PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs OTA interviews - Vermeil, Surtain, Johnson

Count Alex's Wins
05-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Q&A with DICK VERMEIL
May 17, 2005, 3:39:53 PM

Q: Can you talk about the pass play that involved WR Richard Smith?

VERMEIL: Well it was a deep ball as you saw and they were going down the sideline andvota the safety came over and they bumped into each other a knee went into the thigh, so hes got a deep thigh bruise. I think he will be alright, but he will miss at least a week or two. More often than not they do.

Q: Could you talk about why Jerome Woods and Johnnie Morton are not here and also comment on the other players that are not here?

VERMEIL: I know Johnnie Morton has been excused from all OTAs. Jerome Woods wont be here until late in the week. Will Shields will be in later, Priest will be in later this afternoon, Tony Gonzalez, who cant practice, will be in my the end of the week. Brian Waters, I dont know when he is coming in.

Q: What about T Willie Roaf?

VERMEIL: I am not working him in the OTAs. He is in the weight room and running. I am holding him out of the OTAs.

Q: How do you think your first OTA went today?

VERMEIL: Ok I thought, you know, the first day is always like a fire drill. Overall you feel much better when you look up and see your left tackle, two starting guards and your starting running back there. Sooner or later they will all be out there on the field, but we are going to keep (Willie) Roaf out of it and Will Shields, as well.

Q: Coach, there has been some speculation Johnnie Morton may get released after June 1st. Is the fact that he is excused from all OTAs a sign pointing in that direction?

VERMEIL: I think that is just speculation and I will not talk about that any further.

Q: Its the first time all the new defensive players were on the field. Can you get a gauge on them?

VERMEIL: No, I saw some flash in movement though. I saw (LB) Kendrell Bell, one time break and move. He is a very explosive movement athlete which is very impressive. You know doing these things are very hard. You want them to go full speed, but they cant hit each other. Its a real contrast. We dont want to pit anyone one-on-one against each other yet we have to move on and evaluate these players. Its a little bit frustrating but that is how these organized practices are and hopefully we dont get anyone hurt doing these.

Q: How much of the defense actually gets put in?

VERMEIL: We hope to have it all installed. We will be installing all the time.

Q: Can you see a dramatic increase of talent level out there on the defense?

VERMEIL: There are more athletes on the field ever since I have been here, defensively at least. I think the defense has a future and if we do the right things for the future we will be alright.

Q&A S SAMMY KNIGHT
May 17, 2005, 3:37:33 PM

Q: Sammy talk about your first OTA with the Chiefs?

KNIGHT: Im just really excited to be out here. Getting to know all the guys and getting a feel for the system and how we play it. The overall communication standpoint is big.

Q: Is the communication the biggest key?

KNIGHT: I think so. It is not just one guy, its all 11. You all just have to be on the same page and that is what are aim is in this camp

Q: Have you had a chance to sit down and talk to Greg Wesley?

KNIGHT: Yeah we have talked at times, but we have never really talked about the situation. We are football players and we just go out there and play, thats our job to do. I know that we are both great players and we just have to go out there and play. That is all we can do.

Q: How tough will that transition be for one of the two of you?

KNIGHT: I dont know. I am sure it will be tough for either one of us. I think it will be real tough. We are accustomed to playing all the time, but hopefully we can put in some sets that will put both of us on the field at the same time.

Q: Some people have said in the past that strong safety and free safety are not that different. It is never that simple is it?

KNIGHT: It really depends on the kind of scheme you are in. A lot of schemes it isnt, this one it is a little different. Yet at the same time there are some similarities. It really just depends on the scheme.

Q: How important is the chemistry you guys will development over the next month?

KNIGHT: It is very important. It sets the groundwork for the whole season. It gives us a jump up on the season and when we get to camp we will be firing bullets. We are working on technique right now, but more importantly we are working on getting on the same page.

Q: The last couple of years the problem with the Chiefs defense has been the amount of talent. How do you see the talent level on this defense?

KNIGHT: I think they have always had talent. I think they have talent this year, it is just a matter of playing together and injuries have hurt them as well. I think the injuries and have younger players in there. There are a lot of different reasons. They were 13-3 a few years ago and they played pretty well. I just think it was the injuries.

