View Full Version : So after watching the rookie camp video

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 07:43 PM
I wonder if we could see our linebackers shake out this way:

LOLB Johnson, Fujita
MLB Grigsby, Mitchell/Maslowski
ROLB Bell, Fox/Caver/Mitchell

PUP: Barber

I like what I have seen so far, although starting two rookie linbackers leaves a little to be desired. However if Bell can lead them from the right side and the other veteran leadership on the D protecting them (Knight, Surtain, Hicks, Wesley, Dalton) it may work out :shrug:

Deberg_1990
05-04-2005, 07:46 PM
I like what I have seen so far, althought starting two rookie linbackers leaves a little to be desired.

This is why i want to see them add one more veteran linebacker. Kevin Hardy anyone?

nychief
05-04-2005, 07:47 PM
yeah Boomer ****ing Grigsby is starting at MLB on Sept. 11

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
This is why i want to see them add one more veteran linebacker. Kevin Hardy anyone?

Why? We have plenty of veteran LB's to play if need be

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
yeah Boomer ****ing Grigsby is starting at MLB on Sept. 11 ROFL

Deberg_1990
05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Why? We have plenty of veteran LB's to play if need be

Oh yea, Mitchell and Maslowski make me feel so much better....Last time I checked, neither one has made the Pro-Bowl? At least Hardy has.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Oh yea, Mitchell and Maslowski make me feel so much better....Last time I checked, neither one has made the Pro-Bowl? At least Hardy has.

and Fujita? is he just minced meat?

NJ Chief Fan
05-04-2005, 07:56 PM
lets get law in for a one year deal f another lb...keith traylor anybody?

Deberg_1990
05-04-2005, 07:57 PM

Ill admit hes ok to average, but nothing truly special. On occasion he makes a play. He has been a part of one of the NFL's worst defense's the past 3 year or 4 years.

nychief
05-04-2005, 08:07 PM
This is ****ing stupid.... we all have to stop drinking the koolaide on boomer, I know he is a good interview .... but please.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
This is ****ing stupid.... we all have to stop drinking the koolaide on boomer, I know he is a good interview .... but please.

uh did you see his "highlights"? not the interview? who else are we going to play at MLB? I'm fairly certain Bell is playing OLB and I dunno if Maslowski can come back and start...maybe a situational backup

milkman
05-04-2005, 08:11 PM
uh did you see his "highlights"? not the interview? who else are we going to play at MLB? I'm fairly certain Bell is playing OLB and I dunno if Maslowski can come back and start...maybe a situational backup

Mitchell is going to get first crack at winning or losing the job at MLB.

He has sucked, but if the lights come on and he starts to get it, he has the potential to be an outstanding LB.

Rain Man
05-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Holy cow. Is that Tony Richardson blocking for Marcus alongside Joe Valerio in NJ Chief Fan's sig photo?

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Mitchell is going to get first crack at winning or losing the job at MLB.

He has sucked, but if the lights come on and he starts to get it, he has the potential to be an outstanding LB.

duh....I completely forgot....I doubt he will....I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

nychief
05-04-2005, 08:14 PM
uh, are you asking if i watched the rookie non-contact welcome to NFL pillow fight they had at Arrowhead this weekend? uh, yeah. I came away with two thoughts.... 1) I don't see Alcorn State or Northwest Texas A&M University of College or any of the other DII schools that Boomer killed on our sked. 2) I know that regardless of what people think of Mitchell -he as at least made a NFL team beore.

I like boomer and think he'll make the team and that he might even start in a year or so.... but lets cool it. Do you think we are seriously a super bowl team with TWO rookie LBs on opening Sunday?

whoman69
05-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Holy cow. Is that Tony Richardson blocking for Marcus alongside Joe Valerio in NJ Chief Fan's sig photo?
I wouldn't think so, Marcus has been retired for quite some time now.

Sure-Oz
05-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I think we should sign another vet LB for sure before its over, atleast wait till the cuts if possible.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Do you think we are seriously a super bowl team with TWO rookie LBs on opening Sunday?

