PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs practice - any news?

ct
05-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Any news on the radio about today's practice?

ptlyon
05-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Priest Holmes injured his hip, Derrick Johnson didn't show up, and W. Bartee still has his HANS device on.

King_Chief_Fan
05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=28122

I saw at this site where Smith was injured.

Goapics1
05-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Have they signed Jerry Rice yet?

TRR
05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
How can we possibly be getting guys hurt this early? Unbelievable.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-17-2005, 02:26 PM
heard on 610 that Dante caught a ball knocked down Kiwi & keep on running :shake:

Coogs
05-17-2005, 02:37 PM
heard on 610 that Dante caught a ball

So Surtain is officially a bust then? ;)

tomahawk kid
05-17-2005, 02:41 PM
heard on 610 that Dante caught a ball knocked down Kiwi & keep on running :shake:

I assume you mean Ka-WEAK-a.

Wile_E_Coyote
So Surtain is officially a bust then? ;)

my head hurts trying to figure out how Dante knocked down Mitchell

Coogs
Here is the Q&A from DV via kcchiefs.com...

&A with DICK VERMEIL
May 17, 2005, 3:39:53 PM

Q: Can you talk about the pass play that involved WR Richard Smith?

VERMEIL: Well it was a deep ball as you saw and they were going down the sideline and the safety came over and they bumped into each other a knee went into the thigh, so hes got a deep thigh bruise. I think he will be alright, but he will miss at least a week or two. More often than not they do.

Q: Could you talk about why Jerome Woods and Johnnie Morton are not here and also comment on the other players that are not here?

VERMEIL: I know Johnnie Morton has been excused from all OTAs. Jerome Woods wont be here until late in the week. Will Shields will be in later, Priest will be in later this afternoon, Tony Gonzalez, who cant practice, will be in my the end of the week. Brian Waters, I dont know when he is coming in.

Q: What about T Willie Roaf?

VERMEIL: I am not working him in the OTAs. He is in the weight room and running. I am holding him out of the OTAs.

Q: How do you think your first OTA went today?

VERMEIL: Ok I thought, you know, the first day is always like a fire drill. Overall you feel much better when you look up and see your left tackle, two starting guards and your starting running back there. Sooner or later they will all be out there on the field, but we are going to keep (Willie) Roaf out of it and Will Shields, as well.

Q: Coach, there has been some speculation Johnnie Morton may get released after June 1st. Is the fact that he is excused from all OTAs a sign pointing in that direction?

VERMEIL: I think that is just speculation and I will not talk about that any further.

Q: Its the first time all the new defensive players were on the field. Can you get a gauge on them?

VERMEIL: No, I saw some flash in movement though. I saw (LB) Kendrell Bell, one time break and move. He is a very explosive movement athlete which is very impressive. You know doing these things are very hard. You want them to go full speed, but they cant hit each other. Its a real contrast. We dont want to pit anyone one-on-one against each other yet we have to move on and evaluate these players. Its a little bit frustrating but that is how these organized practices are and hopefully we dont get anyone hurt doing these.

Q: How much of the defense actually gets put in?

VERMEIL: We hope to have it all installed. We will be installing all the time.

Q: Can you see a dramatic increase of talent level out there on the defense?

VERMEIL: There are more athletes on the field ever since I have been here, defensively at least. I think the defense has a future and if we do the right things for the future we will be alright.

Frankie
05-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Priest Holmes injured his hip, Derrick Johnson didn't show up, and W. Bartee still has his HANS device on.
link?

Goapics1
05-17-2005, 02:42 PM
link?

Frankie, I thought you were a mime? :banghead:

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I assume you mean Ka-WEAK-a.

We actually brought in this stripper named Kiwi to compete with Mitchell. Comparatively, she is doing pretty good so far.

Count Zarth
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
VERMEIL: I know Johnnie Morton has been excused from all OTAs.

Q: Coach, there has been some speculation Johnnie Morton may get released after June 1st. Is the fact that he is excused from all OTAs a sign pointing in that direction?

VERMEIL: I think that is just speculation and I will not talk about that any further.

Adios, Saltboy.

