eat Texas BBQ.

QFT! The only place I have found that is edible is a joint in Southlake called The Feed Store. Of course, Bone Daddy's is ok at best, but that is mostly due to the eh ummm atmosphere. Otherwise, Texas BBQ is the worst...

Dallas Chief
05-11-2011, 10:50 PM
if marcus halberstram ate fast food he'd pick in n out

It's been nice knowing you...

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2011, 11:00 PM
QFT! The only place I have found that is edible is a joint in Southlake called The Feed Store. Of course, Bone Daddy's is ok at best, but that is mostly due to the eh ummm atmosphere. Otherwise, Texas BBQ is the worst...

I ate at Lockhart smokehouse in Oak Cliff and I got funny looks when I brought in my Gates sauce to put on the ribs and brisket.

CrazyPhuD
05-12-2011, 12:02 AM
lol

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HgTVuwFRjXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It takes me back to when I lived in California...it's nostalgia
And like I said....it's a location marker for a high percentage of CA transplants....see the kind of mental people who have fetishes with this place?

Count Zarth
05-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah it has nothing to do with all the fresh quality ingredients they use and the fact they specialize in three things...unlike shit burger places like McDonalds, Wendys and Burger King.

listopencil
05-12-2011, 01:01 AM

So wrong here I had to chime in:

1) No. Sonic is not better. I've had both.

2) It's mainly a Cali thing because they won't expand beyond their supply line. It's logistics. Fast food was invented in Southern California. It is the market for fast food. Franchises are chewed up and spit out there. Have been for decades. If they ever did expand their logistics system enough to cover a major section of the US (I doubt it but it's possible) they would be killing the big fast food companies. Now more than ever before.

3) Go read the book Fast Food Nation if you are really interested in this stuff. I should warn you that you probably won't want to eat at a fast food joint for a while afterwards. Except places like In-And-Out.

listopencil
05-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah it has nothing to do with all the fresh quality ingredients they use and the fact they specialize in three things...unlike shit burger places like McDonalds, Wendys and Burger King.

Yeah, that is pretty much it. They use fresh product in their food. It tastes better.

CrazyPhuD
05-12-2011, 02:00 AM
So wrong here I had to chime in:

1) No. Sonic is not better. I've had both.

2) It's mainly a Cali thing because they won't expand beyond their supply line. It's logistics. Fast food was invented in Southern California. It is the market for fast food. Franchises are chewed up and spit out there. Have been for decades. If they ever did expand their logistics system enough to cover a major section of the US (I doubt it but it's possible) they would be killing the big fast food companies. Now more than ever before.

3) Go read the book Fast Food Nation if you are really interested in this stuff. I should warn you that you probably won't want to eat at a fast food joint for a while afterwards. Except places like In-And-Out.

Look the fact that you're an idiot is beyond any doubt, for crying out loud you're a broncos fan:p. Some people are born bronco's fans other people become them, it may not be your fault.

First point it's an opinion it can be neither right nor wrong, it's an opinion live with it. Secondly think of what you just said....'Fast food was invented in Southern California'...really? Don't tell me you honestly believe that do you? You don't think that for the entirety of humankind pre the existence of socal that someone somewhere didn't say, 'hey you know what, we should cook our food faster, maybe premake things or standardize them so we can serve people quicker?'

No offense but that just doesn't hold water and it really takes all of about 5 seconds of looking to shoot holes in that.

Hell while normally I don't ever use wiki as a reference because of the nature that anyone can modifying it questioning it's credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_food

But yea fast food has been around since before there was a USA much less an LA. Even if you restrict yourself to the USA you have to discount the first burger chain(white castle) or the first drive-in's Kirby's pig stand in Dallas TX. But hell even in the US I'm fairly confident that the city of NYC would claim the title of first fast food restaurant in the US like sometime in the 1700-1800s.

Look the issue of logistics can be an important one. But consider the recent expansion into texas. Logistically speaking they are very far from the traditional CA home, with some penetration into NV, UT and more in AZ. I find it hard to believe that logistics is the primary motivator to In-N-out not moving outside of their core areas. Many companies have managed nationwide logistics streams, if In-N-Out wanted to they most definitely could, even while keeping their core standards. I tend to believe the issue is competition. In many places there are entrenched burger franchises that have their own local loyalty, just showing up as In-N-Out will buy you little.

It is no secret that there has been a fairly significant outflow of non-illegal immigrants from CA due to taxes, land prices and weather, one of the very popular stops has been TX. Consider this simple diagrams from the economist.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2010/06/migration

Post recession there are many more Ex California people now in TX than their were before, mostly concentrated in the Dallas and Austin areas. It's interesting that it appears that all of the restaurants in TX appeared to have opened in the last year(or are opening this year) and they are clustered around that core migration area. While it can have some logistics benefit, it also is the area where they have the highest core brand awareness and 'built-in' customers from CA who want there nostalgia from home.

The burger market is super saturated everywhere, what they choose was an area of the country where the largest concentration of their former customers have moved. This isn't rocket science, this is elemental branding and the ability to compete. They didn't enter other areas because they simply would not have been able to compete without the customers that have moved there. Competition is way too hot. The restaurants are all new, it is expected they will do well with some degree of pent up demand. The question is can they sustain it. Only time will tell.