:shrug: was New England a SB team with a 7th round draft pick at the helm? Anything is possible and good players are good players regardless of what year they are in

nychief
05-04-2005, 08:21 PM
:shrug: was New England a SB team with a 7th round draft pick at the helm? Anything is possible and good players are good players regardless of what year they are in

Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were wrong. But now I realize that TOM BRADY and BOOMER GRIGSBY are cut from the same cloth.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were wrong. But now I realize that TOM BRADY and BOOMER GRIGSBY are cut from the same cloth.

I don't know and you don't know so stop being an ass....really....it is plausable that he could step in and start...just because he is a 5th rnd pick from a DivII school means squat

Hog Rider
05-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but is anyone aware that Boomer's Canton High School sports teams are the "Little Giants"? I hope it fits!

JP

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Wow that was pretty cool...I never knew you could add a poll after you started the thread..

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2005, 08:34 PM
GRIGSBY IS NOT FROM A DII SCHOOL!!!!

He's from NCAA Division 1-AA. That's just below Division 1A. The same division as Jared Allen, Randy Moss, Chad Pennington, etc.

Dane

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:36 PM

He's from NCAA Division 1-AA. That's just below Division 1A. The same division as Jared Allen, Randy Moss, Chad Pennington, etc.

Dane

Div IIA :D

Rain Man
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't think so, Marcus has been retired for quite some time now.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/rosters.nsf/Annual/1995-kc

Actually, I think it might be. Allen, Valerio, and Richardson played together on the 1995 team. Wow.

Logical
05-04-2005, 08:38 PM

More like diced ham.

Rain Man
05-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow that was pretty cool...I never knew you could add a poll after you started the thread..

Wh-wha-what? (Eyes widening.)

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Wh-wha-what? (Eyes widening.)

:LOL:

all the way down bottom left of the thread...I suppose you must have started it tho

eazyb81
05-04-2005, 08:41 PM
I cannot believe people are actually considering benching Mitchell in favor of a rookie who just got done playing for a D2 school.

What are you guys smoking?

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
More like diced ham.

ROFL 4321...glad to see you round these parts again

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I cannot believe people are actually considering benching Mitchell in favor of a rookie who just got done playing for a D2 school.

What are you guys smoking?

Where did Mitchell come from again?

Logical
05-04-2005, 08:44 PM

I am pretty sure that Brady was a 2nd year player that year not a rookie. If I remember right he had also spent the prior offseason in NFLE.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-04-2005, 08:45 PM
MLB is all but dead in KC

& this pic SUCKS ASS

http://www.patricksurtain.net/images/photos/photo02.jpg

eazyb81
05-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Where did Mitchell come from again?

South Florida, they are D1 and in Conference USA.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
I am pretty sure that Brady was a 2nd year player that year not a rookie.

So he rode the pine for a year....and?

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
I hope Boomer's career takes off just so I can see if this DII school nonsense lasts for years. I'd like to see it rank up there with Carl drafting Blackledge, and some of the other famous "truths" that are escaping me at the moment.

Rain Man
05-04-2005, 08:50 PM
:LOL:

all the way down bottom left of the thread...I suppose you must have started it tho

What? Where? I don't see anything. How'd you do it? Huh? How'd you do it? Tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me. Pleeeeeeeeease...

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:50 PM
South Florida, they are D1 and in Conference USA.

and how did he look last year? exactly...it doesn't mean shiat where you play

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:52 PM
What? Where? I don't see anything. How'd you do it? Huh? How'd you do it? Tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me. Pleeeeeeeeease...

Its down by these options

Show Printable Version

Email this Page

Subscribe to this Thread

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Son of a gun! DC's right... when you're viewing a thread you started, "Add a poll to this thread" appears in a list of links in the bottom left corner. Along with "Show printable version," "Email this page," and "Subscribe to this thread."

