PDA

View Full Version : Why NOT Corey Simon?

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM
I know it's not likely, but hear me out...BACK-LOADED contract...

How about a sign and trade deal for him? With Simon I think this new line-up on Defense could be very good (as long as we can stay relatively healthy.)

S- Knight, Woods, Wesley, Harts/Pile
CB- Surtain, Warfield, Hodge, Battle/Sapp
LB - Bell, Johnson, Fujita, Mitchell, Caver/Fox, Scanlon/Griggs
DE - Allen, Hall, Hicks, Browning, Wilkerson/Stills
DT -Simon, Dalton, Sims, Browning/Siavii
(29 players....probably only keep 25: Pile, Sapp, Caver, & Fox gone?)

Am I dreamin'? Maybe...seriously though; why not? :hmmm:

1. Simon is unhappy and wants a long term deal. (nearly signed with the Ravens--reportedly for 1st & 3rd rounders)
2. Philly drafted Mike Peterson, DT (USC) in the first....a stud.
3. Simon's in his prime; could anchor the DL for the forseeable future.
4. Could spread out bonus 6-7 years....makes cap figure doable.
5. w/Bell, Surtain, Johnson, & Allen--> Chiefs "set" for 3-4 yrs on D
6. Solid DT rotation, now: Simon-Dalton-Sims-Siavii (or Browning)

With Browning's age and decline, Sim's lackluster play, and Siavii's partying...Simon could be the final piece of the "Defense"--not just this year, but for the forseeable future .... it would enable us to address "Offense" (esp. WR, OL, QBOTF) during the next off season or two.

Thoughts??? :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Thoughts???

You're a poo-poo head.

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 06:27 PM
You're a poo-poo head.

I'd expect that from you. :p

SNR
05-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Maybe if Peterson grew a money tree in his office...

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Maybe if Peterson grew a money tree in his office...

Lamar's gettin' old; WHY not "go for it!"

The Bonus can be spread over 6-7 years; we'd get 4-5 good years MINIMUM from him, barring injury... :hmmm:

SNR
05-16-2005, 06:33 PM
What do we trade?

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 06:34 PM
What do we trade?

Next year's First Round pick, 2007's Fourth (Third?)?

Throw in Bartee, Wesley/Woods, or anyone else Philly would take?

The Bad Guy
05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Simon isn't that good.

The Eagles run defense has stunk with him in the middle for the last 3 years and I don't want to see what he turns into when he gets a fat contract.

Ride out what we have.

|Zach|
05-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Next year's First Round pick

Whoa...

No sir. I don't like it.

bringbackmarty
05-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I can see it now... woods, after a spectacular season with the eagles intercepts a trent green pass intended for none other than johnny morton, and returns it the length of the field for the game winning touchdown. Punishing chief fans forever for not running that whiny, quitting, locker room cancer out of town - and getting someone worth a shit to replace him. in the sb of course.

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Simon isn't that good.

The Eagles run defense has stunk with him in the middle for the last 3 years and I don't want to see what he turns into when he gets a fat contract.

Ride out what we have.

For the Eagles to franchise him, he can't be a slouch. I trust the history of thier front office more than ours of late... :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Whoa...

No sir. I don't like it.

Pick #32....eh, what the heck? :)

dtrain
05-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Why not! That's how good teams become great go out and at least try to make it happen. We could maybe throw in a WR or 2. Ya never know until you try.

CoMoChief
05-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Next year's First Round pick, 2007's Fourth (Third?)?

Throw in Bartee, Wesley/Woods, or anyone else Philly would take?

We didn't even give up our 1st rounder for All-Pro CB Patrick Surtain, why in the hell would we want to do that for someone who has been in just one Pro Bowl???

|Zach|
05-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Eric, are you in town?

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2005, 09:37 PM
We didn't even give up our 1st rounder for All-Pro CB Patrick Surtain, why in the hell would we want to do that for someone who has been in just one Pro Bowl???

Fine; negotiate the pick....but Simon's been franchised. Surtain was in the last year of a contract....

Spicy McHaggis
05-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Siavii's partying...

I keep telling Junior to stop killing hookers when we got out but he doesn't listen. And no to Corey Simon. He won't come cheap contract wise or pick wise.

Wallcrawler
05-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Simon is going to want huge bank.

He wont go for any back loaded deal. He doesnt have anything going against him right now that would warrant him signing a deal like Kendrell Bell did. He is going to want to be paid handsomely for his services every single season.

The Chiefs would have to do some MAJOR cuts on the roster in order to fit him under the cap for this upcoming year. Not to mention that it would take 2 high draft choices to even get him to the team.

Dont get me wrong, he is WORLDS better than anyone we have on the D-line right now, but with the moves that the Chiefs have made so far, there just isnt enough cap space to get it done.

I think at last count the chiefs had just under 1m in cap space, and we havent even gotten our draft choices under contract yet.

Rausch
05-17-2005, 02:33 AM
I have to admit that if we landed Trotter I'd make shat in me shorts...

chagrin
05-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Why not! That's how good teams become great go out and at least try to make it happen. We could maybe throw in a WR or 2. Ya never know until you try.

Didn't KC "go for it" in 1997 with "Chesty" McGlockton and some other scrubs?

BigChiefFan
05-17-2005, 08:20 AM
I'd love to improve the D-line, but considering the moves we have already made, I can't see Simon entering the equation.

Mr. Kotter
05-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Simon is going to want huge bank.

He wont go for any back loaded deal. He doesnt have anything going against him right now that would warrant him signing a deal like Kendrell Bell did. He is going to want to be paid handsomely for his services every single season.

The Chiefs would have to do some MAJOR cuts on the roster in order to fit him under the cap for this upcoming year. Not to mention that it would take 2 high draft choices to even get him to the team.

Dont get me wrong, he is WORLDS better than anyone we have on the D-line right now, but with the moves that the Chiefs have made so far, there just isnt enough cap space to get it done.

I think at last count the chiefs had just under 1m in cap space, and we havent even gotten our draft choices under contract yet.

You could be right; it just seems like an avenue that should looked at, at least... :shrug: