PDA

View Full Version : starting linebackers

ILChief
05-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I think it's safe to say that Johnson and Bell will be starters (Bell could be either OLB or MLB). Who's your pick as the 3rd? Poll forthcoming.

kcfan88
05-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Boomer would be cool!

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 10:47 PM
You Boomer fans need to chill out....the guy will be great to have on the squad; he'll tear up special teams; he'll be a respectable back-up when called upon....and he'll likely BECOME a good, not great, player. It won't be THIS year though...but I suspect he will have a better career than either Maz or Beisel (two blue collar types who were previous fan favs.)

He WILL NOT start ahead of Fujita, Mitchell, or even Fox (at this point, anyway.) :shake:

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 10:48 PM
You Boomer fans need to chill out....the guy will be great to have on the squad; he'll tear up special teams; he'll be a respectable back-up when called upon....and he'll likely BECOME a good, not great, player. It won't be THIS year though...but I suspect he will have a better career than either Maz or Beisel (two blue collar types who were previous fan favs.)

He WILL NOT start ahead of Fujita, Mitchell, or even Fox (at this point, anyway.) :shake: ROFL

Bowser
05-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Didn't we sign Ian Gold?

Heh.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 10:50 PM
ROFL

:spock:

Okay, we KNOW why YOU like Boomer....

but do you honestly think he will start? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Didn't we sign Ian Gold.......

Heh.

Who? :hmmm:

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 10:56 PM

but do you honestly think he will start? :hmmm::shrug:
axtually Craphonso thorpe has a better body :)

CoMoChief
05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
I thought Denver signed Ian Gold back to the Donks this past offseason.

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 10:58 PM
:shrug:

Sorry, I hadn't noticed... :shake:

:p

Mr. Kotter
05-04-2005, 10:58 PM
I thought Denver signed Ian Gold back to the Donks this past offseason.

It was a joke....he did. ;)

jAZ
05-04-2005, 10:59 PM

He WILL NOT start ahead of Fujita, Mitchell, or even Fox (at this point, anyway.) :shake:
Bah!

Bowser
05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
:shrug:

He's what, 6'1 175 lbs?

Sounds to me like they could take that body and use it to get the baseballs out of the sewer drain.

Yikes. No offense, but I'm critiquing male forms with DC here. I'm going to go browse Playboy real quick. Be back in a few.

royr17
05-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Craphonso is 6'0" 187 lbs.

T-post Tom
05-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Count MAZ out. He's tough and has worked hard, but he'll be out of football before the preseason starts. I suspect that the Chiefs will pick up a veteran MLB shortly after June 1. This should be one of the more competitve positions in training camp.

John_Wayne
05-04-2005, 11:35 PM
OLB - Bell
MLB - Boomer
OLB - Johnson

--OR--

OLB - Fujita or Fox
MLB - Bell
OLB - Johnson

philfree
05-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Well right now it's LLB/Johnson, MLB/Mitchell, RLB/Bell but it will be interesting to see what happens at mini camp and if this is what we stick with. If Mitchell comes in and struggles then I can see changes being made but if he comes in and does decent to well then I bet we stick with this line-up.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mr. Christopher
05-05-2005, 12:04 AM
OLB - Bell
MLB - Boomer
OLB - Johnson

--OR--

OLB - Fujita or Fox
MLB - Bell
OLB - Johnson
Option #2 - only with Fujita, not Fox.

I know a lot of people are down on Fujita, but I think that the guy is merely a by-product of a bad defense. I'm not saying that he's the best linebacker out there, or even that he won't have to fight for a starting job. What I am saying is that the guy's got speed, heart, and ability, and I really feel that he has more to offer than any of the other linebackers that we have right now.

UNLESS, Barber comes back healthy...but I don't think that will happen.

TRR
05-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Well right now it's LLB/Johnson, MLB/Mitchell, RLB/Bell but it will be interesting to see what happens at mini camp and if this is what we stick with. If Mitchell comes in and struggles then I can see changes being made but if he comes in and does decent to well then I bet we stick with this line-up.

I'm not sure where your getting that info from as Gunther said himself that there is NO depth chart right now, and NO position chart. Gun said himself that there will be a floating depth/position chart throughout TC. As far as you or I know, Bell is penciled in as the starter at MLB.

Phobia
05-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Craphonso is 6'0" 187 lbs.

Yeah, but I'll bet he's put on about 10 lbs since Gunther drafted him or something.

philfree
05-05-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure where your getting that info from as Gunther said himself that there is NO depth chart right now, and NO position chart. Gun said himself that there will be a floating depth/position chart throughout TC. As far as you or I know, Bell is penciled in as the starter at MLB.

Before Gun's interview where mentioned the floating depth chart it was written in an article on the Chiefs site that Bell was originally penciled in at MLB but now that's changed and he's being looked at as the RLB with Mitchell as the MLB and Fujita and DJ fighting it out for LLB. Basically we've got to start some where and starting in mini camp I bet we start with Bell as the RLB and Mitchell as the MLB with DJ as the LLB unless Fuji's ready to go. Nothing is written in stone though so if players struggle then the line-up and depth chart will probably change.

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 01:51 AM

under gun's tutelage, he may become a great player. he certainly has teh athleticism and attitude to do it.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 01:56 AM

By that rationale we should assume you're down on him because he snubbed you for prom?

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 01:57 AM

but do you honestly think he will start? :hmmm:
Kotter, there is a thing in this world called tolerance... investigate.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Sorry, I hadn't noticed... :shake:

:p
Right.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 02:00 AM
This should be one of the more competitve positions in training camp.

Which will be a nice change from last year.

Logical
05-05-2005, 02:59 AM
I really hope it is someone not on the roster right now. If not I am completely torn as to who it will be. Matter of fact I am really only sure that Bell will be starting providing he is healthy.

Who knows if Carl will get DJ onto the roster much before the season begins.

Who knows if Fuj will be healthy

Who knows if Barber will return at all.

Who knows if Mitchell when learn he is supposed to tackle the guy with the ball instead of aiming for the blocker.

Beyond those everyone is a total crapshoot as possibilities.

Ideally it will be

Bell
Johnson
someone not on the roster now

arrowhead20
05-05-2005, 05:42 AM
I see it being :
OLB - Johnson
MLB - Mitchell
OLB - Bell
But boomer may be in there when mitchell f%cks up after the midway point

htismaqe