Can't believe I never noticed that before. And, to think, all the times someone's meant to have a poll and screwed up, and we just told them they were SOL. Some "Super" moderator I am.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Son of a gun! DC's right... when you're viewing a thread you started, "Add a poll to this thread" appears in a list of links in the bottom left corner. Along with "Show printable version," "Email this page," and "Subscribe to this thread."

Can't believe I never noticed that before. And, to think, all the times someone's meant to have a poll and screwed up, and we just told them they were SOL. Some "Super" moderator I am. ROFL

eazyb81
05-04-2005, 08:56 PM
and how did he look last year? exactly...it doesn't mean shiat where you play

I think he looked great at the end of the year. Let's not forget that he has been forced to learn two completely different defensive schemes in his first two years in the league.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I think he looked great at the end of the year.

talk about :bong:...what team were you watchin?

Rain Man
05-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Its down by these options

Show Printable Version

Email this Page

Subscribe to this Thread

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod. This changes EVERYTHING.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod. This changes EVERYTHING. ROFL

nychief
05-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't know and you don't know so stop being an ass....really....it is plausable that he could step in and start...just because he is a 5th rnd pick from a DivII school means squat

I am not trying to be an ass.. this is just mind numbing. What? You watched the freakin' practice footage of the rookie camp and now this kid from, ahem, a Divion I-AA school is your odds on favorite to be the starting middle linebacker? Fred Jones has played more football in the NFL than Boomer. Infamous Rich Scanlon has played more football in the NFL than Boomer. I am all for dreaming, but this is sorta silly, no? It is Mitchell's job to lose from this side of the world.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I am not trying to be an ass.. this is just mind numbing. What? You watched the freakin' practice footage of the rookie camp and now this kid from, ahem, a Divion I-AA school is your odds on favorite to be the starting middle linebacker? Fred Jones has played more football in the NFL than Boomer. Infamous Rich Scanlon has played more football in the NFL than Boomer. I am all for dreaming, but this is sorta silly, no? It is Mitchell's job to lose from this side of the world.

I don't think how much football you have played at the NFL has any bearing on how good you will be...like I said if you can get your head in the playbook and the game then you are gold

eazyb81
05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
talk about :bong:...what team were you watchin?

30 tackles and 2 sacks the last 3 games.....what team were you watching?

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 09:16 PM
30 tackles

yeah after giving up 10 yds

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Our starting LB for the opening game will be some combination of:

Bell, Mitchell, Johnson, and Fujita.

Probably,
ROLB - Johnson
MLB - Mitchell
LOLB - Bell
(Fujita may hold off Johnson, but not for long...)

Boomer MAY eventually see some time, and he will likely backup Mitchell in the middle--UNLESS Gun moves Bell to MLB, and puts Fujita opposite Johnson--my own preference at this point.

I think
ROLB -Johnson
MLB - Bell
OLB - Fujita
w/Mitchell, Fox, Barber, Boomer, and Caver in reserve would be a formidable group.

Bank on it.

TRR
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
If Fujita is healthy. there is no way he gets beat out.

Everyone knows Bell will start.

DJ will find a spot in the starting lineup.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 09:18 PM

yeah I tend to agree Fujita will be in the starting line up but Vermiel just confuses me :deevee:

milkman
05-04-2005, 09:21 PM

I would disagree about Fujita.

If Mitchell does start to play to his potential, he will be better.
He has a long way to go, but Fujita has reached his maximum potential, IMO, and that is a solid, albeit, unspectacular, LB.

Mitchell has playmaker potential.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 09:22 PM

He has a long way to go, but Fujita has reached his maximum potential, IMO, and that is a solid, albeit, unspectacular, LB.

Well I would be interested to see how Fujita reacts with some real talent at MLB to play with and not have to be "the guy" every play

TRR
05-04-2005, 09:24 PM
When it's all said and done, I believe Bell will be playing MLB. Gun said he's never played MLB in a 3-4, but he has played ILB in a 3-4. Bell fills a bigger need for us at MLB than he does at OLB.

Our best 3 LB's are Fujita, Bell and DJ. Pick 3 spots for them, and let them play.

