PDA

View Full Version : KC Chiefs-Q&A with DICK VERMEIL

C-Mac
05-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Q&A with DICK VERMEIL
May 17, 2005, 3:39:53 PM

Q: Can you talk about the pass play that involved WR Richard Smith?

VERMEIL: Well it was a deep ball as you saw and they were going down the sideline and the safety came over and they bumped into each other a knee went into the thigh, so hes got a deep thigh bruise. I think he will be alright, but he will miss at least a week or two. More often than not they do.

Q: Could you talk about why Jerome Woods and Johnnie Morton are not here and also comment on the other players that are not here?

VERMEIL: I know Johnnie Morton has been excused from all OTAs. Jerome Woods wont be here until late in the week. Will Shields will be in later, Priest will be in later this afternoon, Tony Gonzalez, who cant practice, will be in my the end of the week. Brian Waters, I dont know when he is coming in.

Q: What about T Willie Roaf?

VERMEIL: I am not working him in the OTAs. He is in the weight room and running. I am holding him out of the OTAs.

Q: How do you think your first OTA went today?

VERMEIL: Ok I thought, you know, the first day is always like a fire drill. Overall you feel much better when you look up and see your left tackle, two starting guards and your starting running back there. Sooner or later they will all be out there on the field, but we are going to keep (Willie) Roaf out of it and Will Shields, as well.

Q: Coach, there has been some speculation Johnnie Morton may get released after June 1st. Is the fact that he is excused from all OTAs a sign pointing in that direction?

VERMEIL: I think that is just speculation and I will not talk about that any further.

Q: Its the first time all the new defensive players were on the field. Can you get a gauge on them?

VERMEIL: No, I saw some flash in movement though. I saw (LB) Kendrell Bell, one time break and move. He is a very explosive movement athlete which is very impressive. You know doing these things are very hard. You want them to go full speed, but they cant hit each other. Its a real contrast. We dont want to pit anyone one-on-one against each other yet we have to move on and evaluate these players. Its a little bit frustrating but that is how these organized practices are and hopefully we dont get anyone hurt doing these.

Q: How much of the defense actually gets put in?

VERMEIL: We hope to have it all installed. We will be installing all the time.

Q: Can you see a dramatic increase of talent level out there on the defense?

VERMEIL: There are more athletes on the field ever since I have been here, defensively at least. I think the defense has a future and if we do the right things for the future we will be alright.

ArrowheadHawk
05-17-2005, 04:08 PM
OFN

tk13
05-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Have you noticed the thread that's been hanging right at the top of the page for the last hour? :)

Count Zarth
05-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Christ, we need a mod in here STAT.

beer bacon
05-17-2005, 04:11 PM
What thread has been hanging right at the top of the page for the last hour? :)

Fantastic News: Fellatio decreases risk of breast cancer

C-Mac
05-17-2005, 04:12 PM
What thread has been hanging right at the top of the page for the last hour? :)

Well.....I first look for a Chiefs marker and then must have refreshed while a post was going up...... because I didnt see it!

tk13
05-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Fantastic News: Fellatio decreases risk of breast cancer
Better news: Breast cancer does not decrease the risk of fellatio.

Count Zarth
05-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Well.....I first look for a Chiefs marker and then must have refreshed while a post was going up...... because I didnt see it!

It's been up for an hour.

C-Mac
05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
It's been up for an hour.

.....and your point is?

Count Zarth
05-17-2005, 04:18 PM
.....and your point is?

I was just saying.... :)