PDA

View Full Version : Sirius NFL Radio, rating the product.

CHIEF4EVER
05-11-2005, 08:53 PM
My rating.....A++++++++++++ (to infinity).

I wish I had gotten it ages ago. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, nothing but NFL talk and up to the minute info. Most of the hosts of the live shows are either ex NFL players or ex front office guys. Guys like John Riggins, Shannon Sharpe, Tim Ryan, Dan Reeves, Pat Kirwan and Gil Brandt are regular hosts. Simply awesome. Plus I get all NFL games live. Great investment.

Note, this is not a sales pitch of some sort, simply my expression of satisfaction with a very good product. A truckers best friend so to speak.

CosmicPal
05-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Yea, I agree- it is great. I listen to it all the time.

However, they really could do away with Shannon Sharpe...ged, just listening to him talk makes me want to eat nails and gauge my eyeballs out. :shake:

Prince22
05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I've heard it's worth the investment. Question - How much is the radio and how much a month?

CHIEF4EVER
05-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Yea, I agree- it is great. I listen to it all the time.

However, they really could do away with Shannon Sharpe...ged, just listening to him talk makes me want to eat nails and gauge my eyeballs out. :shake:

Makes the long drives go by in no time flat. I called in once just prior to the draft (asking about the Chiefs draft and season projections) and he asked me "are you hauling any defensive players in your truck?" I am tempted to call him back and say "No, but I just hauled a load of second rate underachieving scrubs from Cleveland straight down I70 and dumped them off at Incestco". :evil:

CHIEF4EVER
05-11-2005, 09:08 PM
I've heard it's worth the investment. Question - How much is the radio and how much a month?

My new Freightliner was already equipped with the hardware. The subscription for all channels was about $10 a month.

CosmicPal
05-11-2005, 09:20 PM

Yes! I love all kinds of music and it was a fantastic addition when the added the NFL Network.

I pay an annual due which saves money: $135.00/year Otherwise, you can do a monthly fee which is something around $14.00/mo.

You get a lot of stuff and most of it is commercial free...well worth it.

The coolest thing about the NFL Network is you can actually listen to any football game live and from both cities: i.e. When KC plays Denver, you can listen to either the KC broadcasting or the Denver broadcasting...

CosmicPal
05-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Makes the long drives go by in no time flat. I called in once just prior to the draft (asking about the Chiefs draft and season projections) and he asked me "are you hauling any defensive players in your truck?" I am tempted to call him back and say "No, but I just hauled a load of second rate underachieving scrubs from Cleveland straight down I70 and dumped them off at Incestco". :evil:

You should have! That would have been funny...

The Bad Guy
05-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Yes! I love all kinds of music and it was a fantastic addition when the added the NFL Network.

I pay an annual due which saves money: $135.00/year Otherwise, you can do a monthly fee which is something around $14.00/mo.

You get a lot of stuff and most of it is commercial free...well worth it.

The coolest thing about the NFL Network is you can actually listen to any football game live and from both cities: i.e. When KC plays Denver, you can listen to either the KC broadcasting or the Denver broadcasting...

I have Sirius, but I never found the alternate broadcasts when I was searching.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

CosmicPal
05-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I have Sirius, but I never found the alternate broadcasts when I was searching.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Yea, unfortunately it's not easy. I remember one game I must have spent 20 mins going up and down the damn dial looking for the KC game broadcast in KC- even with the display showing you who's who on what channel.

WebGem
05-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I would maybe consider getting it if I liked the NFL.

mcan
05-12-2005, 01:27 AM
How do you go about getting a trucker position? Would you recommend it to somebody just out of college? It seems like a great way to earn some good money for a couple years when I get outta college. Maybe help me to get out of some serious debt.

CHIEF4EVER
05-12-2005, 05:53 AM
How do you go about getting a trucker position? Would you recommend it to somebody just out of college? It seems like a great way to earn some good money for a couple years when I get outta college. Maybe help me to get out of some serious debt.

The best way is to go to one of the trucking companies that offer a CDL training program. My truck is leased to Prime and I know they have the program. I believe they pay for your CDL instruction in full but you have to agree to drive for them for one year. PM me if you want more info......

Undertaker #59
05-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Sirius is great.

I got it for Xmas, and have not had on regular radio since.

I like it so much that I spent the extra $500 to get a lifetime subscription rather than paying every month. It will pay itself off in about 3 years.

kc1977
05-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Sirius is great.

I got it for Xmas, and have not had on regular radio since.

I like it so much that I spent the extra $500 to get a lifetime subscription rather than paying every month. It will pay itself off in about 3 years.

You do know that that lifetime subscription is only for the radio you bought. That means if you want to upgrade to a new model, if this radio breaks, etc., you have to pay for a new subscription.

I was going to do the lifetime thing until I read that fine print, so I just went with the yearly.

Undertaker #59
05-12-2005, 10:55 AM
You do know that that lifetime subscription is only for the radio you bought. That means if you want to upgrade to a new model, if this radio breaks, etc., you have to pay for a new subscription.

I was going to do the lifetime thing until I read that fine print, so I just went with the yearly.

I thought that was the case too, until I talked to them. They set it up like that for the most part for Cars that have a radio preinstalled. I have the Sportster unit, and was told that I could transfer that subscription to another radio up to four times for free. After that, if I want to transfer it, it will cost $70 each time.

kc1977
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM
I thought that was the case too, until I talked to them. They set it up like that for the most part for Cars that have a radio preinstalled. I have the Sportster unit, and was told that I could transfer that subscription to another radio up to four times for free. After that, if I want to transfer it, it will cost $70 each time.

That's cool. Wish I would've known that - the fine print scared me off - either didn't include that bit of info or not clearly enough.

Oh well.