PDA

View Full Version : KC Car auction?

Phobia
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Anybody from around here go to the car auctions?

I'm looking to acquire 2 trucks and would appreciate tagging along under someone's dealer license.

DenverChief
05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
like a truck truck or an SUV truck?

Phobia
05-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Like work trucks.

laser1972
05-04-2005, 10:22 PM
public auctions near Winner rd has some work trucks (city used ) every 3rd Sat of the month, dont need a dealer's license ...

Phobia
05-04-2005, 10:24 PM
public auctions near Winner rd has some work trucks (city used ) every 3rd Sat of the month, dont need a dealer's license ...

Cool - thanks. I'm not necessarily looking for used fleet trucks, I'm looking for an F-250 and a late model Dakota or Frontier.

Iowanian
05-04-2005, 10:26 PM
my buddy goes every week. I don't know what he'd do, but if you told what you wanted, and a price range........He'd probably do it for a little markup.

Nzoner
05-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Cool - thanks. I'm not necessarily looking for used fleet trucks, I'm looking for an F-250 and a late model Dakota or Frontier.

Sweet,did dad finally come around to your way of thinking?

Phobia
05-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Sweet,did dad finally come around to your way of thinking?

No. I'm splitting my half of the business off from his. He's too financially conservative for me. Somehow he thinks spending 2 days a month personally distributing fliers is more financially responsible than investing $300 in a frickin yellow pages ad. Some people can't see outside their own little box. He's one of them.

go bowe
05-04-2005, 11:23 PM
No. I'm splitting my half of the business off from his. He's too financially conservative for me. Somehow he thinks spending 2 days a month personally distributing fliers is more financially responsible than investing $300 in a frickin yellow pages ad. Some people can't see outside their own little box. He's one of them.i was much happier when i quit trying to work with other people and went out on my own...

i think you'll be glad you did this...

congratulations and best of luck to you in your new venture... :toast:

C-Mac
05-04-2005, 11:30 PM

I thoughtyou said you wanted trucks that work. :p

You might give ol'e Bwana a shout too, he's a car hustler that might know of a hook up in KC.:thumb:

C-Mac
05-04-2005, 11:33 PM
No. I'm splitting my half of the business off from his. He's too financially conservative for me. Somehow he thinks spending 2 days a month personally distributing fliers is more financially responsible than investing $300 in a frickin yellow pages ad. Some people can't see outside their own little box. He's one of them.

What kind of business is it that you trying to promote?

Dave Lane
05-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Phil,

My GFs brother is a dealer here in town and sends cars to the auction all the time i might be able to get you a tag along privledge.

Dave

Phobia
05-05-2005, 12:08 AM
What kind of business is it that you trying to promote?

I do remodeling. But I think I'm gonna become more specialized in Kitchens, bathrooms, decks, and outdoor kitchens. I'm trying to develop my own crews so I can focus on the more rewarding parts of the business such as design and sales.

Phobia
05-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Phil,

My GFs brother is a dealer here in town and sends cars to the auction all the time i might be able to get you a tag along privledge.

Dave

That would be cool.

Thanks.

Bwana
05-05-2005, 07:13 AM
You might give ol'e Bwana a shout too, he's a car hustler that might know of a hook up in KC.:thumb:

I have only been to one KC Auction and that was so I could write off flying in for a football game at the time. :) I know there are a few in the area though.

PastorMikH
05-05-2005, 07:18 AM
Here's an auction for you Phil...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4545992617&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but hey, the supervisor needs a fast ride to get from job site to job site. The Jag was donated to our local public schools and is being auctioned in hopes of raising $ to renovate the HS track.

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 07:21 AM
I do remodeling. But I think I'm gonna become more specialized in Kitchens, bathrooms, decks, and outdoor kitchens. I'm trying to develop my own crews so I can focus on the more rewarding parts of the business such as design and sales.

And billing/collections...

C-Mac
05-05-2005, 08:21 AM
And billing/collections...

I was thinking it was just billing, did he lauched the collections department yet?

PastorMikH
05-05-2005, 08:22 AM
I was thinking it was just billing, did he lauched the collections department yet?

Say, I have some work I need done before he launches a collections dept.

:)

Mr. Kotter
05-05-2005, 08:30 AM

Yeah, he interviewed a couple of guys last week....Vinnie and Guido, but they had parole violations last weekend.

C-Mac
05-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Yeah, he interviewed a couple of guys last week....Vinnie and Guido, but they had parole violations last weekend.

Ya I heard they were exceptionally good at working with self-righteous non-paying church ladies.
:)

Phobia
05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Hah hah. That situation hasn't yet reached the "funny story" phase in my life, but you guys go ahead and have fun with it.

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Hah hah. That situation hasn't yet reached the "funny story" phase in my life, but you guys go ahead and have fun with it.

Okay.

Skip Towne
05-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Did you go ahead with the church thing?

Phobia
05-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Did you go ahead with the church thing?

I haven't decided if it would be worth the humiliation yet.

Yesterday I was half a block away from that house and I was planning to remove the stairs I installed up to an upstairs apartment when my phone rang.

It was another customer who wanted to give me a handful of 100's.

cookster50
05-05-2005, 09:23 AM
One of these days I'm going to look for an old junker truck to use to haul things(such as furniture or garden stuff). Can you even find a truck that runs decent for under $1500?

Hoover
05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
One of these days I'm going to look for an old junker truck to use to haul things(such as furniture or garden stuff). Can you even find a truck that runs decent for under $1500?
There is a pimped out 91 Isuzu in my town with a rebuilt engine for 1500, I was going to offer 800 bucks.

My old man just bought a 89 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 with a blown engine foe 500 bucks, and then droped in a Diesel engine that cost him 400 bucks. Not a bad work truck for 1000 bucks

Iowanian
05-05-2005, 10:05 AM
I sent an email Phildo........Let me know if you're still in the market and I'll give him a call tonight........or go with Dave's friend who is already in town.

Let me know.

Phobia
05-05-2005, 10:12 AM
I sent an email Phildo........Let me know if you're still in the market and I'll give him a call tonight........or go with Dave's friend who is already in town.

Let me know.

I'll go with whichever contact solidifies first and costs me the least. Heh. Please proceed with contacting your friend.

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 10:15 AM

Bob Dole bought a running 1985 C-10 from the local Housing Authority 2 years ago for $305.

Manila-Chief
05-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey, you guys are educating (informing) me. My wife has said she wants a pickumup when we retire. I'll get her one of those cheap ones...