PDA

View Full Version : Precious has a name: Erica Michelle Maria Green

KingPriest2
05-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Precious Doe case SOLVED!

KingPriest2
05-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Police: 'Precious Doe' Identified
Investigators To Hold News Conference At 10 A.M.

POSTED: 6:23 am CDT May 5, 2005
UPDATED: 10:12 am CDT May 5, 2005

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- In a brief news release sent to the media early Thursday morning, Kansas City police announced that the young girl known for the past four years as Precious Doe had been identified.

Video

LIVE: Watch KMBC's Coverage at 10 a.m.
Watch KMBC's Report

The girl, whose decapitated body was found near 59th Street and Kensington April 28, 2001, was identified as Erica Michelle Maria Green, 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIVE: See the news conference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police went to Muskogee, Okla., this week to check out a tip that an Oklahoma woman may have been the mother of the young girl.

The information came from an Oklahoma man who contacted local activist Alonzo Washington after seeing an advertisement in a Kansas City newspaper. The man claimed to know the identity of Precious Doe and who killed her. Washington said the man claimed that the mother of Precious Doe came to Kansas City in 2001 seeking a job, but became involved in drugs.

Two people were taken into custody in Oklahoma in connection with the case. The Muskogee Phoenix newspaper identified the pair as Harrell Johnson, 25, and Michelle Johnson, 30, both of Muskogee. Jackson County, Mo., prosecutor Mike Sanders said Michelle Johnson was charged with one count of felony murder and one count of endangering the welfare of a child.

The man with the tip is a relative of the Johnsons, officials said. He said he had a granddaughter who he hasn't seen since 2001 when her mother, Michelle Johnson, took the 3-year-old girl to Kansas City.

Community Reacts To News

Washington went to Hibbs Park in Kansas City Thursday morning where a memorial had been set up for Precious Doe. He told KMBC that he was overjoyed that the case had been solved.

"I was out here just Thursday, saying that one tip can solve this case. I did not know two days later that tip would come in," Washington said. "So I'm overjoyed and happy to know that Erica Green is Precious Doe. We have a name to our child."

Teresa Perry of the Precious Doe committee told KMBC that she cried when she heard the news.

"This is wonderful news. This is a blessing. We're thanking God," Perry said.

A retired postal worker who found the girl's head days after her body was discovered said he is very happy the young girl has been identified.

"Oh, I feel great that we got a name for somebody that we really didn't who it was. Now we have a name and hopefully we can close this. It's not Precious Doe. We do have a name," Billy Stegall told KMBC.

KingPriest2
05-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Alonzo Washington found the guy. He has embarrassed the local law enforement

He was buying adds in national papers seeking info the little girl.

He got a phone call over the weekend from the guy in Oklahoma and relayed it to the police.

This is the same guy that called several times in regards to this and he was ignored by the police.

wutamess
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know what actually happened to the girl or that part hasn't came out yet?

KingPriest2
05-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know what actually happened to the girl or that part hasn't came out yet?

From what I gather is the stepfather abused her badly. Erica died days later. They cut her head off then. The stepfather then placed the head in a trashbag placed it in a dumpster near a church. The mother said we can't leave it there so they went back to retrieve the head and chucked it in the woods.

Lzen
05-05-2005, 09:42 AM
From what I gather is the stepfather abused her badly. Erica died days later. They cut her head off then. The stepfather then placed the head in a trashbag placed it in a dumpster near a church. The mother said we can't leave it there so they went back to retrieve the head and chucked it in the woods.

That is just sick. WTF is wrong with people? And why did they cut off her head after she was dead?
:cuss: These people should be gutted and left to bleed to death.

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Wow, that is crazy. Did this news just come out today? And who is Alonzo Washington?

Lzen
05-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Wow, that is crazy. Did this news just come out today? And who is Alonzo Washington?

Apparently, he is a local activist who didn't give up on finding out who this little girl was.

Phobia
05-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Step father kicked her in the head and she slowly died over the next 2 days.

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 09:46 AM
When did this info come out? Is this old news? I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Phobia
05-05-2005, 09:55 AM
When did this info come out? Is this old news? I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Today. Press conference was at 10:00.

Radar Chief
05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Step father kicked her in the head and she slowly died over the next 2 days.

