PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Gets Official Unveiling

penguinz
05-13-2005, 09:57 AM
In a launch party taped earlier in the week for MTV, and heavily leaked in the last few days, Microsoft has unveiled the new Xbox 360.

Finally the speculation is over about the new console and we can see it in all its white glory. TechSmec.com was delighted to hear that the Xbox will be skinnable with interchangeable faceplates - think Nokia phones. In its plain white configuration it is hardly the stuff of aesthetic heaven, however, we wait with trepidation to hear what skins will be on sale. "One of the first with be a US flag," reported MTV with no hint of irony.

SOURCE (http://www.bit-quest.com/index.php?id=35)

siberian khatru
05-13-2005, 10:07 AM
What's it gonna cost me to get one for my kids?

penguinz
05-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Your soul.

Wrasse
05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
It seems like a poorly written article...and I doubt I'll touch that system if it isn't backwards compatible.

** hopes the Nintendo Revolution introduces some new gaming experiences instead of just upgrading the hardware **

siberian khatru
05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Your soul.

Damn, I was hoping I could get by with just a kidney..

F*ck that, I don't love my kids THAT much.

siberian khatru
05-13-2005, 10:12 AM
and I doubt I'll touch that system if it isn't backwards compatible.

Absolutely. I'd think they HAVE to square that.

Simplex3
05-13-2005, 10:26 AM
What's it gonna cost me to get one for my kids?
Their intelligence.

KCTitus
05-13-2005, 11:44 AM
...and I doubt I'll touch that system if it isn't backwards compatible.

The most important selling point for me.

Taco John
05-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not going to be an early adopter of this one... Unless, of course, it's backwards compatible, then I'll have no reason not to. But everything I"ve read seems to indicate to me that they have no plans of doing that... But I'd love to be proven differently.

I waited two years before I bought the Xbox. It was a mistake to wait that long, but a blessing as well, as all the used games were cheaper, and still excellent. I'll probably wait one year or so. I'm sure there will be some must have titles that I'll want to play. But if it's not going to be BC, I'll wait until there are enough good games to make it WMW.

CHIEF4EVER
05-13-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm not going to be an early adopter of this one... Unless, of course, it's backwards compatible, then I'll have no reason not to. But everything I"ve read seems to indicate to me that they have no plans of doing that... But I'd love to be proven differently.

I waited two years before I bought the Xbox. It was a mistake to wait that long, but a blessing as well, as all the used games were cheaper, and still excellent. I'll probably wait one year or so. I'm sure there will be some must have titles that I'll want to play. But if it's not going to be BC, I'll wait until there are enough good games to make it WMW.

I dig what you are sayin Teej. I won't get one unless I can play my XBOX games on it. Leastwise not in the near future.

Rausch
05-13-2005, 02:57 PM

I was never that impressed with the games on XBOX.

Now, the games that both XBOX and PS2 had looked MUCH better on XBox. No argument there. And the internal hard drive not available since the 3DO was genius. I ****ing hate memory cards.

It always seemed that there were less enjoyable but better looking games on XBox, and more fun games on PS2 that you wish could look as good as XBox games...

Rausch
05-13-2005, 02:58 PM
The most important selling point for me.

My all time favorite game is probably still "Brigadine" from the PS1...

RaiderH8r
05-13-2005, 03:03 PM
The Nintendo Revolution will be backwards compatable and carry DVD capabilities. Slightly off topic but worthy for consideration. Nintendo is keeping a pretty tight lid on their next-gen console though.

Pants
05-13-2005, 08:14 PM
I was never that impressed with the games on XBOX.

Now, the games that both XBOX and PS2 had looked MUCH better on XBox. No argument there. And the internal hard drive not available since the 3DO was genius. I ****ing hate memory cards.

It always seemed that there were less enjoyable but better looking games on XBox, and more fun games on PS2 that you wish could look as good as XBox games...

LOL, weird, I thought PS2 had a huge library but 90 percent of the games - I'd never buy. The only two games I ever wanted to be on Xbox were the GTA's and the GT's, now the GTA's are on Xbox and we have Forza, so PS2 has no value for me now.

Also, does anybody know where I can see the unveiling video, since I missed it?

TRR
05-13-2005, 08:17 PM
I just can't get the hang of the XBOX controller. I play all sports games (Madden, ESPN College Hoops, Tiger Woods, MLB)...and for sports games, the PS2 controller is far better. I just hate that chunky controller.

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Anyone intrugued with it's capabilities as a Media Center extension? ie, I understand you can network it with your PC and pull down any music, photos, TiVO, HDTiVO, DVDs [HD-DVDs? later?], etc. to wherever you have it from the PC HD. My further understanding is that the Media Center interface is hard coded into the system.

TRR
05-13-2005, 08:21 PM
The one thing I do like about the PS3, is that it's wireless right out of the box. All wireless controllers, although there is two wired controller plugins in the back if you want.

Pants
05-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I just can't get the hang of the XBOX controller. I play all sports games (Madden, ESPN College Hoops, Tiger Woods, MLB)...and for sports games, the PS2 controller is far better. I just hate that chunky controller.

Chunky? Are you still using the old controller? I've switched to Controller S, which, IMO, is pure perfection.

Baby Lee
05-13-2005, 08:24 PM
The one thing I do like about the PS3, is that it's wireless right out of the box. All wireless controllers, although there is two wired controller plugins in the back if you want.
XBox is wireless controllers and broadband I-Net.

TRR
05-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Chunky? Are you still using the old controller? I've switched to Controller S, which, IMO, is pure perfection.

I've used every controller on the market. From microsoft brands to off brands. I hate every one of them.

TRR
05-13-2005, 08:26 PM
XBox is wireless controllers and broadband I-Net.

Yes I know.

Pants
05-13-2005, 08:30 PM
I've used every controller on the market. From microsoft brands to off brands. I hate every one of them.

Weird, usually, people agree that Xbox S is the best controller out there. I could never get used to the placement of the triggers, it's like you have to use your palm to move the analog stick if you want to use the trigers as well.