PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, Gannon a Colt?

memyselfI
05-05-2005, 12:28 PM
EXTRA POINTS: QB Rich Gannon spent at the minicamp of the Indianapolis Colts. Coach Tony Dungy said Gannon was visiting with offensive Tom Moore, an old friend. The visit fueled speculation Gannon may be interested in backing up Peyton Manning once he is released from the Raiders after June 1, provided he pass a physical examination.

http://insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_2701145

Sigh, he needs to retire. :shake: :banghead: :cuss:

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 12:29 PM
As soon as he can pass a physical...

keg in kc
05-05-2005, 12:34 PM
As soon as he can pass a physical...Which will happen....never.

Brock
05-05-2005, 12:40 PM
ugh, who gives a shit

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 12:42 PM
actually, hes a perfect fit for their offense. He audibles a lot, and does a good job of reading the D. He also has the same zip and accuracy passing style that manning has. Its a good pickup for the colts if he can pass his physical.

Cochise
05-05-2005, 12:46 PM
1. Who cares
2. A backup role, which is where he's belonged all the while. Time to stop living off that year Grbac made you look like a starter.

keg in kc
05-05-2005, 12:46 PM
actually, hes a perfect fit for their offense. He audibles a lot, and does a good job of reading the D. He also has the same zip and accuracy passing style that manning has. Its a good pickup for the colts if he can pass his physical.And he's the one guy who really does have his "head on a swivel".

tomahawk kid
05-05-2005, 12:47 PM
1. Who cares
2. A backup role, which is where he's belonged all the while. Time to stop living off that year Grbac made you look like a starter.

Amen.

:clap:

Wile_E_Coyote
05-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm no fan of Gannon, even when he was a Chief. I wonder how this will effect the Raiders. He was known as Red Ass by this teammates there. But with greasy Al giving into the players, who will be the much needed bad guy on a team of mememe misfits

Radar Chief
05-05-2005, 01:07 PM
ugh, who gives a shit

:stupid:

jspchief
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
actually, hes a perfect fit for their offense. He audibles a lot, and does a good job of reading the D. He also has the same zip and accuracy passing style that manning has. Its a good pickup for the colts if he can pass his physical.Gannon has a weak arm. The Colts would have to throw out half their playbook with Gannon in. Hardly a perfect fit.

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Gannon has a weak arm. The Colts would have to throw out half their playbook with Gannon in. Hardly a perfect fit.
What are you talking about? All the Colts run is underneath routes for first downs... And Gannon has plenty of pepper on those throws. He's a perfect fit.

Lzen
05-05-2005, 01:16 PM
What are you talking about? All the Colts run is underneath routes for first downs... And Gannon has plenty of pepper on those throws. He's a perfect fit.

Dude, you are high. The Colts run a lot of deep routes, too.

Nightfyre
05-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Dude, you are high. The Colts run a lot of deep routes, too.
The staple of the colts offense is definitely marvin harrison pussying out on 10 -20 yard underneath routes. If youre telling me Gannon cant fire a football 20 yards, then I would contest that you have watched Gannon play.

Cochise
05-05-2005, 01:23 PM
The staple of the colts offense is definitely marvin harrison pussying out on 10 -20 yard underneath routes. If youre telling me Gannon cant fire a football 20 yards, then I would contest that you have watched Gannon play.

I dunno if he can throw it 20 yards downfield, but he can damn sure dump it off to a running back 20 times a game.

morphius
05-05-2005, 01:35 PM
ugh, who gives a shit
The woman who would have to trade all of her new raiders gear for colts gear cares.

KCTitus
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
The woman who would have to trade all of her new raiders gear for colts gear cares.

not to mention a complete re-design of the web shrine.

ChiefsOne
05-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Much better him playing for the Colts than the Raiders.

morphius
05-05-2005, 02:13 PM
I do find it mildly amusing that a person who celebrates a player and them coming back from an injury and being out of the league would want their player to just retire due to an injury.

memyselfI
05-05-2005, 02:37 PM
I do find it mildly amusing that a person who celebrates a player and them coming back from an injury and being out of the league would want their player to just retire due to an injury.

uh, this injury could land him in a wheelchair...for life. I think that is different than a rotary cuff operation. Just slightly... :rolleyes:

memyselfI
05-05-2005, 02:39 PM
actually, hes a perfect fit for their offense. He audibles a lot, and does a good job of reading the D. He also has the same zip and accuracy passing style that manning has. Its a good pickup for the colts if he can pass his physical.

Nope, I don't agree. I know for a fact his family and friends of his have been encouraging him NOT to do this. If he does I think he's making a mistake.

He had a good run and made a ton of money. He needs to stop while he's ahead.

Iowanian
05-05-2005, 02:59 PM
This is obviously at the top of worries lists of all Chief fans this offseason.

Stop calling yourself a Chiefs fan.

Cochise
05-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Before the Raiders game on Christmas day, he was standing right in front of me on the field in his white shoes and Raiders warmups. He looked like an old and tired John Stewart in person.

Well, Stewart's probably got a better arm, but you get my meaning.

Dartgod
05-05-2005, 04:11 PM
If he does I think he's making a mistake.

He had a good run and made a ton of money. He needs to stop while he's ahead.
I'm sure Richie-Poo will take what you think into consideration when making his decision. :rolleyes:

Bwana
05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Is the Red Ass Rich Shrine still up?

Hydrae
05-05-2005, 04:30 PM
1. Who cares

While I want to agree with these statements, I have to say that his receiving the league MVP probably tops off his career. Don't think that has anything to do with Grbac, etc.

morphius
05-05-2005, 04:32 PM
uh, this injury could land him in a wheelchair...for life. I think that is different than a rotary cuff operation. Just slightly... :rolleyes:
Hence the reason I said it was only "mildly" amusing.