Q: Is it close to the defenses you were with in Miami talent wise?

KNIGHT: Yeah talent wise we are close, very close. I think the main difference is the experience and just playing together and learning how to play off one another.

Q: Does it help too that that CB Patrick Surtain will be playing in the defensive backfield with you? Is it advantageous that two former Dolphins will be playing in the same backfield?

KNIGHT: Its advantageous playing with Pat (Surtain) because of the simple fact that we have some of the same coverages and early on we may not know the new terminology and we may use some of the old terminology, but we will be on the same page. I will be able to look at him and we will know what each other is thinking. From that standpoint its advantageous, but as we move on I think we will pick it up.

Count Alex's Wins
Q&A CB PATRICK SURTAIN
May 17, 2005, 3:38:17 PM

Q: Do you feel the pressure now that you have been brought into be the big part of this defensive turnaround?

SURTAIN: No, I dont feel any pressure at all. Its just football. On Sundays is when I perform and I do not feel any pressure. I know what kind of player I am and I know what kind of player this organization thinks I am. I just need to get out there and do what I have been doing for the last seven years.

Q: You will be the starting cornerback along with CB Eric Warfield. How much communication will you have with him on the field?

SURTAIN: Well, we are going to have to have a lot of communication. Warfield has been in the system for a long time. Not just Warfield and I will have to communicate, but Sammy Knight and the other safeties will have to communicate. That is the key to defensive play, communication and running to the ball. I think in order to be successful we all must be on the same page.

Q: How long does it take for you to pick up a defensive play book in terms of learning all the plays and being comfortable with it?

SURTAIN: The sooner the better. As soon as they signed me I wanted to learn the defense. Its a new defense and when you have been in the same defense for the last seven years and you come to a new defense the terminology is going to be different. The sooner you learn it, the faster you can come onto the field and apply your football skills instead of thinking about it. I try to study the playbook as much as I can.

Q:How different is this playbook compared to what you had in Miami?

SURTAIN: Every defense is similar; it is just a terminology difference. Once you get the terminology down you can just go fly around. That is what I am trying to learn right now. Communication is the big part of the defense with the hand signals and everything else. The terminology is probably the hardest part.

Count Alex's Wins
Q&A LB DERRICK JOHNSON
May 17, 2005, 3:33:12 PM

Q: Is it night and day between OTAs and rookie camp?

JOHNSON: A little bit. Its not night and day, but all the veterans are here. Stuff is moving a little bit faster, but I felt I was up to par today and I think I did pretty well for my first day with the veterans.

Q: As you work with these guys, what do you think you need to work on? I know it was only 90 minutes, but what stood out most that you might be deficient with?

JOHNSON: Id have to say getting all the checks as far as motioning and knowing the pre-snap calls before the play starts. After the play starts its just football. At the same time you have to be a student of the game and know all the mental aspects of the game.

Q: How difficult has it been to pick up this defense?

JOHNSON: It hasnt been too difficult yet. I have been in the books a lot and talking to the coaches a lot working my tail off. Right now it is not too bad, but it might get a bit hectic, but you have to go over that little learning curve.

Q: What is the difference being that this is your first OTA and how do you feel that you did?

JOHNSON: I think I did pretty well for my first OTA with the veterans. Im pretty proud of myself, but I know I have a long way to go. I am just trying to get better every day.

Q: How hard is it knowing that you have to go full speed but dont want to hurt anybody?

JOHNSON: Its real hard when you dont have full pads on. Everybody is trying to show the coaches what theyve got. You have to play with a high intensity but also have to be smart about it.

Rudy lost the toss
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Q: What about T Willie Roaf?

VERMEIL: I am not working him in the OTAs. He is in the weight room and running. I am holding him out of the OTAs.

:eek:

CoMoChief
05-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Sounds like Morton will be gone, DV doesn't wanna talk about it.

CoMoChief
05-17-2005, 04:08 PM
just a side not............I am drinkin probably the coldest and best Bud Light bottle I think I've ever had.

Ari Chi3fs
05-17-2005, 04:11 PM
great thread GoChiefs... good job. Nice read.