Count Zarth
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
link?

He's kidding. :rolleyes:

Frankie
05-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Frankie, I thought you were a mime? :banghead:

Oh yeah.....
.).)
. >
\_/

Frankie
05-17-2005, 03:33 PM
He's kidding. :rolleyes:

I thought so. But I didn't see any smilies.

Rain Man
05-17-2005, 03:36 PM
my head hurts trying to figure out how Dante knocked down Mitchell

I would guess that Mitchell didn't see him coming. Dante had the ball, so Mitchell was probably facing away from him trying to find a blocker to hit.

TRR
05-17-2005, 03:45 PM
I would guess that Mitchell didn't see him coming. Dante had the ball, so Mitchell was probably facing away from him trying to find a blocker to hit.

That sounds about right. He isn't used to actually getting a shot at tackling the ball carrier.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
I already posted this in the OTAs thread, but since this is the practice thread I will go ahead and copy it to here.

Teicher is on 610 AM and this is what he had to say about today's practice:

Derrick Johnson: Looked very good/very athletic. He was the most standout guy. He was flying all over the place. Teicher said he looked like he was getting from point A to point B faster then any Chiefs linebacker he has ever seen, including Donnie Edwards.

Kendrell Bell, Surtain, and Warfield: Didn't look bad, but didn't look special. Not really surprised by this since they are all vets. He did mention Bell looking explosive. Bell started at RSLB, Surtain at LSCB, and Warfield at RSCB. He said we don't need to worry about Surtain. He will be there come game day.

Junior Siavii: Looked good, got into the backfield a lot.

Crap Thorpe: Didn't look very good. He looked like he either mentally or physically hasn't gotten over his injury. Dropped some balls too.

Parker: Looked good. He looked like he really knew the offense.

Woods: Teicher had thought he was going to be there. Woods thinks that working out with his strength trainer actually is helping him more then OTAs would. He has earned some leniency because he is a vet, but his job is also on the line. Teicher thinks he will be at OTAs later in the week.

Mitchell: Started at MLB. No other MLB except Bell that could really start right now, but Bell is looking good at RSLB. Mitchell got his ass knocked down by Dante.

I think that is all. I will edit if I remember anything else. Also, they are doing call in questions to Teicher about today's OTAs right now on 610 AM.

Larry Johnson: Looked good and looked like he was in good shape.

Alphonso Hodge: Didn't stand out.

Morton: Not having him come to OTAs was a ploy by Chiefs FO to get him to take a reduced contract. If Morton is cut the Chiefs should have money to sign more FAs. Teicher doesn't know if Chiefs would sign FAs even if they had money.

More on Parker: Looks like he is ready to take Morton's place. Teicher definately thinks he would take his spot. He also thinks the Chiefs are encouraged by how good Parker looked today.

suds79
05-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Mitchell: Started at MLB. No other MLB except Bell that could really start right now, but Bell is looking good at RSLB. Mitchell got his ass knocked down by Dante.

ROFL Why am I not surprised? :shake:

Donger
05-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Any news on the new punter?

Bob Dole
05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
That Dante Hall is a load!

Skip Towne
05-17-2005, 04:42 PM
That Dante Hall is a load!
Bah, Matt Jones is a load.

whoman69
05-17-2005, 05:57 PM
We actually brought in this stripper named Kiwi to compete with Mitchell. Comparatively, she is doing pretty good so far.
That's because she can actually move her hips.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Tony DiPardo knocked Mitchell down after band practice, just because he could

Frankie
05-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Q: Can you talk about the pass play that involved WR Richard Smith?

VERMEIL: Well it was a deep ball as you saw and they were going down the sideline and the safety came over and they bumped into each other a knee went into the thigh, so hes got a deep thigh bruise. I think he will be alright, but he will miss at least a week or two. More often than not they do.

Guess who was "THE SAFETY."

Apparently none other than one William Bartee.
ROFL

Coogs
05-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Guess who was "THE SAFETY."

Apparently none other than one William Bartee.
ROFL

Saw the play on the news last night. Looked like Bartee made a pretty nice play on th ball. :hmmm: