PDA

View Full Version : KC Chiefs- Q&A CB PATRICK SURTAIN

C-Mac
05-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Q&A CB PATRICK SURTAIN
May 17, 2005, 3:38:17 PM

Q: Do you feel the pressure now that you have been brought into be the big part of this defensive turnaround?”

SURTAIN: “No, I don’t feel any pressure at all. It’s just football. On Sundays is when I perform and I do not feel any pressure. I know what kind of player I am and I know what kind of player this organization thinks I am. I just need to get out there and do what I have been doing for the last seven years.”

Q: You will be the starting cornerback along with CB Eric Warfield. How much communication will you have with him on the field?

SURTAIN: “Well, we are going to have to have a lot of communication. Warfield has been in the system for a long time. Not just Warfield and I will have to communicate, but Sammy Knight and the other safeties will have to communicate. That is the key to defensive play, communication and running to the ball. I think in order to be successful we all must be on the same page.”

Q: How long does it take for you to pick up a defensive play book in terms of learning all the plays and being comfortable with it?

SURTAIN: “The sooner the better. As soon as they signed me I wanted to learn the defense. It’s a new defense and when you have been in the same defense for the last seven years and you come to a new defense the terminology is going to be different. The sooner you learn it, the faster you can come onto the field and apply your football skills instead of thinking about it. I try to study the playbook as much as I can.”

Q:How different is this playbook compared to what you had in Miami?

SURTAIN: “Every defense is similar; it is just a terminology difference. Once you get the terminology down you can just go fly around. That is what I am trying to learn right now. Communication is the big part of the defense with the hand signals and everything else. The terminology is probably the hardest part.”

ArrowheadHawk
05-17-2005, 05:09 PM
OFN
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=116464

C-Mac
05-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Well.....I first look for a Chiefs marker and then must have refreshed while a post was going up...... because I didnt see it!
Sorry team!