Count Alex's Wins
05-17-2005, 04:13 PM
just a side not............I am drinkin probably the coldest and best Bud Light bottle I think I've ever had.

Isn't that kind of like saying "I'm eating the juciest and tastiest filet-o-fish I've ever had!"

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Teicher is on 610 AM. He just talked up how good DJ looked in OTAs today.

TRR
05-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Morton is definitely gone. He hasn't been there for anything this offseason. Hopefully KC can pick someone up after June 1st to replace him. I am not to sold on Parker or Boe becoming the #2 WR...Not yet at least.

Sounds like Jerome Woods is going to lose out on the FS spot unless he gets his act together. Wesley has been there all offseason working. Players can work at home all they want, but it's not the same.

Hoover
05-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I love the Surtain stuff, that what we need

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Morton is definitely gone. He hasn't been there for anything this offseason. Hopefully KC can pick someone up after June 1st to replace him. I am not to sold on Parker or Boe becoming the #2 WR...Not yet at least.

Sounds like Jerome Woods is going to lose out on the FS spot unless he gets his act together. Wesley has been there all offseason working. Players can work at home all they want, but it's not the same.

Teicher said he thought Woods was going to be here today. He then said he should be in later in the week.

Wrasse
05-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Isn't that kind of like saying "I'm eating the juciest and tastiest filet-o-fish I've ever had!"
LOL, Yep.

BIG_DADDY
05-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Reading this just makes me miss football.

TRR
05-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Teicher said he thought Woods was going to be here today. He then said he should be in later in the week.

I don't see Woods beating out Greg Wesley anyway. Wesley is younger, and Woods really has struggled with that injured leg.

When it's all said and done, I think Woods will be released after June 1st. He won't want to hang around as a backup.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 04:28 PM
This is as good a thread as any to relate what Teicher said on 610 about today's OTAs.

Derrick Johnson: Looked very good/very athletic. He was the most standout guy. He was flying all over the place. Teicher said he looked like he was getting from point A to point B faster then any Chiefs linebacker he has ever seen, including Donnie Edwards.

Kendrell Bell, Surtain, and Warfield: Didn't look bad, but didn't look special. Not really surprised by this since they are all vets. He did mention Bell looking explosive. Bell started at RSLB, Surtain at LSCB, and Warfield at RSCB. He said we don't need to worry about Surtain. He will be there come game day.

Junior Siavii: Looked good, got into the backfield a lot.

Crap Thorpe: Didn't look very good. He looked like he either mentally or physically hasn't gotten over his injury. Dropped some balls too.

Parker: Looked good. He looked like he really knew the offense.

Woods: Teicher had thought he was going to be there. Woods thinks that working out with his strength trainer actually is helping him more then OTAs would. He has earned some leniency because he is a vet, but his job is also on the line. Teicher thinks he will be at OTAs later in the week.

Mitchell: Started at MLB. No other MLB except Bell that could really start right now, but Bell is looking good at RSLB. Mitchell got his ass knocked down by Dante.

I think that is all. I will edit if I remember anything else. Also, they are doing call in questions to Teicher about today's OTAs right now on 610 AM.

Larry Johnson: Looked good and looked like he was in good shape.

Alphonso Hodge: Didn't stand out.

Morton: Not having him come to OTAs was a ploy by Chiefs FO to get him to take a reduced contract. If Morton is cut the Chiefs should have money to sign more FAs. Teicher doesn't know if Chiefs would sign FAs even if they had money.

More on Parker: Looks like he is ready to take Morton's place. Teicher definately thinks he would take his spot. He also thinks the Chiefs are encouraged by how good Parker looked today.

TRR
05-17-2005, 04:33 PM
This is as good a thread as any to relate what Teicher said on 610 about today's OTAs.

Derrick Johnson: Looked very good/very athletic. He was the most standout guy. He was flying all over the place. Teicher said he looked like he was getting from point A to point B faster then any Chiefs linebacker he has ever seen, including Donnie Edwards.

Kendrell Bell, Surtain, and Warfield: Didn't look bad, but didn't look special. Not really surprised by this since they are all vets. He did mention Bell looking explosive. Bell started at RSLB, Surtain at LSCB, and Warfield at RSCB. He said we don't need to worry about Surtain. He will be there come game day.