:shake:

eazyb81
05-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Okay, what was the reason for cutting her head off? What a piece of shit. Cases like these are the reason why we still need capital punishment, this fugger deserves to have a slow and painful death.

KingPriest2
05-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Okla. Mom Charged in Girl's Decapitation By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer
17 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Four years after a little girl's headless body was found, police identified an Oklahoma woman as her mother and charged her Thursday with murdering the child who became known as Precious Doe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Three-year-old Erica Michelle Maria Green was identified through a tip, police said.

Her mother, Michelle Johnson, was also charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

Erica's body was found near an intersection on April 28, 2001. Days later, her head was found nearby, wrapped in a trash bag.

Her story had deeply touched the community. "Everyone over here is excited beyond words," said Capt. Rich Lockhart, a spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department.

Prosecutor Mike Sanders said Johnson was being held on $500,000 bond in her hometown of Muskogee, Okla., and would be extradited to Kansas City "as soon as possible." He did not immediately provide other details about her.

Police did not immediately elaborate on how they learned Erica's identity, except to say that a call they got last week directed them to an Oklahoma couple and resulted in a break in the case.

"It's still very much a developing investigation," Lockhart said.

Detectives went to Muskogee on Wednesday to interview members of a family after getting a second tip from a man living there who said he was related to the child. An initial investigation last year of a tip from the same man did not produce any solid leads.

The Oklahoma man also contacted Alonzo Washington, a community activist who has championed efforts to identify the black girl as he works to raise awareness of missing black children.

On Tuesday, Washington received a package containing a photo of the woman the man said was the child's mother, pictured with several children, including one that the Oklahoma man said he believed to be Erica. Washington gave the photo to police.

Washington said Thursday he was happy that Precious Doe had remained in the minds of police and the community. "There's something about it that just bothers me that a child could be thrown away and people forget about it," he said.

The case had gripped Kansas City residents since the body was found.

In the months following, hundreds volunteered to answer witness hot lines and pass out fliers with the girl's picture; hundreds more prayed and sang at candlelight vigils.

The quest to give the little girl a name put her story on the "America's Most Wanted" and "Today" television shows and in newspapers across the country. An advertising company donated 20 billboards with her picture and the words "Who Am I?"

When she was finally buried in December 2001, hundreds of mourners turned out for a church service that featured children singing, dancing and reading Scripture.

The Rev. Wallace Hartsfield implored: "Don't stop mourning. Don't be comforted. Keep on crying."

Authorities combed through more than 1,000 leads as community leaders continued their efforts.

Hopes of identifying her were raised briefly the following spring, after Florida child welfare officials realized that they had lost track of a girl in foster care for more than a year, but DNA tests showed that Precious Doe was not that girl, 5-year-old Rilya Wilson.

A makeshift memorial full of poems, teddy bears and flowers to Precious was eventually replaced by a permanent monument to the girl. T-shirts, bumper stickers and fliers with the child's picture were passed out on city streets and vigils were still held to honor her memory.

On Thursday morning, someone had placed a sign at the memorial reading, "My Name Is Erica Michelle Maria Green."

Phobia
05-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Okay, what was the reason for cutting her head off? What a piece of shit. Cases like these are the reason why we still need capital punishment, this fugger deserves to have a slow and painful death.

Probably crackheads. I dunno. The press conference revealed very little. They haven't charged the step father yet, only the mother. Obviously the mother spilled because they know a lot about the crime.

KingPriest2
05-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Kansas City police: 'Precious Doe' is Erica
Tipster gives name of little girl found decapitated four years ago
Thursday, May 5, 2005 Posted: 11:19 AM EDT (1519 GMT)

Police learned after four years that Erica Michelle Maria Green is the murdered girl called "Precious Doe."
Image:

(CNN) -- The decapitated body of a little girl discovered in 2001 has been identified through a newspaper advertisement, authorities in Kansas City, Missouri, announced Thursday.

Police said the girl -- who became known as Precious Doe -- was 3-year-old Erica Michelle Maria Green. Her naked body was found lying in weeds alongside a dirt road in a wooded area on April 28, 2001.

Three days later, her head was found nearby, wrapped in a trash bag. She had been dead between 12 and 48 hours, police said at the time.

Police have arrested a woman in Oklahoma believed to be the girl's mother.