If Mitchell ends up starting at MLB, I will have lost all faith in the coaching staff. Although I won't have to worry about that too much because he'll probably get hurt in TC anyway.

If Grigsby starts one game this season, it means we've lost a lot of players due to injury.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
As an aside....isn't it GREAT to be havin' this discussion, instead of:

ROLB - Fox/Caver/Barber
MLB - Mitchell/Scanlon
LOLB - Fujita/Jones
:banghead:

PBJ PBJ PBJ

TRR
05-04-2005, 09:26 PM

Mitchell has playmaker potential? Are you kidding me? If you consider taking on a lead blocker and getting pounded into the dirt play after play a playmaker...Then I would agree. Kawika Mitchell just doesn't have the brains to play MLB. If Mitchell starts at MLB again this season, our run D will be nearly as poor as last season just because of him. He flat out doesn't translate to the NFL.

nychief
05-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Scott Fujita = Young Glen Cadrez

keg in kc
05-04-2005, 09:27 PM
If Mitchell ends up starting at MLB, I will have lost all faith in the coaching staff.I'm sure the coaching staff will pay the appropriate amount of attention to your faith in them while they're getting the starting lineup ready.

nychief
05-04-2005, 09:27 PM
TRR - get ready to lose all faith in the coaching staff... I think Gun believes in Mitchell.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Scott Fujita = Young Glen Cadrez

Cadrez was smaller and slower.... :shake:

TRR
05-04-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm sure the coaching staff will pay the appropriate amount of attention to your faith in them while they're getting the starting lineup ready.

I would hope so for both our sake.

TRR
05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Everybody rags on Scott Fujita. Fujita has never missed 1 game in his NFL career. Last season he had 90 tackles and 4.5 sacks. The season before, he had 111 tackles and 4.0 sacks.

I'm sorry, but Fujita isn't a problem on D.

nychief
Cadrez was smaller and slower.... :shake:

smaller, yes. But he had the speed when he played for the Jets.... :shake:

Mr. Kotter
TRR - get ready to lose all faith in the coaching staff... I think Gun believes in Mitchell.

Mitchell earned first crack at the job--he showed some flashes the last month of the season.....remember, he only has 16 or 17 starts under his belt, in two completely different schemes. Cut him a little slack.

nychief
05-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Mitchell earned first crack at the job--he showed some flashes the last month of the season.....remember, he only has 16 or 17 starts under his belt, in two completely different schemes. Cut him a little slack.
:clap: :clap:

Mr. Kotter
Bottom-line: the best four LBs on the team (size, speed, attitude) are...

Bell
Johnson
Fujita
Mitchell

One will be the top reserve....the rest will be fightin' to back those four up. Period.

stevieray
Ill admit hes ok to average, but nothing truly special. On occasion he makes a play. He has been a part of one of the NFL's worst defense's the past 3 year or 4 years.

You better check the stats, fujita makes more than the occasional play.

nychief
05-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Just curious...but did Anthony Simmons ever sign?

Bowser
05-04-2005, 09:34 PM
If Mitchell starts, it will mean that our coaching staff believes he is better than either Fujita or Johnson. That's when I will start to question them. They can say whatever they want about whomever they want right now, it's early May. But, how can you not line up opening day with Fujita and Johnson at the outside backer, and Bell inside (barring injury)? I just don't see how Mitchell breaks this starting lineup, unless he moves outside and takes Fujita's spot.

And if I hear the "Well, he's a rookie and can't start the first game of the season" line, I swear I'm going to crap in a bag, set it outside the Arrowhead offices, and burn it.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Fujita...the last month of the season:

December Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Tkl Ast Tot Sacks Int Yds Lg TD Pass Def FF Rec Yds TD

11/28 San Diego L 31-34 Yes 10.0 1 11 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
12/05 @Oakland W 34-27 Yes 2.0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
12/13 @Tennessee W 49-38 Yes 9.0 3 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
12/19 Denver W 45-17 Yes 3.0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
12/25 Oakland W 31-30 Yes 7.0 2 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

31 tackles.....that's a 100 tackle season; and 4.5 sacks. Not shabby.

keg in kc
05-04-2005, 09:38 PM
I like Fujita. But if it really does come down to a battle between SF and Johnson, Fujita will lose in the end. He's played well, but he isn't a first round pick, and he just doesn't have the same amount of talent.