Junior Siavii: Looked good, got into the backfield a lot.

Crap Thorpe: Didn't look very good. He looked like he either mentally or physically hasn't gotten over his injury. Dropped some balls too.

Parker: Looked good. He looked like he really knew the offense.

Woods: Teicher had thought he was going to be there. Woods thinks that working out with his strength trainer actually is helping him more then OTAs would. He has earned some leniency because he is a vet, but his job is also on the line. Teicher thinks he will be at OTAs later in the week.

Mitchell: Started at MLB. No other MLB except Bell that could really start right now, but Bell is looking good at RSLB. Mitchell got his ass knocked down by Dante.

I think that is all. I will edit if I remember anything else. Also, they are doing call in questions to Teicher about today's OTAs right now on 610 AM.

Bell will look good anywhere you put him.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Bell will look good anywhere you put him.

Teicher said that our coaches seem pretty enamored with him at RSLB.

TRR
05-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Teicher said that our coaches seem pretty enamored with him at RSLB.

That's really too bad....We will be weak at MLB again this season.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 04:39 PM
That's really too bad....We will be weak at MLB again this season.

We are dooooomed.

TRR
05-17-2005, 04:44 PM
We are dooooomed.

Not doomed, but the MLB is the QB of your D. I would also hate to see Scott Fujita come back and beat out Derrick Johnson at OLB. Vermeil isn't too big on starting rookies. Put Bell in the middle and they could get both on the field.

tk13
05-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Great news on DJ... I am soooo excited to see him play. The guy can freaking fly around the field... there are a lot of people that are going to be sorry they passed him up/doubted him.

JimNasium
05-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Oxymoron alert. I would rather drink warm dolphin piss out of John Elway's cup.

TRR
05-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Did Teicher say anything about here Greg Wesley was playing? Reading the Sammy Knight interview, it sounds like Wesley and Knight are both playing SS. Who is playing FS?

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Did Teicher say anything about here Greg Wesley was playing? Reading the Sammy Knight interview, it sounds like Wesley and Knight are both playing SS. Who is playing FS?

Not that I heard. They are going to have somebody else that was at the OTAs up in a bit.

Count Alex's Wins
05-17-2005, 05:03 PM
More on Parker: Looks like he is ready to take Morton's place. Teicher definately thinks he would take his spot. He also thinks the Chiefs are encouraged by how good Parker looked today.

****ing AWESOME!

TRR
05-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Not that I heard. They are going to have somebody else that was at the OTAs up in a bit.

Read Sammy Knight's interview and see what you think. It's on kcchiefs.com. Sounds like both players are competing for the SS spot.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 05:07 PM
That Q&A was pretty confusing.

Tuckdaddy
05-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Sounds like Morton will be gone, DV doesn't wanna talk about it.

cut Morton but why do that this season? I want to Bo amd Parker on the field but I see no reason to mess with the machine. If they do then fine but I don't expect it.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 05:09 PM
cut Morton but why do that this season? I want to Bo amd Parker on the field but I see no reason to mess with the machine. If they do then fine but I don't expect it.

3 million dollars is why.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 05:12 PM
This just in: DA on 610 AM is a dumbass.

eazyb81
05-17-2005, 05:32 PM

because he sucks, he's overpaid, and he is a lousy teammate.

I don't think "the machine" will stop working because Johnny Morton isn't there. Our success on offense is based on a dominating Oline, a great RB in the backfield, and a healthy Trent Green. Replacing Morton with Parker is not going to make me lose any sleep. I like the idea of Kennison and Parker starting at WR, with Boe, Thorpe, and Hall as backups (maybe a June 1st signee). Also, let's not forget that Kris Wilson will be back this year and will play a TE/WR role.

With Trent, Tony, Priest/LJ, and a healthy oline, I don't really think it matters who we have starting at WR.

CoMoChief
05-17-2005, 05:32 PM

Oh great that's just what we need, MLB KaWEAKa Mitchell getting his ass knocked down by a 5'7 155lb. WR/KR. We better have a ****in solution at MLB before the season starts. I bet Gun chews on his ass through out the whole pre-season.

Logical
05-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Q: Coach, there has been some speculation Johnnie Morton may get released after June 1st. Is the fact that he is excused from all OTAs a sign pointing in that direction?

VERMEIL: I think that is just speculation and I will not talk about that any further.

Well I am encouraged that was DVs answer. That is about as close to a "possibly" as we will ever get out of DV on a personnel issue.

Logical
05-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Isn't that kind of like saying "I'm eating the juciest and tastiest filet-o-fish I've ever had!"ROFLROFLROFL

Dave Lane
05-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Mitchell got his ass knocked down by Dante.

Now that is Scary!!!

Dave

FRCDFED
05-17-2005, 07:02 PM
There are still some LB's available in FA (ie Rob Morris, Kevin Hardy, A. Simmons?, etc).

stevieray
05-17-2005, 07:05 PM

Oh great that's just what we need, MLB KaWEAKa Mitchell getting his ass knocked down by a 5'7 155lb. WR/KR. We better have a ****in solution at MLB before the season starts. I bet Gun chews on his ass through out the whole pre-season.

half of that is legs. don't underestimate a strong, smaller guy. With the right leverage, he could easily take him of his feet.

Saying that, i'm gonna be pissed if he doesn't improve his play this year...blockers couldn't shed him...

Logical
05-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Mitchell got his ass knocked down by Dante.
If this is true Willie Lanier should come back and just kick the living shit of of Kawika for besmirching the MLB position. Then let Butkus, Nitschke, and Singletary finish him off.

Iowanian
05-17-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm glad to see they're giving Richard Smith another shot....If he plays like he did last preseason, and can shake the Underthelights-jitters...he's got a shot.

Seriously...How good can the defensive players look without pads? As for Dante "knocking" mitchell down........Lets see it in pads when Mitchell is going full speed.

the Talking Can
05-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Johnson is going to be the steal of the draft....I still am pinching myself that he dropped to us.....

Logical
05-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Johnson is going to be the steal of the draft....I still am pinching myself that he dropped to us.....
You, me, and my son also my friend. Other than Surtain probably the highlight of the offseason. No knock intended on Bell and Knight.

CoMoChief
05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
half of that is legs. don't underestimate a strong, smaller guy. With the right leverage, he could easily take him of his feet.

Saying that, i'm gonna be pissed if he doesn't improve his play this year...blockers couldn't shed him...

Well having that said, a MLB getting blocked by a WR or TE is one thing, but to "get your ass knocked down by Dante Hall" is a whole different story. KaWEAKa wasn't going full speed I know that, but I doubt Dante Hall and the offense was going full speed either, I just don't see Dante Hall knocking anyone on their ass, especially a MLB, but then again it's KaWEAKa Mitchell.

the Talking Can
05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
You, me, and my son also my friend. Other than Surtain probably the highlight of the offseason. No knock intended on Bell and Knight.

We've adapted to watching marginally talented overachievers at LB, like Maz, Fujita, Beisel...we won't even believe what we're seing when a born and bred, top percentile talent like Johnson takes the field...I think he and Bell are a 1000% upgrade at the LB position and I am already dying to see them play...aaaarrrrgghh....I expect Johnson to be every bit as good as the Miami LBs from last year (Vilma and DJ)

jynni
05-17-2005, 07:46 PM

After draft day one, I logged onto the Planet, fully expecting it to be impolding. I audibly yelled "Holy F***" when I saw that we had drafted DJ. I then assumed we must have traded up to get him. I yelled some more excited expletives when I realized that he actually fell to us.

StcChief
05-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by BSPimpDude

Oxymoron alert. I would rather drink warm dolphin piss out of John Elway's cup.

No doubt Pudweiser regular,light,ultra it's weak piss water.

Logical
05-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Well having that said, a MLB getting blocked by a WR or TE is one thing, but to "get your ass knocked down by Dante Hall" is a whole different story. KaWEAKa wasn't going full speed I know that, but I doubt Dante Hall and the offense was going full speed either, I just don't see Dante Hall knocking anyone on their ass, especially a MLB, but then again it's KaWEAKa Mitchell.

