PDA

View Full Version : iTunes/iPod

jiveturkey
05-12-2005, 08:17 PM
What is the quickest way to get all of my songs out of Music Match and into iTunes?

I bought the wife an iPod for her birthday and I want to load it up with music.

morphius
05-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Can't you just point Itune's to the directory with all of your mp3's and have it add it to its library?

I would do the convert option though, leave them as mp3's.

jiveturkey
05-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Can't you just point Itune's to the directory with all of your mp3's and have it add it to its library?

I would do the convert option though, leave them as mp3's.I'll just have to keep jacking with it. I tried to import all of them but it didn't work. It let's me move one at a time but I have to re-tag all of the songs and that's going to take an assload of time.

The Rick
05-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Are they all stored/organized into one directory? Just open iTunes and drag the directory onto the iTunes window.

I know this works on a Mac, but I don't know if it will work in Windows or not.

penguinz
05-13-2005, 10:09 AM
If you have iTunes set to organize your music for you do as The Rick suggested and just drag your current directory into the iTunes window. It will then copy all the music to Mydocuments/My Music/iTunes/.

Once you do this you can delete the old directory that musicmatch used. (might double check to make sure they were copied over first ;))

ArrowheadHawk
05-16-2005, 11:48 AM
screw itunes musicmatch rocks

jiveturkey
05-16-2005, 12:45 PM
screw itunes musicmatch rocksMuisc Match is nice but you're screwed into using iTunes once you get an iPod and the iPod has been an awesome little tool.