'course this discussion is pretty moot until August. And the way our offseasons seem to go, the biggest trick may be finding three healthy linebackers to start.

In the end, I don't care who they play, as long as the jobs are earned. If a month of camps makes them think their best starting trio is Bell, Johnson and Mitchell, then great. If it's Bell, Fox and Fujita, then great. Names don't matter as much as performance and the guys who give us the best chance of winning are the ones who should be on the field. And we don't know, can't know, who that is right now.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Mitchell's last month:

12/05 @Oakland W 34-27 Yes 3.0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
12/13 @Tennessee W 49-38 Yes 2.0 3 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 39 1
12/19 Denver W 45-17 Yes 9.0 1 10 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
12/25 Oakland W 31-30 Yes 8.0 1 9 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
01/02 @San Diego L 17-24 Yes 6.0 4 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

28 tackles....much improved, again a 100 tackle season at that pace. Got his first sack too.

Flanked by Bell and Fujita, or Bell and Johnson....he'll be even more productive.

Logical
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Everybody rags on Scott Fujita. Fujita has never missed 1 game in his NFL career. Last season he had 90 tackles and 4.5 sacks. The season before, he had 111 tackles and 4.0 sacks.

I'm sorry, but Fujita isn't a problem on D.

You do realize that the number of tackles is not important without considering where those tackles occured at relative to the LOS.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 10:03 PM
You do realize that the number of tackles is not important without considering where those tackles occured at relative to the LOS.

Imagine if he'd have had a little help....instead of making tackles that our Safeties or the other OLB should have been making... :cuss:

TRR
05-04-2005, 11:19 PM

I'm scared to think where Mitchell's 70 some tackles occured.

Mitchell couldn't even beat out Monty Beisel in last seasons TC (or stay healthy enough to do so either).

Bell will be the full time starter at MLB. I'm willing to put some bets on it. I just don't see Scott Fujita riding the pine this season behind Kawika Mitchell.

philfree
05-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Between DJ and Fuji I don't think there's any contest. The thing with DJ is he'll allow Gun to go through his playbook like Al Saunders does his. DJ can play run, play pass and rush the passer. I think Gun will be able to disguise what we're gonna do on any given play because of DJs versatility.

PhilFree:arrow:

Phobia
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM

Can't believe I never noticed that before. And, to think, all the times someone's meant to have a poll and screwed up, and we just told them they were SOL. Some "Super" moderator I am.

I'm pretty sure donations just doubled.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm pretty sure donations just doubled. ROFL

yoswif
05-05-2005, 05:47 AM
If Gun wants Bell to be his ROLB, I'd rather see Bell concentrate on learning that position. Trying to learn 2 new positions before the end of training camp is a lot to ask.

I'd also question whether Grigsby will be a MLB in Gun's scheme. Like Bell, his play seems a lot like Anthony Davis'.

htismaqe
05-05-2005, 07:36 AM
If Mitchell starts, it will mean that our coaching staff believes he is better than either Fujita or Johnson. That's when I will start to question them. They can say whatever they want about whomever they want right now, it's early May. But, how can you not line up opening day with Fujita and Johnson at the outside backer, and Bell inside (barring injury)? I just don't see how Mitchell breaks this starting lineup, unless he moves outside and takes Fujita's spot.

And if I hear the "Well, he's a rookie and can't start the first game of the season" line, I swear I'm going to crap in a bag, set it outside the Arrowhead offices, and burn it.

A-****ING-MEN

htismaqe
05-05-2005, 07:36 AM
When it's all said and done, I believe Bell will be playing MLB. Gun said he's never played MLB in a 3-4, but he has played ILB in a 3-4. Bell fills a bigger need for us at MLB than he does at OLB.

