PDA

View Full Version : Would you be here on Earth...if it wasn't for booze?

trndobrd
05-05-2005, 02:17 AM
In my current situation I am prohibited from having or consuming alcohol, so is everyone else around me. While "impure thoughts" are still in abundance, the acts associated with those thoughs seems rather low compared to an alcohol drenched environment.

This observation begs the question, how many of us have a keg of beer, bottle of wine, or fifth of Bourbon to thank for our creation?

Poll on the way.

Please, have a drink and procreate while you wait.

mcan
05-05-2005, 02:23 AM
In my current situation I am prohibited from having or consuming alcohol, so is everyone else around me. While "impure thoughts" are still in abundance, the acts associated with those thoughs seems rather low compared to an alcohol drenched environment.

This observation begs the question, how many of us have a keg of beer, bottle of wine, or fifth of Bourbon to thank for our creation?

Poll on the way.

I don't drink at all. In fact, I've NEVER had any type of alcohol. Ever... While I don't like the substance itself, I have no problem with people who decide to partake. I just find it sad that it conquers people so easily, and ruins families, and relationships, and the list goes on and on. I really think that most of the worlds' problems could be solved if the people on this earth were ever sober enough to think... Unfortunately, most people live through the week just to go party on the weekends, so that they can tell drinking stories around the water cooler through the week, so they can go back out and party again... It all seems so empty.

Mcan
Preaching a little, when he should be turning his perceptions to himself and working on his paper(s)...

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 02:25 AM
I don't drink at all. In fact, I've NEVER had any type of alcohol. Ever... While I don't like the substance itself, I have no problem with people who decide to partake. I just find it sad that it conquers people so easily, and ruins families, and relationships, and the list goes on and on. I really think that most of the worlds' problems could be solved if the people on this earth were ever sober enough to think... Unfortunately, most people live through the week just to go party on the weekends, so that they can tell drinking stories around the water cooler through the week, so they can go back out and party again... It all seems so empty.

Mcan
Preaching a little, when he should be turning his perceptions to himself and working on his paper(s)...
im an occaisional partaker, Ill party once every couple months. But the addictive personality is engrained far too deep in my family for much more.

Count Alex's Losses
05-05-2005, 02:25 AM
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.

Um...wait. I'm high on life?

mcan
05-05-2005, 02:36 AM
im an occaisional partaker, Ill party once every couple months. But the addictive personality is engrained far too deep in my family for much more.

Ugh... Every time I tell people I don't drink, they start making excuses. Just say it... You're a lush... It's OK, I'm not gonna judge you.

Much...
;)

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 02:38 AM
Ugh... Every time I tell people I don't drink, they start making excuses. Just say it... You're a lush... It's OK, I'm not gonna judge you.

Much...
;)
Its no excuse, I enjoy the occaisional night out. Its just a scary substance.

Son of Logical
05-05-2005, 02:42 AM
Nope, I was the one planned child out of the three of us. Gotta have a son you know. So, yeah I had two older sisters that were not planned, but both my parents don't drink. So they might of been accidents but not because of hootch.

trndobrd
05-05-2005, 02:49 AM

Mcan

But your PARENTS, did they drink?

Count Alex's Losses
05-05-2005, 02:51 AM
You must be mistaken. My parents have never had sex.

el borracho
05-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Both parents drink, but I would be very surprised if either has been what one would consider drunk more than once or twice in their lifetimes. As far as I know, they weren't drunk during my conception. I'm not sure if I was planned or not planned, but I would bet money that they were reasonably sober at the time.

el borracho
05-05-2005, 03:17 AM
I'm not sure about your dad but your mom has.

trndobrd
05-05-2005, 03:18 AM

Then you would put your check in answer #2.

deadbabyseal
05-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Mom sez I'm a happy accident, Dad sez I'm a factory defect condom.

KCChiefsMan
05-05-2005, 07:55 AM
with my new daytime job I cannot drink nearly as much as I used to. A few months ago I was drinking till dawn 3-4 times a week. It would have been a responsible night out if I just came home from the bars and passed out instead of staying up till 6 or 7 playing pool/poker whatever. But now I only drink on Fri or Sat

bkkcoh
05-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I saw a report the other day that said that scientists have found that the substance around the egg that allows the sperm to penetrate was actually a form of alcohol.

