PDA

View Full Version : video editing software

PastorMikH
05-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm looking for a decent video-editing software. I am trying to record church services straight to the computer and then re-produce the services in either a SVCD or DVD, depending upon the legnth of the service being recorded. I can capture, save to the 'puter, and burn discs, but I would really like to clean up the recordings before actually burning them. Things like editing beginnings and endings and putting chapters in like DVDs have.

Does anyone know of a decent & CHEAP program that will do this? BTW, did I mention CHEAP?

Thanks.

JOhn
05-13-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm looking for a decent video-editing software. I am trying to record church services straight to the computer and then re-produce the services in either a SVCD or DVD, depending upon the legnth of the service being recorded. I can capture, save to the 'puter, and burn discs, but I would really like to clean up the recordings before actually burning them. Things like editing beginnings and endings and putting chapters in like DVDs have.

Does anyone know of a decent & CHEAP program that will do this? BTW, did I mention CHEAP?

Thanks.
I guess it would have to legal also?

I got nothin

PastorMikH
05-13-2005, 10:50 PM
I guess it would have to legal also?

I got nothin

Yeah, we're really pushing for legal copies of software at the Church. It wasn't always like that with past pastors, but it just doesn't seem right for a church to use pirated software.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2005, 11:04 PM
MovieMaker or VideoMaker (can't remember the name) isn't bad and will output to MPEG, which is what you'll want for SVCD or DVD. I don't care for it, but what do I know about cheap stuff? I use an AVID.