I think it more signifies the lack of intensity Kawika plays the game with, a major problem that I have low expectatins of him overcoming. Dante is nothing if not intense, he probably caught Mitchell off guard but still that shit should never happen.

the Talking Can
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
After draft day one, I logged onto the Planet, fully expecting it to be impolding. I audibly yelled "Holy F***" when I saw that we had drafted DJ. I then assumed we must have traded up to get him. I yelled some more excited expletives when I realized that he actually fell to us.

I was watching the draft, and after Detriot took a WR I started pacing....we were THIS close, but I knew that it was a cruel joke by God...and then the Saints traded up- ****!- but they passed and the Panthers took Davis, THANK GOD HALLELUJAH!..the best LB in the draft was ours.

TEX
05-17-2005, 10:42 PM
I audibly yelled "Holy F***" when I saw that we had drafted DJ. I then assumed we must have traded up to get him. I yelled some more excited expletives when I realized that he actually fell to us.

Me too. And I wonder how many other folks did the same thing. It's all GOOD! :thumb:

royr17
05-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Now im certain Kawika needs to be replaced, I mean come on how could you leg the little midgit Dante knock on your ass.

Scanlon better kick ass in training camp, cause the way it sounded about Mitchell gettin knocked on his ass by Dante, I dont like that.

Mitchell is much bigger and stronger, and if a little guy like dante can knock him on his ass then that is very bad news.

Logical
05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I remember getting to our pick and DJ being there and my son and I just yelling over and over Carl ****ing pick him, you better ****ing pick him. Then exploding with absolute joy when the Chiefs did.

keg in kc
05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Reading this just makes me miss football.Yeah. August can't get here soon enough.

keg in kc
05-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I remember getting to our pick and DJ being there and my son and I just yelling over and over Carl ****ing pick him, you better ****ing pick him. Then exploding with absolute joy when the Chiefs did.I got this image in my head now.

Whooooo! WHooooooooooo! YEAH!!!! *BOOM*

The Bad Guy
05-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I was watching the draft, and after Detriot took a WR I started pacing....we were THIS close, but I knew that it was a cruel joke by God...and then the Saints traded up- ****!- but they passed and the Panthers took Davis, THANK GOD HALLELUJAH!..the best LB in the draft was ours.

I was at the draft sitting by a 13-year old kid who looked EXACTLY like the kid from Bad Santa. He was a Saints fan, and was telling me all morning that the Saints were going to trade up. He said he wanted DJ and hoped they did too.

When the Saints traded up, the kid literally started jumping up and down. He was thrilled. I jokingly say to him, "they won't take DJ, they will take some tackle."

The kid says no way, DJ is going to the Saints.

When they took Jamaal Brown, he fell to his knees and was in tears. I felt pretty bad for him because I can understand draft letdowns.

One of my brother's friends at the draft with us was a Panther fan and he was saying all morning how he would cream himself if DJ fell to 14. I said, "DJ falling to 14 is like a 5-year old hoping for a pony under the christmas tree."

Well, after they took Thomas Davis, my brother's friend dropped just like the 13-year old.

For those 15 minutes during our pick, I was praying that he was going to be the pick, but I never thought it was a slam dunk. I honestly thought Carl was going trade down or take Aaron Rodgers.

Thank god the pony ended up under our tree. It was surreal.

Logical
I got this image in my head now.

Whooooo! WHooooooooooo! YEAH!!!! *BOOM*ROFL

the Talking Can
Now im certain Kawika needs to be replaced, I mean come on how could you leg the little midgit Dante knock on your ass.

Scanlon better kick ass in training camp, cause the way it sounded about Mitchell gettin knocked on his ass by Dante, I dont like that.

Mitchell is much bigger and stronger, and if a little guy like dante can knock him on his ass then that is very bad news.

shut the **** up and quit polluting threads with your stupid Scanlon obsession...christ, because of you I hope Scanlon gets eaten by European Herpes....

The Bad Guy
05-17-2005, 11:49 PM

Yes, afterall your determining factor is how Scanlon does against scabs in NFL Europe and how Kawika does in non-contact OTAs.

