PDA

View Full Version : Cinco De Mayo parties?

wildcat09
05-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Anyone know of some good Cinco De Mayo parties? I have to celebrate a holiday the combines cervesa and senoritas :toast: :BLVD:

Valiant
05-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Anyone know of some good Cinco De Mayo parties? I have to celebrate a holiday the combines cervesa and senoritas :toast: :BLVD:

ON the border off of barry roads has a huge bash with 98.9...

jspchief
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
I hear Matamoros puts on a good one :thumb:

Valiant
05-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I hear Matamoros puts on a good one :thumb:

isnt that a mexican town just outside of padre island???

wildcat09
05-04-2005, 10:56 PM
I have heard of some on Friday. are the for mentioned thursday or friday?

Phobia
05-04-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm considering a small party for Saturday. It will probably be a party for old people. If anyone is interested in hanging out Saturday afternoon, drinking beers, and smoking meat drop me a smoke.

Miles
05-04-2005, 11:12 PM
isnt that a mexican town just outside of padre island???

Yeah its about 45 minutes away or so across the boarder from Brownsville.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 11:26 PM
There's tons of Cinco de Mayo shit going on in my neck of the woods. I haven't even decided if I'm going out or not, much less what I'm doing. I'm just not real interested in showing up to work really hungover Friday.

There's a decent possiblity I'll end up at the Salty Senorita (http://www.saltysenorita.com/). It's just a few hundred yards stumble from my front door, so you can't beat the location.

Demonpenz
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM
drinking at 6 bars at 8 handcuffs by midnight

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 11:36 PM
drinking at 6 bars at 8 handcuffs by midnight
Hey, that reminds me. I'll have to call my buddy Ted. Last year at Cinco de Mayo was his televised "police standoff".

F*ckin' dumbass cops.

Demonpenz
05-04-2005, 11:37 PM
i remember that where is the freaking thread

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 11:40 PM
i remember that where is the freaking thread
Lemme mix a drink and I'll see if I can find it.

I think I updated it when he got off. I think his girlfriend ended up doing a few months. A far cry from what he was looking at for the multiple felonies he was charged with. (In AZ shooting a gun in the air in city limits is a felony... you can get 3-6 years a round. She fired off six rounds. And, he had other charges on top of those.)

Miles
05-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Its been a while since I have been able to go out for it. There is a pretty cool mexican place near campus that is having a pretty big thing going on.

My friends and I are getting started at around 11:00 so its probably going to get ugly.

wildcat09
05-04-2005, 11:43 PM
I have to work thursday night so i need something on friday. I have heard a couple of things on the radio but they weren't really parties.

Nzoner
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
In case any St Joe folks read this because I was too damn dumb to put Cinco De Mayo in my thread header I'll repost this.

Julio's is having a tent outside with a DJ,LaMesa is having a band and San Jose is offering free chips and salsa and a patio party.

If you're looking for any festive wear Record Wear House has beads sombreos and a $5 shirt that reads BUY ME A BEER or something like that in Spanish.

Demonpenz
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
the chiefs signed someone from rolla

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 11:52 PM
the chiefs signed someone from rolla
Haha... no way.

I couldn't find the thread about my buddy. It appears to have been pruned.

Demonpenz
05-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Haha... no way.

I couldn't find the thread about my buddy. It appears to have been pruned.

they seriously signed a guy from their practice squad from rolla i ment to post it but i was drunk

Demonpenz
05-04-2005, 11:53 PM
(April 25): Brett Fischer, the standout wide receiver for the UMR football team over the last four seasons, has agreed to a free agent deal with the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. Fischer, who earned honorable mention status in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association following the 2004 season, broke or tied several school receiving records during the past year. He caught 72 passes for 1,040 yards and seven touchdowns last season to finish fourth in the MIAA in receptions and second in receiving yards per game. Fischer's 72 receptions this season tied the UMR single-season record and his yardage total was a school record. In addition, he had a school record 1,517 yards over the past two seasons to establish another UMR standard. Fischer finished his career with 155 catches (second all-time at UMR) for 1,976 yards (first all-time) and 13 touchdowns. He will be joining a team that has one of the NFL's most prolific offenses, as the Chiefs were second to the Indianapolis Colts in scoring during the 2004 season after leading the NFL in that department in 2002 and 2003. At UMR, Fischer, a Wildwood, Mo., native who graduated from Lafayette High School, is completing work on bachelor's degrees in engineering management and economics.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Holy shit.

Fischer agrees to free agent deal with Kansas City
Brett Fischer

(April 25): Brett Fischer, the standout wide receiver for the UMR football team over the last four seasons, has agreed to a free agent deal with the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. Fischer, who earned honorable mention status in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association following the 2004 season, broke or tied several school receiving records during the past year. He caught 72 passes for 1,040 yards and seven touchdowns last season to finish fourth in the MIAA in receptions and second in receiving yards per game. Fischer's 72 receptions this season tied the UMR single-season record and his yardage total was a school record. In addition, he had a school record 1,517 yards over the past two seasons to establish another UMR standard. Fischer finished his career with 155 catches (second all-time at UMR) for 1,976 yards (first all-time) and 13 touchdowns. He will be joining a team that has one of the NFL's most prolific offenses, as the Chiefs were second to the Indianapolis Colts in scoring during the 2004 season after leading the NFL in that department in 2002 and 2003. At UMR, Fischer, a Wildwood, Mo., native who graduated from Lafayette High School, is completing work on bachelor's degrees in engineering management and economics.

Well, dang. Move aside, Boomer. I've got a new rookie to root for.

Demonpenz
05-04-2005, 11:56 PM
i figured it was already posted but i was too lit to find it but i am glad i was the one that showed you

Nzoner
Holy shit.

Well, dang. Move aside, Boomer. I've got a new rookie to root for.

wildcat09
I was recruited to play wr there when i was coming out of junior college.

ENDelt260
05-04-2005, 11:57 PM
i figured it was already posted but i was too lit to find it but i am glad i was the one that showed you
It probably was. I was also probably too lit to see.

Demonpenz
05-05-2005, 12:00 AM
buffalo soldier dreadlock rock star