PDA

View Full Version : Twin Towers II

ChiefsOne
05-17-2005, 09:43 AM
The Twin Towers are going to be rebuilt, with Trumps help. Chuck Booms (national sports radio host) was just on a local station announcing the unvailing tomorrow at 9:45 CST.

http://www.triroc.com/wtc/

ArrowheadHawk
05-17-2005, 09:45 AM
cool, what are the odds terrorists would try to blow it up again after it is rebuilt

Brock
05-17-2005, 09:49 AM
It's a much better idea than that pile of crap they had modeled up.

Iowanian
05-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Rebuild.

Fug the terrorists.

Hoover
05-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Rebuild.

Fug the terrorists.
I agree. Sometimes we are such pussies in this country.

tomahawk kid
05-17-2005, 10:05 AM
No more "Freedom Tower"?

MOhillbilly
05-17-2005, 10:07 AM
cool, what are the odds terrorists would try to blow it up again after it is rebuilt

if theyre smart they would blow up the irs building.

ChiefsOne
05-17-2005, 10:17 AM
pic

Donger
05-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm confused. Didn't NYC already select that German guy's design?

Anyway, I liked this design the best:

Iowanian
05-17-2005, 10:24 AM
I'd go as far, as to hope they'd put a giant Eff U finger on top of the needle.

The difference that has made America great is that we traditionally trudge on, rebuild and say Eff you....Just try again and we'll kick yo mama.

Brock
05-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I like Trump's idea. Build it to appear exactly the same, and one story taller.

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2005, 10:29 AM
You know, before they got destroyed, everyone always thought they were kind of ugly. Which is pretty valid.

On the flipside, it would be really cool to be able to see them towering over the NYC skyline again.

mcan
05-17-2005, 01:01 PM
You know, before they got destroyed, everyone always thought they were kind of ugly. Which is pretty valid.

On the flipside, it would be really cool to be able to see them towering over the NYC skyline again.

I'd never heard anybody say that, but I'll take your word for it. My friends in New York at the time just said that it was weird to look up and not see the traditional skyline. I think Trump's idea is fantastic. Put them back up, and take off the bandaid. We'll always have a scar there, but the wound healed a long time ago. Keeping the bandaid on just makes us look ashamed of the scar.

mlyonsd
05-17-2005, 01:04 PM

I heard Trump on Imus last week saying pretty much the same thing....he thought they were ugly in the first place. But in retrospect, after they were gone he missed them. His idea was to build them back up with the same external design, maybe even make them a story or two taller.

tiptap
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd never heard anybody say that, but I'll take your word for it. My friends in New York at the time just said that it was weird to look up and not see the traditional skyline. I think Trump's idea is fantastic. Put them back up, and take off the bandaid. We'll always have a scar there, but the wound healed a long time ago. Keeping the bandaid on just makes us look ashamed of the scar.

The consensus among architects was that the twin towers were good engineered buildings but they were an architectual vanilla pudding. They were erected at the end of the US skyscraper building era and were built to not offend as opposed to inspiring response.

Calcountry
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Just remember to install state of the art aegis controlled Phalynx AA systems on all 4 corners of the buildings. Let the terrorists try it. Light the planes up that get within a perimeter, turn their fuselages into spaghetti.

Frazod
05-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I like the idea of building as it was (appearance-wise, anyway). Then say it was Allah's will. :evil:

Logical
05-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Has anyone heard how long the project would take from groundbreaking to completion.

I believe the project start is long overdue. IMO there is great signficance in a rebuilt WTC

stevieray
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
I didn't think they were ugly, IIRC, they changed the architecture of high rise at the time.

I agree with jim, at least get it started. Not just for closure, but for symbolizing what this country has always been about.

you can knock us down, but we'll always get back up and try harder.

tommykat
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I didn't think they were ugly, IIRC, they changed the architecture of high rise at the time.

I agree with jim, at least get it started. Not just for closure, but for symbolizing what this country has always been about.

you can knock us down, but we'll always get back up and try harder.

I agree with both of you..............however I doubt that they would hit that sight again.......I look a LAX, Chicgo, and other places tarked. Sad huh?