Our best 3 LB's are Fujita, Bell and DJ. Pick 3 spots for them, and let them play.

If Mitchell ends up starting at MLB, I will have lost all faith in the coaching staff. Although I won't have to worry about that too much because he'll probably get hurt in TC anyway.

If Grigsby starts one game this season, it means we've lost a lot of players due to injury.

I hope you're right.

htismaqe
05-05-2005, 07:37 AM

Dane

Um, Randy Moss and Chad Pennington played at Marshall. They're a D1 school and play in the MAC.

philfree
05-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I like Fujita. But if it really does come down to a battle between SF and Johnson, Fujita will lose in the end. He's played well, but he isn't a first round pick, and he just doesn't have the same amount of talent.

'course this discussion is pretty moot until August. And the way our offseasons seem to go, the biggest trick may be finding three healthy linebackers to start.

In the end, I don't care who they play, as long as the jobs are earned. If a month of camps makes them think their best starting trio is Bell, Johnson and Mitchell, then great. If it's Bell, Fox and Fujita, then great. Names don't matter as much as performance and the guys who give us the best chance of winning are the ones who should be on the field. And we don't know, can't know, who that is right now.

No it's been established that Mitchell sucks and he can no way be able to win the MLB job. If he does then Gun doesn't know what he's doing anymore. If that happens we should all lose faith in Gun cause Mitchell sucks. :) Talk about a rush to judgement :)

PhilFree:arrow:

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 08:17 AM
All this Grigsby talk is retarded, Scanlon is clearly the greatest LB on the roster.

Coogs
05-05-2005, 09:05 AM
You know, all this arguing about who is the best LB's on our team are reminds me of the great RB debates that took place before Holmes put an end to all of them. Heck, even Holmes was part of the debate. Many thought he was only a third down back.

I'm just hoping that DJ and Bell turn out to be studs, no matter what spot they play, and that it won't matter all that much who wins the other starting spot.

What ever happened to Frank Moreau anyway? Is he in the HOF yet?

Coogs
05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
If Mitchell ends up starting at MLB, I will have lost all faith in the coaching staff.

Man, I just thought you said the other day that you were convinced "The best three LB's will be starting".

Now your are saying if Mitchell starts, the best three won't?

So just who is in charge of figuring out who the best three LB's on the Chiefs are? Gun or TRR? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
05-05-2005, 09:39 AM
You know, all this arguing about who is the best LB's on our team are reminds me of the great RB debates that took place before Holmes put an end to all of them. Heck, even Holmes was part of the debate. Many thought he was only a third down back.

I'm just hoping that DJ and Bell turn out to be studs, no matter what spot they play, and that it won't matter all that much who wins the other starting spot.

Brian Shay, baby! :clap:

KC Kings
05-05-2005, 09:53 AM

I would say that the talk of Boomer starting the season is absurd, the Scotty Fu is an average LBer that should start this year and work well with his supporting cast, and that Mitchell had plenty of opportunities blown with over persuing the play, getting run over, and looking confused.

But after Coogs post, I remeber saying that Holmes was a third down back and the T Rich was our RBOTF, that Green would never be able to come back from that injury and play t 100%, and that Snoop Minnis was a much better kick returner that Dante Hall, so WTF do I know.

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
I would say that the talk of Boomer starting the season is absurd, the Scotty Fu is an average LBer that should start this year and work well with his supporting cast, and that Mitchell had plenty of opportunities blown with over persuing the play, getting run over, and looking confused.

But after Coogs post, I remeber saying that Holmes was a third down back and the T Rich was our RBOTF, that Green would never be able to come back from that injury and play t 100%, and that Snoop Minnis was a much better kick returner that Dante Hall, so WTF do I know.

I wonder why Mitchell looked confused. I mean, he has only been forced to learn 2 completely different pro defensive schemes in his first 2 years in the pros. What an idiot, the guy obviously is a moron and has no potential at the pro level. :rolleyes:

I am going to laughing my ass off when Bell, Mitchell, and DJ are the starting LBs this season.