PDA

View Full Version : Cards in town this weekend.

CASHMAN
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Who will be going out to the K to see the red-birds and the royals?
I will be there saturday on the 1st base side 16 rows up:)

CASHMAN.

SCTrojan
05-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Taking the kids on Friday night. I'm hoping Greinke is pitching and pulls out his first win of the season.

BigRedChief
05-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm there Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

Demonpenz
05-17-2005, 10:58 PM
i was talking to myfriend who likes the cards and he said "There will be so much red it will be like we are playing at home" I asked if everyone is going to leave in the 7th inning just like at home

tk13
05-18-2005, 04:24 AM
Taking the kids on Friday night. I'm hoping Greinke is pitching and pulls out his first win of the season.
He's gotta face Mark Mulder, which sets up him nicely for yet another low scoring loss. Should be a great pitching duel though.

SCTrojan
05-18-2005, 04:30 AM
He's gotta face Mark Mulder, which sets up him nicely for yet another low scoring loss. Should be a great pitching duel though.

Nothing like going up against the best to earn your first win. I'm hoping Sweeney has recovered from his oblique injury, or whatever it is.

wildcat09
05-18-2005, 04:35 AM
my brother graduates from high school this weekend and it is 6 hours away. i might try to make it back on sunday.

tk13
05-18-2005, 04:41 AM
Nothing like going up against the best to earn your first win. I'm hoping Sweeney has recovered from his oblique injury, or whatever it is.
Well they have Rolen on the DL and it appears Jim Edmonds is pretty banged up... they'll still have a pretty good offensive team but it won't be 100%. Mark Mulder has always completely owned us it seems like, I'm not very confident we'll be able to score many runs.

tk13
05-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Yeah I went and looked it up real quick, Mulder's 8-1 with a 2.40 ERA against the Royals, which is pretty much his best numbers against anybody he's faced more than just 1 or 2 times. He's got 4 complete games and 2 shutouts vs. KC, which is the most he's had against any one team.

SCTrojan
05-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Well they have Rolen on the DL and it appears Jim Edmonds is pretty banged up... they'll still have a pretty good offensive team but it won't be 100%. Mark Mulder has always completely owned us it seems like, I'm not very confident we'll be able to score many runs.

I was in Vegas last year when he was pitching against us. I was going to lay a huge bet on him since we had never beaten him. Figured it was easy money. Luckily, I got busy and never placed the bet because we hammered him. Maybe that's the start of a trend. Or not.

I'll be happy with a well-pitched ballgame on both sides. We need to win on Friday so I don't have to walk to the parking lot surrounded by a bunch of gloating Cardinals.

shakesthecat
05-18-2005, 07:20 AM
I'm going Sat. and Sunday

Hey tk13, do know what the rest of the pitching matchups are yet?

Please don't say Lima.

4th and Long
05-18-2005, 07:44 AM
[Chandler Bing] CASHMAN, Could your sig pics BE any bigger? [/Chandler Bing]