Skip Towne
05-05-2005, 08:10 AM
The Planet would be much better off if they hadn't.

Kerberos
05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
I am a test tube baby.

I am pretty sure the factory worker at Pyrex was a drunk as well as the lab director that I call DAD !

:D

StcChief
05-05-2005, 08:34 AM
No hooch involved.

munkey
05-05-2005, 08:38 AM
My parents were to young and pretty much to poor (from what I've been told) to drink...

I guess I need to ask why they had me then...

morphius
05-05-2005, 08:56 AM
I have Catholicism to thank for my birth, anyone who has tried their "birth control" method knows what I'm talking about.

Iowanian
05-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Sounds like someone needs to send Trnado a couple of bottles of "tea"...and maybe a dvd "documentary".

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't think alcohol played a role in my conception.

Now, the conception of my alleged children OTOH...

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Just say it... You're a lush...

I don't think lush is quite accurate. I'm more of a raging, goddamned drunk.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 11:36 AM
My parents were to young and pretty much to poor (from what I've been told) to drink...

I guess I need to ask why they had me then...
Too poor to drink? Hogwash. Even homeless people have booze.

Skip Towne
05-05-2005, 11:38 AM
I don't think alcohol played a role in my conception.

Now, the conception of my alleged children OTOH...
How many alleged children do you allegedly have?

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 11:40 AM
How many alleged children do you allegedly have?
To my knowledge, zero. But, I drink a lot, so I forget things.

munkey
05-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Too poor to drink? Hogwash. Even homeless people have booze.

Heh...Come to think of it, 6 months before I was born my old man signed a contract not to drink, gamble and some other stuff...

I'd have to pull the thing out for all the particulars.

SO you may be right...not to poor just not allowed to...I guess.

ENDelt260
05-05-2005, 11:43 AM
A contract not to drink? That's un-American!

munkey
05-05-2005, 11:53 AM
A contract not to drink? That's un-American!

I guess not when your a free agent in the NFL...

JohninGpt
05-05-2005, 12:50 PM
In my current situation I am prohibited from having or consuming alcohol, so is everyone else around me.
If you can make it to the international airport, I know for a fact they carry Hieniken and a fine assortment of you favorite booze at the duty free. :toast:

ChiTown
05-05-2005, 12:56 PM

Poll on the way.

Maybe I missed it, but why are you prohibited from drinking or being around alcohol? Just curious...........

Calcountry
05-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Poll on the way.

Please, have a drink and procreate while you wait.I almost wasn't here due to a pill though.

Skip Towne
05-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Maybe I missed it, but why are you prohibited from drinking or being around alcohol? Just curious...........
He's in the big house?

JohninGpt
05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
He's in the big house?
My guess is he went back to the big sand box.

Phobia
05-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Nope, I was the one planned child out of the three of us. Gotta have a son you know. So, yeah I had two older sisters that were not planned, but both my parents don't drink. So they might of been accidents but not because of hootch.

Yeah - I'm definitely an accident, but not because of the bottle. My parents are incredibly religious. Not religious enough not to hump, but religious enough to stay off the juice.

Ultra Peanut
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Mom sez I'm a happy accident, Dad sez I'm a factory defect condom.I was a blue light special at K-Mart.

vailpass
05-05-2005, 01:29 PM

Mcan

Pussy.

mcan
05-05-2005, 01:37 PM
But your PARENTS, did they drink?

Yep... A lot...

Calcountry
05-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Too poor to drink? Hogwash. Even homeless people have booze.Yeah, just why do you think they are asking for change all the time?

trndobrd
05-06-2005, 12:13 AM
If you can make it to the international airport, I know for a fact they carry Hieniken and a fine assortment of you favorite booze at the duty free. :toast:

I'm not near the airport. Besides, I heard the road to the airport has some bad potholes. Congrats on your safe return home.

JohninGpt
05-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm not near the airport. Besides, I heard the road to the airport has some bad potholes. Congrats on your safe return home.
It's not a bad road, we drove down it lots of times and only got blown up once (no injuries, but a Paystar tractor got pretty screwed up). The really rough road is the one to Al Asad.
Keep your head down over there. If the bad guys don't knock that crap off, someone is liable to get hurt.
John

Saulbadguy
05-06-2005, 08:49 AM

Mcan
Alcohol...the cause, and solution to all of the worlds problems!