:rolleyes:

the Talking Can
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM
For those 15 minutes during our pick, I was praying that he was going to be the pick, but I never thought it was a slam dunk. I honestly thought Carl was going trade down or take Aaron Rodgers.

dude, if CP had picked Rodgers this place would still be offline....the most epic meltdown ever.....

Logical
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM

I actually felt it was more like asking for a Porshe and getting it, the chances seemed so improbable. But your point is well made.

Logical
05-17-2005, 11:52 PM
shut the **** up and quit polluting threads with your stupid Scanlon obsession...christ, because of you I hope Scanlon gets eaten by European Herpes....ROFLROFLROFL I have no friggen idea where you came up with European Herpes but that is some funny ass chit.

keg in kc
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Oh man, not european herpes. The humanity.

The Bad Guy
05-17-2005, 11:54 PM
dude, if CP had picked Rodgers this place would still be offline....the most epic meltdown ever.....

I told my brothers that if Rodgers was the pick, I was driving back home immediately after the pick.

The Bad Guy
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Oh man, not european herpes. The humanity.

It could be worse.

Royr and his father could have some man crush on a 4th string linebacker.

Oh wait....nevermind.

keg in kc
05-17-2005, 11:57 PM
It could be worse.

Royr and his father could have some man crush on a 4th string linebacker.They want a Scanwich with Rich, creamy filling.

the Talking Can
05-17-2005, 11:58 PM
They want a Scanwich with Rich, creamy filling.

oh no.....you didint...

keg in kc
05-18-2005, 12:00 AM
oh no.....you didint...Why, yes. Yes I did.

The Bad Guy
05-18-2005, 12:01 AM
They want a Scanwich with Rich, creamy filling.

Can is right though. Every friggen chance they get, they pollute threads about their precious Rich-bitch.

It's annoying.

Scanlon needs an image much like Greg Robinson when talked about in a thread.

keg in kc
05-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Yep. It's reached voyager proportions.

The Bad Guy
05-18-2005, 12:02 AM
oh no.....you didint...

Yes he did.

Now we can expect a detailed rebuttal from the Roy's about how good Scanlon is and they will talk like they have covered every game he has played in his entire life.

I've NEVER seen a fan watch someone for 4 preseason games, be boarderline homosexual about the athlete, and just know that he's the next coming of Dick Butkus.

keg in kc
05-18-2005, 12:05 AM
It's like Bob Dole's strange Dante Hall love of a few years back taken to a disturbing new level.

Logical
05-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Can is right though. Every friggen chance they get, they pollute threads about their precious Rich-bitch.

It's annoying.

...I was worried that for many the same thing was happpening with Boomer, but fortunately that died off. I really hope he does well and I am glad I have no reason to hope otherwise.

The Bad Guy
05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
It's like Bob Dole's strange Dante Hall love of a few years back taken to a disturbing new level.

But I think I recall that Bob Dole is an A&M fan and actually saw Dante in college.

Logical
05-18-2005, 12:09 AM
It's like Bob Dole's strange Dante Hall love of a few years back taken to a disturbing new level.I will happily bow to the Roy's wisdom if that ever comes true with Scanlon.

Some crow I would enjoy seeing a top notch MLB in KC again.

the Talking Can
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
no one wants Scanlon to fail....they just don't want to hear about Roy's butt sex with him....

keg in kc
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
But I think I recall that Bob Dole is an A&M fan and actually saw Dante in college.You are correct, sir. Or at least I recall the same thing.

There's always somebody in the preseason that guys get a hard-on over, but I've never seen anything like this Scanlon fascination the roys have. It's like the next generation of homerish maslowski love taken to a scary obsessive level.

keg in kc
05-18-2005, 12:14 AM
I will happily bow to the Roy's wisdom if that ever comes true with Scanlon.

Some crow I would enjoy seeing a top notch MLB in KC again.I'm sure we would all enjoy that. It doesn't make the image of the roys dressed up in cheerleader outfits shaking their pom-poms and chanting "Scan, Scan, he's our man!" over and over any less disturbing.

Luzap
05-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Actually, I'm thinking very seriousely about pimping Boomer over Mitchel.

Luz
would you call that protest pimping???...

trndobrd
05-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I think that is just speculation and I will not talk about that any further. = YES