As for the book 'Fast Food Nation', I really hope you don't take that as gospel. One important credibility point for anything is to ask the question, what are they trying to prove. The author clearly has an agenda and a desire to prove a specific point. That is going to color everything he presents to you and affect what material he chooses to include and what he doesn't. It is interesting, but by no means reliable or authoritative. I bet there will be interesting information in it, but you have to understand, some of that information will be accurate, some of that information will be so slanted as to make it wildly inaccurate. The problem is it will be very difficult to tell which is which is not reliable without a lot of research.

I have not read the book but I have seen the documentary. As with every position book/documentary, unless it is done by someone or something with a very high degree of academic integrity, assume that while interesting there will be substantial points that will be flawed and misleading. One of the biggest problems with our society is that people are not moved when presented with unbiased and reliable information. Only when the reactionary and inflammatory information is presented will they move. Sadly for us, too often what is most inflammatory is also the most misrepresented.

kysirsoze
05-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Look the fact that you're an idiot is beyond any doubt, for crying out loud you're a broncos fan:p. Some people are born bronco's fans other people become them, it may not be your fault.

First point it's an opinion it can be neither right nor wrong, it's an opinion live with it. Secondly think of what you just said....'Fast food was invented in Southern California'...really? Don't tell me you honestly believe that do you? You don't think that for the entirety of humankind pre the existence of socal that someone somewhere didn't say, 'hey you know what, we should cook our food faster, maybe premake things or standardize them so we can serve people quicker?'

No offense but that just doesn't hold water and it really takes all of about 5 seconds of looking to shoot holes in that.

Hell while normally I don't ever use wiki as a reference because of the nature that anyone can modifying it questioning it's credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_food

But yea fast food has been around since before there was a USA much less an LA. Even if you restrict yourself to the USA you have to discount the first burger chain(white castle) or the first drive-in's Kirby's pig stand in Dallas TX. But hell even in the US I'm fairly confident that the city of NYC would claim the title of first fast food restaurant in the US like sometime in the 1700-1800s.

Look the issue of logistics can be an important one. But consider the recent expansion into texas. Logistically speaking they are very far from the traditional CA home, with some penetration into NV, UT and more in AZ. I find it hard to believe that logistics is the primary motivator to In-N-out not moving outside of their core areas. Many companies have managed nationwide logistics streams, if In-N-Out wanted to they most definitely could, even while keeping their core standards. I tend to believe the issue is competition. In many places there are entrenched burger franchises that have their own local loyalty, just showing up as In-N-Out will buy you little.

It is no secret that there has been a fairly significant outflow of non-illegal immigrants from CA due to taxes, land prices and weather, one of the very popular stops has been TX. Consider this simple diagrams from the economist.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2010/06/migration

Post recession there are many more Ex California people now in TX than their were before, mostly concentrated in the Dallas and Austin areas. It's interesting that it appears that all of the restaurants in TX appeared to have opened in the last year(or are opening this year) and they are clustered around that core migration area. While it can have some logistics benefit, it also is the area where they have the highest core brand awareness and 'built-in' customers from CA who want there nostalgia from home.

The burger market is super saturated everywhere, what they choose was an area of the country where the largest concentration of their former customers have moved. This isn't rocket science, this is elemental branding and the ability to compete. They didn't enter other areas because they simply would not have been able to compete without the customers that have moved there. Competition is way too hot. The restaurants are all new, it is expected they will do well with some degree of pent up demand. The question is can they sustain it. Only time will tell.

As for the book 'Fast Food Nation', I really hope you don't take that as gospel. One important credibility point for anything is to ask the question, what are they trying to prove. The author clearly has an agenda and a desire to prove a specific point. That is going to color everything he presents to you and affect what material he chooses to include and what he doesn't. It is interesting, but by no means reliable or authoritative. I bet there will be interesting information in it, but you have to understand, some of that information will be accurate, some of that information will be so slanted as to make it wildly inaccurate. The problem is it will be very difficult to tell which is which is not reliable without a lot of research.

I have not read the book but I have seen the documentary. As with every position book/documentary, unless it is done by someone or something with a very high degree of academic integrity, assume that while interesting there will be substantial points that will be flawed and misleading. One of the biggest problems with our society is that people are not moved when presented with unbiased and reliable information. Only when the reactionary and inflammatory information is presented will they move. Sadly for us, too often what is most inflammatory is also the most misrepresented.

Blah Blah Blah...

Point is, In-N-Out has MUCH fresher and more natural ingredients than practically any other fast food chain. That's why it's great and that's why it's so popular.

The problem with deciding what burger is the best is that burgers are fucking easy to make and popular enough to support a million different burger joints. Personally, my favorite burger is the one I make my myself.

blaise
05-12-2011, 04:59 AM

Me neither. There's a Randy White's near me but I've never been. Looks to pricey to me. Houston had better BBQ places than Dallas.

blaise
05-12-2011, 05:00 AM
They opened an In N Out on Preston Rd in Frisco, too. Near the mall.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Me neither. There's a Randy White's near me but I've never been. Looks to pricey to me. Houston had better BBQ places than Dallas.

Randy White's is not pricey at all. It's on par with Dickey's. Nothing to get excited about but edible.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-12-2011, 06:34 AM

There's a decent BBQ joint in Coppell called Hard 8s.

blaise
05-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Randy White's is not pricey at all. It's on par with Dickey's. Nothing to get excited about but edible.

Maybe I'll try it. I had catering from the Rudys on the Dallas North Tollway, near the soccer stadium, once. It was pretty good, but I don't know about the actual location.