Kansas City police have scheduled a news conference Thursday at 11 a.m. EDT to discuss the case.

The break in the case came after a man who said he hadn't seen his granddaughter for several years responded to a newspaper ad placed by Alonzo Washington, a Kansas City-based missing child advocate and community activist, said Kansas City police Capt. Rich Lockhart.

The ad sought tips in the Precious Doe case and offered a $33,000 reward from community sources, Lockhart said.

The man provided Washington with photographs he said were of his granddaughter and offered information about a man and woman he said were her parents, Lockhart said. Washington then passed the information on to police in Kansas City and Oklahoma.

The couple believed to be the girl's parents were taken into custody on unrelated charges in Muskogee, Oklahoma, on Monday, and Kansas City police traveled there to question them.

During questioning, the woman admitted she was Erica's mother and confessed to being involved in her death, Lockhart said. The couple had traveled to Kansas City in 2001.

The same tipster gave investigators information a year ago, but "it was not the same information," Lockhart said. "The detail this time was much more so than last time."

Since the girl's body was discovered, more than 1,000 case leads were called in to a police hotline. On July 15, 2003, the girl's remains were exhumed so a fourth reconstruction of her face could be done by a forensic anthropologist.

The case last gained national attention three years ago when investigators considered the possibility she was Rilya Wilson, a missing Florida 5-year-old girl. DNA testing eventually proved that theory wrong.

Washington said he spent four years working to get attention for Precious Doe because as a father he did not want people "to forget there was a child discarded like trash."

The suspects' names have not been released, Lockhart said, as the arrest warrants are sealed.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Rest in Peace, sweetie.

Good on ya, Alonzo.

Gav Daddy
05-05-2005, 02:18 PM
it's really sad that these mentally retarded idiots have a compulsion to breed. most of these turds would never qualify for an adoption, but they can go make their own, anytime they feel like it.

i guess that is the only way some can validate their own existence. very sad......

hopefully her soul is at rest now. god bless you precious.

kc rush
05-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Its sick that no one else in the family noticed that this little girl was missing or said anything.

I hope they fry.

KingPriest2
05-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Its sick that no one else in the family noticed that this little girl was missing or said anything.

I hope they fry.

True

Valiant
05-05-2005, 05:40 PM

I hope they fry.

They had 8 other children...Thats insane that it took this long...

4th and Long
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
The step father kicks the little girl in the head and leaves her on the floor for two days to die because he and his scumbag wife had warrant. He then chops off the child's head with a pair of hedge clippers. I can't find a fitting punishment for these dirt bags that would make them suffer enough for this crime.

jynni
05-05-2005, 06:49 PM

It's really sad, but that's probably why no one ever noticed. Especially if the kids were close in age.

WilliamTheIrish
05-05-2005, 07:01 PM
It's really sad, but that's probably why no one ever noticed. Especially if the kids were close in age.

Bullshit. These people weren't isolated. Cousins and neighbors should be just as embarrassed as the KCPD.

The dogged work by Alonzo Washington paid off. This guy should be given a job in the missing persons unit of the KCPD.

This puts two cases (Precious Doe and Allie Kemp) to bed that lingered for a long time over the cops on both sides of the state line.

tommykat
05-05-2005, 09:10 PM

I heard all but this.........8 kids??? Where are they?

Ari Chi3fs
05-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Man, having a 3 year old son... who is darling... and a vital part of my life, I could not imagine how any could bash in a kids head, and then chop it off, and do that shit.

These people need to be treated badly... I put terrorists and these kind of people in the same pile.

Torture these ****ers.

For the love of God, this is unreal.

Frazod
05-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Man, having a 3 year old son... who is darling... and a vital part of my life, I could not imagine how any could bash in a kids head, and then chop it off, and do that shit.

These people need to be treated badly... I put terrorists and these kind of people in the same pile.

Torture these ****ers.

For the love of God, this is unreal.

Feet first in a wood chipper works for me. Sick f#cks. :#

WilliamTheIrish
05-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I actually saw this child the day she was found. Brought in from the ME's office.

It was the second decapitated person I'd seen.

The first was an adult.

KingPriest2
05-06-2005, 07:31 AM
I actually saw this child the day she was found. Brought in from the ME's office.

It was the second decapitated person I'd seen.

The first was an adult.

Wow.